Transfiguration 1:5

Lesson Five: Learning Flammeus Tailora (match into a needle)
Leif was stood in front of his class, leaning against his desk as he usually did while he waited for his students to arrive. Beside him sat a large glass jar. One that normally wasn't present in his classes but would be necessary for today's lesson.

"Good morning! I know we're all excited to be working with our wands once more so I won't be doing much talking today. Let's get right to it." He started, waving his wand at the jard beside him. It floated up off his desk and into his outstretched hand. "Alright. In this jar are matches. I would like each of you to walk up to me and carefully take a match. Single file now, and don't push anyone. No trying to light them, either, or you'll have to attend your next lesson completely soaked." He told them with a wink, yet his voice was stern enough for his students to realize he was being serious.

Once everyone had a match, Professor Odegard put the jar back down and turned to the students, his own match in hand to use as a demonstration. "Today we are going to turn matches into needles. Of course we will be using the 'three tap' motion with our wand as usual. The incantation for this is 'Flammeus Tailora'." He tapped his wand in the palm of his hand three times and said "Flammeus Tailora". In the blink of an eye the match's wood became sleek metal, and the phosphorous sulfide changed into the needle's eye, perfect for threading. "It is that simple. Well, as always, I will be walking around the room as you work. If you need something, raise your hand. At the end of the class, I need you to turn your needles back in. I'll be counting them. Begin!"

Note: "Finite" is a counter-spell, not Untransfiguration, and shouldn't be used to reverse any transfigurations.

Roleplay turning your match into a needle for full marks.

Ambrose was doing well in class as far as he was concerned. It helped that he enjoyed most of them, which made studying and making sure he finished his homework on time a whole lot easier. It even allowed him plenty of time to still do fun things outside of class and if that was what school was going to be like for the next six and a half years than he was more than cool with it.

Taking his seat in the transfiguration classroom Ambrose listened to what professor Odegard told them about how they were going to be turning matches into needles. He walked to the front of a room and took one of the matches before returning to his seat and watching him demonstrate the spell. It didn't lookt too difficult, he was sure it wouldn't be a challenge to imagine a needle either. Once they were allowed to practice the spell for himself he imagined the best needle he could and tapped the match a few times while speaking the incantation. It took him a few more tries than he would've imagined but he managed to turn his match into a needle before the end of class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back