Three, Two, One, Go!

Henri Keto

OOC First Name
Teigan
Henri Keto wasn't really what you would call an "avid fan" of Quidditch, though he did enjoy the game. Many times people have asked him who his favourite team was, and considering he didn't have one, it was a hard to answer it. Most often he found that he liked to root for the underdogs. At present, he was at a Quidditch game because he had been invited to one. It was fun to go out with friends, though in all honesty he may not have actually expected Jeremy to invite him out, but he was happy none the less. Henri wasn't sure what teams were playing tonight, but he was going for the ones that weren't picked to win. He found that he gained great joy when they actually did win and no one was expecting it. Of course that happened very rarely. These days it was even rarer. Back in Finland, he'd never seen a live game before, he always had to watch them at home with his mother and father. That was fine though, he often enjoyed the family bonding, which reminded him that he should probably contact his mother, he hadn't spoken to her in a while, so she was probably freaking out. She did that when she didn't hear from him in a few weeks. His father was less like that, being a ministry official and all. He did a lot of international work, so he was used to being away, maybe all that travelling had latched onto Henri, so that he would travel. Though admittedly, he and Kellin had been in New Zealand for just under a year now and they had no plans to leave. Whether that was a good thing or a bad thing, remained to be seen. "Just one thanks- actually make it two. One with everything, the other with the stuff on the side." Henri said as he walked up to the counter. He'd wandered up here to buy chips for just himself, but second thoughts told him, he should at least thank Jeremy for the invitation.

Henri paid for the food, which of course had taken little to no time to make, he loved magic sometimes, and made his way back to where he had been sitting with Jeremy. "Hey man, got you some chips, but I didn't know what you'd like, so I got them to do everything, but its just on the side." He said as he plonked down on the bench beside him. Sometimes Henri was really glad that he'd come to New Zealand, travelling itself was a blast, but New Zealand just held the kind of brilliance you didn't get at many other places. It was a rather homely feel at times and Henri had to wonder why anybody would ever leave here, but then he realised that people had and would ask him the same about his home. Finland had some appeal to certain types of people, but after spending eighteen years of his life there and no-where else, he had decided that he needed a change and it seemed that New Zealand was the place to go. Of course he and Kellin had travelled the world for just over two years before settling in New Zealand, but Kellin and Henri were both starting to feel the itch to move again, or at least continue on their travels. They'd yet to get to Australia and Africa and they still had some of the European countries to traverse as well, which surely would be a load of fun. "Whose winning?" He asked as he took a bite of his chips, before looking over at Jeremy. The man with the eyes. Man, he really had to stop that.

As he sat in his seat, people all around him, Jeremy knew he'd made the right decision in coming out tonight. For the past few weeks, he'd been at home, his nose in his textbooks, studying for the exams that would allow him to continue onto his specialty training in the hospital. His stress levels had been extremely high, so high that his supervisor had forced the pair of quidditch tickets into his hands two nights ago, threatening to give him a bad reference if he didn't take a breather and go the game. Jeremy would have to thank the man when he returned to the hospital for his overnight shift on Friday. Really, now that he was out of the house, watching his favorite sport playing out, Jeremy felt like he could turn off a part of his brain for the night. And, he had for the most part. It had been nearly an hour since he'd thought about work-related things. "Yes!" he cried out, jumping from his seat and clapping hands with the stranger to his left as the Macaws scored. Jeremy wasn't a really big Macaws fan, his team was the Finches, but he was a much bigger fan of the hometown team than he was of the team they were playing - the Warriors. The Warriors were extremely overrated in his eyes. Sitting again as the Warriors took possession, Jeremy glanced towards the steps wondering how much longer Henri was going to be. Inviting him had been a no-brainer really. Briar and Faxen were busy, and Jeremy really didn't have many other friends. The parchment that Henri had written his number on had been on his desk, calling out to him. And, he hadn't wasted any time in taking his phone out and texting Henri just like Faxen had shown him.

