Time to get acquainted

Mylie Styx

Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Mylie was in the midst of drying her hair with towel when she walked into the living room of the beach home. Mylie really liked this home. The sound of the crashing waves comforted Mylie. It was peaceful. Mylie was also grateful that her mother had divorced Gregory. He was more of a nuisance than he ever was a father to her. The best thing her mother had ever done was leave that man. Mylie felt at peace now. Well Mylie felt at peace about some things. There were other things that were bothering her too. Like the mysterious boy at school that knew her secret. Mylie was a Metamorphmagus and he knew that now. It scared Mylie that he was going to say something. Then everyone would know. Mylie assumed that if Gregory hated them as much as he did, everyone else was going to feel the same way. Her family was accepting of her but they were also her family. Family members were supposed to act like they all accepted one another when even they didn't. At least the ones that actually cared. Mylie heard the footsteps of her mother and turned her head in the direction of the hallway. Leilani appeared and Mylie acknowledged her with a simple wave. "Hi mom." Was all Mylie said as she tossed the towel aside and went into the kitchen to make something to eat. Right now Mylie was on her break. The next school year she would be in her fifth year. Mylie wasn't excited. She would rather stay at home and relax all day. The only person she really spoke to at all was Hades. Mylie thought that it made her kind of a loser. Not that it mattered though because Mylie could care less if she was friends with everyone or not. Mylie thought people like that were more than annoying. Mylie started to pull some shrimp from the icebox when he mother came into the kitchen. By the look on her face Mylie knew a lecture was coming.

"I need to stop by restaurant for awhile. I'll be home in time to start dinner alright?" Mylie nodded and popped the shrimp into a skillet pan along with some seasonings and butter. Garlic shrimp sounded like the perfect way to ease her hunger pains. Mylie expected her mother to leave after that but she remained. Mylie lifted her cinnamon brown eyes to look at her. The look within her eyes said that her mother better come out with it soon because she was getting annoyed. "Your father is supposed to be stopping by today. Be nice. He really wants to spend some time with you. I will see you later sweetheart." Mylie rolled her eyes when her mother kiss her on the top of her head and have her a hug. Mylie did not want to see her father. She had never met him formally from how far back she remembered. He wanted nothing to do with her when she needed him the most. So why should she bother to give him the time of day he wanted now? By the time he got here Mylie planned to be gone anyways. She wanted to go for a walk today. The door closed and Mylie sighed. Her shrimp was finished as well so she was ready to eat and get out of here before she had to actually meet the man who ignored her for years.

It was never Keyne's intention to ever leave behind his beautiful daughters during the divorce, and now he was going to be paying for it. Well, he was around now, and somehow kind of moving out of his own house, and into the beach house because he stayed there more often than not. He could not help it. He wanted to be able to stay there with Leilani and Amycus. Even Zayne seemed to stay in the beach house more than his own home. It was like fate was slowly tugging the strings to pull the family together. And the last one was Keyne's string. He just had to release that awful wife of his, and then he would be free to be back with the family he belonged even if he still feared that Leilani would of course never take him back. He feared that more than Merlin's wrath. Keyne was currently at a Quidditch practice in Canada, where his team originates from. It was a good day to be playing, and it was sunny. He could not help but think that today would not end in his favor. "Okay boys, wrap it up!" called out the coach with a smirk, and saw that they all were gone from the stadium. Even Keyne was a little nervous when it came to meeting Mylie, the middle child. It was not because of the gift that she had. It was because with the way Zayne reacted when he saw Leilani, blamed her for abandoning him for years and years, he would expect the same treatment from Mylie to him. It was not that he wanted to leave her. He really didn't. But the way the arrangements were, he and Leilani did not want to see each other, thus basically causing the kids to never know their sibling or siblings and their other parent. It was harsh, but everything would be back to normal soon. Well, some patches had to be cleared up, and he was going to start now with Mylie. Things were better with Amycus, and he could only hope that Amycus would have talked to Mylie about him in a good manner.

