Together Again

Rachael Bellamy

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Wand
A fairy wand that makes noises!
Ruby sat up in bed, still recovering from illness. It was the same illness Angus had had - nothing overly serious, just the kind of malady that confines one to their bed for a while. Chris seemed to be managing well, and was doing a more than adequate job of taking care of her, but poor Alice was getting a little lonely. It will be great when Violet and Angus get back, she thought, lovingly. Angus had just finished his first year at Hogwarts New Zealand and Violet, her second. It had been a tiring year, with neither of them being well, and the TriWizard Tournament - and what a shambles that had turned out to be! The headmistress missing, the Ministry on the watch for Death Eaters...it had been bad enough that the Death Eaters had attacked when Ruby was at Hogwarts (causing Emery, Cassandra and Pearl to all hide out overseas while Ruby continued to attend school), but now that her own children were in danger? Still, Emery insisted on keeping them there, and Ruby suspected the danger level wasn't that high - although she would not hesistate to withdraw them if it seemed that they were in real danger. For now, she was happy to have them home.

"Rosie, they'll be here soon, can you get the door when they get here?" Ruby called to her youngest daughter, who had turned three in February. Rose had been looking forward to Violet and Angus getting home since they left after the Christmas break. Especially now, considering it was very lonely. Chris had just gone to pick the two of them up, and Rose had desperately wanted to go, but there really was no room in the car for all three of the children, plus the bags and Violet's cat. So instead, Rose was resigned to watching videos and eating a chocolate frog while Chris made the trip to the airport and back. "You keep a look out, won't you?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

"Yes, mummy!" Rose called back, racing out to the verandah and hanging off the railings, waiting for the familiar car to come up the street and in to the driveway. "Where's Violet! Where's Angus! Where's Daddy!" Rose shouted in frustration. She wanted her dad, brother and sister home so she could play. She missed Violet and Angus so much while they were away at school. "I wanna go to school too!" she squealed, frustrated.

Just then, the car pulled in to the driveway. "Mummy! Mummy!" Rose squealed. "They're home!" She raced over to open the door and stood there, grinning madly, as she waited for her brother and sister to come up the stairs and give her hugs.

As soon as the car pulled in to the garage, Violet pushed her messenger bag off her lap - much to the annoyance of Daisy, who was peacefully resting between Violet and Angus, swung her long legs out of the car and bolted up the front stairs to her awaiting sister. "ROSIE!" Violet squealed, picking the three year old up and giving her a squeeze. "I missed you!" Violet exclaimed, happily.

"Don't hog your sister all to yourself, Violet - there's a few bags and a cat here that need to be put in to your room," Chris drawled, raising his eyebrows with a grin.

"You wanna come and see Daisy?" Violet asked Rose. Rose loved animals, especially cats. Hearing footsteps on the verandah, Violet looked up to see her mother - looking a little pale and fragile, not like her usual self.

"Hey beautiful," Ruby said, with a smile. "It's lovely to see you home again. I hope your father told you that Grandfather's coming for a weekend," she added, raising an eyebrow. "He's very determined to visit. I told him he was needed more over in England...but you know Grandfather."

Violet rolled her eyes. Of course. Grandfather would do something like this. He'd probably go on about how Antoinette was so wonderful...even though she had an obsessive crush on her Charms Professor, and spend the whole time scrutinizing her and not knowing what to say to her. And wondering why Angus wasn't the exact replica of him, if they were in the same house, and trying to parent Rose in his own way, so she wouldn't be so headstrong and stubborn. Goodness knows, he doesn't want another Gryffindor in the family. Violet sighed, and carrying Rose down the stairs, set about bringing her bags upstairs and rousing her dozing little brother.

Angus started - having fallen in to a daze in the car. It was understandable, their flight had left New Zealand at 5 am and Angus couldn't sleep on planes - it took a lot to distract him, too, because he spent flights being terrified of the great height that they were at. Violet had been given the window seat, luckily, and the flight came with movies and games, so Angus was mostly distracted...just a little on edge for the flight. "I wish we knew how to Apparate," Angus had grumbled to Violet. "Or that our house had a fireplace and that we could use Floo Powder. Or even a Portkey!" Violet had simply sighed and shook her head at the time.

Hearing Rose and Violet squealing, Angus sat bolt upright in his seat, a grin spreading across his face. Daisy gave an annoyed mew at the sudden movement. "Sorry Daisy," Angus said, apologetically. Sort of sheepishly, he stepped out of the car, still beaming. "You gonna let me hug my sister, too?" he drawled, sarcastically. "Hey ah- mum," Angus greeted, awkwardly. He was still getting used to calling his Aunt Ruby his mum. He knew it would take a while.

Seeing Angus step out of the car, Rose squealed, wriggling free of her sister's hold. "Angus!" she cried, racing over to her big brother and wrapping her arms around his legs. She didn't know the boy as well as she knew her sister, but Rose didn't care, she loved him dearly. He was so much more fun than Violet sometimes. He was always up for playing games, he was always more energetic than Violet - even though Ruby had explained to Rose that Angus had been quite sick and needed to get his strength back. Rose knew Angus would play games with her, though. "I missed you!" she exclaimed, keeping a tight hold of Angus's legs.

"Angus!" Ruby cried, a broad grin spreading across her tired, pale face. "Hey you. I'm very disappointed in you. I told you to take care and look at you!" she laughed. "I've made a cake. It's probably not as nice as your aunt's, but I try. So once you've finished this catch-up session, we can all have some tea and cake." Ruby suggested, smiling. It's so nice to have everyone home, she thought, happily. Some time in the warm Brisbane climate and with some TLC would do Angus good, and some relaxation time would certainly improve Violet. Insane hours had caused her to lose a bit of weight, but she just looked tired and run down. Perhaps a makeover was in order. Ruby smirked as she looked her awkward-looking oldest daughter over. Violet was so pretty, but she just needed to look a lot...nicer. Ruby clapped her hands together, somewhat evilly. Her two older children were going to go back to Hogwarts healthy, happy, and looking amazing, or her name wasn't Ruby Bellamy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back