"Ooooh..." Jeremy moaned with the crowd as one of the Macaw Chasers took a nasty bludger hit. That he had remained on his broom was extremely impressive. Jeremy knew. He'd taken hits half as hard and had been unseated from his broom on numerous occasions. Jeremy smiled as Henri re-joined him, appreciative for the food that the man had brought him. "I like it all" Jeremy said with a laugh as he took the carton offered to him. "Thanks, Henri" he stated before quickly dunking a chip into some ketchup and scarfing it. Jeremy's eyes had drifted back to the game, but he turned his attention back to Henri to give him a quick rundown. "The Macaws scored twice in a row, and I think the Warriors are already starting to get desperate" he stated with an eye roll, "they seem to be targeting that Chaser over there who coincidentally was the one to score both goals." He pointed to the center of the field with a chip before popping it into his mouth. A man in a Warriors jersey seated a few rows ahead turned and glared at Jeremy for his observations, but he didn't even notice. Turning his attention back to the game, Jeremy watched as the Chaser he'd been talking about dodged another bludger. The Beaters were going to connect again sooner or later. He thought they were going about it wrong. Even though the man had scored twice, Jeremy knew from what he'd read in the papers that the man usually wasn't that good. They were probably wasting their time and energy attempting to take him out. As their Chaser tried and failed to score, Jeremy looked back over at Henri. "You're not a Warriors fan, are you?" Jeremy asked, hoping he hadn't offended the man by talking badly about his team.

Henri nodded at Jeremy and tucked into his chips. He did rather like chips. They weren't his favourite food. That honour of course went to Sushi, he really loved sushi. He watched the game as the commentators tried to keep up with the fast pace. Henri was glad that Jeremy was enjoying himself. It was just as much fun to watch a friend enjoy themselves as enjoying the game himself. That was always what he always believed. Mostly it was because he lived in a small town. He had no siblings, though he often thought that Kellin's little sister was exactly the kind of sister he would have wanted. That was if he actually wanted a sister, which he actually didn't mostly because he had both Kellin and Rika. He shook his head and stuffed more chips in his mouth, trying to look as graceful as he could eating chips with everything on it. Henri nodded at Jeremy as he gave him the low down on what was happening in the game. It made sense he guessed. He had no innate desire for either team to win specifically, though he usually liked to go for the underdogs, which, at this point in time seemed to be the warriors. He smiled, well now he knew which team he would be going for. He looked over at the man who was glaring at Jeremy and smirked slightly, whispering a small hex into his hand wandlessly, that made the man yelp. He looked over at Henri who quickly turned his eyes back to the game and shook his head at the man's glare, although it atleast got him to get up and move and that was all Henri wanted really. He didn't like people glaring at his friends. Curse his protective streak. It came from being friends with Kellin. He always had to watch out for him.

Henri looked back to Jeremy and shrugged. "Not especially. I mean, I am rooting for them at this point, but only because I like to root for the underdog, so talk them down as much as you want, I'm that that interested in the teams as such, just the game." He laughed, leaning back in his chair and sliding forward slightly. It made it easier to see the game in the air and see his food at the same time. Putting his legs up on the back of one of the seats that held a child, Henri grinned as the young boy who turned around and looked at him. Henri winked and conjured a toy for the kid and tossed it to him. The parents, well whom he assumed were the parents, didn't seem to mind it, or they weren't paying attention. The kid turned back around and Henri went back to watching the game and winced as one of the Chasers for the warrior's got hit with a bludger and nearly fell of his broom, but Henri was delighted that he was able to save himself. That Beater has an arm! "I could never play Quidditch," Henri told Jeremy, "I don't like pain, I think I have a very low pin tolerance, like seriously, paper cut kills me." He laughed slightly. He was being rather dramatic, but it was the sort of mood.