Apparating outside of the beach house and away from all sights of muggles, Keyne made sure the collar of his red button down shirt was good, and he looked good too. He wanted to make a good impression with Mylie, the one that seemed different from the rest of them. Keyne did not want to tolerate a brat however. After Quidditch practice, he was not exactly in the mood to have to deal with it, but this was his daughter, either he would have to suck it up, or end up pushing her away further. He stepped into the house, and immediately he was greeted not by a hug or anything like that. But by the smell of garlic shrimp. He knew that Leilani would not be here, but leaving Mylie alone in the house on a stove? Keyne wouldn't have that, but that was because he was just overly protective, and wanted his children to be safe and whatnot. He stepped around and then he looked into the kitchen to see Mylie. His warm warmed, but he leaned against the entryway. A soft smile curled along his lips, but it was very subtle. "Hey there, Mylie Ariella." He as a father should definitely remember his daughters' middle names, and even Zayne's. It was the only thing he could really say right now, because he was just overwhelmed, but he still kept his distance even if he wanted to rush over and embrace her tightly. With food in her stomach, it wouldn't be advisable since it might hurt.

Mylie glanced up from her cooking food and raised one eyebrow. The food did not cook fast enough because her dad got there a lot more quickly than Mylie expected he would. Mylie's cinnamon brown eyes a deep black before they returned to their natural shade and Mylie went back to her cooking. Her father even thought calling her by her middle name was going to soften her up? Mylie figured that he must not know her well at all. No one had told him how easy she was to get through to. When Mylie did not want to listen she did not listen. When Mylie did not want to do something, she did not do it. Her father was going to figure that out quick if he decided he wanted to stick around now. Since he was so in love with her mother still. "Hey Keyne. Hows it going?" Mylie responded coldly. Her fingers turned off the burner and went for a bowl. Mylie dumped the shrimp into the bowl then went for some garlic butter to put on top. Mylie refused to call his daddy or dad. He did not deserve that title right now. He had not been in her life for years. He did not cuddle her when she was sad and needed her dad to make it all better. Where had he been when Mylie was mistreated for being different than all the other kids in her daycare? Mylie dully noted that he was not even there to protect her from Greg. How much of a father could he call himself if he pretended like she and Amycus did not exist for years? Mylie was done trying to impress everyone. Mylie was done trying to be like them. They were not worth the time. Mylie walked over to the couch and sat down. Her silver fork poked into the garlic shrimp and she ate it. It did not seem like Keyne was going to leave. Did he think that this was Mylie and father bonding time?

Mylie ate another piece of shrimp. The door was crack so she could see the ocean outside. It looked nice enough to swim in. "I do not need a babysitter." Mylie told Keyne again as she ate another bite of her lunch. Her mother probably sent him to watch her while she was out at the restaurant. Mylie was now fifteen. She did not need someone to watch her and make sure that she did not burn the house down or something. If it was any of them that needed a babysitter she thought it would be Zayne more than any. Zayne seemed like he was growing out of his wuss stage. He was also younger than Mylie. If Zayne did not need a sitter than neither did she. "Or are you here because you are very obviously still in love with my mother and think bonding with me is going to make mom happy." Mylie did not think he was being very clever at all. It was easy to see through his act. He was not the first man to play this kind of game with their broken little family. He would not be the last either.

