Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Knotted 9 1/2 Inch Unyielding Blackthorn Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
It was Marisol's last year at Hogwarts, and while at first she had been rather sulky and sour about not having her best friends with her, over time she had decided to try and make the most of her final year here. Hanging out with Octavian again certainly seemed to help put her in a better mood, and it definitely helped now that she was keeping her feelings under control and trying not to get too attached. She and Octavian both knew they were not going to work out, but understanding that allowed the pressure to be taken off their shoulders and allowed them to enjoy their time together instead. So tonight Marisol wanted to dance with Octavian and enjoy her last Yule Ball. She decided to wear a sheer dress which despite it being see-through still felt rather modest to her in a sense, given it had a collar and was not short. Octavian already knew about her condition so she didn't have to worry about hiding her scars either, so tonight Marisol had no cares in the world except to have fun.

Octavian's feelings for Marisol had never gone away but the Gryffinor had been given little choice but to suppress them as best he could and move on with his life and as much as it had killed him to date others after him, he had done just that. Yet somehow they had found their way back to each other only this time their eyes were wide open to their reality. It wouldn't make the inevitable any easier when the time came but they were able to enjoy spending time together without any secrets or pressure, they could be themselves and for a short while they could be happy. Octavian met his fellow Gryffindor, who looked simply stunning as she always did, and made his way down to the great hall with her. Octavian couldn't believe it was his final Yule ball before graduation, it seemed not that long ago he had attended his first. "Being here with you again is surreal," Octavian said squeezing Marisol's hand. "In a good way,"

Marisol turned to look at Octavian beside her, smiling brightly as he squeezed her hand and echoed her same thoughts. "I know, who would've thought?" she said with a small chuckle. She always figured she would be here in her last year with Wyatt or Asaiah, but even when they had left, she never would've thought Octavian would be the one beside her now. It couldn't be better. They'd always felt unfinished and now they could enjoy their time together before they parted ways. She lifted his hand so she could twirl and said, "Dance with me."

Octavian smiled at Marisol as she lifted his arm and spun underneath, she suggested what he had already been thinking. It wasn't much of a surprise, they'd always been in sync when they were together and he was glad to see their connection hadn't dwindled years later. "Lets do it," He said pulling her by the hand to the dance floor which had only just begun to fill up. "You've surprised me with your dress Mari, I never thought you'd go with something this see through," Towards the end of their first run together Octavian had learned Marisol's secret, which had explained somethings but mostly her desire to be covered up which made her dress such a brave choice but Marisol was no longer keeping a secret like that from him.

Marisol smiled as Octavian led her to the dance floor which was quickly filling up with students. She placed her arms loosely around Octavian's neck and brought him closer so they could dance, and laughed at his comment. There were so many students at the ball, it seemed especially busy tonight on the dance floor, so she should've been worried, but she wasn't. She found most people were usually preoccupied with their own dates to really pay attention to anyone else, and Marisol wasn't someone important for others to focus on so she didn't want to spend her last yule ball worrying for no reason. "Eh, go big or go home, right?" she shrugged in response with a small smirk, laughing afterward. The dress was too pretty to pass up.

Octavian smiled at Marisol's response. She clearly didn't care what anyone would think if they did look away from their own dates for a sec. Octavian didn't know how anyone couldn't stare at Marisol, she was the most beautiful girl in the hall. "Absolutely," He grinned as they moved in time with the music. "You look beautiful btw, I'm glad I get to spend my last Yule ball with you," He said leaning in to kiss her on the cheek.

Marisol grinned as Octavian agreed with her sentiment about their last yule ball. Given they only had a few months left here realistically, it didn't make sense to live those last few months in fear or regret. "Thank you!" she said brightly, preening at the compliment. "You look good as always," she said with a playful smile, it was no secret she'd always liked him. "I thought you'd want to spend your last yule ball with your fiancee or whatever," she joked, never missing up the opportunity to tease him about it.

Octavian smiled at Marisol's comment about him looking good. He always took pride in his appearance and was especially happy with how he looked in his Yule ball suit. "I know I do," He said with a grin. Octavian wondered when the conversation would turn to his fiance. Though Marisol said it as a joke he couldn't help but think she really did want to know why he was with her and not Camelia. "Do you really want to talk about her tonight?" He asked as he leaned down and kissed her neck.

Marisol laughed when Octavian asked if she really wanted to be talking about his fiancee tonight. "Definitely not," she replied with a chuckle. Any curiosity she had about Camelia instantly went away as he kissed her. Besides it made sense if they were going to spend the rest of their lives together miserably, they might as well spend the last few years they had alone with other people they actually wanted to be with instead. Marisol leaned up to kiss Octavian on the lips as they danced. A thought she had been mulling around in her head made its way to the forefront of her mind and she lightly said, "You should, tell your roommates to, uh, make themselves scarce tonight." She could feel her cheeks flush pink even if she tried to remain as aloof as possible as she said it.

Octavian was glad that Marisol was keen to drop any conversation of his fiance and was especially glad to see that his touch was getting the desired response. He grinned when she suggested asking his roommates to make themselves scarce and was glad to see that being one step ahead of her would pay off. "I already did," He whispered in her ear. Octavian didn't know how long he would get with Marisol before he would have to marry Camelia but he wanted to make sure he spent as much time as he could with the woman he loved and he knew that their final Yule ball would be a night they would never forget.

Even though Marisol had been the one to say it first, the fact that Octavian had already thought ahead made her cheeks heat up more, but she didn't shy away from it. "Okay good," she said with a small laugh, biting her lip to conceal her grin. Although she missed Wyatt every day, in this moment she was glad he wasn't here because he was one of Octavian's roommates and it would've been awkward for them all, especially considering Wyatt had never liked Octavian amongst other things Wyatt felt. Marisol leaned up to kiss Octavian, happy to be here in the moment with him, and then twirled under him just because before sidling up closer to him.

Octavian grinned at Marisol. It was clear they had been thinking along the same lines before the night had even begun. He wanted their last Yule ball to be memorable and he knew there were certain ways to ensure it was. Thankfully Marisol's friend Wyatt wasn't still around otherwise he'd never have managed to get the dorm free for the evening, not only had Wyatt been one of Marisol's best friends he had also hated Octavian. "Would I be crazy to suggest we skip the rest of the dance and go upstairs already?" Octavian suggested with a grin.

Marisol laughed lightly as Octavian suggested leaving the dance already. "Easy there tiger, don't wanna seem too eager," she teased him, laughing the entire time, before leaning in for a light kiss. "Hmm, how about just one more dance and then we can slip out," she said, dragging it out longer just to mess with him. Everyone would be at the ball for a few more hours so it was the perfect time to leave, but enjoying one more dance wouldn't kill them, at least not for her. Marisol placed her arms around Octavian's neck again and swayed to the music, grinning up at him innocently until the song was over.

Marisol had always enjoyed teasing Octavian and that hadn't seemed to change as the years passed. He was eager but she was right that he didn't want to show it, he needed to be cool. "You tease," he grinned looking down at her. "You're right though, we should make the most of this," Octavian said as he held her close and they moved together with the music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back