Time for a Break

Kale Thomas

OOC First Name
Oleg
Kale walked down to the lake with an impassive look glued to his face. He knew just what he had to do, just still not exactly how to do it. This summer had really opened his eyes to what he really wanted and needed; and he felt that he really didn't need to be joined at the hip with Estrella to be happy. He only liked the thought of being in a relationship and the assurance that he had someone else.

Kale stood with his hands in his pockets and kicked a small pebble that plopped into the lake with a tiny splash. He waited impatiently for Estrella to arrive at the lake. His thoughts were eating at him, What if she slaps me? Kale thought to himself with a sigh. He wanted her to get there already so he could cut to the chase and leave.

Estrella made her way down to the lake quite somberly, not exactly sure why. She was going to see Kale, right?

Still, she could not shake off the feeling that something was going to happen. Kale's letter had not had the same warm tone it usually carried- Maybe she was just worrying herself too much? She tried to dull out the pain of nervousness wedged into her stomach.

She smiled weakly as she approached Kale, her dark eyes posessing sadness. You're worrying yourself too much! she scolded herself, not hugging Kale as she usually would. "Hey," she said quietly, her expression not all that entirely happy.

As Estrella walked toward Kale without her normal perkiness, he thought to himself...Does she already know?

His voice seemed to barely allow him to force out a, "Hi.." Kale looked at her for a moment, he hadn't seen her all summer. She looked different to him, he looked different too having grown three more inches which made him stand at an awkward 5'11. Kale sigh, "Estrella..I.." he stopped, afraid that he was going to lose his train of thought and end up just staring at her.

Estrella stared back at Kale with her large eyes, the drawn look on his face making her exhibit even more worry. She noticed that he had grown taller, just as she had, and she said quietly but firmly, "What is it, Kale?"

She swallowed hard, only expecting the worst.

Kale didn't know exactly what he was feeling at that moment, he really just wanted to get what he wanted to say out; but he really still did care about Estrella and her feelings. He looked at her for a moment, his blue eyes scanning her slowly. "I've been thinking a lot these past couple of weeks.." he said quietly, not even having the cofidence to look her in the eye. "Estrella, I think we should take a break." There. I said it. Kale thought to himself, his hands burrying even deeper in to his pockets. He looked at Estrella, waiting to see what was going to happen next.

Estrella felt as if she had been hit in the head by a sledgehammer, her dark gaze becoming one of addled confusion. She had never expected this to actually come, shuddering a bit where she stood, but not enough to look manic. Why would Kale want to do this? Had he found someone else over the summer?

A lump catching in her throat, her eyes fell back to Kale, and she asked sternly, "May I ask why?" She really didn't want to talk, and she had to stop herself from letting any tears come to her eyes, but she wanted to know the answer. Kale had changed more, it seemed, than in height.

Kale felt as if he had just dry swallowed a large pill when he looked at Estrella's expression, he felt like the worlds biggest jerk. They had been together little over a year and he just now had to ruin it. When Estrella asked a question, he took a few seconds before he answered, "I just don't feel like being in anything serious right now.." Kale said solemnly.

Estrella gazed back at Kale for a moment, the pressure of holding in her emotions too great. All of a sudden, she heard something crack loudly in her pocket; reaching in, she pulled out the shattered moonglasses. The rims were twisted and contorted in an unnatural way. Knowing that she had done it, she looked up to Kale, nothing but despair in her eyes. She fought the urge to cuss as she cut her hand on the glasses, shoving them back into her pocket.

The edge of her palm cut and bleeding, she stood there for a moment and then with an acknowledging nod that pained her immensely, she turned on her heel and swiftly strolled away, her only destination Ravenclaw tower. She couldn't let anyone see her crying, although she felt as if she was going to explode.

Kale bit his lip when Estrella just stared at him, he didn't know what to say to her. When she turned around and started to walk away he stood there for a moment at loss for words...he was overwhelmed with emotions and only wanted to be alone now.

Kale looked out into the lake, quickly he bent over and picked up a stone...he threw it into the water and it skipped the surface about six feet. Its over.

After a few long minutes, he turned around and started to walk in the direction of the dungeons. He really need to think, maybe quidditch would help him sort his thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back