Genevieve Fuentes

'Evie' 🐉

Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Rigid Chestnut Wand with Boomslang venom Core
After over a year of animagus training, Evie was really getting the hang of it now. She had spent her time with her head in the books for so long, longer than she ever thought that she could, and she really hoped this was all going to pay off. Now it was time for her training with Professor Abberline, and Evie was more than ready to see him again and learn some new things from him. The teen headed towards the library in Brightstone with a hoodie over her head and her hands buried in her pockets. The only thing that sucked about the holidays was the cold weather, but she took a sigh of relief as she stepped inside and the warmth instantly surrounded her. She took off her coat and headed towards one of the tables as she waited for the Professor to arrive.

As busy as he was with preparations for the new school year and his own animagus training, Charles happily offered to help Genevieve out over the holidays. It wasn't the first time that he had helped out a student with their animagus training outside of school hours and it probably wouldn't be the last, but he didn't mind. It was a difficult process, one that took a lot of time, and the less time wasted, the better. ''Hello there,'' Charles said as he stepped into the room. The last time he had seen Genevieve he had instructed her to finish her readings so that she fully understood what it meant to become an animagus. He hoped she was ready for a long and arduous process.

As soon as Evie saw the professor, her eyes lit up. She couldn't wait to tell him everything she had learnt. "Hey professor! How are you? I've been doing the readings like you said. I can remember it like the back of my hand... maybe." she said, thinking about that last part for a moment. There was definitely quite a lot of information in the readings. She took the backpack off her back and placed it on the table before pulling out the book. "Do you think we could find out soon what animal I might be able to turn into? I'd love it to be a dragon. Is there such thing as a dragon animagus?" Evie thought for sure it could be possible.

Charles smiled at Genevieve's enthusiasm, glad to see that she was ready to get things started. Who wouldn't be excited to finally do something after reading about it for years? He chuckled when she told him that she remembered her readings like the back of her hand and almost wanted to test her on that. It wouldn't be a bad idea to ask questions, actually. Not now, though. ''I'm doing well,'' the Professor replied. ''How about yourself?'' He thought about it for a moment but couldn't think of someone who'd ever transfigured themselves into a dragon. ''You may become the first in history,'' he said. ''But let's focus on what is important first. See, knowing the theory behind it isn't enough to perform the magic. That's why we'll start with meditation first - yes, I know, that sounds rather boring, but it is essential. As you'll become more and more familiar with the process of meditation, you'll experience visions. It is these visions that will eventually tell you what animal you might turn into.''

Evie nodded as the professor returned the question. "I've been okay, professor, but I've just been thinking a lot about this... I really hope I can do it." she said, trying to push any bad thoughts to the back of her mind. She knew that any doubt was just going to make it worse. At the thought of being the first person in history to ever turn into a dragon, she beamed. "That's amazing!" she exclaimed. She really hoped she could turn into a dragon now. As the professor continued to speak, Evie listened, nodding as he said she needed to start with some meditation. She wasn't exactly the best at that, but that was what the professor was there for. "So do I just have to try and relax myself? Or do I also need to be thinking positive thoughts?" she asked, wanting to know more.

''You've come this far, I'm sure you can do it,'' Charles said reassuringly. She knew what was required of her, knew that the process was going to be long and difficult, and knew that sometimes things wouldn't work out the way she hoped they would. If she could hold on to that and continue her hard work, then he was convinced that she would eventually become an animagus. ''Yes and no. It's important that your visions are coming from your subconscious and that you aren't trying to will them into existence. So I want you to relax but don't think of anything in particular. Try to clear your mind.'' It all sounded awfully zen at times but he had found that mediation worked better than any other method.

Evie smiled at the professor's reassurance. She knew she had picked the best professor to help her do this. She listened again as he answered her question. "Okay, let me try." she said, taking a seat on the floor next to the table. She crossed her legs. "Is this what you mean?" She looked up at the professor, feeling a little odd. This was going to take a lot to get used to. She then tried to clear her mind of any thoughts, but naturally it just kept jumping around. She really wanted to get this right. If she was the first dragon animagus in history she could be famous, so she needed to be able to do this.

Genevieve didn't necessarily have to sit crossed-legged on the ground for this but he didn't say anything about it. If that would help her get comfortable and get into the right mindset then he wasn't going to correct her. ''Remember, don't think of anything. We're only trying to get you accustomed to the meditation process. The easier that is for you, the easier it'll be for your subconscious to react.'' At times like this, Charles was very happy with the fact that he was also a student learning to become an animagus. At least now he knew not only the theoretical side of things but also the practical side.

