Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
onyx <3
Wand
Knotted 12" Flexible Pear Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
It had taken some weedling to get the information but Jamie had been determined. In all of their dating so far the subject of his love's birthday and when in the calendar year that was had always been omitted. Jamie didn't know if he just didn't want to make a big deal of it or if he had negative experiences, but he wanted to just do something. Onyx was always doing so much for him without question that for his birthday he wanted to go above and beyond. So it had taken some well placed questions and some well placed polite threats for him to end up with what he wanted, but he had, Onyx's birthday and luckily it hadn't been too long after he found it out. He hadn't mentioned to Onyx that he knew but had specifically taken the day off and knew that his love would be out getting some last minute christmas things and Jamie had the time to make this place more suited for a birthday. Their home was not yet built so they were still in his flat but he didn't mind.

Jamie had sprinkles the walk from the door to the table on the balcony with red rose petals, he had cast some magic to keep the area nice and warm so they could just sit outside. There were candles and lights on to give the whole thing some atmoshpere and Jamie had gone out of his way to avoid it being Christmas looking, this was a birthday after all. Jamie had made dinner himself, he'd annoyed James until the man had told him Onyx's favourite meal and it was cooking. There was some red wine and some sweet desert wine for the cake. Admittedly a store bought one with Joyeux Anniversaire Onyx written on a marzipan square. Jamie had dressed in his best suit and had a bouquet of a variety of flowers in his hands. He knew Onyx would be home any minute and boy was he ready for him.

Onyx had been out shopping while Jamie was gone for quidditch practice. It was their first Christmas together, and while they weren't in their new home yet, he still wanted it to be special. Besides, he had always loved going all out for Christmas decorations. He made it home with a few bags of groceries and some decorations in one arm and a lollipop in his mouth, surprised slightly when the door was unlocked. Had he forgotten to lock it on the way out? His brow furrowed. Pulling out his headphones, he stepped in slowly. "Jamie?" He called out hesitantly, looking around.

He was surprised to see rose petals scattered over the floor and leading to the balcony door. He walked to the kitchen first, dropping off his bags. He was surprised again to see the meal cooking, and his mouth instantly watered at the smell of it. When had Jamie seen Uncle James? Onyx was thoroughly confused. It wasn't an anniversary, it wasn't Christmas yet. What was going on? He bit down, eating the last of his lollipop as he wondered to the door of the balcony.

His eyes widened and his jaw dropped, the empty lollipop stick clattering to the ground as he took in Jamie standing there. Onyx flushed a deep crimson and brought both hands up, folding them in front of his chin and nose. "Oh, Jamie," Onyx breathed, absolutely stunned by the scene in front of him. He didn't even notice the cake at first, much too distracted by the handsome man in a suit with a bouquet of flowers. Onyx brought his clasped hands down to hover over his heart, biting his lip and trying not to smile too hard and failing miserably.

"Goodness- wow, you look- wow," He repeated himself, laughing breathlessly and shaking his head. "I don't- what brought this on? I mean, I love all of this, I just-" He laughed, shaking his head and walking forward, wanting to snuggle against his love. "What's the occasion?" He asked, moving closer and hoping it wasn't obvious how overwhelmed he felt- but in the best way, of course. He laughed breathlessly again, trying not to cry but knowing tears pricked the corners of his eyes anyway.

Jamie grinned excitedly when he spotted Onyx, it was difficult to stay still, admittedly he just wanted to give him a kiss and shout excitedly about it being his birthday. He nodded and gave a little smile. "Well baby, it's your brithday....," he said with a little grin, "I know you don't really celebrate it, but I wanted to do something special for it because you always do so much for me, and I want you to know how appreciated you are," he explained quickly. "So....Happy Birthday...," He opened his arms, keen to get Onyx in a tight hug, a tight embrace and just show him how much he loved him.

Onyx was startled by the response Jamie gave him. His birthday? He blinked, his jaw falling open a bit and a deeper blush burning all the way up to his ears. He heart stuttered as he listened to Jamie talk. Before he could respond Jamie had opened his arms for a hug, and Onyx was never one to say no to affection. He stepped into the mans embrace immediately, melting against him and burrowing into the hug for several long moments, purring loudly.

Onyx pulled back, but not far. He pushed up on tiptoe, capturing Jamie in a passionate kiss. Onyx wasted no time deepening it, turning them so he was pressed against the railing. Caught up in the moment, Onyx slid his hands to Jamie's shoulders, over the shirt but under his jacket. "You look so handsome," he breathed, peppering kisses down Jamie's neck and sliding the jacket from his shoulders. "I bet you'll look just as amazing without the suit," he whispered, kissing Jamie again and pulling him in closer.

