To The Beat Of My Own Drum

Corella Ashley

OOC First Name
Cole
The enchanted drum beat out a steady rhythm as Corella moved around outside, dancing and smiling - enjoying herself even if she looked a bit crazy. The bright smile on her face had drawn in the occasional person, and the occasional chuckle could be heard when she tripped or slipped to the ground. Her long skirt had grass stains - nothing a scourgify charm couldn't fix. The brunette tried her best to appear graceful, but she was obviously not the epitome of grace like many of the girls whom were a part of the school she was in. Corella didn't mind though - she had fun at Beuxbatons. And since this was her last year she wanted to have the most fun.

As Corella attempted to spin on one foot in the grass, the dew that stuck to her caused her foot to slip from beneath her and with a large thud she hit the ground. Holding back tears of a stinging pain she sat there on her rump for a moment, before flopping on her back. She could only hope no one had seen her do something so embarrassing.

Annabelle Worth was like most girls who attended Beauxbatons, petite and pretty. She wouldn't classify herself as being the most beautiful girl in her year by far. She had doubts over her own looks since she was a scrawny girl and now standing in at 5'4", she was one of the shortest girls in her class. It was winter in France, but that didn't mean the typical snowy days in England. It just seemed to rain a bunch more here than it did in the other months. She loved the French countryside, it was beautiful and being proficient in French she felt as though she could enjoy a lifetime here. But the young woman did miss her family's manor and all the people she knew in England when she was gone. She tied her long flowing hair up that day as she decided to go outside while it was reasonably nice out. Once she made it to the grounds she heard a faint drum beat. She was curious and rounded a bush as the girl who had been dancing fell to the ground. The ground was a bit wet still the day Annabelle could tell from jut walking on it. She recognized the girl as one in her year. They shared a few classes and that might mean a few interests as well. But Annabelle never went out of her way to talk to this girl before.

"Corella?"
Annabelle asked tentatively, wanting to make sure she had the name right, but also make sure the girl was alright. It looked like she had fallen quite hard onto the ground and could be in a bit of pain. It wasn't rare though, to see someone dancing around the school. It was a class after all, the girls and boys at Beauxbatons were known for the performances they were able to put on at events. "Are you alright?" She asked approaching Corella who was still down on the ground.

[I am super lame and take forever]

Corella would have been less embarrassed had she not plopped down into the wet grass, soaking the back of her outfit within a few minutes. Her bright green orbs rolled back slightly to watch the girl whom addressed her. A smile cropped onto Corella's face and she nodded. "Oh yeah, just gracefully making friends with the dew!" She spoke in English to the woman, her heavy french accent similar to many women who went to school here.

Corella got to her feet within a few seconds and began brushing grass off her outfit which likely would be grass stained. "Oh my goodness! You look stunning. That jacket color, seriously. Like artwork!" She complimented. Often Corella spoke the first words that came to her mind. Regardless on if it made things awkward or not. "You're... No don't tell me. Jo right? I'm so bad with names, that sounds super wrong." She made a face briefly but laughed a bit. "Ann?" She guessed again, trying to redeem herself.

Annabelle was pleased with the laughing tone she heard. She knew that when she was in pain it was hard to really joke about. So Corella's joke and her smile put her at ease and she was glad for it. She looked down at the grass even with the sun out today the grass was still wet. Even though Anna-Jo had been attending the school since her 2nd year of magical school she had yet to acquire the French accent when she spoke. She still managed to sound as English as she was, though she was fluent. She was glad that Corella was speaking to her in English, she had found a lot of the French students constantly speaking English to her as a way to practice. And at first, it had been annoying because some weren't very good with the second language, while she had been learning French from basically birth. But she had gotten used to hearing the French speaking English to her over the years.

"Oh, thanks," Anna-Jo blushed as a respond to the comment about her jacket. She looked down at the pink jacket patting it down as she did. A nervous habit that a lot of people had when others talked about their clothes. She stopped as she thought about the habit and looked back up to the other teen. "Anna-Jo, so close. It's actually Annabelle, but Anna-Jo was just a funny version that stuck as a kid," she replied with a smile. She was enjoying the fresh air she was getting. And glad to have some company that was protruding the sense of nerves over tests for once.

There was no need for the woman to blush at her compliment - Corella always felt the need to be honest. If she'd hated the top she would have found something else to compliment. Corella wasn't a mean person and couldn't just insult someone like many girls did, but it didn't mean that she was going to lie and say she liked something she didn't. "It's so quirky!" She exclaimed to the girl with a grin, referring to her name. "I get called Cor or Ella a lot but that's totes obvs." She waved her hand. "So what are you doing out on such a magnificent day?" The brunette made a sweeping motion over the lawn which always seemed to be gorgeously gleaming and sparkling. It was one of the reasons she loved the school as much as she did.

I'm lame I'm sorry

I'm the worse, sorry

Anna-Jo smiled at the comment of her name being quirky, lately she seemed to get more negative comments about the nickname than good. But it was what she went by and people had to accept that or just not talk to her really. "Maybe we should start calling you Cor-Bob, so it wouldn't be obvious why you're call that," Annabelle said with a laugh. "I just wanted to come outside today I guess. It seemed really nice out from inside so I came to see for myself," Anna responded to the girl who was in her year. Anna-Jo was resonably popular in the school, but she was no Fleur Delacour. Nor did she have veela blood to make her more popular. But she was a writer for the school's newspaper and even occasionally a photographer as well, though she didn't boast about her talents very often. "What about yourself? I mean obvs you're out here dancing, is that all you had planned for the day?" Anna-Jo asked Corella.

I tottes forget omg

Corella laughed slightly. "Cor-Bob is my new favorite nickname, seriously!" Covering her mouth she chuckled a little more, feeling that she and this woman had the same sense of humor. "Oh it's beautiful yeah! No reason to be cooped up right?" She asked, before taking a sweeping glance of the beauty around her. She was fairly lucky to be in a school so beautiful, so very aestetically pleasing to almost anyone's eyes. She knew some who went to schools like Durmstrang, where it was dark and gross. She certainly did imagine it was a musty smelling school. The brunette thought for a moment. "Well I love to look at everything outside. i love plants so being surrounded by them is so much fun!" She said with a grin. "So you're seventh year yeah? Are you excited?" She inquired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back