Keyne could tell that her stubbornness did not come from him. He was far too relaxed and if he was not there when they had given birth to Mylie, he would not have even known her for being his daughter. Keyne was unsure if that Metamorphmagus ability came from his side or Leilani's, but he thought that the ability was pretty cool to have. It would save on some girls wanting to dye and destroy their hair. Keyne would have loved to have that ability. He would really scare a lot of people. But that was when he was younger. He would not even bother using it unless he were angry. He wondered if she had any control over it yet. The moment that she responded with his name opposed to 'Dad', it was a kick to the gut, but as a Slytherin, he did not want to show weakness. Keyne chuckled, "You remember my name. That is a relief." There was no sound of sarcasm to that, but he could understand where she was coming from. He did not think that Zayne was referring Leilani as 'Mom' yet either. When it came down to the children, it was the oldest of them all that seemed to adapt and be more forgiving than the younger ones. It should have been the opposite way around, but alas, it was not for their family. Sure, he wanted to be there. He had wrote a thousand times, but somehow the owl kept getting mangled or something. Keyne had never figured out how the owl kept getting hurt like it was, but the letters were always missing so he assumed the girls got them. Apparently not.

The coach watched his daughter as she walked into the living room and sat down. He waved his hand and the front door shut all the way. Last thing they needed were flies and other crawlers coming in. Keyne continued to stand as he kept his brown eyes on her. She stated that she did not need a babysitter, and he would have to agree with that because she was not being left alone by both parents. Keyne shrugged, "I figured that much. No one needs a babysitter when they have one of their parents around." Keyne walked further into the living room and he took a seat on the arm chair, before he crossed his legs and he looked down at his hands that rested in his lap. Man, this was more awkward than explaining to his wife where he had been for the past few...months. Keyne rolled his eyes before he stated, "As clever as you are, you could not be anymore wrong. Not that you would believe me if I told you that I was here for you and only for you. So, my question would be, why state something that if a comeback was made, truth or not, would not change your mind?" Keyne raised an eyebrow at that, but if anything, Keyne believed that if he had known all the sh*t that Gregory had caused, he would have taken the girls from the household. But he did not know, and thus, he was not at fault. He could not be held responsible for Gregory's actions, and it was not fair for him to have to pay for the mistakes that the bastard had made.

For a fraction of a second, Mylie felt bad for the man that was supposed to be her father. Mylie knew he must have been trying real hard to get his family back. Mylie wondered if he was willing to give every in order to be with them again. Mylie felt that unless he was willing to show that he was committed to being a father again, that he did not deserve a chance to be in her life again. Mylie did not want to go through the hurt that she went through with Gregory. Even if they were two different men and it was not Keyne's fault that Gregory was so mean. Mylie still felt that if Keyne was so damn in love with Mylie's mother still he should not have let her go. He should not have let his family fall apart. He could have come back for them! Mylie wanted her father back years ago but now she knew that she could function without one. "Mom has been talking about you a lot lately." Harsh it was. But it was the actual truth. Most kids her age did not know their parents names completely. Mylie would also defend her statement by the fact that Keyne had not been around most of her life. How was she supposed to know his name? Lately her mother had been bringing up Keyne's name a lot. This was where Mylie picked the name up at. Mylie did not have to tell him that this was the only reason she knew his name. She guessed that he would figure it out on his own. Mylie offered him an apologetic smile. After she had given it to him she corrected herself and returned to showing no emotion. Why did she do that? Mylie felt like she had nothing to be sorry for.

Mylie felt like hitting her head against something when her father said that she did not need to be babysat because one of her parents was here to watch her instead. Mylie rolled her eyes and muttered something under her breath. "I do not need a parent either. I am not a kid." Mylie explained to the man. She was used to her mother not hovering above. Was her so called father going to be different? Mylie hoped not because she never faired well with people who tried to watch over her. Mylie finished the last of her food up and took the empty bowl to the sink. Mylie got back to the living room and shook her head at her father. "You ignored me for fourteen years of my life. What do you think dad?" Mylie questioned him as her bony arms rested on her hips for a second. Mylie was curious to see what he thought the answer would be. Mylie doubted it would be a very good answer.