Jeremy was oblivious to what Henri was doing as he watched the game, shoveling chips into his mouth. He mirrored Henri’s position, sliding himself further down into the seat that he occupied as his attention was drawn back to the game. He winced as one of the Chasers took a nasty shot. This game was really going to come down to whether or not the bludgers took the Chasers out of the game. It seemed like the Beaters were trying their hardest to make sure that happened. This was one of the more violent games that Jeremy had seen in a while, and he couldn’t help but wondering if a fight would break out before it ended. Glancing at Henri as he spoke, Jeremy let out a soft chuckle. “I’ve heard that paper cuts can be really deadly” he said, a laugh in his voice. “I used to play, believe it or not. Back in school, of course. I was never good enough to even consider going professional” Jeremy told Henri, leaving out the fact that he had been the team’s Captain for a couple of seasons. It was typical Jeremy to downplay his own skills. He never had been the type of person to talk about himself very much.

Turning his attention back to the game, Jeremy watched in silence, his head whipping back and forth to follow the gameplay. When a time out was called a few moments later, Jeremy glanced down at his lap to see that all of the chips on the plate had disappeared. Damn, he thought to himself. “ Good game so far, right?” Jeremy asked. “Thanks for coming with. I hate going to games alone. It’s not the same when you don’t have someone to talk to.” Jeremy smiled. He and Henri didn’t know each other all that well, but they’d had a decent time together at the club that one time, and he seemed like a decent fellow. “So what have you been up to lately?” he asked, sincerely wondering what people his age did. Jeremy knew that what he did – study, work, sleep, and repeat- wasn’t true for others. He knew that some people strived to have a social life, something that he often thought about but very rarely acted on.

Sorry about the wait my dear. Hope this is okay :wub:

Henri grinned at Jeremy as he spoke before pouting slightly. "Of course they're deadly, paper cut could get infected and stuff..." He broke off and laughed. Jeremy was a healer, he would undoubtedly know a lot more about all of this then Henri would, he was only a model after all, what would he know really? Henri slid back up in his chair and watched the game as it continued. Henri had to admit, he wasn't that surprised that Jeremy would have played Quidditch, he sort of had the build for it. If he had to guess, and he was extremely good at guessing, he would say that Jeremy had been Chaser, he kind of had the arms to suggest such a profession. Henri tilted his head slightly and surveyed his friend. He had a cheeky gleam in his eye."You might be surprised to know, but I'm really not all that surprised. Seriously Jeremy, you have the body for it. Chaser, right?" Henri may not know much about healing, but his eye for this was top notch. He could tell a woman's dress size just by looking at her. He grinned. "To bad you didn't decide to go professional, I could be watching you right now." Oops, did that sound like flirting? Oh who cares, he's attractive, what the hell right? Henri looked back to the game and sucked in a breath as one of the Seeker's nearly had his arm taken off. Damn, that looked like it hurt. Henri had to admit that he was glad he had never played Quidditch, he would have died, he was too pretty to be hit in the face with a Bludger or something. He liked his unscarred, unbruised body the way it was, thank-you very much. That poor Seeker was going to have to be more careful if he wanted to keep that arm in good working order. This game was so violent, Henri loved it.

Henri nodded at Jeremy's question and kept his eyes on the game. "I wasn't really expecting to get this into it, to be honest. I'm more then a little surprised actually." He admitted, continuing to watch the game and picking at his chips as he did so. He actually didn't want them now, he was too engrossed in the game and he shouldn't much be eating them anyway to be honest he had to watch his figure he had a photo shoot next week. "Oh, not at all, thanks for inviting me. I've never really been to a game before, so I'm pretty happy with the way things are going." He said, having turned around to look at Jeremy. He was going to turn back to the game, when Jeremy spoke again. Henri shrugged. He had mostly just been working, and if he wasn't working, he was helping Kellin and if he wasn't doing that, mostly he was sleeping, sleeping was good for a model, especially when he needed that special bedraggled, 'i just got out of bed' look. "Hm, well, not much to be honest, mostly I've just been working. If I'm not working though, I'm either sleeping, which I really don't get enough of, or I'm helping Kellin with whatever the hell he decides to do that day. What about you?" Henri said, leaning back in his chair again. Stretching, he looked down at his chips and gestured to them. "You want them? I shouldn't eat anymore, my manager would kill me." He winced at the thought of the lecture he would get from that woman. Man, she was such a crusher. Henri would do anything not to incur her wrath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back