OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Straight 15 1/2 Inch Sturdy Larch Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Desislav took a good look around. He wanted to make sure everything was just perfect before he kicked Finn out and asked Kayleigh downstairs. It just had to be. He'd dimmed the lighting, set up a chair special just for her and had what he needed right in his pocket. Finn had even helped him work out just what to say when the time felt right, and he knew it would feel right. It was Valentine's day, after all, and this was just what everyone wanted on Valentine's day.

Desi could only hope that Kayleigh wasn't mad that they were staying in. They'd always gone out, but that was because they'd always been kept apart, first by their houses at school, and then because he'd graduated and she hadn't, and then because her parents hadn't wanted her living with him so soon. But now, they were together everyday, and everything was just right. Desislav's favorite part of every day was waking up and watching Kayleigh sleep for a few minutes before her eyes fluttered open.

"Ok, send her down and then please, please, please put the pan in my fridge into the oven. And turn it on!" he yelled up the stairs at his friend. "Love you too!" He'd planned a special meal and even bought some wine to celebrate this special moment. It was going to be great!

Godmod throughout RP is with permission

It was Valentines Day and Desislav was planning something big. She wasn't allowed downstairs, but she could barely contain her excitement. What else could it be?! She didn't care if she didn't get a ring; hell, she didn't care if the ring she got was a burger ring, just as long as she got to spend the rest of her life with him. It was a no brainer. This was happening. Kayleigh had just penned a letter to Alana while she waited, expressing her extreme joy; she hadn't sent it yet though, she'd need to borrow an owl. Kayleigh couldn't help but laugh as she heard the 'love you's exchanged between the two boys; she absolutely loved their relationship. A knock on her door was unexpected from Finn, but she opened it with a big smile as he told her to go downstairs before disappearing to the kitchen. Butterflies swarming in her stomach was nothing compared to the thudding of her heart as she forced herself to slowly walk down towards Des. If it were possible, her face would've broken from the smile at the set up of the room. "This looks fancy." She said, making her way towards her soon to be fiance.

"We tried" Desislav admitted as he rushed forward, grabbing Kayleigh's hands and walking backwards with her. He only stopped when they reached the chair which he guided her into. Desislav went to move away and then gave her a kiss on the top of her head. Then he moved for the counter where he and Finn had been working all day. His back was to Kayleigh as he used his wand to perform some last minute magic. "So, how was your day?" he asked, all casual like. "Uh, do you mind closing your eyes?" he added, glancing over his shoulder to see if she'd oblige.

Kayleigh grinned at Des when he said that they had tried, but before she was able to tell them that they achieved, he had grabbed her hands and was walking her to a seat, which he so gentleman-ly helped her into. She closed her eyes just briefly when he kissed her head, and she couldn't help but feel jitters. Kayleigh tried to peer over Desislav's tall build (which was difficult in a seat) when he asked how her day was. She could barely contain her excitement, and wanted to know what he was doing. "Oh, yeah - yeah, it was good!" Kayleigh replied, absent-mindedly, before he turned around and asked her to close her eyes. Kayleigh grinned. "Okay!" She said, probably the first time ever she'd happily follow that instruction, before shutting her eyes.

Desislav glanced over his shoulder again, an amused expression on his face. Kayleigh wasn't usually so passive in following along. Usually she asked a bunch of questions. Desislav had even prepared for some. "Good, good" he replied as he put the finishing touches on what he'd been doing.

Moving closer and as quietly as he could, Desi stopped in front of Kayleigh. "Keep your eyes closed, ok?" he said, leaning close to her ear, his voice low. Lifting his head, Desi continued a little louder. "Valentine's day is one of those days where, for couples, there are endless possibilities. Sometimes, it's the start of something special. Something timeless, a priceless moment" he continued, trying to remember every word he'd rehearsed. "And there's really only one thing that can help make that moment perfect, help the couple really shine as brightly as their relationship." Desislav lifted the top from what he was holding in his hand. "Ok. you can open your eyes" he called out, barely containing his excitement.

