Trinidad

A

Anonymous

With a pop, two men appeared in a dark alley in Port-of-Spain. The midnight sky was clear and littered with stars, and the occasional passer-by paid the men no attention. "Alright, follow me," Edvard said. He walked out into the street, the warm summer air blew over them. He began walking up the road towards a large Church at the top of a hill, "So what was all that business about?"

Sammael walked down the street with edvard, inwardly cursing the very warm suit that he was wearing. "Well the child is Tristan's bastard. The woman trying to kill the baby is the mother. Tristan left her for Morgase." The last bit was said with a great deal of bitterness.<i></i>

Edvard's eyes widened at the summary, but that was the only reaction. "Jesus."

"Tonight's on me, my friend," Edvard said and patted Sammael on the back, "How long has it been?"

"Since December," Sammael said somberly. "I am coming to find though that it is not as bad as I had thought. Now I am free to look." With that he did a scan of the area, smirking at a couple of very attractive women.

Edvard smirked, "Well to night is a night of celebration, old friend, of revelry." A poetic air overcame him, but left quickly, "It's in here," he said, pointing towards a nondescript building by the church. Beside the door to the building, there was a man in an old shirt and very pirate-esque pants with a bandana over his head. "Jim," Edvard nodded to the man as he passed through the door. The pirate grunted in response.

"I assume you all made headway with the prophecy, whatever it was about, judging by the presence of the Malfoy girl?" He asked as he began walking up the old wooden stairs that fitted in with the old building, which seemed to have been build during the golden age of piracy.

Sammael gave a curt nod to the pirate as he walked past and up the stairs. "Well, no, not really. She and Tristan's daughter are very feisty, and have put up a great deal of problems. Elizabeth recently showed up and apparently is a new recruit of her own volition. I do not trust her, not one bit."

"A sound decision," Edvard agreed, continuing up the stairs, "She seems much to pleasant for her own good." He stopped at a landing after three flights of stairs, and pulled out his wand. He tapped it on the wall in a waltzing beat. A vertical line appeared on the wall and grew into a rough opening. Beyond it was a rowdy wizarding bar. It was rather full, despite being a weekday night. Dark and dingy, the light from the gas lanterns that remained unsmashed did not give off enough light at all, lending a fantastic air to it. When the door opened a minor fight broke out in one corner, but it attracted no attention except for those who moved their drinks out of the danger area.

The most remarkable aspect of the place was the view. There was a wall of old windows, all open to the maritime air. The view was impressive: the city spread beneath and suddenly stopped to become the sea. Off in the darkness of the horizon, a rather violent thunderstorm was going on, but it seemed to be passing the island by.

Edvard ushered Sammael in before him, "Try to get at the bar itself: safer."

Sammael walked into the bar and shoved his way through to the bar. Luckily his tall stature helped him make his way to the edge of the bar, pushing someone aide to make room for Edvard.

"Yes, much too pleasant, considering when I first met her she was anything but."
<i></i>

Edvard took a seat next to Sammael just as a a rather violent fight broke out behind them. A stupefy flew between their heads and smashed into a mirror behind the bar. The bartender, a large man who looked as though he could have been Blackbeard's son, didn't even bat an eye. With one hand still working the bar, he simply pointed his wand at the mirror behind him with his other and flicked it. The mirror was instantly back in one piece.

"Oi, Sergio!" Edvard called over the din, and the barkeep looked up, his face intantly recognizing Edvard, "That bottle of Black Bart's for us," he cocked his head towards Sammael, "And two shotties." The barkeep nodded and grabbed the bottle and two dingy glasses and set them down in front of the two men. Edvard leaned in towards Sammael, to speak over the continuing fight behind them, "The best grog in the Carribean: Black Bart's Heartstopper." He poured out some into the two shot glasses. "Care for a toast?"

Sammael grabbed the shot and pulled it toward him. "Yes, a toast sounds appropriate. But what to toast to?" He seemed unbothered by all the rauccous, actually quite enjoying the atmosphere despite his stuffy appearance.<i></i>

Edvard considered for a moment, "To bachelorhood," he said, a sly smile crossing his lips, "and to the drink." He held his glass up and waited for Sammael do the same.

"To bachelorhood," Sammael said with a smirka s he raised the glass, clinking it with Edvard's. Without hesitation he brought the glass to his lips and tipped it back, inhaling the shot in one fell swoop.

Edvard downed his shot quickly. For a brief moment it felt as though his heart did stop, maybe it did? He didn't know, then if felt as though he had been simultaneously hit in the head and stomach by a siege engine. "Damn straight," he exhaulted as he punched the air a few times and proceeded to pour the two of them another shot each, "Did I tell you about the man who I had to dispatch before?"

Sammael let out a noice, quite liking the feeling the drink gave. "I was just about to ask. Hold that thought," he said suddenly, looking down at his arm.

"Why on Earth am I being summoned? I will be right back." Sammael stood and apparrated on the spot.

Sammael apparated with Lief to where Edvard had brought him earlier, leading him down the street and up to the bar. He was glad to see Edvard had not moved and walked back to the bar, shoving someone out of the way so that Lief could sit on his other side.

"My apologies Edvard, Lief also needed to get away it seems."

Lief watched a pair of Spanish women with interest as he walked up to the bar, smiling. He nodded to Edvard. "Apologies for my silence earlier, I couldn't stand that party. I needed to get the hell out of it."

He sat down. "And how have you been? Made any erm," he smirked, "Dispatchments of late?"

((okay did Sam and Edvard go to school together and were they both in Slytherin? I could add that in, Lief is about 33))

"No worries, Lief," Edvard greeted jovially, "Let me get you a glass, quick." He knocked on the bar to get Sergio's attention, motioned for two of something, a large one and a small one. Sergio, in response, slid two shot glasses down the bar at him: a double and single.

"In fact I have," Edvard said as he filled up the double, so that Lief could catch up to the to of them, "A while ago I recieved word through the grapevine that somebody with whom I went to school in Salem, Massachusetts had taken up the quest of finding me. It seems that he wanted to exact vengeance for me having thrown his wife out a muggle airplane during her assignment to take me down." He grabbed his shot glass, ready to down it, he seems to greatly enjoy this reverie, and a manic light once again entered his eye. "Oh she was an auror," he added, as if that explained everything.

((Edvard went to the wizarding school in Salem, MA, which is briefly referenced in one of the books, however he was born and raised in Barbados. At this point he's about 30 years old. This thread could help on showing everybody his past, which your characters most likely know, but getting us to know it OOC is the tricky part.))

Sammael chuckled a bit. He always enjoyed Edvard's company. "Edvard, it is good to have you back," he said with a slap on Edvard's back. "Now, how about some more of whatever that is."

"I see," Lief said, smirking. "Is someone following you now or are you free to roam at the moment?" He grinned, amused, slamming down his alcohol and wiping his mouth with his shirtsleeve.

Edvard threw back his shot of grog quickly, then poured three more shots for the three of them. "I am now free to roam. The bullet wound in the heart and sudden stop after sixty feet of freefall would do that to a man," he threw back his shot, "Not to mention the ballpoint pen I shoved through his eye socket," he added, grinning like a schoolboy.

Lief raised his hand to his eye. "Ouch," he said quietly, grinning. "Well, I hope for my sake I'm never on your bad side." He slammed back the shot once more, grinning. It was nice to be away from home for once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back