Keyne was willing to do whatever it took in other to bring the family of five back together again. Once he had proof that there was something going on at his home, without Suzanne, then he would be more than happy to leave her. Even if he did not think that it was fair to Suzanne what he was doing. Then again he was thinking with his heart, not necessarily his brain. Keyne would figure things like that out later. Right now, he was just wanting to get his children all back together, and all loving their parents, and not just one. Amycus seemed to be turned, but there were the younger ones that did not understand. The way that Keyne and Leilani had done things, it was just, well, now that he thought about it, it was not too smart of them to do. Keyne did not know how to make up for that, except going back in time and bringing everything together, but he could not do it alone. Keyne shrugged, though he was flattered that Leilani had been talking about him a lot, "You paid attention and remembered. Maybe if your mom and I weren't so stubborn, then maybe I would have been a better dad." Keyne knew that he had not been around. He did not need reminding of it. He felt bad enough, and it could not be just blamed on him. It was something that was agreed on, but he did try to keep in contact with his daughters, but something kept happening to the damn bird. Which he blamed on Gregory.

Brown eyes narrowed when she said that she was not a kid. Of course she was not. Though if someone were to attack her, as an underaged witch she would not be able to defend herself. Though if it were a life and death situation, then it would change but Keyne did not want to have her go through that traumatizing event. Keyne pointed out, "No, you are not a kid, but say if an older, darker man came up and used magic on you. And you did not have a wand, you would be powerless. I don't want you to go through that, thus you are going to be watched. Until you are seventeen at least. Or maybe until you are married." Keyne was joking at the last part, a smile curling across his lips. The moment that Mylie stood up, Keyne did as well, out of instinct. His careful eyes watched her as she took the empty bowl to the sink, and now she questioned him. He looked down at the floor before he let out a sigh. He looked back at his daughter, and he stated, "If I were in your situation, I would probably be doing the same thing you are. Questioning and whatnot. However, are you willing to listen to my side of the story, before passing judgment? You can do with the information however you desire, but I believe you would need to know exactly why things were placed as they were. At least then your questions would be answered. Though I did try to write. Often. Just don't know what happened to the owl." Keyne even looked confused on that. At least one could tell what he was thinking, and there, he was wondering, what in the hell happened to his owl.

Mylie felt like she could have said a hundred things in responswe to what her ‘father’ had just said. Mylie knew better than to assume it was just one parents fault. Leilani was as much to blame as anyone in this family. Mylie just felt like she was less angry at her mother because she had been around to protect and raise Mylie. Mylie could not say whether Keyne had the ability to fix things between all of them or not. Mylie was willing to let him at least try, but she could not promise him that there would be progress. Deep inside, Mylie had the feeling that he still really felt strong for Leilani and wanted to get back in her good graces. He probably loved all of his children too. But it just seemed liked it was not until he saw Mylie’s mother again that he decided to go for it and get to know h is children. ”If you and mom had been less stubborn, a lot of things would be different. I do not even think you two really hated one another when you got divorced. You were just not ready to be a family man and mother expected too much from you.” Mylie had listened to the story of her parents divorce at least a hundred times. From the way it sounded, Leilani was the one who suggested the divorce. If she had said nothing would Keyne have stayed married to her? From the sounds of it he was just very immature and childish. He never wanted to come home, he never took important things seriously, and his Quidditch never let him stay home long enough. Mylie could see how Leilani would be stressed out. At the time she suggested the divorce she had three children and a career that she was beginning. There was a lot for her to do but she had no help from the man she married. Mylie also could see that Keyne might have just wanted to live his life. He was young back then and too young to be trying to be like a parent. Both had problems. But now they seemed more resolved. But would that fix the damage that had been done? Mylie doubted it.

