Tiptoe though the Tentacula

Zazuka Getathorn

OOC First Name
Ana V [main]
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Zazuka was taking care of her plants in her little section of the gardens. She would ask one of the teachers of she could restart WPC but then she wondered when she would have the time to do so. She smiled as her Tentacula stroked her cheek. She wondered if Andy would come as she had requested her too. It had been a long time since they had just sat down and talked especially since Epiphany had come into the picture. Apperntly Eppy had been beaten into silence already but her energy had not been.

Zazuka smiled to herself when she thought about her little sister. She wondered what her little one was doing at this moment. She let her mind wonder before the bouncing bulbs slapped her hand. Zazuka laughed to herself and started tending to her plants again.

Walking slowly down through the gardens Andy let the sunshine wash over her, her mind was like an empty palette today. She wanted to think of nothing at all, even her studies were falling by the way side and she knew that come the time for her OWLs she would end up cramming drastically the week if not the night before. Clad in her dark denim skinny jeans, her white tennis shoes, white Gryffindor ti-shirt and a loose grey cardigan Andy made her way towards Zuka. Her hair was pulled back from her face, paler than usual and if possible skinnier than usual.

The dark circles under her eyes told their own story and Andy knew as she got closer to Zuka, it wouldn't matter how awful she looked her best friend would simply know how she was feeling anyhow. It was annoying at times but Andy couldn't hold what Zuka was against her, it was just simply unnerving to have her inner most feelings shared by someone else without having to express them in words. She knew this was the main reason why she had been avoiding Zuka so far this year. Of course she'd see her in class but that was different, they couldn't speak about what the seer picked up on.

"Hey you" she watched Zuka potter about among the plants and smiled, though Andy herself felt no inclination to do likewise today.

Zazuka smiled wide from under the wide brim of her huge sunhat. It didn't have graps on it anymore but it was still the kind of thing that only odd Zazuka could pull off. "Hey back. Haven't talked to your really since our epesode with dear Eppy. Have you heard from them?" She asked kindly as she patted the ground beside her. There was no reason for the plants to have objection towards Andy being there. In fact she could sware she could hear her Tentecula purr but that could have just been because of the natural sunshine.

Zazuka pulld on a weed that was creeping up on the Belladonna then held the flower like thing. She looked at Andy with the same spacy knowing look that she had worn for the last five years. She could tell that something was up with Andy but she could not really tell what yet. She caught a flash of green though. This made her smile on the inside as well. It seemed like Andy's attractiveness had not been negated by the fact that she was no longer compleatly human. Zazuka had wondered often why as she was sure Andy had wondered the same about her when they had first met why Andy could not see her own greatness.

Andy pulled the sleeves of her jumper down over her hands, pushing some hair back that escaped its confines. She smiled as the tentacula reacted to her, the plants weren't anything like magical creatures or ordinary animals plants were cool, they were great in fact and Andy had her own set of green fingers like Zuka. She reached out and stroked a few leaves on the strange looking plant before turning around to look out across the garden.

"They like it if you sing to them" she muttered, "Hmmm, yeah I got a letter. I was bringing it to you the other day actually but you were sort of busy. They're getting on great, a real house on fire. Apparantly they had a few mishaps but one is as bad as the other apparantly. Your sister is fascinated with how Essie can transform into an owl and insists she does it at least every other day."

Removing the letter from her jeans pocket she passed it to Z.
"So how have you been? feels like forever since we had a good natter. You know Brian and myself are actually talking again" she hoped this would cheer Zuka up some but knowing her she already knew this anyhow.

Zazuka took the letter happily and read though it smiling wide. "Aw that's so cute. It looks like she loves the butterfly doll that I made for her. Though it looks like I will have to make a new one because according to this she's making Ms. Butterbee her comfort object." She said. She put the letter in her own pocket then beamed as she watched Menamie interact with Andy.

"Ah the cool logic of a kind plant. Yes it does seem like forever since we have really gotten together. I know, unfortunately how I know is not the way I would like to know. The basin told me. The clouds told me about Kat's problem but they also told me that she is getting better now." She said with a sigh. She looked up at the sky. The clouds also told her of something else. Something that she didn't know how to tell anyone.

"The basin told you?" Andy couldn't help but laugh as she reached out to pick up a spider and let it crawl across her hands, "Zuka I so hope you're going to explain that before the guys from the funny farm show up."

She had always known her friend was a little vague in her replies and often floated off on a few different tangents as if seeing things that the ordinary people couldn't see, now seemed one of them. Not particularly wanting to hear about Kat, Andy watched the spide closely as it cautiously moved about on her moving hands, she lapped them so the spider could have a steady walk and then she turned and holding out the spider to the plant she let the tentacula snap at the spider before gently stroking it once more being careful not to touch its spikes.

Turning back to Zuka she watched her for a moment.
"How are you and Brian doing then?" if she were honest they just didn't seem as close as they once did.