Kayleigh jumped slightly when Desi's voice was a lot closer than last time. She smiled though, keeping her eyes closed, amazed (and a tiny bit surprised) at the elaborate set up Des had gone through for this. Kayleigh couldn't wait to write to Alana about exactly what happened, or to go home and brag to her parents about her newly adjusted relationship status. She had to focus really hard to keep her eyes closed as Des started speaking. This was it. This was really happening! Kayleigh couldn't, for the life of her, wipe the smile from her face. Her eyes flew open as soon as Desi said she could, quickly going from his eyes down to what he was holding. Kayleighs face turned into slight confusion, as she did not see a ring, rather a chocolate sitting atop Desi's silver tray. This wasn't what she was expecting, but was it part of the plan? After a bit of encouragement from Des, Kayleigh picked up the chocolate and took a bite...before being told she had to finish it all. Confused, Kayleigh huffed before finishing the chocolate, her heart slowly sinking at the slow realization that this might not be the marriage proposal she thought it was.

Desi quickly waved Finn over as Kayleigh finished the chocolate, the effects immediate. He high fived his friend, an enthusiastic yes escaping his lips. "Feel anything weird, Ba- babes?" he corrected himself quickly. Finn was there and he was under strict orders to not use her middle name at all but certainly not in front of Finn. Holding up the tray so Kayleigh could see a bit of her reflection, Desi showed her that she was glowing in the dark. "Isn't this cool?" he asked, still grinning. They'd been working on this for weeks but hadn't been able to create a chocolate that would sustain the glow. It seemed like they'd finally cracked the code.

Finn's arrival only confused Kayleigh more, but she shook her head when she was asked if she felt anything weird. Finally, it all seemed to reveal itself when Des held the tray up and she saw her skin glowing. A gasp escaped her mouth as she looked down at her hands to see that they too, were glowing in the dark. So this wasn't a proposal after all. Kayleigh felt her heart sink. "Yeah. Cool. It's - I'm very impressed." She stood up from her seat. She'd have to scratch out what she wrote to Alana about her expectations. Nevermind, she imagined it saying. I was just their test subject. "I'm going to go, get ready for dinner, but well done guys. Really - well done." She was impressed. She knew they'd been working hard on something, but Kayleigh just didn't expect such an elaborate scheme set up to make her glow in the dark. She couldn't shake off the disappointed feeling. Kayleigh knew they'd eventually marry, but she just wished the proposal was today.

Desislav was busy trying to listen to Finn but was distracted by Kayleigh's reaction. She'd definitely been happy and supportive but something had felt off about it all. And she'd retreated so quickly, he hadn't even had the chance to ask her about it. When he was finally able to breakaway from Finn, Des took the stairs two at a time though he entered the house quietly. He stopped in the kitchen to shut off the oven, he didn't want their dinner to burn, before looking around to find Kayleigh. When he didn't find her anywhere else, Des knocked gently on the door to their room. "Kayleigh?" he said quietly as he slipped in and walked over to her. He handed her a glass of water he'd stopped for when he'd shut the stove. "It'll get rid of the glow" he continued. Taking a catcher' s stance, Des rested his hands on either side of her thighs. "You ok? You seemed a little off downstairs" he said. Desislav didn't know exactly what was bothering her but he knew she'd tell him especially now that they were alone. She'd been really excited up until she'd eaten the chocolate. "Did the chocolate taste bad? We're still working on the formula..." he trailed off, knowing she'd probably talk easier if he shut up.

