Time is on our side

Sebastian Rossi

Wand
Straight 14" Rigid Aspen Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Pushing through the door that led to a small alley, Sebastian was still talking to his manager even as he backed away from the small club that he'd been performing in. His manager had been following him throughout the backstage trying to convince him that today wasn't a good day for his plans. Sebastian's guitar case smacked against his leg as he promised the muggleborn guy that he'd make it to his interview tomorrow on time. Sebastian hoped that he could keep the promise. As the door shut on the man still talking, Sebastian took a deep breath, regretting it instantly as the smell of something rotten filled his nose. The silence was welcoming, at least, especially since his manager didn't follow him out. The blond looked in both directions to make sure there wasn't a couple making out in a dark corner or someone smoking or doing something worse before he apparated. With a crack, Sebastian found himself in a much different place. Everything, the air, the smell, the sights was a far cry from where he'd been just moments before. Even the sun's location was entirely different. Sebastian had left in total darkness, but the sun was still up here, though it didn't have much longer before it'd bid its farewell. Still lugging his guitar case, Sebastian pulled a scrap of paper from his pocket and gave it a quick glance. After a moment, he began walking. Luck was with him as he quickly found the street he needed, his pace quickening as he began to hum, lifting his hood into place.

Eventually, Sebastian reached the entrance to a movie studio. He'd never make it through the gates, not without using magic, but he was content to wait with the small group of fans that had gathered to try and catch a glimpse of their favorite stars. The man put his guitar case onto his shoulders so that his fingers were free to grip the chain link fence as he waited to see his girlfriend. He wasn't too worried about people recognizing him with his hood up. They were too busy looking through the fence and weren't concerned about anyone on the same side as them. It worked in Sebastian's favor. He was able to listen to the fans as they squealed, their excitement growing as the time for the crew to begin leaving arrived. Sebastian's excitement was growing too, though he wasn't excited to see the entire crew. There was just one person he was here to see. Kathryn Kingsley. Bas had spent far too much time reading her words and watching her face through a screen, and he'd made a snap decision, one that his manager disapproved of, to come see her. He had an early morning interview in Italy, so he really only had about six hours with her. It wasn't nearly enough, but it would have to be enough for now.

Katheryn picked up her keys and her phone from her dressing room table as she glanced around the room to make sure everything was in order. The redhead's film career had skyrocketed after her Superman just two short years ago. She had already had two movies come out since then, two more were in production, and now she was filming a sequel to the movie that had shot her into stardom. Her busy career had not left much time for anything else, including her boyfriend. Kat glanced at Sebastian's picture on her dresser with a smile and a pang of longing. She missed him as his career had taken him halfway around the world from her. This movie had her across the country from her New York apartment. She was living in a hotel of all places. The young woman sighed just as her phone began to ring. She glanced down at the number, noticing that it was her brother. He so rarely called her these days that she immediately answered. Cameron was so busy with his new position that she tried not to bother him. Katheryn waited for his phone calls and made time for them when they came. Grabbing her sunglasses off the counter, she exited her dressing room.

Katheryn wasn't paying much attention to the hustle and bustle around her as she exited the studio. Many crew members and actors were leaving at the same time as they did every day. She was laughing at a story her brother was telling her about her nephew's flying lesson yesterday. It was still daylight outside, but the sun would be setting soon. The actress pulled her sunglasses down over her eyes as she stepped outdoors to go to her car. It was on loan from the studio while they were filming and she was away from home. A few screams and shouts greeted her from the other side of the fence. Katheryn smiled and waved, as she did every day. Her blue eyes glanced at the crowd, not really absorbing it. Distracted as she was, Kat almost missed a familiar face in the sea of strangers. She stopped abruptly as her eyes caught sight of him. "Cam, I have to go. Bas is here....mmhmm.. Call you later..... Love you too...." she said, quickly hanging up the phone. She made her way towards the fence, ignoring everyone but her boyfriend. Kat grinned at him, excited to see him for the first time in much too long. "This is a nice surprise." she murmured, as she got close to him. Several people were shouting her name, but she only had eyes for him. "I'll meet you at the gate." she told him, brushing her fingertips against his hand. She winked at him, realizing after she did it that he probably couldn't see it behind her glasses. Katheryn left to go get her car, quickly pulling it around to the front gate to wait for Sebastian.