Zazuka smiled dreamyly. "The basin I was mixing camaille and lavender oil for a friend that was having trouble sleeping. While I was mixing an image came up on the basin which I figured was you and Brian making up. Though I must say that the creature that walked away from the insedent may not have fond memories of you two." She said her voice driffing off. She wasn't taking sides really. Zazuka was just musing. Zazuka watched as Andy feed Menamie. "She will love you forever now. One of her favoret things is to be feed." She said tending to her brother and sister behind her.

Zazuka knew that she often confused her friends with the way she talked but it was getting normal for her. She worked on getting some of the bugs way from the bottom of the plants though the tentecula where good at keeping themselves clean. She could also tell that there where many things on Andy's mind other than what she was talking about. "Brian and I have not talked to eachother since we got back to school. It saddens me of coures epseally since I'm keeping something from him." She said bitting her lip. She sighed thinking of what she had seen in the cards. All Zazuka could do was sigh because she found out that it took a lot to make Zazuka cry.

Andromeda turned to look at her friend.
"Oh you must mean that centaur, thought he was going to kill me but Brian managed to stop him. Good thing he showed up" it bothered her when Zuka told her about Brian and herself not talking, "I guess I always thought the two of you were a tight unit. Zuka? What are you keeping from him? What's going on?"

Andy hadn't shown much in the way of concern lately for her friends but with Zuka it was always different, she couldn't explain why. Perhaps it was the emotional connection they had or something, she didn't know but right now, she was worried for her.

Zazuka looked down. "I can feel what he's thinking I feel that I'm losing him. I love Brian deeply so much so that I would never want to hurt him." She said closing her eyes as if to take in the air around them. The whispers started again of many diffrent things trying to tell her their stories all at the same time. Any other moment she would have taken the time to listen but now she could only pay attention to her own thoughts. "Brian wants a life of exsitement one that I want to avoid really. The world wispers to me in a language only I can understand how can I force that upon someone that is from a world unlike this." She said her voice getting dreamyer. "I know what happened to his owl Athina but I care to deeply about Brian to tell him what I saw." She said finally getting to the point of what she wanted to say.

Andromeda didn't know what to say. She had been so busy wallowing in her own crazy life, allowing herself to fall into some sort of depression as a result of Bruin and what had happened at the Silver Snake, getting all ticked off with Kiera and Kat and not being there for Zuka who seemed to need her. A part of Andy just wanted to groan, tired of feeling as if everyone around her was a leech feeding off of her. She shook the thought, that wasn't what Zuka was.

"I don't know what to say to you Z, I think you and Brian need to talk and soon. Maybe he doesn't want all this excitement you're talking about then again you know him better than I do" she bit her lip and sighed, "just talk to him".

Zazuka sighed. "Could be wrong. There is always the possablitly that I could be wrong. Then again it has been a very long time since the last time I've been so." She said sadly. She looked up at Andy as if to say that she knew some of what she was going though. "Anyway that's my tragic love story now it's time for you to tell me your story why haven't talked to me before this?" She asked. She thought that with her sister living with Andy's godmother that Andy and Zazuka would regain some of the closeness that they had thier first and second year. She hoped but her hopes where unansewered until now.

Zazuka could also feel that Andy was falling apart. Just and Andy didn't know what to say to her about what she was going though with Brian Zazuka hadn't a clue how to help Andy with what she was going though herself. It was as if Andy wanted to play fate's game and present her with the biggest puzzle of them all and Zazuka didn't have all the pieces that Andy created herself. But she wanted to help her best friend like she always did.

Andy turned and smiled at her.
"yeah you don't tend to be wrong about much do you?" she hoped for her friends sake that whatever was going on between her and Brian wasn't going to end up like a tragic love story at all, there were enough of those about the place.

" Just ticked off with a few people is all. Studying, sorting out quidditch and stuff" none of it was a lie, she had merely omitted a lot.

Zazuka looked at Andy straight on as if she where waiting for more the shook her head. "No not anymore though there are times where I wish I were." She said with a sigh. She wished more than anything that she could control her so called gift already so she didn't have to deal with her own things as well as the issues of the univerce. "Your not telling me everything and while I do value a certen level of privecy I do want to know what really go you so rilled up in the Great Hall." She said closing her eyes again so she feel more than she talked. This was also a mesure so she could block out everything that Zazuka thought she didn't need to know.

Andy shook her head.
"You saw that?" she wondered who else had, it wasn't the first time her thoughts went to Crispin and she felt such a strong urge to go and find him, tell him she was sorry and would love nothing more than to go to the Yule Ball with him but it was too late and once again as in so much of her teenage life, Andy had mucked up big time.