Kayleigh sat on her bed, looking down at her glowing hands. She wondered how long it was going to last. The two boys really were geniuses and it was amazing what they had managed to create. She hadn't gotten to her letter yet. She looked at it as she walked in, but she couldn't bring herself to write down the results of the evening so far, not with her glowing hand and no ring as a reminder. Kayleigh was just going to sit there and calm the disappointment and almost tears until she was called out for dinner. She expected the boys to be celebrating for some time, at least long enough that she expected to fall asleep, so she looked up with surprise when Des walked in and gave her water. Kayleigh nodded her head before taking a sip of the water. She smiled at her boyfriend when he asked if she was okay. She knew she couldn't hide it from him, and she was glad that she didn't have to. The blonde shook her head when he asked if it was the chocolate. "No, it's not that - I'm actually really impressed Des, you guys did such a good job and I'm really proud...It's just...with the dinner and it being Valentines Day... and then the mood lighting downstairs and the speech. I guess I just thought it was going to - you know, be a marriage proposal." Kayleigh answered with a shrug. She didn't want Des to feel bad about it, or feel pressured into doing it, so she quickly added, "Not that that's what it should have been, I don't expect you to, it was just, I was just - disappointed."

Desislav listened without interruption, though he would have been at a loss for words if he had been talking. The man hadn't even stopped to consider what it would look like. He'd been so busy wanting to set the mood for his pitch, wanting Kayleigh to see that he and Finn were taking this more seriously than they took most things. This was their livelihood at stake, his life with Kayleigh on the line every time they went down to their shop. Desislav moved his hands so that they were touching her legs as he leaned closer to her, completely on his knees now. "I'm sorry, I...I didn't even think about how else that all might have looked." He moved a hand to brush some of Kayleigh's hair behind her ear. "Bambi, I've told you before and I'll tell you every single day if you need me to, you're the only person I ever want to be with. I want to see you as a little old lady telling our grandkids about helping me clean curse words from the school walls" he smirked, "but I want to wait until we're a little older before we get married. Everyone in my family Is always in a rush and gets married really young, and I...I don't want to be like them." His biological dad's family was complicated with their rules and guidelines, and he tried to stay out of it as much as he could. And he liked where he and Kayleigh were. They were getting to know each other in new and different ways every day. "If you really, really, really " he stressed, "want to get married, let's do it, but if you just want to do it to because Alana keeps saying you should, tell her to mind her own business and let you live your life." Desislav wasn't a huge fan and knew the feeling was mutual.

Kayleigh moved her hands on top of Des's hands, so he knew she wasn't upset with him. She almost felt embarrassed for having thought that was what was happening, but she appreciated how understanding and kind Desislav was being about it. Kayleigh kept her eyes locked on Des as he spoke, laughing a little at his comment about the graffiti he had once done. She nodded her head in understanding, she only knew a fraction of information about his family, but if he was willing to offer marriage if she really wanted it, she was more than happy to wait until he did. Kayleigh laughed again, then shook her head. "No, it's not coming from Alana." She said, giving his hand a quick squeeze. "I love you Des. Thank you. I'm happy with where we are. I'm happy waiting. I'm sorry - I feel silly - you can't expect anything else from a girl though, can you?" She teased, before moving forward and placing a gentle kiss on Desi's lips. Kayleigh took a deep breath and shook herself lightly out of the stupor she was in. "Now, have I ruined dinner or is Finn setting the table for us? Wait - don't tell me - you haven't gotten him to be our waiter have you?"

Desislav was happy to hear that Kayleigh was indeed happy with where they were. He beamed, still smiling as she kissed him and eventually leaned back. He stood up slightly, his back stopped as he shook his head. "No, silly. You haven't ruined anything" he said, leaning in for another kiss. The one she'd given him hadn't lasted long enough at all though Desislav knew that a longer kiss really might ruin dinner. He pulled back, tugging her up as he stood to his full height, giving her hand a kiss. "Did I tell you what he told me when I asked him about that? I have never heard some of the words he called me" he said, pretending to be horrified, as he led Kayleigh to the tiny dining area. As he pulled out her chair, Desislav waited for his girlfriend to take a seat before he kissed the top of her head and then took his own seat across from her, their feast before them. "Happy Valentine's day, Kayleigh. I love you" he said, wishing he could keep their hands linked but knowing they needed to carve into their steaks. There'd be plenty of time for holding hands and other stuff later.

End.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back