Sebastian spotted Kathryn long before she even knew he was there. It was her energy that had always drawn Bas in even if it was her red hair that he spotted first. Even now, from afar, he could see that she was in a good mood, as she usually was. He hoped that once she spotted him, it would be even better. Sebastian hadn't mentioned his idea to meet up with her. He hadn't even known he would do it until right before his set, and he'd departed immediately after which left no time for him to notify her. Thankfully, she didn't seem to be in a rush as she headed towards the gates that would take her from the studio, sunglasses on. Bas had hoped that she wouldn't have an interview or an event to go to. He wanted to be selfish and not have to share her. After all, he didn't have much time to spare. Even though the crowd shouted their excitement as Kat waved to them, Bas was deaf to all that. Instead, he was hypnotized, enraptured, as he waited for the moment when Kat would spot him. Finally, she did. A broad grin crossed the man's face as he admired his girlfriend's walk while she made her way over to him. Bas knew that if he really wanted to, he could easily get himself through the fence by using magic. And he desperately wanted to. The feeling was so bad that he could feel the magic coursing through him, much like he could feel his heart's every beat as it began to race. His grip tightened on the fence as the crowd pushed closer. Their moment was brief and soon she was rushing away.

Bas didn't linger with the crowd after that, pushing through the security that had gathered to hold the car back as Kathryn pulled her car up to the gate for him to slide in. The musician took only a moment, though he would spend much more time later, to admire the car she was now driving before he placed his guitar in the back and slid into the passenger seat. Before she could drive off, Sebastian pulled Kathryn toward him for a kiss, the first of what he hoped was many during their short time together. After a long moment, he let her go, his face still close to hers as he whispered, "I've missed you too much" with a desperation he hadn't realized he'd been feeling. The long distance aspect of their relationship was killing him. Sitting back, breathless, Bas fastened his seatbelt as he waited for her to drive them off.

Katheryn scanned the crowd that had gathered at the gate, doubtless having heard her comment to Sebastian. Maybe they were all hoping she meant them even when there was clearly only one person she wanted to see tonight. The actress had thought that Bas was tied up overseas with commitments to musical career and knew that they wouldn't have much time together. She wondered if he had blown something off just to see her for a few hours. If he had, Katheryn couldn't have been happier. She missed Sebastian when they were apart, which was most of the time these days if she was being honest. Thankfully, they had magic to transport them halfway around the world and back. Katheryn spotted Sebastian pushing his way through the crowd and a smile lit up her face. The redhead drank the sight of him in. He was as handsome as ever. She nodded to the security so that they would let him through. Kat unlocked the doors so Sebastian could hop in. As soon as he was safe in the car, the actress locked them back.

Before she could say anything, Sebastian was kissing her, and she was kissing him back. A familiar tug of longing pulled on heart making it ache. She had missed him so terribly much. She smiled at him as he spoke her inner thoughts. Katheryn reached up and brushed his forehead. "I've missed you too." she could hear the desperation in his voice echoed in her own. Her career had really just been taking off when they begun seeing each other as more than friends, and the time that they had together had gradually been less and less. "I'm so glad that you are hear. Really I am." she said with sincerity and longing. Kat leaned in and kissed him quickly once more before returning her attention to the road. They had probably given the fans enough of a show. By now, they must have figured out who Sebastian was as it was no secret who the actress was dating. She put the car in drive and pulled away from the gate. "Are you hungry? We could go eat or we could go back and order room service?" she asked, not sure what he wanted to do or if he was even hungry.

Kat's words were music to Sebastian's ears. He knew she'd be happy to see him, but hearing it made him even more happy with his decision. He'd deal with his manager's displeasure for this in a heartbeat. As she asked about food, Sebastian considered the options she'd given him. He watched as they sped away from the studio, leaving the screams and yells behind them. "Definitely room service. The places I'm staying at don't have that kind of fancy stuff" he kidded. Even though he'd had a great deal of fame as the lead guitarist of Ares Moon, he'd spent years away from the music business. He'd only recently decided to step back into it all, and he was starting practically from the bottom. Not that he minded. Sebastian had never been afraid of working hard when it came to his music, and he'd already begun playing to bigger crowds. So far, it had been a good experience and he hadn't felt any of the pressures that he'd felt with Ares Moon. He was glad to put all of that in the past, happy that he had a seemingly bright career ahead of him as a solo artist.