Jamie watched the recognition and understanding slowly flood Onyx's face, and Jamie's wide and warm smile never wavered. He leaned in and met Onyx in the kiss, making sure to put in the same passion as Onyx was, but as he brook the kiss and complimented him, Jamie was quick to return a kiss and then pull away, "No, baby, come on, dinner!" he told him, grinning softly and lightly extracting himself to help guide Onyx to one of the seats. He gave a warm smile, "Some wine?" he asked, already reaching for the bottle to pour themselves both glasses of wine to get things started.

Onyx pouted as Jamie pulled away. He sighed, letting Jamie lead him over to the table, grumbling a bit but taking a few breaths to calm himself down. He smiled softly as the man reached for the wine, nodding easily. "If you're making what I think you are, then a glass of wine would be perfect," he brushed his hand through his hair. "Mon chiot, mon amour," Onyx looked around, feeling a little overwhelmed by all that Jamie had done.

"Jamie, baby, this is all amazing," he complimented sincerely, turning his gaze back to his lovers. "I just... Mon chiot, Christmas is in a few days. We don't need to celebrate my birthday," He told Jamie, feeling a bit guilty about the fuss Jamie had made of the occasion. "We've never really- I've never really celebrated my birthday, mon chiot." He explained, brushing his hair back. "Christmas has always been so chaotic and draining, I don't mind just celebrating Christmas," he promised, giving his lover a shy smile. He hoped Jamie hadn't been too put out trying to get this all put together with the holidays practically on top of them.

Jamie began pouring him a glass of wine and then did the same for himself. He sat down in front of him and gave a little frowned. "Question not the need, I wanted to celebrate you, you are more important to me than some muggle festival," he assured him. He took a sip of his wine and then reached out to touch Onyx's hand. "Our December 23rd from now until always will be our day to celebrate you, no Christmas, just you," he assured him. He knew with Onyx's bigger family that this probably influenced the fact that it was a busy season with lots, and though Jamie could admit he did usually have plans with his family, he still felt it was important to celebrate Onyx. "I'll always make the time to celebrate you because you are my love," he assured him. He would never want to not celebrate him.

Onyx's heart fluttered as Jamie spoke, and he couldn't help but relax, purring softly and smiling warmly as he took Jamie's hand. He practically melted, leaning his cheek against his hand and watching Jamie with adoration in his eyes. "Okay," he replied airily, tempted to just slip over and curl up in Jamie's lap. "I know that dessert is going to have to wait," he teased gently after a bit. "Did you have a plan for tonight, mon chiot?" He asked, taking his hand from Jamie and reaching up to brush his hair behind his ear.

Jamie gave him a little smile, "Not really, I was thinking we eat, then we relax, then you open your present and then we go to bed," he told him with a little smile. He hadn't planned much but this evening was all about him. "Most important, I do everything, you sit back and don't worry about a thing," he assured him. He got the feeling this might be a little difficult for Onyx but Jamie didn't mind. He took his wine glass with his free hand and lifted it up. "Here's to you, my fiancee, Happy birthday Onyx,"

Onyx blushed deeply at Jaime's words. A present? Really? He laughed, rubbing his neck. "Well, you know me. I love it when you baby me," he brushed his hair back, peeking up with a shy smile. He ducked his head as Jamie toasted him, unsure how to handle the attention. He was so used to doting on everyone else, he wasn't sure how to react when he was on the receiving end. He picked up his own glass, feeling a little shy as he smiled at Jamie. He touched his glass briefly to Jamie's before taking a sip. He tried to ignore that he felt a but underdressed and instead focused on how handsome his lover was.

He sipped his wine, actually enjoying the taste before he set it down. He sighed softly, propping his chin in his hand and smiling warmly at Jamie. "You spoil me," he sighed, settling in and trying to relax. It was easy, looking back at his love, Onyx let out a slow breath, unthinkingly glancing up and smiling as he saw the stars were beginning to come out.

Jamie nodded with a little grin, since he knew that Onyx liked feeling wanted and looked after, he was more than happy to be the one to do it. He toasted to him and when the wine glass was back on the table he made the first course slow float out to them. "I don't spoil you nearly enough," he assured him. Jamie always wanted Onyx to feel loved, to feel safe and to feel like he was the most important person in his life. "Now, time for the first course. I cooked this all by myself...but if it's terrible you have to tell me," he had a light and placeful tone hoping that Onyx would enjoy the meal but also not feel bad to say if it was horrible.

