Time by the Lake.

"You may wish you had a family like mine but I wish I had a family. I never see my dad anymore." Shaylah hadn't seen her dad since she left for Hogwarts and he had stopped writing to her.

"I'm sorry." Adam had never thought of it that way. "You must miss him greatly."

Shaylah could feel tears coming to her eyes. She held it in though. She was a strong person and she didn't like it when people saw her cry. She saw it as a weakness. "Yeah, I do. He had been dragged away on a trip when I was due to leave for Hogwarts. He managed to get back to New Zealand five minutes before the train left and I haven't seen him since." So far, Jay had been on trips for the Brightstone weekends so he didn't manage to get the chance to see Shaylah there and she had no idea why the letters had stopped. It had been five weeks since the last letter.

Adam saw Shaylah's eyes get shiny. "I'm sure it was for good reason." He wanted to try and comfort her but he was a guy and it was hard for him. "It's probably because of something important you know, not that your not important." He slapped his head this wasn't going well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back