As Kat continued driving, Sebastian couldn't take his eyes off of her. It was as if he was trying to memorize her every feature even though he could easily see all of them. He had a picture of her in his wallet, and right behind it was a magical picture of her. "How did things go today?" he asked. It was going to be nice to hear her answer in person and not through a screen. Sebastian kept a cell phone since he knew Kat worked primarily among muggles, but when he played at wizarding clubs, his phone couldn't be counted on very much. It even had difficulties when it was just him and his manager. Their combined magic jammed whatever it was that made the cell phone work.

"Room service it is." Katheryn answered with a delighted grin. She had been hoping for that answer as she didn't particularly want to share her boyfriend tonight. It was a madhouse when she went out in public in the muggle world, and she didn't really know about the wizarding community in this area. Katheryn lived her life mostly in the muggle world despite the fact that she was a witch. She was ever so careful to keep her wand hidden, but nearby in case she ever needed to use it. "Things are going really well. We are right on schedule. We should only have about three more weeks of filming." she said. Katheryn had promised Sebastian that she would come travel around with him for a while after the end of the shoot. It was difficult on both of them to be so far apart.

Katheryn turned right into hotel drive and pulled up in the circle. She grabbed her bag out of the car before handing her keys over to the valet. She took Bas by the hand and walked inside, leading him to the elevator. She didn't want to deliver her news quite yet, but it felt like she was lying to him. Katheryn sighed as the elevator door closed, taking them upwards. "I got a call today from my manager. Another producer called her today with a script for me to read. He wants to offer me another role. The filming would start a week after this film wraps up. I haven't answered yet." she said, not knowing how Bas would take the news. He was usually so supportive, but Kat knew that the distance was killing them both.

The drive was nice. Sebastian alternated between checking out the scenery and checking out his girlfriend. He hadn't seen either one enough that he'd grown tired of the view. As Kat began to tell Sebastian about filming, he settled back and nodded his head. The two had spoken about this time apart, had tried their best to prepare for it. But, the preparation had been for nothing. Knowing he was going to be apart from Kathryn and actually being apart from her were two very different things. At least they'd be together soon. Based on their estimates, Kat would be able to finish filming in time to join him once he reached England. The man couldn't wait to visit Big Ben and Trafalgar Square with his girlfriend. He'd even purchased tickets already to see a show at one of the more famous muggle theatres. The musician had plans. They'd spend their days together, she'd watch him perform at night, and then they'd fall asleep together every night. "Right in time." Sebastian couldn't wait and he grinned at her as they pulled into the valet parking area, grabbing his guitar before taking her hand as they headed inside.

Following Kat as she led him to the elevator, Sebastian was glad that the lobby was empty. So was the elevator as they stepped in. But, something was off. Sebastian could feel a sudden tension fill the air as the elevator moved up, and he squeezed Kat's hand. He didn't have to wait long to find out why. Bas kept his gaze on the door, not wanting Kat to see the pain in his green eyes. He'd been so looking forward to their having a few weeks together, already planning things for it. But, he knew he couldn't be so selfish to tell her to screw her job for a while and just join him even if that was what he really wanted. He'd known what he was getting into when they'd started dating. She'd been a rising star then, and now she was an actress in high demand. "But you're going to say yes, right?" Sebastian asked hesitantly. Their hands were still linked together, her smaller hands with his larger one. As the elevator door opened on their floor, Sebastian stepped out and let out a breath. He had no idea which direction her room was in. "So, how much of that week do I get before you have to be on this new set? I know it's not all seven days" he asked, his jaw clenched. Sebastian knew how this sort of thing worked.

Katheryn bit her lip as the elevator opened. She could see the tension in Bas' shoulders as he asked her if she was going to say yes. "I haven't made up my mind yet. I wanted to talk to you first. I made you promises." Kat said, knowing that he didn't need a reminder. The redhead knew that the role was a good opportunity for her, and it paid very well. Opportunities were abundant for her right now, but they wouldn't be if she refused too many roles. Katheryn didn't want to disappoint Sebastian though. She loved him and hated to be away from him just as much as he hated to be away from her for such long periods of time. Kat followed him out of the elevator, turning right and opening her door. It was a modest suite with a living room area and a separate bedroom.

