Triple Trouble, Oh Dear!

Jessica Rose Phoenix

Wand
A twig from an Awesome tree.
"C'mon guys!" Jess whispered excitedly to her sisters, Emma-Lily and Lola. They had heard rumors about the forest, and that there were unicorns and centaurs. Jess was keen, Lola didn't care, but Emma was a little nervous. "It'll be okay, we won't be caught!" Jessica had said brightly, moments before. It was after curfew, and the girls' knew they shouldn't be out of their common rooms, let alone in the forest. The three girls were dressed identically in dark blue jeans, black tees and a dark red hoodie. Their hair was tied into a ponytail, something Jess hated. She always hated tieing her hair up, but she didn't mind if her sisters were also doing it.

The triplets sneaked through the castle, not being spotted, until they reached the forest. Jess shivered, and held onto her sisters' hands. "Lets go." she whispered, trying to hide her fear. She wished her sisters' didn't know her so well: if they hadn't been as scared as her, they would have teased her. Trees, trees and more, you guessed it: trees. "This is boring." Lola complained. "Shh, I think I heard something, Emma did you hear it?"

Lola rolled her eyes at Jess. "We are going to get caught, d'you really think that we are going to get out of the castle?" she snorted, as they clambered out of the portrait hole. "Jess, you idiot, come back!" she hissed, standing in front of Emma-Lily in the doorway. Lola wanted to go to bed, but Jess wouldn't sleep like a normal person. Of course not, Lola hardly expected this to slide. When her sister had made up her mind, she was as stubborn as a donkey. Or whatever the saying was.

Nope, the word 'forbidden' meant 'go in and drag your sisters in to' to her sister. Emma wasn't like that, she was just sweet. After not being caught, she entered the forest. "Yikes, this place gives me the creeps." she muttered. "This is boring." Lola complained. She stopped, and looked at Jess, who was evidently scared. "Okay, you've seen the forest, can we go now?" she sighed. Jess grabbed Lola and Emma-Lily's hands, and Lola squeezed her sister's hand, smiling a little. Oh, sure Jess acted brave, but she was really terrified like the other two.

Ciaphas was walking past his window, when he caught a flicker of movement near the edge of the Forbidden Forest. Sighing, he grabbed Aether from his perch on the wall, shrugged on his leather duster, and made his way down. When he reached the edge of the forest, he shut his eyes and brought his hand up, murmuring, "Estus os." When he opened his eyes, the trail of the students was before him, the trail of residual body heat like a yellow brick road in his eyes.

Ciaphas strode quickly and silently, keeping a low profile. "Finite", he murmured again, as he neared the end of the trail. Before him he could make out a few figures in the gloom. "I'm getting too old for this," he muttered to himself. Bringing his hand up again, he shut his eyes as before and muttered, "Lux lucis os." When he opened his eyes again, the scene was flooded with light as though it was daylight. Three students were before him, but it looked unlikely that they had noticed him yet. They looked alot like first years, no doubt eager to see what was so forbidden about the Forbidden Forest. Rubbing the bridge of his nose, Ciaphas decided to stay back and watch for now. He had them already, so they were bound for detention with him anyhow.

"ok guy s please be quite lola i know you want to go to bed but i love exploring and feel the forest is the only place other then the libary where i can be my self!"
"but jess i can sense it ifeel it in my bones were being watched!"
Emma-Lily whipered

Jess sighed. "Emma, you're an idiot. No-one of watching us." she said breezily. Emma was good at telling if people were near, people often teased her that she was clairvoyant, but Jess knew better. "C'mon, lets climb the tree!" she said, already sitting in the first branch of a large tree.

"i'm not a idiot i can tell when people are near and you no it but i doagree with your tree idea we're great climber if we run thruogh the trees instead of the ground we might lose whoevers wactching besides you the idiot if your going to argue with me!" Emma_lily whisperd in a low harsh tone letting her temper take over a bit even through she knew Jess was the one person she coudn't stay mad at for long.

"Em, don't blow your top." Lola said with a smirk. "Fine, we'll climb the dang tree!" she said, tossing her head. She followed Jess up the tree, and pretended to push her off the branch. "Emma, if some is actually watching us, it'd be easier to catch us if we were in a tree." Sometimes Emma-Lily's logic confused her.

why when the trees have branches to protect us when the ground is a open battle field besides were good at tree climbing so come one she said almost flying but atcullay climbing up the tree tothem the five branches ahead

Ciaphas watched in amusement as the three first years, triplets, from the way they looked, started having a small argument, and then they began to climb a tree. Shaking his head, he could more or less guess their train of thought. They probably thought they were good at climbing trees, and he had to admit, as he watched them, they were good. But going up the tree left only one real way of coming down; jumping from branch to branch was foolhardy at best, lethal at the worst. Still, they weren't in any danger yet. His internal clock told him they'd been out here for little over ten minutes. He'd let them play a little while more before he'd catch them.

"guys we've got to get a move on!" she said l"ook it's easy watch!" she leaped through the air sun around like a ballarina and danced back to them through from branch without missing a single step
she could do any thing if she was surrounde by books or trees so she couldn't help showing of

Lola grinned at Emma, forgetting that they weren't supposed to be there at all. "Be careful!" she laughed, but knowing her sister wouldn't fall. Emma-Lily was rather good at balance, Lola average, and Jess was just the world's biggest klutz. She followed her sister up the tree, and giggled.

