Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Curved 12 Inch Flexible Alder Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Ana Sofia hadn't entirely been sure what to expect of her sixth year at the school. She was glad OWLs were over and done with but she'd be lying if she said she had done well, hoping this year would offer her a chance to catch her breath before having to deal with NEWTs next year. Part of her wished they could just skip the exams, have students show their knowledge in a different way, but she knew that wasn't going to happen. She was also sure that between leading a club and being named prefect there wouldn't be much time to catch her breath in general. Ana had been excited when Nicole had come to her about leading Heta Omega. She wasn't entirely sure what the older girl had seen in her but it had to have been something positive or she wouldn't have asked. Leading a club felt like it might be a challenge, yet one that she had happily accepted. Mostly because she knew that outside of class there wasn't much else that required her focus so she was certain she could manage. That was before she had found her prefect badge in the mail though. Now she suddenly had a whole bunch of additional responsibilities that she hadn't accounted for. Ana felt honored that professor Carter seemed to have so much faith in her that he would name her prefect, yet she couldn't help but to wonder why. She tried her best but she wasn't a good student, didn't get high grades like Rose and Essie did. How could she set a good example if she wouldn't even be able to help out younger students when it came to their studies? Feeling slightly overwhelmed by going from zero responsibilities whatsoever to having to take care of both a club and prefect duties Ana had made her way to the lakefront for a breath of fresh air. She stuffed her hands into the pockets of her fuzzy jacket to keep them warm as she absentmindedly stared at the water in an attempt to clear her head.

Sawyer knew he wasn't the only person who liked to come out to the lake to think, sometimes he was almost certain the school had been designed with the lake there for exactly that reason, but it still caught him off guard to see someone he knew whenever he'd slipped out for a little proper brooding time.

"Ah, I think I know that look," he said mildly, joining Ana in staring distantly out at the lake, watching the wind make small waves across its surface. "I hear I'm not the only one sporting a shiny new badge this year, aye?" He said, glancing sideways at Ana Sofia with a little smile. It was a bit weird that so many of their classmates were newly prefect this year, Sawyer almost wondered if their professors felt their year needed a little extra looking after or something. "Either that or there's a fish in there that owes you money, I guess," he added after a beat, shrugging as he returned his attention back out to the water.

Ana Sofia had been peacefully staring at the lake when a voice caused her to shift her attention away from it for a second. It was a voice she knew, which was a small relieve, and she shot Sawyer a small smile before turning back to glance at the water. "Oh no, you've got me all wrong. I'm actually just waiting on the eel to pop up and tell me all of its secrets. We made a deal and everything." She responded with a soft giggle, only having heard vague stories about the creature ever since the students first caught a glimpse of it. "So are you happy with your badge then? Or did you come out here to ponder just like I did?" Ana asked while glancing at him for a second, wondering how Sawyer felt about handling the pressure that came with being a quidditch captain.

Sawyer hummed in appreciation at Ana's response, biting back the smile as he settled next to her. "Ah, of course, should have known you'd have the inside line with the eel," he said sagely, finally cracking a smile when Ana laughed. She had a nice laugh, he thought vaguely. "Well, I was pondering throwing mine in the lake but I don't think that stops me from having to run morning practices. It's some old school by-law or something," he said wearily. "Pretty sure you tossing yours gets you out of late night patrols though. Or so I hear," he added with a shrug.

"Merlin it's weird though isn't it?" He said after a pause, looking away from the calm water and at Ana Sofia properly for a moment. "Like, they give these sorta things to the older kids who get good grades and thank the professors and stuff," he said, waving a hand vaguely before ruffling it through his hair. "Though you do kinda seem like the type to say thank you all the time," he added slyly, nudging Ana gently.

Mentioning the eel made Ana Sofia realize she had never even caught a glimpse of the creature and she couldn't help but to squint slightly as she looked out across the water, wondering what life would be like at the bottom of the lake. Or at least that's where she figured the eel would reside. Somewhere in a deep, dark cranny. "That wouldn't work anyways, I'd just have my friend the eel dive it up if you tossed it out." She responded jokingly although she could very well understand where Sawyer was coming from. "If only it would." She added with a small sigh. Being named prefect wasn't exactly a bad thing but Ana did have a hard time seeing herself go on patrols and having to be stern if she happened to find anyone out after curfew. She was grateful for the trust professor Carter seemed to have in her but doubted if she could live up to the responsibility.

"Like there's anything wrong with that." She said softly when Sawyer described kids who in his eyes were normally given prefect badges. "It is, though. Weird." She said, smile faltering a little. "I mean I always thought it was sort of like a reward for working hard, but my grades are terrible. I just don't really understand why I was picked. I mean can you imagine me having to tell someone off? Take away house points? I'm not sure I'm even capable of doing that. "

Sawyer hummed in acknowledgement, huffing out an amused breath at Ana's joke, joining in her in staring pensively out at the water for a moment. There was a reason he liked coming out here, the water was always more comforting to him than the bustle of the castle. Sure there were probably quiet places to hide in there, but it always felt cold and unwelcoming in his mind.

"Sure, sure nothing wrong with that..." He said slowly. "Go on then, any first years ask you dumb questions? I won't tell," he said after a beat, nudging Ana Sofia gently. If they were going to be in positions of power at the school, he figured they could abuse it just a little. "I get that," he said, sobering a bit as Ana expressed her concerns. "I'm fairly sure Juniper only picked me as captain cause I was her friend. Friend she hit with bludgers a lot, but still. Not exactly the inspiring leader type..." He said with a sigh. The mental image of Ana handing out punishments was probably as funny as the thought of him making grand pre-game speeches and game plans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back