Katheryn turned around as Bas spoke, hearing the anger in his voice even when he didn't mean for it to be there. She looked as if he had slapped her. "I didn't agree to do it yet." she told him once more. "I would have five days. I told my manager I wasn't sure. That I would need longer than that if I commit to doing it. He's talking with the producers." she said, knowing this wasn't good news for Sebastian. She hated to cause him pain. Kat also hated fighting with him, which they seemed to be doing too much of it these days. "I will say no if you want me too. You are more important than a role in a film." she said sincerely. Katheryn would honor her word if Bas said he wanted her to stay with him.

Sebastian was glad when they arrived in Kat's room right away. He really didn't want to talk about this where anyone could hear, especially if the conversation turned south, which could very well happen. He dropped her hand as he gently put his guitar down. When he looked back up, Bas realized that he had done something wrong. Kat looked as if she had been deeply wounded and her tone and words let him know that he'd overstepped some bounds somewhere between the elevator and the room. He knew he had. As she continued to explain herself, Sebastian felt worse. This distance between them had created a tension that was bound to snap sooner or later. It looked like it was going to be sooner. Sebastian knew he hadn't come to visit her with the intention of getting into an argument, so he forced himself to calm down. They only had a few hours together and he didn't want to waste them arguing when they could be doing other, more entertaining things.

Five days wasn't a long time at all, and Sebastian shut his eyes, rubbing at them furiously with his hands. He knew that wasn't likely to change. Bas also knew he couldn't force her to say no. He knew she'd do it for him. For them. But, Sebastian knew that it would be the beginning of the end of their relationship if he asked that of her. The guilt with forcing her hand in that way would bother Sebastian to no end. Crossing the room to her side, Sebastian took her hand and pulled her towards the loveseat there. He shook his head as he settled down, hoping she'd join him. "Kat...I can't ask that of you" The man's voice was certain. "You have to take the movie. You know you do" he added as he looked up at her. She was beautiful even when she was upset, maybe even especially so though Sebastian was sure he could do without seeing her like this. Sebastian sighed. "Just be prepared to not sleep for the five days we'll have together" a smile crept onto the man's face, "I've got plans for us." Bas sat back, leaning his head back. "You know what would help? A time turner. Do you think your brother can make that happen?" he asked, only half joking.

Katheryn watched Sebastian's expression carefully as he led her over to the loveseat. He made himself comfortable, and she sat down beside him, preparing for an argument. Kat slipped her slender hand into his calloused one. She really didn't like to fight with him, and she knew their time together was slowly ticking down. He would have to leave all too soon to go back to his career, and she had another long day of filming tomorrow. Their jobs seemed to be pulling them in opposite directions these days which was hard for her. She didn't want to give up her career, but she didn't want him to give up his either. How could she when she knew how hard he was working to get back to where he had once been with Ares Moon? Sebastian was so talented, and Kat knew that everyone should get to enjoy that talent like she did.

"I know I do." Katheryn replied as he told her she had to take the movie. It seemed like she was always sacrificing her relationship for her career. He was right though. He wouldn't ask her not to do the movie anymore than she would ask him to give up his tour. Kat would never ask him to choose between his career and her. Who knew what would win out in the end? He seemed resigned, and she understood the feeling all to well. She laid her red head on his shoulder, wanting to be closer to him. She smirked as he told her to be prepared not to sleep. "I'll come fully stocked with wakefulness potions." she teased him lightly, sensing that the fight was dwindling. The actress considered her boyfriend's question. "Probably, but I wouldn't ask it of him. I don't want his ethics to come into question." she said, knowing her brother would do just about anything for family. They were his weakness. Katheryn's blue eyes looked up at Sebastian. "I want to hear all about your tour and how things are going. Then, we can order room service and curl up in bed and watch a movie on the television." she told him with a smile. Tonight was too short to spend their time fighting.

