Together, You and I

Abel Smith

Sexual Orientation
Complicated.
Wand
Curly 15 Inch Rigid Ebony Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Abel was in the Dueling Chamber on his day off. He had no classes today, as he only really had to worry about Charms and Herbology, both of which he just barely got into because of his last year being a bad one. He had been a werewolf for exactly one year. It was any wonder he even realised that he had had OWLs at the time. He had more important things to deal with than exams, and it seemed that some professor's were willing to give him some slack, but he wasn't sure if that would be so for all of them. He hoped they would give him another chance, but he could not expect them to. It was, after all, his fault and not theirs. He shook he head clear of such thoughts, and ran his finger along the arena edge, finding some dust to have gathered on it. He knew better than most that the Dueling Chambers were not as active as they once were, but he swore to at least try to change that, and if that meant he had to drag Killua down here just so there was at least someone else here for him to hang out with and practice spells with, then so be it. Killua would just have to join him.

Rubbing the dust onto his uniform and lent against the arena. It was not time for a meeting, but the chamber was always open, and he had said previously that there would be someone down here for walk-ins who wanted to practice or have some fun with new spells or even old ones. Who knew? But he was the leader, so the least he could do was be down here as much as he could to greet walk-ins and offer them some help, a partnership, or even some food. The kitchens were close and he knew the dungeons better than the home he had grown up in and now found himself not allowed to return to. Placing both hands on the edge, he pushed himself up and sat on the edge of the platform, with his wand resting close beside him letting one know that if they were ready, he was.

He looked towards the door when he heard it open, and smiled slightly. "Hello! I'm Abel." He was not exactly within the SDA area, but he was close enough, and besides, the SDA were perfectly allowed in here anyway, so he naturally assumed that, if one were here, they would be somehow connected to the SDA.

Victoria was simply on the hunt today, despite having to pay more attention to her academics more than anything. In all honesty, her notes needed more of her attention rather than her own interests getting the most part of her attention span. She was a girl of fourteen years old and who could blame her if she was so engrossed in finding this one particular boy? Not to mention, the sight of him yesterday held her steady that she was frozen for almost two seconds but to her, a glance almost meant like it was an hour of gazing into all of the features he had. Perhaps it was creepy, thinking and dreaming about this one boy but Victoria could not help her female hormones and she knew that she had to look for him as soon as possible. He was a beautiful sight and who was she to let go of something so smartly attractive... and, perfect, overall?! Victoria knew that if she did not talk to him any sooner, she would be forced to ask Dominique for some help and her pride was more than that. If she was the ball of overloaded confidence like everyone thought of, then Victoria had to hold up her standards. She would march straight up to where he was located and strike a conversation and make sure his impression of her was not too awkward the best.

Since he was a Slytherin, she hoped he would linger somewhere in the dungeons. Also, he was the leader of her most favored club at the moment so she made sure to check in the SDA area as well. When she went in, she was greeted with a dim light and some stale air that made her wrinkle her nose. "Eurgh." She closed the door with a snap and left the area. The dueling chambers were near, so she decided to give it a peep too. If he was not there as well, then she would be forced to call out Tommy and try to extract the information of Abel Smith's whereabouts and really, she did not want Tommy knowing that she was crushing so hard on a sixth year and no less, her brother's best friend's brother. Vee was fighting hard not to blush whilst thinking of him and succeeded by pushing into her thoughts the determination that held her together whilst she searched. He had to be around here somewhere, unless he was in the library with his eyes stuck on a page. The sight of him wearing glasses whilst he studied made him sexier though and whilst she thought about it, Vee had to suppress a giggle. Anyone within earshot might have labeled her as insane!

