Timeless Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel Fletcher

Wand
Curly 16 Inch Unyielding Hornbeam Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Gabriel wasn't generally inclined to nervousness, but today he could hardly help the clamminess of his palms, for he was leading Lydia Archer into the Yule Ball. The hall was spectacular - whoever had been put in charge of decorations certainly had an eye for detail. But as Gabriel looked at the artificial sky, and snow, and at the chandelier, glinting like ice, he could only think that none of it even came close to Lydia's beauty. He smiled, offering her his arm as they moved to the dance floor, which, though rather resembled ice, was fortunately not slippery. Over the music and the chatter of the other dancers, Gabriel leant in to murmur, "May I say that you're looking extraordinarily beautiful, tonight?"

Lydia smiled as the spotted Gabe and took his hand as she was lead inside the great hall, and she couldn't help but as always stare up at the magical ceiling of the great hall, it was a truly spectacular sight to behold. She leaned slightly into his touch and just blushed deeply at his comment, brushing a few strands of her hair from her face and then just smiling her thanks, "Thanks Gabe," she replied with a small smile, "You look simply dashing," Lydia complimented easily, "Can we dance?" Lydia asked as she looked towards the other people who were already dancing, she was sure that she might see Felix at this, but all her attention was on Gabe, he was a good distraction from all the things going on in her head. Everything was fine, however she was happy for the easy distraction that he gave her, "I'm not very good, but it could be fun," she attempted to entice him more, a real hopefulness that he'd want to dance with her.

Gabriel blushed lightly; he was not fond of his facial structure, nor hair, and so he was touched by Lydia's compliment. When she felt the need to ask him for a dance, he broke into a grin. "You couldn't stop me," he told her, taking her tenderly at the waist as they reached the centre of the floor. "It's not too hard; follow my lead," he said. Gabriel wasn't the most accomplished dancer, either, but fortunately the song was slow and the rhythm easy. He stepped in time for a moment, before asking, "Lydia... would you say we were dating?" He gave her an apprehensive look, as if this question had been plaguing him for some time.

Lydia couldn't help but smile slightly as Gabe seemed to shy away just slightly from the compliment, it was just in her nature to do so, she liked him a lot, perhaps not as much as she'd like Felix by the time they had gone to the yuleball together, but she was here with Gabe and being with Gabe was fun. The teen was very glad when he pulled her by the waist so that they could dance, and she did indeed follow his lead, which was an easy thing to do, and with him dancing was easy. The teen liked being able to dance, it was a good way to just spend the evening, her mind entirely focused on the boy in front of her. At the question Lydia was a little puzzled, she definitely thought they were dating, but perhaps she had the wrong idea, "I'd say we were, wouldn't you?" she was a little nervous about the response, and was just glancing up at him, letting her gaze sit on his as she spoke, "I'd like to," the teen wanted to date, dating would be quite fun, a good way to just have fun, everything was fine in Lydia's life but she knew this could help make things even better. The teen continued to sway with him, moving to the rhythm of the music as she spoke.

Gabriel smiled, overcome with relief to hear Lydia's stance on their relationship. Since he'd confirmed that Saveli would never be capable of seeing him as more than a friend, he was now fully prepared to commit himself to the girl before him. Perhaps she would never be Saveli, but she was sweet, and beautiful, and Gabriel knew that he could be happy spending a little more time in her company. "Yes!" he assured her quickly, sensing nervousness. "I just wanted to make sure, that's all. I'm glad you'd like to." He continued to lead her, the song reaching its end and a new one beginning. Somewhere across the room, Saveli was dancing, but Gabriel's gaze did not once venture her way. He moved with Lydia in time to the music, remaining quiet for quite some time, until finally he said with a grin: "If you're my girlfriend, then... may I kiss you?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back