Transfiguration 1:4

Lesson Four: Learning Scriopea (quill into spoon)
Leif sat behind his desk for a change, working on some of his other lesson materials while his first year students slowly started finding their way into his classroom. He looked up when he noticed most of them were there, getting up from behind his desk to close the door. "Welcome back," He greeted them as he moved back towards his desk. "To get started today, I'd like you to take out your quills." He heard some of the students mumbling under their breath, sure they had remembered him mentioning they'd be doing wandwork today. He smirked as he looked at some of the mumbling students.

"Now, take out your wands." Leif added, and a few of the students looked puzzled. He turned around and grabbed his own quill from the desk. "Today we are going to change our quills into spoons. In transfiguration, concentration and imagination are key. If you can't mentally visualise the outcome of your spell, it isn't going to work well. You are altering the very molecules that make up an object, so I'm sure you can see how important it is to concentrate. In most of the transfigurations that we will be doing we will be using the 'three tap' method. For this particular transfiguration, the incantation is Scriopea. Now watch me..." Professor Odegard held his wand to his quill, tapped it three times and said "Scriopea". With a soft noise, his quill flipped around and turned into a silver spoon, with feathery patterns lined through its metal to hint at what it had once been. He picked up his new spoon and held it up to the class. "This is what you should end up with, though the types of spoons will vary depending on each of you. For instance, this spoon is of silver, but the first time some students perform this, it's quite literally a little rusty. You may also be wondering, "Professor, how is it important for us to turn a quill into a spoon?". The answer is that it isn't. This will hardly be practical in your day to day life. What is important is learning how these Transfigurations work, and gaining experience through them, no matter how random or mundane the items may be." He smiled at the class. "Now, don't forget, three taps, and 'Scriopea'. I will be walking around as you do this, so if you need any help just raise your hand. At the end of class, line up at the door and I will change your spoons back into your quills." Leif held up his spoon and with another tap of his wand, it became a quill.

Note: "Finite" is a counter-spell, not Untransfiguration, and shouldn't be used to reverse any transfigurations.

Roleplay trying to turn your quill into a spoon for full marks.

Time was flying by and with Halloween now over and done with Ambrose was happy he still had plenty of other things to focus on. There was homework and quidditch, obviously, but he had also found his way to the arts room more often to practice. Plus, the weather was getting better and better and he was drawn to spending more of his time outside as well. It was good.

He took his seat in the transfiguration classroom and took out his quill when the professor requested them to, listening while the man explained how they would be going to transfigure their quills into spoons. It seemed like an odd transfiguration to practice but he could understand why these items might've been chosen. They were roughly about the same size, same length. Just completely different in every other way. Once they were allowed to get practicing Ambrose imagined a silver spoon and tapped his quill three times while speaking the incantation. It took him a couple of tries and the spoon he eventually managed to turn his quill into had some small rust spots but all in all he was content with his own effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back