OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Straight, firm nine inch Oak wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Since meeting Gabrielle, Amelie was having a better time at school. Sure, she hadn't made the team. And sure, she really only had Gaby and her pen pal Jordan, but that was alright. Amelie hummed as she set up the table. She had asked her mother to send her a box of sweets, so there were plenty of snacks, and plenty of poster paper and pens. Amelie had pretty handwriting, she had worked hard to make her handwriting very pretty. She sat in her chair, fussing a little bit with her appearance. She wanted to look cute for when Gaby arrived. A light blush covered her cheeks. She really needed to talk to Jamie over break.

Last edited:
Gabrielle had been enjoying being part of the team so far but she also hadn't forgotten the sort of promise she had made to one of the younger girls that didn't make the team about seeing if they could get some sort of friendly match going. It would be mostly for kids like Amelie who liked playing quidditch but didn't get to play on their school's team and she was more than willing to help the girl set it all up. "Hi!" Gaby greeted Amelie when she reached the table the girl had set up, smiling at everything she had brought for them to create posters so they could see if others would be interested in doing some sort of friendly. She wasn't even sure if she'd play herself once they'd have actually gotten permission and everything, probably leave that to the kids who didn't make the team but still she was more than happy to help with the more practical stuff that needed to be done.

Amelie's eyes lit up as she spotted her friend. "Hi, Gabrielle," She greeted, smiling shyly and tucking a lock of hair behind her ear. "Thank you again for helping me with this," She motioned to the other seat. "I had mother send me a lot of sweets, feel free to take however many you'd like," She offered, straightening the posters a little. "I already wrote out all the information on the posters, now they just need decorated," she told Gabi, smiling. Each poster was filled out with an elaborate, elegant caligraphy style writing that Amelie thought was rather pretty. She'd been up most of the night working on the two dozen posters. She hoped Gabi liked them.

Gaby nodded when Amelie thanked her for helping out with the posters. "Sure, happy to help." She responded as she took a seat at the table, looking at the posters that were laid out over the table, already having the most important information written on them. "Nice work, they look great already." Gaby smiled at Amelie, noticing she seemed to have put quite some effort into making the writing on the posters look nice so that people might be attracted to reading what was on them. "Did you have something in mind for how to decorate them?" She asked as she took one of the sweets and popped it into her mouth, eyes scanning everything else on the table that they could use to decorate them.

Amelie blushed, smiling at the compliment. "Thank you," She murmured softly. She looked over the posters. "I didn't have any real ideas for decoration yet," She replied easily, picking up a nice burgundy marker. "Just whatever you think would look good," She tapped the marker against the table lightly. "I was thinking... maybe the posters will be more eye-catching if they're all decorated individually?" She offered. "If no two are the same, maybe they might draw more attention," she smiled a bit.

Gaby nodded when Amelie said she didn't have any specific ideas on how to decorate the posters, but did agree that they might catch someone's eye more easily if they were all different. "Sounds like a plan!" She agreed, picking up one of the markers and sliding a poster her way before looking at it for a couple of seconds to figure out how she was going to decorate it. To make it fun and whilst she still had some ideas of what they could decorate them with she decided to do one with cute little snitches all over it, holding it up to Amelie once she was done with it. "This good boss?" Gaby joked, feeling like it would be good to let the younger girl have the lead in this. Personally, she already had the team so she figured this being a succes was a bigger deal for Amelie than it would be for her.

Amelie set to work as Gaby did, adding some lacy vines and flowers to a poster of her own. She looked up, smiling brightly and giggling as Gabrielle spoke. "I love it," she reassured the other girl before turning back to her own poster. "So Gaby, tell me more about yourself," She tried to pry gently. She wanted to know more about the other girl.

Gaby nodded when Amelie told her she liked the poster, continuing on with filling the entire thing with little snitches around the words. She was a little bit surprised when the girl asked her to tell her something more about herself. They didn't really know each other ofcourse, only recently having met and come up with the idea of a possibly friendly. She had felt bad when Amelie had mentioned being alone though, hoping the friendly might give her the opportunity to make some more friends. Untill then, she figured she'd be happy to hang out with the girl. "Oh, uhm.." Gaby started off as she needed to think about what to say for a second. "What do you want to know?"

Amelie thought a moment, tracing a few more flowers onto her poster. "Well, um... what sort of things do you like?" She asked, setting her poster aside and picking up a new one. "I know you like Quidditch. What other things do you like?" She asked, giving the other girl a shy smile.

Gaby moved her poster to the side when she was done with it, feeling like if she would add any more snitches it would get too crowded and just look a mess. She moved one of the others towards her, looking at it for a second as she contemplated how to decorate it. "I love quidditch." She smiled in response to Amelie, although not quite sure why she wanted to clarify that she didn't just like it. Perhaps because there was this huge part of her life based around the sport. "I also really like makeup, creating looks, experimenting with it. Things like that." Gaby responded to the question as she started drawing on the poster now in front of her. "What about you? Any hobbies?"

Amelie smiled, adding different vine work to this poster as she listened to Gabi. She giggled a little at the other girls words. "I love quidditch too," She offered with a warm smile, before looking back to her poster. "I also love flowers, like, a lot. And I like fashion too, and accessories." She mused, coloring in a few small flowers along the vines. "I also like coloring, and puzzles. Puzzles with hot chocolate on a rainy day are really good."

Gaby nodded when Amelie mentioned she loved quidditch too, although she was already convinced of that since it was pretty much why they were doing what they were doing in the first place. "That's cool." She smiled. "We could start, like, a stylist team together." Gaby joked after Amelie told her what else she liked to do, besides quidditch. On paper, with her enthusiasm for make-up and Amelie's interest in fashion and accessories they'd only need someone who was good at doing hair. "That explains the decorating." She smiled at the younger girl's mention of colouring and nodded when she said she also liked puzzling. Gaby wasn't much of a puzzler herself but she could understand why people would like it.

Gabi smiled and Amelie couldn't help but smile in return, heart fluttering oddly in her chest. She nodded, laughing lightly. "You always have the best ideas," she smiled, thinking that if they found someone for hair, or if Amelie perfected her hairstyling skills, they'd be perfect. She blushed as Gaby mentioned the decorating, smiling shyly. "It's just really calming, designing things. I like it." She looked down, and pleased with her poster, grabbed a third.

Gaby laughed when Amelie said she had the best ideas. She didn't really think she did, but she could appreciate that the other girl thought so. It was nice to be complimented at the very least. She nodded when Amelie mentioned designing things and how she felt it was calming, which she could understand. She didn't specifically feel like creating new make-up looks, which was her way of designing, was calming though. For her it was more exciting than anything else. But working on the posters like this was nice and she had to admit just colouring away did create some air of peace around her. "So," Gaby nodded towards their posters that were coming along quite okay, "Do you think this will attract enough kids?"

Amelie let a comfortable silence fall for a bit, working to make her posters pretty. "I think so," she replied easily, setting another aside and picking up a new one. "I think a lot of kids like to play but aren't interested in all the hassle of joining the team," She offered, smiling warmly. "I know my cousin and I just love to play, and I think the game brings people together," she laughed lightly. "I have a penpal at Hogwarts New Zealand, and we bonded over quidditch as well," She smiled, thinking of Jordie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back