The chamber that practiced student duels was a meter away and Victoria cleared her throat as she pushed the doors open. There was light and Vee was about to ignore the figure that was sitting on the platform but when her eyes met his, she stood frigidly and slightly awkwardly. She cursed herself for being unprepared and stood straighter when he greeted her casually. Even his voice had a distinct melody! "Yes, you're Abel Smith. I know that," she responded and mentally cringed. What kind of an intro was that? Victoria had to step her game up and she took a deep breath before stepping fully into the chamber. "A pureblood and a Slytherin -- no wonder my brother recommended you to take over the SDA," Vee mused with a funny half smirk and smile curling her lips. She approached him slowly and noticed he held his wand out. She would have flourished hers if she felt unsafe but his presence totally made her feel something entirely different. "I'm Victoria Chase, member of the SDA as well. Unfortunately I was not able to talk to you yesterday. You seemed so busy telling the other members about the club. I didn't want to waste your time," Victoria shared, not intentionally trying to guilt-trip him. It simply slipped out of her mouth. "I don't want to intrude though, if you're waiting for someone. I just thought exploring the area of the club would make me get to know it more," lied Vee smoothly and shrugged. The truth was she wanted to see him and she doubted he wanted to hear that. Overwhelming him was never the plan in the first place!
OOCOut of Character:
oopsies, i obviously got carried away xD my next posts will be shorter though!

Abel continued to smile welcomingly at the Gryffindor girl as she threw the doors open. He was not a sociable person - especially when not with Killy, as he tended to grow very nervous, very quickly. However, this year he was trying to change and be more sociable as a person. He was a sixth year now, he was the leader of the Student Defence Association, and he had to get out more, and get talking to students in the castle if he was ever going to get this place back to its former glory. he was already looking into the prospect of duelling, however the thought of talking it over with Professor Styx was harrowing for any student, especially one of the man's own house. He felt as if he had to prove something to the man, and yet he doubted he would be able to do much or anything to impress the man.

What the girl said to him made his eyebrow raise slightly. She seemed... confident? Was that the correct word? He wasn't sure. He froze his face when she mentioned his status. He didn't want her to know his true thoughts on his status as a pure blood now. He barely considered himself one any longer, and was by no means planning to mention his blood status to anyone. However, this meant that she was also the younger sister of Benjamin Chase. Victoria, was it? Kialla had mentioned a younger sister - and his thoughts were ratified as she properly introduced herself. He slid from the stage as she continued, leaving his wand on the arena, and tucked his hands into his pockets. "Glad to see you've taken an interest, Victoria. And don't worry, you wouldn't have wasted my time," he replied, smiling slightly. He then shook his head. "No, I wasn't expected anyone - well, i was, but like, not anyone in particular. It was sort of an internal hope that someone would stumble across the room and, well, here we are." He was rambling. He could consciously realise that he was rambling, and so stopped short to avoid further rambles. She wasn't here to witness his rambling.

"Hm, internal hope?" Victoria questioned and for a moment she was slightly lost. So he was expecting at least someone to walk in the room? Did that someone happen to be a girl? She nodded slowly, thinking that his internal hope and hers were not a coincidence at all. What he hoped to see and what she hoped to see as well was fate and Victoria was convinced that perhaps they were really destined to talk to each other right now at this moment. She looked around the private chamber and wished she had all day to talk to him about practically everything because getting to know him more without being obvious was her goal. She had to tell Dominique about him once she was done with this, because she was already saving all her giggles and blushes for only Dom to see. Meanwhile, Abel Smith could accept that Victoria was merely one of the club members of the SDA that had a keen interest in the subject. Surely, Vee could show no more than that right?

For a dumb reason, she had no idea what to do now. Should she just jump right at him and confess her undying love? Or keep calm and just do whatever what was normal? Victoria fought the urge to smile sheepishly and moved aside to go near the stage, effectively passing by him. It was a stage big enough to perform demonstrations and such but Victoria was not really one who would ask for a sample duel out of the blue, unless one challenged her. "What were you expecting to do with this, 'someone?'" She asked but did not turn back to face him. She looked at the stage with fake interest and tilted her head the side. What if they held plays in the stage? Like legitimate stage plays that would serve as entertainment to the student body. The thought flirted with her for a second more and vanished when she realized the potential innuendo from her words. Did she really just think of him hoping for a girl to pass by this room and kissing her until the both of them were breathless, then in the end sleeping with her? Victoria swallowed and pressed her lips together in personal embarrassment. At the same time she ensured he was not there to witness the play of emotions across her face. Her thoughts were not cooperating - instead, it danced across those ideas that were not suppose to be allowed in her mind. "Whatever it is, I could help you with that since I'm that 'someone' anyway." She now turned to face him fully, with her eyes telling him she was game for anything that was coming her way. There was a kind of light to it that exhibited a kind of innocent playfulness that was not really normal for the Gryffindor. Those in her year knew she was far from having angelic thoughts and hopefully Abel was not going to judge her for being the kind of girl she was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back