Sebastian figured as much. Kat's brother was an important figure in the magical world, but he had always gotten the sense that the man would throw it all away in an instant if his family asked it of him. Sebastian hadn't spent much time with her brother, but he admired him immensely from the stories he'd heard and the few interactions they had. As he looked into Kathryn's blue eyes, Sebastian was glad that their conversation hadn't devolved into an argument. It definitely had the potential to go that way and things had been extremely difficult and tense between them over the past few weeks, whether it was because of how busy they both were or their lack of closeness, Bas wasn't entirely sure. He suspected it was both with a possible mysterious third reason thrown in the mix. For tonight though, he would count his blessings and enjoy the night. "Sounds like a plan, babe" he agreed, giving her a quick peck on the nose. "I like it when you're bossy" he added, a mischievous grin on his face.

Circling his thumb on her hand, Sebastian thought about the best way to sum up the tour so far. So much had happened in so short a time. Sebastian couldn't even remember what cities he'd been in because it was a different one everyday. This was easily the most intense tour he'd been to, 30 shows in 19 cities. His manager had wanted to get his new music out there. "I was invited to a morning radio show. I think the show starts in about" he glanced at the time and began to calculate the hours. "Oh, about 4 hours from now. Barry told me he's going to quit if I don't get there on time" he added, a smirk on his face. Sebastian was sure that his friend was regretting his decision to take on the position of manager. The guy had been against his coming to America, and Bas was sure there'd be hell to pay when he made it back. "After that, we have a couple of shows in Greece and Italy before we meet up again in London." Sebastian rested his head against his girlfriend's. "The crowds are growing. I think it's going well so far" he added. Sebastian had been so afraid that he had been forgotten or that people wouldn't respond to his new music. It turned out he had nothing to be afraid of. "Do you have any of those wakefulness potions you mentioned? I think I might need one before I leave" he finished with a yawn. Bas usually kept a few handy, but they were locked away in his luggage half a world away.

Katheryn crinkled her nose as Bas touched it with his lips. The actress rolled her eyes and grinned as Sebastian told her he liked it when she was bossy. While Kat wasn't really a bossy person, she had learned to be more assertive over the years as her career had grown. "I suppose I could try to be bossy more often then." the redhead teased her handsome boyfriend. Kat looked Bas over, taking in the slight changes in his appearance, but comforted by the familiarities that she found in his face. She shook her head at him while scooting closer to him as the tension in the room seemed to fade. Katheryn was happy to have this time with him tonight. She listened with interest as he told her about the tour. It was all so very exciting, and she wished she could be there more with him. It was killing her to be so far away, just like she knew it was killing him. She didn't want to miss any of his big moments. Kat wanted to be sitting there, cheering him on, as he accomplished his dreams.

Kat laid her head on his shoulder as he talked with her hand in his. She smiled. "Four hours? We better not waste any of that time then." Katheryn said with a playful smile. She kissed him lightly on his jaw line. She glanced at the clock, mentally calculating the time that Bas would have to leave to make it back. She didn't want to be the cause of any missed meetings. "I have a couple left. I can get you one before you go. It wouldn't do if you fall asleep on the radio. Barry really won't like me then." she teased him. She didn't think that Sebastian's friend really disliked her, but that could change if he didn't arrive on time. "I knew you would be wonderful, Bas. I can't wait to go to the shows." she said, really looking forward to going to the shows. She loved to listen to him play music. Music was something they had first bonded over all those years ago when they were first becoming friends.

Sebastian knew that time had run out for them. He had five minutes to apparate himself to the address for the interview. Still, he couldn't bring himself to get up from Kat's bed. It was comfortable, and he knew he'd get a good night's sleep in it if Kat would let him. But, she was the reason for his reluctance more than anything. "I know. I know. Just one more minute" he murmured as he leaned over and gave Kathryn another kiss. They'd been doing this for the past few minutes. Bas knew it would never be enough. He could and often did get lost with Kat. She had him wrapped around her finger, enraptured. With a groan, he finally pulled away and began gathering himself and his stuff.

The next few moments were rushed, Sebastian gaining enough distance from Kat that he could understand how little time he had. He strived to be professional, and he knew that being late to something like this would be bad for his career. Putting his guitar case on his shoulder, Sebastian turned to look at his girlfriend. "See you in a few days, babe. I love you" he rushed over to her, giving her a final kiss. "Ok, ok. I'm going now" he stated and with another lingering hug, he apparated out of her room with a loud crack, leaving nothing behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back