Mylie rolled her eyes. ”DaKeyne, relax. No one one is going to attack me. I am too much of a freak for anyone to really bother.” Mylie was a freak. She could admit that. It was scary how much people thought she was capable of. She could change anything about her physical self within seconds. Mylie used to think it was cool. Then she got to Hogwarts and learned different. Mylie felt like she once could have impressed Keyne with it. But now she just wanted to hide. Or know where it came from. Mylie felt like it was unfair that her siblings did not suffer from this curse too. ”Fine. Mother has told me the story but I guess I owe you some time to explain yours. It would not have mattered if you had written or not. You were not there. To me, it was like you did not even exist.” Mylie grimaced. When she was younger she never understood why she had no dad. Then Leilani married Gregory and she thought that was her dad. Mylie wanted her real dad. But she did not trust him being the dad she wanted. Mylie wanted him to see her off to school, take her fishing, and lecture her about boys. Even if Mylie was probably never going to get married or fall in love. Mylie thought that it would be nice to have someone care for her like that. Mylie returned so that she was sitting on the sofa.

Keyne hoped that he could help bring the entire family together, but he couldn't guarantee much. He could only do what he could and if the people were willing to try, then it would be easier on them to bring the broken family back together. It would not be long anyway until they were all going to be back together, well he would have them all down into the beach house one of these days. Then he thought of divorcing his wife in the sake of his family. If he could reunite the entire family of five, then it would be worth a divorce. But he had to really think it through, to make sure that he was not going to end up getting screwed over because of this. Keyne let out a sigh and he nodded, before he said, "Yeah, and then when we both got married, things got complicated. I shouldn't have let that happen. No, I never hated your mother when we divorced. I wasn't ready, and then there was Quidditch, it was all so much on a young man's mind which is why I am pressing onto everyone, and that means you too, to wait before you are a lot more mature before getting married. Get a job, a house, everything." It seemed kinda obvious to get all of that stuff, but it was not to him back then. He thought that he was ready. Keyne's expression changed when he added in, "And when your mother mentioned divorce, I think I died on the inside. I've always wondered, if maybe we could have waited until things settled down, then this never would have happened." He looked about as devastated now as he did back then. Never would he think that moment in history was better for the two of them. He would have matured shortly afterward. Maybe a trial separation at first.

When he heard that Mylie considered herself a freak, Keyne looked at her as if she had said something strange. He leaned forward before he said, "Hang on a second, who considers you a freak? From what I see, you are a beautiful, young teenager that could do so much with her life if she wanted. I hardly consider that something a 'freak' would be. You are the perfect prey for older men. Young, gorgeous, and...I don't want to imagine it. You aren't a freak. If you are a freak, then I dare you to show me what it is that makes you like that." Keyne hoped that she didn't think that her gift was what made her a freak. But he was dying to know, and for her to show what made her think that about herself. Though he was starting to wonder, what was it that planted that idea into her brain. Keyne hoped it was not that damn muggle named Gregory. Keyne would personally throw him into a room with an enhanced bludger before leaving him there to get pummeled by the thing. Letting out a sigh, he took his seat back in the living room, before he said, "So, after Amycus was born, your mother and I were in love, and just out of school. No time for a child, but well, before things like a career comes along, but Quidditch had me most of the days, and before I knew it, we were parents to three children, and in over our heads. I wanted some time to myself, but never did I want the divorce. It was a blow when Leilani delivered the news. We decided to split you guys up, and for the sake of our sanity, never see each other again. I don't think of how I should explain on how it felt, it is kinda obvious. When I met your mother again, recently, it was like we were teenagers again. I got pissed off because I heard just vaguely on how Gregory treated you all, and if I had known that before, I would have fought in court. I know the mistakes I've made, and willing to do anything to erase that bastard Gregory from your, Amycus and your mother's lives, and move on. Regardless that I wasn't there, I wanted to be, but I respected your mother's wishes. I guess out of spite, I did the same to her."

Keyne shrugged lightly, taking a pause in what he said. He hoped that she wouldn't take this with a grain of salt. He wanted to be there with her, and it was very obvious with the way he sounded. It tore him up to see the children separated. If anything, he would have just let Leilani handle them all, and then he would come on occasion, but even that was unlikely. Keyne finished, "Point is, give me one chance to make this right. Because even if you don't want me around, you will get to experience what having a true dad feels like. I'm overprotective, just so you know." His lips curled into a slight smirk, before he would hear out what she would say about the entire thing.