"Kat slapped me, what's a girl to do? I let them know that I didn't like how they treated their boyfriends and they're all up in arms about my choice of words. I 'm not going to stand there and let anyone hit me Zuka... you know that better than anyone. I've gotten hit with enough crap, her slap shocked me more than it hurt but no body and I mean nobody is getting the chance to hurt me again".

Zazuka sighed. "I saw as did half the school. A far few will be on your side because it was Kat who landed the first blow. As for the whisperes I have been hearing not only from people in the school. Who is the one in green?" She asked kindly. Slowly Zazuka opened her eyes to look right at Andy. She knew that there was a connection froming between her and the one called Crispin who she met the other day but she could quite figure out what.

Zazuka also left no chance for Andy to play dumb about it. "You're leaving no one a chance to hurt you or are you tring to make it so you can hurt no one again?" She asked a bit crypticly this time. Her words where kind so as not to upset Andy but also Zazuka was conserned for her. Maybe the only one that really wanted to understand what Andy was going though instead of flying off the handle at her like most did.

On being told that half the school had seen what had transpired between the three Gryffindors Andromeda groaned, there was only one person who she really hadn't wanted to see that kind of thing from her but it was probably futile to hope he hadn't witnessed it. Zuka asked her about someone in Green and she could only laugh. There was no way she was giving up anything about Crispin not for a heart beat so instead she scuffed her foot and glanced at Z.

"Well if you mean Ashton that's the 7th year I kissed on the team benches a few weeks back. He's an ok kisser, could do with more quality and less enthuasiasm if you know what I mean" she couldn't help chuckling herself "or if you mean Blake, then good grief. The lips on that guy, wouldn't mind have seconds of those".

By keeping her feelings out of the equation she knew she couldn't get hurt in any way and Zuka's next comment sent her reeling.
"I wish you'd stop doing that" it was unnerving sometimes when she didn't have to say anything and yet her friend knew exactly what she was about, "is it so wrong Z? not to want to hurt people though I end up doing it anyway? Of not wanting to get hurt but still managing that as well?"

Zazuka started to laugh into her right hand. "Stubborn, stubborn as always." Zazuka said crypticly. "Alright we will stick to the gossip of the flowers if that's what you wish." She said after she calmed down a little bit. "I don't doubt that Blake would have some skill kissing though I wouldn't know. I am of course taken." She said with a bright grin on her face. Her eyes brimmed with stars again though it was daylight. Zazuka would again, oh yes she would ask again but she would leave things be for now.

Zazuka had other matters on her mind anyway. "Nothing is really wronge Andy but you see the conundrom even now. If you try too hard to spare others you may end up hurting them, if you try to shild yourself from what may come you end up being hurt worse when it pirces the armor or worse when it pass you by and and you notice until it's too late." She said with a sigh. Zazuka reached behind the leaf of the only male Tentacula in the bunch and pulled out a neatly wrapped gift. "Happy late birthday." She said handing her the package which held sevral muggle books called the House of Night and a hand sown light red blouse of the finest slik she could afford.

[arrghh!! so sorry Ana]

Andromeda listened to her friend and could not help but smile, she walked over to her and put her arms about her kissing the back of Zuka's head affectionately before moving to stand alongside her.
"Can we simply change the subject to less taxing matters than the life of Andromeda Fiorelli, please?" she nudged her gently when Zuka reached over behind one of the plants and took out a parcel. Andromeda gasped and heaved a sigh as she took it. A lump caught in her throat as she fought for composure.

"I didn't get a chance to get you anything, I will though. I didn't forget, I've just been too busy being a jerk. Sorry Z" she leaned her head until it was gently touching the side of Zuka's head and looked at the gift in her hands, "thank you".
Her voice was hushed as she straightened up and began unwrapping the package.
"Wow, thank you. I don't have these, I've heard about them but certainly don't have them. Thanks Zuka" she held up the red blouse and marvelled at it, the tiny intricate stitching and the fine fragility of the fabric, "I love it Z, I really love it".

She hugged her friend once more before putting the items neatly back into the wrapping.

Zazuka beamed sunshine when Andy showed her the affection she showed her. Zazuka was not a cold girl but she wasn't a overly warm girl either. "Alright, the flowers gossip enough anyway." She said laughing as she held on slightly to her best friend's arm before she let go so Andy could see her gift. Again Zazuka matched the weather at the moment at Andy's reaction. "Well I thought that the books would do well and red is really your color so I thought why not." She said modestly. Zazuka was not going to into how much she spent on the fabric because no one needed to know.

Zazuka looked up at the sky. A small cloud puffed though mass of blue. Zazuka's smiled wavered for just a moment then returned to it's usual state. "You don't have to. Just knowing that you remembered is enough for me. And anyway I have to start thinking about what I'm going to make for Epiphany. She's been seen holding up her hand and saying 'I'm going to be this many' makes me think that it's close by." She said laughing. She didn't want to seem like a doting sister or something like that but Zazuka could not help but think of her little sister. That and it helped keep her mind off of other things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back