Times Square?

Valerie Rundusk

OOC First Name
James
Wand
Eucalyptus Wand 13 1/2 Essence of Mermaid Scale
Valerie walked out of the small store she had browsed in. She had decided to apparate to New York, as her home was here, and she just loved it there. She had some-what tired herself out in apparating there, because she wasn't the best at it. At the store, she hadn't found much she liked, and couldn't afford what she did like. She had money, she just did not want to spend it. She dug through her messy purse and grabbed some spearmint gum and began chewing on it. She was careful not to chew too loudly, as it would, a) Draw attention to herself, and b) it was rude and her mother had taught her well. She saw a Man dressed as Santa ringing a bell, and he had a small bucket next to him for charity money. She went through her purse to get any change she had and dropped it in. She gave the man a small smile as he told her thank you. Valerie used to be very shy, and had a very bad stutter. Since graduating her stutter had gone away, and she was learning to open up. She used to look away and fiddle her knuckles, and now she actually made eye contact, and her knuckles barely ever touched. As she made her way into Times Square, she bought a Bacon-Cheeseburger and sat at an open table. She took her water and drank it. Suddenly, she noticed a face. What is she doing here? Valerie began to think. Valerie got up and ran to her, poking her shoulder. The girl turned, and Valerie said, "Johanna? What are you doing in New York?"

Johanna was sitting down and dozing on her couch.It was nine pm here in Nw Zealand.She was planning on going to New York but she had to leave late to get there for the morning and enjoy the day.She got up off th couch and put on her jacket and scarf she then walked into her sitting room with her phone and purse in either hand.She then pictured where she wanted to go,a quite place.When she opened her eyes she smiled when she hard the familiar sounds of New York.She had always wanted to come back her since she had lived here for three months.She was in a narrow alley way and when she walked out to the main road.She fe.t the cool sun on her face.It wasn't to bad for the weather but Johanna was glad for her jacket and scarf.She then walked towards Times Square,a place she had often gone to.When she arrived she smiled at the bustle of the city.It was ten o clock in the morning here,she would probably not get any sleep but she didn't mind.She saw the cafe she had always gone to.She ordered a coffee and she then found a table outside and sat down.She was enjoying her coffee when she heard a familiar voice say her name.She turned around and smiled "Oh Hey Valerie"She said,she must of looked different she had ct her hair completely short.It was a pixie haircut and she liked it. "Just hanging around"She said,wondering why Valerie was here,Johanna hadn't seen her in ages and she wondered how she had been.

Wow..My first friend is actually here! Jeez, this is cool! Valerie thought. She began to get a little nervous, and looking around, but she took a couple deep breaths, and calmed. Valerie knew Johanna wouldn't notice, as it was cold and Johanna would most likely assume it was because of the cold. "Hey! Ahh. I see." Valerie began. "If its okay, I'm going to sit with you." Valerie told Johanna, saying as more a statement than question. She ran to her old table, took her Bacon-Cheeseburger, and Water, and and then sat across from Johanna. "So, what have you been up to. For me, I'm going to apply to be a healer," Valerie paused as it began to flurry with snow. Valerie looked up and smiled. She continued. "But, for now, I'm just going to relax in my New York place." Valerie concluded with a small smile. Valerie took out her Hat and put it on. "I love this time of year, when it snows it really feels like Christmas!" Valerie exclaimed. Valerie was sure Johanna would notice a difference in her confidence, and happiness. Valerie's life was perking up. "Also, I have an animagus, Sea Otter, I love it, what about you?" Valerie smiled at Johanna, and took a sip from her water. She looked up again smiled at the sky.

Valerie had been one of Johanna's first friends,since Johanna had been closed off and unsociable in school she hadn't made much friends.All that had changed once she had left.She had learned that life was quite lonely when you were by yourself so she had started making friends.She now at least had a couple of friends who lived in New Zealand and she the odd one or two living else where in the world.Johanna saw Valerie look around and Johanna remembered how nercous she had once been but after they had talked for a while she had seemed to loosen up.she certainly looked much better now and Johanna was glad for her.Johanna nodded "No problem"She said moving some of her stuff so there was space on the table.Johanna suddenly felt hungry when she saw the bacon-cheese burger.She took up the menu and decided on the bacon and cheese burger.It sounded and looked very tasty,for Johanna it was nearly eleven o colck at night so she hadn't eaten anything in a few hours.Sh called over a waitress and ordered.When she was finished she focused back on the conversation. "Cool,I'm a ministry official,for the improper use of magic"She said smiling taking a sip of coffee.Most people wouldn't think she was a ministry official sh looked much too young especially for the department she was in but sh loved her new job.It suited her perfectly and her english was improving day by day.Johanna looked up when she saw snow fall on the table.She smiled "I'm livng in New Zealand at the moment"She said watching the snow.She wrapped her jacket around her.She grinned at Valerie's hat,it was lovely and Johanna already wanted it "Where did you get the hat"She asked grinning. Johanna nodded agreeing with her.Johanna had been very surprised with her animagus,she really hadn't been expecting it but once she had learned the meaning."Mine is a cougar"She said smiling,she liked hers.It made her feel stronger somehow. "So any news?"She asked