Mylie could have told her mother and father back then that they were setting themselves up for a nightmare in the making. Mylie assumed that they were still pretty much teenagers when they had Amycus. Teenagers were not well equipped to handle anything in Mylie's opinion. Mylie figured this out from school. Watching how ridiculous the other students from her school behaved told her that they were not much ready for anything. Mylie thought perhaps things might not have been so rough for the both of them if they had just been careful about not having so many children. Mylie was happy to have been born but she had to wonder what her mom and dad were thinking when they had so many kids at once. Kids were a lot of work. Mylie cleared her throat softly and addressed her father. "Dad. I do not think that will be as much of a problem. I think I'm better at controlling my 'sexual urges' a lot better than you two ever were." Mylie stated honestly. She did not notice that she had called Keyne dad by accident and if she had she would have corrected herself. Mylie did think that her father was not going to like her saying what she had but that was his own problem. Mylie was not into boys yet. Once summer holidays ended Mylie would be headed back to school for her fifth year. Mylie was the age where most would be into boys and stuff. Mylie did not really know of any boys at her school she would ever come to like. There was Hades but she was still getting used to him being around. He was odd at times. Mylie thought he could be a little invasive of her personal life but he was at least more standable than her other classmates were. It was a shame that he was year lower than herself. Mylie did not think it was the right time to mention boys to her dad though. He might start to question her.

Keyne started to question Mylie about being a freak. Who was calling her this. Then he dared her to show him what it was that made her such a freak. Mylie figured she could show him a little. Mylie focused for a second and then let her hair fade into a platinum blonde color. It was so light it almost matched the color of the clouds. Mylie let it darken back to it's normal mousy brown color. "How many people do you know in the world that can do that? The kids at school think I am weird. So did Gregory. I am used to it though." Mylie was used to it. It was not as bad in school as it was when she was younger. When she first came to Hogwarts Mylie used her ability to try and look like anyone else. Mylie could have made herself perfect if she had wanted to. But it backfired and it ended with the other kids thinking she was weird and freaky. Gregory seemed to think she was a bit of a freak too. He hated what Mylie could do.

"So you and mom were pretty much just being selfish. Truth be told daddy, we had forgiven you guys awhile ago. We just wanted to see how far you both were willing to go to get things fixed. Oh and Amycus says your wife is a hyena...whatever that means." Mylie shrugged her bony shoulders. Her small body stepped forward and she gave her dad what would be the first hug she had ever given him. It was quick because she was not as affectionate as others. It did show that she didn't hate him completely. Mylie did not hate him. But it would take some time to gain her trust. "Overprotective, how?" He was an overprotective father? What did that mean? Mylie had never really seen a father be like that. Leilani could sometimes be protective but she was normally very lenient in the things she let Amycus and Mylie too. Mylie wondered if Zayne was enjoying his time with her. Mylie hoped that her dad would not take away all the fun things he liked to do. That would be a real pain in the butt.

Keyne nearly paled when Mylie said that she thought that she was better at controlling her sexual urges better than they, as in he and Leilani, ever were. In his mind, she should not even be having those urges because she was too young! And she was his daughter! There was no way that they were going to have those urges until they were fifty! Keyne pointed out, "You shouldn't be having any urges at all." He hoped that he wouldn't have to pull any guys off of his daughter, she was just so young, going into her fifth year. Though she seemed to actually be able to call him 'Dad' now, which was good. He didn't know that she would even be doing that for too often without catching herself. Well it was something that he was hoping that he did not have to listen to what she would describe to him as her sex life and how it was going, anywhere near the future that is. Keyne wondered if she was into boys yet, but did not think that now would be the best time to bring it up until he was ready to listen to his girls talk about their crushes and things like that. Keyne wished that she was younger, perhaps going into her first year where a girl would think that all boys had cooties and whatnot. That was what he was wanting to see. Same thing with Amycus. Actually, he wanted them to be younger. However there was no way to do that however. He wished that he could have done what he could while they were children. Keyne was not going to be able to accept the fact that his two daughters would be dating at some point. The coach changed his position in his seat, and he looked forward at Mylie, someone that looked more like her mother than him. Actually, most of their children looked like Leilani to him. It was not a bad thing however, because she was a great woman, and was beautiful.