Onyx giggled lightly as the food came out, tempted to grab it out of the air but he let it settle on the table before serving it up without a thought. "Enjoy it while you can, mon chiot, tomorrow is mine," he winked playfully. He turned his attention to his food then, smiling at the smell. "Jamie, you could never make anything terrible," he told his fiancée with a wink. He took a big bite, and nearly melted into his chair. "Mmm, tol' you," he replied cheekily, taking another big bite. He reached for his wine, taking a drink. He kept one of Jamie's hands in his own, and he rubbed his thumb over the back of the mans hand. "This is really nice, mon chiot, thank you," He smiled warmly at Jamie.

Jamie laughed lightly at both things he said. He was sure the food would be fine, but he had wanted it to be perfect for him. Wanted him to feel so special and the food to be perfect. He watched with a little with anticipation as Onyx took the first bite but there was no immediate reaction so he could feel pretty confident that it wsn't too bad. He took his own fork and began eating the food too, realising it really wasn't that bad. It was nice, good. He grinned and squeezed Onyx's hand and nodded. "Anything for you my love," he assured him. "Tell me about your day,"

Onyx blushed, giggling lightly at Jamie's comment. "Mm, well," Onyx considered his day, taking a bite of his food while he thought. "I found a college I like, the Conservatoire de Paris. I picked up an application this morning. I mean obviously it's in Paris, but I went through their program and I think I would like it." Onyx hesitated, lowering his eyes and playing a little with his food, nervous. "I, um... I'm not sure if I should, though," he spoke gently, staring intently at his food. "If... I did go with it, um... it would take eight years to finish all I wanted to do..."

He peeked at Jamie through his hair for a brief second, barely a flash before staring at his food again. "I just... really... want kids before then but.... I don't know, Ava is having babies and- Cadell has his baby, I... keep varying between fawning over every baby I see and... feeling terrible that it's one thing I can't give you..." Onyx sighed heavily, setting his fork down and running a hand through his hair, his thoughts spiraling again as he tried to debate it. "I mean, if we adopted in the next couple of years, it would just- it would be so selfish of me, wouldn't it? I need to take care of the house, and you, and of course I would need to be at home full time with the kids, how would I-" Onyx sighed, hanging his head and running his hands into his hair. "I don't know- it was a dumb idea, I don't know why I..." he sighed again, picking up his wine and sipping it.

Jamie gave a little noise of agreement as Onyx said he'd found a program he liked and had an application for. "Oh excellent baby," he said, but immediately noticed that Onyx's face wasn't holding the excitement he thought it would, so he listened carefully as the man continued. He didn't see what the problem really was and frowned a little at the end. "Baby.....what do you think I'll be doing in all that? Sitting around not helping?" he told him softly. He shook his head, "I promised you when you originally suggested that we'd make it work. I can make my quidditch hours sharper, not linger during away games, even retire or take a career break I will, I won't ever mind," Jamie told him. "If you want to do an eight year course, then we will figure out a way to do that, and make it work, it's not selfish at all," he assured him with a keen tone. "We're a team, we'll be and have a family, and together, we'll make it work, no matter what either of us want to do, both of our dreams are equally valid and important," Jamie really wanted to push that they were a team who could support each other in their work.

Onyx looked up, feeling a bit guilty as Jamie started going on. "Oh- no, mon chiot, Jamie, no, you don't have to cut your hours," He reached over for Jamie's hand, fretting. "Jamie, I don't want you to change your career, or lose out on your Quidditch, I know how much you love it," Onyx brushed his hair back, giving his love wide eyes. "I'm not going to make you lose out on the things you love for me, not for some silly school. I can find something online maybe, I can adjust. I don't want to make you lose anything." He insisted, playing with Jamie's fingers and staring at them intently.

Jamie nodded, "I know I wouldn't have to, but I'd want to," he assured him, sensing the man's fretting. He knew that Onyx certainly viewed Jamie as more important, his needs more important but Jamie wanted to press that they were. "I've achieved my dream, been doing it for years, so if in five years into your course I need to cut down on my hours or take a career break or retire to be able to contribute more to the home, to whatever kids we might have, I'll do it without question," Jamie told him trying to assure him. "I'm not losing anything, trust me baby." he told him. "Apply for the course in Paris and together we'll face the future whatever it'll bring," Jamie wouldn't back down on this, he thought it was be a great waste if Onyx didn't even get to try it.

Onyx wanted to argue, he really did. But peeking up at Jamie, Onyx could already tell it was a fight he wasn't going to win. He let out a long, slow breath, before smiling and standing up a bit. He leaned across the table, catching Jamie's jaw in his hand and kissing him sweetly for a few long moments before sitting back down. "Have I mentioned how good you are to me?" He sighed dreamily, giving Jamie a warm smile before taking another bite of his food.