Jess loved climbing, and being with her sisters, so she was perfectly happy. The fact that it was dark, so she couldn't se properly put a bit of a damper on her spirits, but she tried hard not to show it. She wasn't scared of the forest any more, so she had stopped shaking, and she knew Lola and Emma weren't scared either.

"Oh, Emmzz, you are an idiot!" Jess giggled gleefully. She tried to climb up to the branch that her sisters were on, but slipped. "Ow!" she cried. She looked down at her leg, and almost threw up. A small but sharp twig was in her calf, and blood was dripping down her leg. The cut looked quite deep, and it hurt like crazy. "Um, can you guys help!" she said, trying to keep calm.

Ciaphas heard a small cry of pain, arousing him from his half-sleep. Looks like one of them hurt themselves, he thought to himself. Play time's over, I guess. Walking out into the open, he waved his hand at the tree they were on. The wind heeded his command, and swept gently through the branches, brushing each girl hard on the cheek, the equivalent of a poke with a finger. "If you've had enough fun, you should really get down now. I know one of you has a cut. Come on down and I'll take care of it for you."

"Jess, you all right?" Lola asked, although she knew her sister was not. Ouch! Something hit her on the cheek. A voice said something, and Lola knew it was a teacher. "Emma, don't even think about escaping." she hissed at Emma, making her way down to Jess. "Sorry Jess." she whispered, pulling out the twig. She didn't want to go down alone, so she waited for Jess to come, then went to the ground, looking guiltily at the Professor.

Emma-Lily silently leaped down to where her sisters were and checked jess leg to see if the cut was bad muttering so quitly no one should of been able to here
" Idiot your hurt now, i knew this was a bad idea, i told you all we were being followed!'
completly ignoring the proffesser.
then she looked at the school and wondered if she could cast a lavatation spell on jess and send a signal to lola to run he didn't know there names yet. she looked eye to eye at jess and knew jess knew what she was thinking by the expression on jess face.
then she wondered maby the'd get in trouble if they ran why didn't he stop us sooner and since he'd left it that long mabey they wouldn't get in trouble.

"C'mon down, or do you want me to go up and get you?" Ciaphas said, tapping his foot in impatience. The wind, still under the effect of his spell, responded by shaking the tree slightly, enough to put a wobble in the three girls. He narrowed his eyes, and whispered, "Audite." The wind obligingly carried their whispered words down to his magnified hearing, and he shook his head again.

"How's your cut, Jess?" Ciaphas called up again. "I know the three of you are first years. First years always think its fun to come into the forest, despite the fact that its dangerous. Dark things lurk in here, far more than any of you can handle, even if you can climb trees." He paused, then added blandly, "Giant spiders can climb trees too, you know." Ciaphas relented slightly and added, "You can't escape punishment, but at the very least I promise not to take points off your houses and make the detention as sufferable as possible."

"We're coming, we're coming." Jess muttered angrily, still holding on to Lola's hand. If Emma didn't come down, it was her own fault if she got hurt. The tree wobbled, and Jess let out a little squeak of fear. She didn't much want to fall. Jess jumped to the ground, wincing slightly as her leg was jarred.

"Fine." she lied when she had reached the ground. Spiders. Jess shuddered: she hated spiders. "I gather that coming in here wasn't a smart move then." she smirked a little, looking at the ground. Detention, she could handle that. Back home she had been in detention at least once a week, Lola had been in detention a few times. Emma was prone to explode at people, earning herself a few detentions too. "Thanks." she breathed, glad that her stupidity would make her house lose points.

Emma-Lily who decided this was time to switch deep into sweet,innocent mode leaped gently to the ground and asked in a sweet scared voice "where not going to get in trouble are we. Please don't take points from our house, I love trees and come to them if the libary isn't peaceful enougth we didn't know there was spiders here!" Letting tears gently fall soaking her reddy,brown hair that was draped over her shoulders.

Ciaphas watched as the three of them dropped down from the trees. "Let's have a look at that," he said, peering at the cut in the first girl's leg, who was obviously Jess. "Not too serious, luckily." He ran his finger down the cut, and as Ciaphas' finger pass over it, the bleeding stopped and the flesh knitted itself, leaving not a blemish on her skin. Nodding, he straightened up, in time to see the last girl land on the ground and asking in a sweet voice if they were going to get into trouble. He quickly identified her voice with the one who had scolded Jess an idiot for getting injured.

Walking close to her, who had now started pretending to cry, he reached out his hand to pat her on the head smiled and said, "That might work with the other professors, but the sweet, innocent routine won't work on me. I heard you calling Jess here an idiot earlier," he said with a bright smile that did not touch his eyes.

Emma-Lily acicedently let out a three year olds giggle. They ethier fell for it or said they didn't but still suddenly treated her like she was sweet and innocent. Shoot his magnified hearing spell she guessed he'd used for she'd just finished reading a book about it must have been stonger then she thought it would be, if he'd heard her say that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back