The moment when he watched that Mylie changed her hair to a platinum blonde, he nodded, before he thought that he could show her something. It did not bother him at all that she could do that. Keyne smiled warmly at her, though the kids might think that she was weird, but did she show it to others? Those that weren't muggle-borns that is. Gregory, he figured that he wouldn't like it because that man was an ass. Keyne flourished his wand, and he triple tapped his hair, before it changed to a shockingly red color, before he changed it back, "Might not be the same thing that you can do, but it is more talented than the advanced Transfiguration. I've heard of a Metamorphmagus that died in the great war in 1998, and she was a brave woman. It is a rare gift, but there are no ties to the Dark Arts like that of a Parselmouth." He winked one of his chocolate brown eyes, before smiling even more. "Point is, I accept the gift, and actually, encourage you to use it whenever you want. It doesn't matter what those other kids say. Besides, chances are, they are jealous because you are much cooler." He shrugged once more, before he hoped that she would understand what he was getting at. Keyne had narrowed his eyes and then the expression changed to shock when she told him that they had already forgiven them. He then laughed when she said that his wife was a hyena. Well, at least a hyena laughs. Keyne was pleasantly surprised however when Mylie approached him, and actually hugged him! It was too quick for him to return to his dismay though. "Overprotective like I won't let you go anywhere at night without supervision, have to be home before nightfall, no dangerous places, stuff like that. Well, you'll see soon enough. Would you like to see how determined I am to get our family back together?" Keyne soon left the living room for a moment, went into a small office, where he had things for Quidditch. He searched his filing cabinet, and then found the papers that he wanted to find. He went back into the living room, and he dropped them on the coffee table, for her to look at. On the top of the papers, it read, 'Divorce Papers'.

Mylie mentally scolded herself for saying anything. Mylie had forgotten that her father mentioned that he was going to be very protective of her. The fact that she was becoming interested in boys more and more may upset him. Even more because he had only gotten the chance to meet her formally for a little less than five minutes. Mylie could not help herself though. Mylie thought that her parents had no room to tell her that she was not allowed to like boys. Her mother and father went as far as to have children not even a month or so after they graduated. In Mylie's mind that meant that her mother had been pregnant while she was still in school. Not too much older than Mylie was. "Says who? I am fifteen dad. I am pretty sure that means I am not a child anymore." Mylie was tempted to tell him that it was not like she had an actual guy she was with or into. But Mylie figured that whether she did or did not was none of his business. Mylie was not even going to tell her mother as she knew her mother would just ask a lot of questions. Leilani was not as overprotective as her dad was, but Mylie knew Leilani could be just as bothersome about it. Mylie did not want either of her parents to start getting involved in her personal life. If they found out about that boys named Hades, Mylie knew she would never hear the end of it. So far he was the only boy who really tried to talk to her and stuff. Which made him a little bit more interesting to her. But Mylie did not think he would become someone she actually liked. He was too complicated. Mylie was not experienced with crushes and stuff, she did not thinking liking someone complicated would fair out well for her. But Mylie was still young and pretty new at this. Time would only tell what happened. That Hades boy might find someone better to follow around. It was hard for her to say what was going to happen.