Genevieve nodded as the professor told her not to think of anything. Why was this a lot harder than it sounded? She tried closing her eyes, imagining nothing but a black wall in front of her. But this was boring. And it wasn't helping that the professor was just watching her. "Would you mind doing this with me too?" she asked, peeking at him with one of her eyes open. "I think it would help if you did it as well."

''Of course,'' Charles answered kindly, moving to sit across from her on the wooden floor He knew that things could get kind of awkward when the other person was just standing there. He found it awfully awkward when he had to watch Harper do her meditation, and he was sure that she felt the same way when it was the other way around. ''Alright, close your eyes and slowly breathe in and out. We're going to try to empty our minds for real this time. But don't worry too much about it, I know it's not easy. Be patient.''

Evie smiled as the professor sat down on the floor across from her. That was better. She closed her eyes again and took a deep breath in and out just as the professor instructed. Think of nothing. Surely it was easy, but Evie couldn't help but think of how amazing it would be if she could turn into a dragon. If she was a dragon she'd be a Norwegian Ridgeback, probably. Oh, wait, she couldn't be thinking of that right now. She let out a frustrated sigh before opening her eyes again. "I've heard that counting down from 100 is a way to calm yourself down. Would that also be good for this?" she asked, trying to think of ways she could help herself.

While Charles may not have any trouble slipping into the right headspace for this, he could practically sense that Genevieve was having a difficult time clearing her mind. He wasn't surprised, though. It took a great amount of patience and children weren't exactly known for their patience, which was especially true for the two Gryffindors he'd been teaching. ''If you think that it might work for you, then go ahead,'' the professor said calmly, peeking at her with one of his eyes open.

Evie didn't understand how the professor was so calm. She simply nodded as the professor responded to her, then closed her eyes again to try counting down from 100. 100, 99, 98. She wasn't really thinking of anything but the numbers now, so smiled as she realised this was sort of working. She tried slowing down her breathing too, just trying to imagine nothing but peace. After a moment, she opened her eyes again. "How long do we have to do this for?" she asked, unsure how much longer she could go before losing focus.

''Usually,'' Charles began, pushing himself off the floor. ''We do this until we've reached our goal. But I don't think we'll get there today.'' He smiled at Genevieve and motioned for her to do the same. ''It's OK, though, I didn't expect you to master the ways of meditation in just one lesson,'' the Professor added as he walked over to a sofa and sat down. ''I would, therefore, like to give you homework. Meditate every day before going to bed, and don't stop before you've completely calmed your mind. Do this and I promise you things will get easier. For now, why don't you tell me what you think of the theory you've read over the year?'' He crossed his legs and listened attentively to what she had to say.

Evie frowned as the professor essentially gave up on the meditating. She knew she wasn't very good at it, and just sighed, standing back up with the professor and sliding out the chair from under the table so she could sit down. She put her elbows on the table and rested her chin on her hand, only perking up when the professor asked what she had learnt from the readings. "Oh, professor, you're never going to believe it but it was actually really good!" she exclaimed. "There's a lot I will need to do, but I think I can really do it. Do you think there's potential at least?"

''Did I just hear you sigh?'' Charles asked, turning around to look at Genevieve with an amusing smile. ''Rome wasn't built in a day, you know.'' At least her sigh told him that she was serious about this and that she wanted to continue to try and meditate. That was good, she would need that determination. He couldn't think of anyone who thought of the assigned animagi readings as 'good' but he nodded regardless. ''You've already finished a portion of it, of course there's is potential. Now it's onto meditation, visions, and then transformations.'' He didn't think that he would need to tell her that things were going to be difficult from this point on, so he didn't.

Evie frowned as the professor noticed her sigh. "I know, but surely you know how annoying it is. I thought meditating would be easy!" she exclaimed before letting out a small groan. She smiled however as the professor reassured her that there was some potential still. She was interested in the visions that she would be learning. "What sort of things will we have to envision?" she asked curiously, excited for what was ahead. She knew it wasn't going to be easy, but thought if she had a small idea of what was coming for her, it would make it the smallest bit better.

''Of course, I know how difficult it can be. I haven't told you yet but I am currently trying to become an animagus myself.'' While it could be stressful at times to be a fully trained animagus, the thought of being able to learn along with his students was becoming more and more comforting. ''We're trying to figure out what kind of animal you'll be,'' Charles explained. ''We will accomplish this through meditation, as it will help your subconscious to reveal the animal within you. Once you have experienced your first vision, we'll focus on getting this vision as clear as day so that you'll eventually have an easier time transfiguring into that animal.'' If Genevieve truly remembered her readings, then she would know that this part of the training could take weeks, months, or even years to master. Though with her determination, he was sure that she'd get there a lot sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back