"I'll put in that application then, for school." Onyx continued to eat, before looking back up quickly. "Oh, I almost forgot, I also got a call while I was out." Onyx scooted forward, smiling brightly. "You surprised me when I came in and it slipped my mind. But, Jamie, our bid was accepted! The land is ours, and we've already got three separate contractors already putting in bids to build the house." He smiled shyly. "Either we can start meeting with them at the end of this month, or the beginning of next."

Jamie watched Onyx for a moment, hoping that he would understand that he wasn't bending on it. The man was a little confused when he stood up, but it seemed it was a good thing. He returned the kiss and then smiled. "You deserve someone who is good to you," he assured him, it was what he was owed, relationships were supposed to be good. He would definitely pester him until he knew for sure it was done and sent off. He grinned excitedly at the news. "OH! That's amazing! Baby!" he exclaimed excitedly. They'd already talked about what they'd do, but now it would be made real. "I think we meet with them as soon as possible," he told him. There was a lot they would need to do to get things ready but it would be exciting.

Onyx giggled at Jamie's excitement, relieved that he wasn't the only one to be excited. He had been giddy himself when he got the call. "Alright, alright, I'll set something up in the morning then," he sipped his wine. "It'll be the twenty-sixth or the twenty-seventh then," he murmured, almost to himself, before shaking his head and offering out his hand to Jamie. He had almost eaten all of his food. "How did you find out about my birthday, anyway?" He asked. "I'm pretty sure I didn't tell you," he laughed, smiling gently. "This is a really nice surprise, mon chiot," he complimented again, smiling warmly at his love.

Jamie nodded, "Make it the twenty-seventh," he said, he knew they'd want to get it started quickly but it would give them more time. Give them time to figure things out, know if what they were doing was right, and to have a bit of time after the business of the next few days. "I asked Sapphire, who refused to tell me, and then I asked James, who did tell me," he told him. "I had to ask a lot, I just wanted to make sure you felt loved on your birthday," he told him as if it was the most obvious thing for him to want.

Onyx smiled, and made a mental note to set up the appointment tomorrow. He laughed lightly at Jamie's words, eating the last of his dinner. "Let me guess," he sipped his wine. "She told you that if you were supposed to know I would have told you," he teased, laughing lightly. She was certainly a piece of work. He couldn't help but smile warmly, reaching over and offering his hand to Jamie. "Well, it worked. I feel very loved," he purred a bit. "Dinner was really good, mon chiot." Onyx propped his chin in his hand. "What was next? Cake, or that present you mentioned?" He asked, curious now what it could possibly be.

Jamie gave a little nod, "Your sister can be a little impossible," he joked lightly, but it was fond, he knew and trust Sapphire, he knew she always meant well and was always looking out for his baby. So he was fond of her. he gave a little smile and then summoned a present. "So, it's sort of a half gift right now, because it'll be a full gift when we move to our house," he present Onyx with a box, clearly a box which contained a necklace. It was a simple thing really, a silver chain and a little charm shaped like a house, there was an engraving on the back, a tiny cat and a tiny dog. Jamie opened the box, "It's both a charm, and will be charmed. If ever you're away from the house and you want to come back, or you feel unsafe or maybe you're away and get hit with some loneliness, you'll say a phrase and it'll become a portkey to the house," Jamie told him, he hoped he would like it and like the gesture that came with it.

Onyx laughed lightly at the mans words. "She is! That's why I'm your favorite twin," he teased, winking playfully. He straightened a bit as the other man offered him a small box. Onyx opened it carefully as Jamie spoke. His breath caught, and he couldn't help but look up to Jamie with a wide smile. "Oh, mon chiot," Onyx practically purred, taking it out of the box. He started purring, melting in his seat a little as he saw the engraving on the back. He straightened, slipping it on and clipping it around his neck. His fingers traced the chain, resting on the house. "This is perfect, I love it," he murmured. Unable to resist, he stood and walked around the table, settling himself in Jamie's lap and nuzzling in against his neck. "I love you, Jamie," Onyx murmured, pressing a gentle kiss to the underside of Jamie's jaw.

Jamie had been nervous about the gift, he knew that Onyx was better at these things and he didn't want to ruin everything else by having given him a bad gift, but it seemed he did like it, he was pleased that he did. He moved in his seat to allow more space for Onyx to sit and just kissed his forehead, "I love you too," he told him, but he knew that his love was pretty plainly on the table for him to see. "Happy birthday baby,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back