Valerie was very glad that Johanna was here; it made her happy. They had been pretty good friends, and now that Valerie wasn't really shy anymore, it was good. She took some chapstick from her purse and put it on, as the snow might get worse, and this chapstick protected her lips. She smiled as Johanna ordered. "Its really good. That cool, I wanted to be a healer ever since my mother became one, i thought it was so cool. Healing people and stuff." She smiled at Johanna and took a bite of her burger. She set it down and took some water. "Oh really? One of my friends came from New Zealand, and she went to HOgwarts before going to Beauxbatons. She said it was lovely." Valerie smiled at her. "Oh thanks! I just got it today, nice right? I got it right over there," Valerie pointed to a small shop across the street. "Here let me get you one." Valerie ran to a bathroom apparated into the store, bought the hat and apparated back to Johanna. "Here you go." She handed it over. She hoped Johanna liked it. It was sometimes weird using Muggle Money. But her mother taught her their cultures, and ways. "Wow feisty!" Valerie exclaimed to Johanna. "Well, I kinda want a boyfriend, I get lonely sometimes, you know?" Valerie smiled.
OOCOut of Character:
so so so sorry for late post. Computer and internet has been really sucking. :(

Johanna smiled,Valerie didn't seem shy anymore and Johanna was glad of that.She was a really lovely girl and Johanna liked her as a friend.The snow was starting to fall around the and Johanna watched young kids playing out in the snow.It was beautiful really but Johanna was glad the had the big umbrella over them so she wasn't getting covered in snow.Johanna could feel her stomach rumbling and she couldn't wait to eat it.She was a bit tired,she hadn't gotten much sleep lately especially with all the paperwork involved in her job.She didn't mind it though,she liked her new job and the people she was meeting.Johanna smiled "That's nice,I don't think I would be a good healer"Johanna said taking a sip of her coffee.Johanna doesn't like hospitals because there is usually a feeling of sickness and sadness surrounding it.Johanna finds it horrible and hates visiting the hospitals.But the childrens ward is one exception.She visits the kids there two or three times a week.She just loved making them happy,it makes tou feel like a million dollars when you make a sick child smile and laugh.Johanna had only found out about the school there while working in the ministry before that she had no idea it even existed.Johanna followed Valerie's gaze,it looked like a cute shop and Johanna decided she would buy one later."What,hey..no"Johanna said before Valerie was gone.Johanna sighed and fumbled for the money in her purse.When Valerie returned Johanna took the hat and she immediately loved it. "Wow,thank you so much"Johanna said putting the hat on. "How much was it?"She asked taking out her purse.Johanna laughed,she had been surprised too.Johanna smiled sympathetically. "I know what you mean"She said before her burger arrived.Johanna looked at it and she knew she was going to love it "Thanks"She said to the waiter.Johanna did have her eye one someone,though she had only recently met him.But she liked his personality and he was good looking.Johanna would wait and see how things would pan out

Valerie looked out at the falling snow, and giggled a bit. She really loved winter time, it was actually the warmest season. The happiness and love warms peoples hearts. Valerie knew she would become a healer, there was no doubt in her mind. "Yeah, I can understand how it doesn't suit some people. You either love or you hate it." Valerie smiled. She took a bite of her burger, and finshed it up, only munching on some fries now. She thought it was very good, and she thought service was pretty good, for a crowded restaurant. Just before Valerie had left she heard Johanna say no but she had made up her mind; Johanna was an awesome friend, and this was a gift. She grinned when Johanna eyes went wide with enjoyment. "My pleasure." Valerie said simply before sitting down again. "Hey, hey no, no, it had no price according to you. It was a friendly gift." Valerie told her, pushing her purse down. She frowned when the waiter came, realizing she should have waited for Johanna to eat. "Sorry for not waitinf, but its very good otherwise." Valerie smiled to Johanna.

Johanna would be turning twenty-one soon.They were now in the month of January and Johanna's was next month.She probably wouldn't celebrate it.Maybe she would just buy herself a small cake and sing happy birthday to herself.In some countries your twenty-first was a huge celebration but Johanna wasn't into that sort of thing.It would be weird having her birthday when the weather would be autumn like.It wouldn't seem like it.She might go over to France and celebrate it with her mother and her mam's new boyfriend.Johanna hadn't met him yet,apparently he was another teacher in the school.He had sent her a letter,just giving her the basics of himself.he was divorced had three kids,one of which was her age while the other two were younger.He was a few years older then mam but Johanna didn't mind as long as he didn't hurt her mom,because if he did he would face the wrath of Johanna's magic.

Johanna nodded, a healer just wouldn't suit her,she preferred correcting the wrong in the world.Johanna liked it,it was fun being like the magic version of a policeman.The hat was nice and warm and it kept her cold ears nice and warm.Johanna bit her lip,she was touched but she felt bad for not paying up "Are you sure?"Johanna asked,her purse still in her hand."Oh,don't worry"Johanna said putting her purse back in her bag.She then began to eat her burger she had to admit it was very nice "Very nice"She said nodding her head in approval

Users who are viewing this thread

Back