"The fact that she died in the war, dad, does not make me feel any better about being able to do that. But thank you. It feels better to know that there are people out there that do not find it creepy and unnatural to do this. You are like the second person I have met that thinks my ability is really special and sought after or something." The first was Hades. Of course there were people like her sister and mother. But they were a given because they accepted Mylie for who she was and everything. Mylie did not know how Zayne felt about it either. Mylie would rather be a Parselmouth to be honest with herself. At least then she would have someone to talk to. But it would appear that she was not that lucky. Mylie had to deal with what she was and nothing more or less. "Are you kidding? There is no reason to be that overprotective though! I can handle myself just fine!" Mylie wanted to throw in that Zayne was the youngest and he was the one that needed to be babysat! Mylie did not like feeling she was a little kid again. No one had treated her that way in years. Mylie could easily use that ability of hers to scare someone off if they tried to hurt her. Would that be considered as underaged magic? Especially if sometimes she could not control it. Mylie nodded her head softly when he dad asked her if she wanted to see how determined he was to get the family back together. Mylie was curious to see how this was going to work. Her dad went to a filing cabinet and pulled out a stack of papers. When he dropped them off into the living room. They read 'divorce papers'. He was going to divorce the hyena? "Does mom know?" Mylie asked.

Keyne shrugged and he pointed out, "You are not a child, but you are not old enough for that stuff. Being fifteen means that you are a teenager, but regardless, none of that until you are like, forty. Save me some sanity." Keyne didn't want to know about his little girl doing anything like that. And he hated it when Amycus was becoming of age anytime now, and she was going to be this adult that he dreaded to find out what all she would be doing. He wanted to be sure that his girls did not make the same mistakes that he and Leilani did. He wanted to protect them as much as he humanly could without driving them away from him. He could not help that he was a protective dad and wanted the best for them. The last thing that he wanted was to be a grandfather before he was even forty. He wanted to be a grandfather by the time his first silver hair showed, and so far, he did not have any. That was a great thing. He didn't want Zayne to end up with girls right now either. He'd be in worse shape if his son was into males, but still. He just wanted the best for his three kids, and he wanted them to have a safe future as well. One that did not have as much heartache as his had. His life had not been as peachy as he wanted or planned it to be for a while. Anything that he could do would be good for his children, and he was going to keep it like that. He vaguely started to wonder if Mylie had been interested in boys yet, though with her demeanor, he doubted it. She didn't seem boy crazy, neither of his girls did. It relieved him to know this however. Keyne would not have to worry about beating off some the males just yet. He just dreaded it when it would happen though, because it was bound to happen eventually. He hoped that the day would never come though.

Keyne chuckled when she empathized that the woman that he had read about died. He smiled, "She died a heroine. I think she passed the gift on, but I'm not too sure how that works. Just don't do what she did and marry a werewolf. Second person? Who was the first?" He raised an eyebrow. What did Leilani and Amycus think? Surely they accepted her gift. Well, he was for sure that Leilani did. Keyne was curious, but he had to ask. Keyne didn't want Mylie to be ashamed at all because of her gift. Keyne had abilities of his own, though nothing abnormal for someone his age. He was a good wizard, and he was a decent coach. Just a little bit hard on his team. Keyne shrugged before he smirked slightly, "Nope. You may be able to handle yourself just fine, but you are my daughter, so I am going to make sure that nothing bad happens to you. From here on out." Keyne seemed like he had put an end to that, and that was the way that he was going to be. He loved it like that, and he was going to keep on with what he was doing. "I am not going to make you hold hands across the street though. Going through malls or something, I won't be near you all the time. Nothing like that." Keyne may be overprotective, but he wasn't psychotic or paranoid. He knew that kids could use magic if their lives were at stake. But what if they were encountered by muggles? Then they would not stand a chance. Keyne let out a sigh and he flipped through the papers. All he needed to do was to get Suzanne to sign them. He thought about using the Imperius curse, but he wouldn't do that. "Not yet. But after everything is finalized, I figured that I'd tell Leilani."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back