Not open for further replies.

Xiochtle Lief Morta

OOC First Name
E to the A
Sexual Orientation
Boring Lass
Wand
People Repellling
Decorations here and there. Excited students that made the School more noisy. Everyone was busy. "Festive." the young raven said without the least interest on the Ball. For her it was kinda stupid- like Halloween. All she knew that these kinds of event calls for clothes and that many student will probably outshine each other trying to show off their outfits. Blah, blah, blah. But then again she found herself scouring to her closet.

Her hands were cold and sweaty while looking through her clothes. No, she was not excited. "You're just nervous, so chill." She had a couple of dresses, mostly black but something caught her eye. It was a gift from her only friend, old friend "It won't hurt to wear this, right?" It was a white dress with blue things on it. It was well...pretty. She felt reunited with her friend and at the same time lonely because of the past memories. "Great." she muttered to herself.

"I guess I'll just stuff myself with food and wallow till I freeze due to boredom." she said as she emerged in the hall. Pissed that everyone looked so happy.

Attending formal events like this is what Archie craved. Back at home he was always so jealous of the marvellous parties his parents were able to attend, unfortunately he wasn't old enough to go with them so he was always left at home. Imagining how splendid the parties and the company would be. As he got older, however, he was invited to more and more events that he enjoyed immensely. His father had bought him his first suit when he was ten years old and he absolutely treasured it. It was made in the exact same style as his father's. Every year for his birthday his father bought him a bespoke suit and it was the one he was wearing tonight. He felt very smart as he made his way to the great hall for the Yule Ball. The girls looked stunning in their ball gowns and the boys looked dapper in their suits. Archie thought that everyone ought to look like this all the time.

He stepped into the hall and marvelled at the incredible decorations, it felt so much like Christmas in here even though it was the opposite weather outside. It was very festive, Archie loved the atmosphere. Not wanting to dance on his own he made his way over to the refreshments table and grabbed a handful of crisps waiting for someone he knew to talk to. It would take a long time as Archie didn't actually know that many people here yet. He had met a few people but they hadn't developed into friendships yet. He was about to grab another handful when a girl approached the table and the bowl of crisps at the same time. "Oh, erm... pardon me. After you, of course" he said to the girl, taking his hand out of the bowl and almost half bowing to her while apologising.

OOCOut of Character:
Hope you don't mind me joining

Without further ado Xiochtle move towards the food knowing that it's the only thing that interests her tonight. As she was walking she realized that the dress was rather uncomfortable. She can't move freely and is forced to act like a proper lady which made her night even worse. "I knew I should've worn jeans." She was about to leave the party when she saw the array of food that was serve in front of her and that was enough to change her mind. She started putting a variety of food on her plate and then she saw a delicious looking crisps. She was about to grab some when she noticed another hand approaching the bowl. And it seems that this boy noticed her.

"Oh, erm... pardon me. After you, of course" the boy bowed deeply. Well this made her confused, is she supposed to bow too? Her inexperienced mind with people is giving her a hard time. But without much thinking she bowed too and said "Yeah, no problem. Dude." which she regretted instantly, making her want to beat herself up.

OOCOut of Character:
Not at all. :D

The girl didn't seem to know how to react to Archie. He cursed himself for being so formal again, many people found him hard to get along with, they found him weird. Nevertheless, she did bow in return. Usually girls would curtsy but he didn't voice that opinion in case he alienated her too. At least that was a change, he developed a filter at last and knew when not to say something. He had to learn that the hard way. He smiled slightly at her response. He cleared his throat Not at all" he replied. "The food is sufficient as always I see" he commented. His eyes flicking towards the girl to judge her response. He didn't know if she wanted to be bothered this evening. She didn't seem to be in a particularly friendly mood but Archie didn't mind. Most of his fellow students from Slytherin were hardly ever in a friendly mood and he had to navigate through them every day.

"Not at all" he replied. "The food is sufficient as always I see" Xio is debating whether she's going to ignore this kid or try and make a conversation. Well he did made a comment with the word 'food' on it so responding isn't that bad, right? Whatever. "Yeah, obviously." she later realized that her response may quite sound rude but didn't know how to reciprocate. To avoid awkwardness she hid herself in her dark brown curls again. Her emerald eyes locked on the floor assuming that this boy may leave anytime because shes boring as a cracker.

Archie was confused, this girl was sort of talking to him, but in short and clipped sentences. Maybe she did want him to leave her alone but Archie thought she looked rather lonely and he had nowhere better to go tonight. There was no one he was meeting at the ball so he could try and befriend this girl. "The cookies are a personal favourite of mine" he commented "Do you have any favourites?" he asked the girl, trying to engage her into a conversation. He hoped she'd say more than a couple of words this time. He took a bite of a cookie while waiting for her response.

Xiochtle is totally spacing out that she only heard him question "Do you have any favourites?" Great, now she's got to figure out the rest of his remark. Favorite? Did he mean hobbies? Favorite dance perhaps? then something clicked when she saw the food in front of her. Always a life savior.

"Everything's good and delicious. But you should try one of these cupcakes." trying to be friendly, she got some cupcakes to hand it to the boy. But then again there is no way she can survive any party without being clumsy. "Here you g-" She tripped on her stupid shoes and saw that the floor was fast approaching. Well I just hope I don't make a loud 'thud' she thought, decided to accept her embarrassing fate.

The girl seemed very distracted... or forgetful. One of the two anyway. At least she was replying to his question finally. He was worried it would have been a one sided conversation with only him speaking but maybe not. Surprisingly, the girl picked up the plate of cupcakes ready to hand to Archie. He was rather taken aback at her friendliness. "Oh, erm... thank-" he couldn't finish because the girl seemed to have tripped and was falling down to the floor. In the split second Archie had to decide whether to save the girl or the cupcakes. He held his arms out ready to catch the girl before she fell to the floor. Meanwhile, the plate of cupcakes fell to the ground with a clatter. "Are you okay?" he asked her, standing her up again in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back