Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Unsure
Wand
Curly 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Alder Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Kate was hoping that this wouldn't have happened. Surely she couldn't be punished for not being able to speak in class? She almost felt sick to her stomach. What would her parents say? Being called to a Professors office after her first class? Katherine had half a mind to just stay in her bed, that way she couldn't get into trouble. But, she knew that would get her into more trouble. So she stood outside the Professor's door, calming her breathing before knocking on the door.

Mallory was always involved with her students. Or at least, she tried to be. So of course, she had noticed the girl who had struggled so much simply in the first lesson. Wanting to make herself more acquainted with the girl, Mallory called Kate down to her office. Mallory was reviewing her lessons when the knock on the door came. With a smile, Mallory flicked her wrist and the door opened. "Miss Kensington. Please, come in, have a seat." Mallory spoke gently, trying to appear as friendly as possible.

When Kate was in the room, Mallory shut the door, as Maxim was eyeing it. Amara slept on the edge of Mallorys desk, and Maxim had found himself up on a shelf, watching the goings on in the room with vague interest. Mallory smiled at the girl. "Would you care for a cup of tea?" Mallory asked.

Kate nodded her head, keeping her eyes on the ground as she walked in. Her mother would have something to say about that; usually she was to have her chin raised, and look people in the eye...but Kate was too nervous for that. She couldn't look at the Professor, not when she was about to get into trouble. Katherine took a seat, keeping her eyes on her hands which were planted firmly in her lap.
Kate glanced up at the Professor when she offered tea, catching the smile on her face. Kate wasn't sure what to make of it, but she returned her own small smile, before shaking her head and returning her eyes to her hands. "No thank you, Professor."

Mallory smiled softly. "Darling, you aren't in trouble." Mallory reassured her. "I just noticed you were nervous in class and I thought we could chat a bit, maybe help you be more comfortable." She made two cups of tea, setting one down in front of Kate. "I won't call on you in class, if you'd rather." Mallory cradled her cup in her hands. "It's Kate, isn't it?" Mallory asked gently.

Kate's eyes flicked up to the Professor when she told her she wasn't in trouble, feeling the knot in her stomach begin to untangle as Professor Corrins continued to speak. She glanced back down at the tea, it looking far more appetizing now than it did two seconds ago. It was then that Kate noticed a large rodent on the desk, and she almost flinched before quickly realizing it was a hairless cat. Kate surpressed a shudder, defintiely not wanting to get into trouble especially now that Professor Corrins had specifically stated that she wasn't in trouble; and she was being incredibly kind. Taking her eyes off the so called cat, Katherine moved her hands forward to clutch the cup of tea, nodding her head when the Professor asked her name, though keeping her eyes on the cup. "Yes, Professor Corrins, and...thank you, Professor Corrins." Kate said. It would be an absolute relief knowing that she wasn't going to be called on in class, that she wouldn't have to speak in front of so many people. "My wand has unicorn hair which my mother says is good for healing spells." Katherine said, repeating what she wished she would have said in class, before finally looking at the Professor's face again to see her expression.

Mallory smiled warmly as Kate seemed to relax, and picked up her tea. Maxim had jumped onto the table and Mallory shooed him back down, the cat mewling at her in annoyance before jumping up onto her bookcase. She shook her head fondly. "Little scamp," She scolded him with no real heat, before looking back to Kate, smiling again as the girl spoke. "That's lovely dear, thank you." She told Kate with a smile. "I am sorry if I made you uncomfortable in class," she apologized sincerely. "Your wand is an extension of you, my dear, it is an embodiment of your magic." Mallory explained gently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back