OOC First Name
Mia
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
🏳️‍🌈Cas, 🏳️‍🌈Gay🏳️‍🌈
Wand
Curly 12.5" Flexible Chestnut with Mermaid Scale Core
Why had linden signed up for bland dates. he already had a date of his own and had spent the whole day yesterday and most of today with alexei trying to cheer him up and prove that he did still love him. what mood had he been caught in to offer to sign up to got to the ball with a girl he probably didn't know just because the brotherhood had had less sign ups than the sisterhood and he didn't want to let his brothers down. as soon as he had seen his partner he had gone to find her. he had intended to say that he didn't want to go with her. to explain that he couldn't go with her. but it was too late. as soon as he found her he realised that the couldn't do it. it would hurt he to be rejected on a blind date with someone she didn't know. instead when he had found her he had introduced himself and explained that he was looking forward to going to the ball with her. but also making it clear that it would be as friends and not a date.
right now the fourth year was standing in the common room waiting for the girl to arrive. as he waited he methodically patted down his pockets. wand, check. flower, check, spare puffer for alexei in case he over danced and didn't bring his, check. he felt himself drop a couple of pegs as he thought about alexei. his gaxe flicked around the common room in case he was still there but she had known he wouldn't be. he looked up towards the girls stairs hoping that ana would be here soon so he could get out of here and head downstairs. thety had picked the common room to meet up as it would be less crowded so they could make it to the ball without losing each other in a big crowd. but richer now he wanted to be lost.

@Ana Sofia Burleigh

Ana Sofia had quite enjoyed the blind thing ding the sorority had organised last year, glad she had gotten a friend out of it. Which was exactly what her aim had been. It was also what her aim was when signing up to be partnered with a random person again this year. She didn't feel like she was old enough for any type of romance anyways or perhaps it was because she wouldn't even know how any of that works. She was only thirteen after all. The boy she had been paired up seemed nice enough though and she had been a little relieved when he had mentioned not looking for anything other than going with a possible friend. It was good to know they were on the same wavelength at the very least. After getting herself ready Ana almost skipped down the stairs, ready to head to the festivities. "Hi!" She gave Linden a little wave when she noticed him as she made her way from her dorm into the common room, although she couldn't help but to notice he looked a little.. off. Like he was thinking about something serious. She didn't really know the boy so she didn't want to pry just yet, especially not since they hadn't even left the common room, but she was sure it would happen sooner or later. She wasn't someone who could ignore something like that anyways. "I like your blazer, the purple is cool." Ana shot him a friendly smile, genuinely meaning what she said. Her dad had always taught her to be polite but she wasn't one to give compliments when she didn't mean them. That wouldn't feel right.

linden heard the footsteps on the stairs before he saw her. she wasn't the first girl he had watched descend the stairs. but with every set of footsteps, he had looked and there had been a tide of girls coming down in pretty dresses. When he had seen ana descending he took a deep breath and plastered a smile on his face. he may be regretting signing up for the dates but he knew he shouldn't take it out on ana. no, he was going to be a proper gentleman. "hello, you are looking lovely tonight" he said offering a hand towards her though he wasn't sure what he was meant to be doing with it.
as Ana said that she liked the blazer because it was purple he chuckled. "thanks i will admit I thought it was black until I got it here and took it out of the trunk by then it was too late" he said. willow had picked him up the suit from the charity shop. it was a good habit they had wills enjoyed looking though the clothes in those shops finding quirky outfits. he didn't really. but hr liked the results of her shopping, at least most of the time. "should we go down?" he asked bu continued talking before he got an answer "but not before I give you the flowers I got for you" he said. offering the corsage to here hoped she would like it. he had picked a yellow flower because they were both in Hufflepuff. he had been going to give her a sunflower until he remembered that that was the first flower alexei had given him. and he was not going to mess with that.

Ana Sofia gave a little twirl when Linden complimented her, quite pleased with her dress. She knew some of the girls would come out in these big fancy dresses and whilst she loved admiring those it just didn't seem like something for her. At least not yet. She'd much rather wear something fun, something she could easily move in as she was bound to head for the dancefloor sooner of later. There was plenty of time to wear fancy dresses when she got older anyways. "Thanks." She smiled when she turned back into position after her twirl, chuckling when Linden mentioned he had thought the blazer had been another colour. Black was nice and elegant, sure, but she felt like the purple was a bit more of a statement and she could appreciate that. "Black blazers are overrated anyways." Ana joked with a small shake of her head. Obviously there was nothing wrong with a black blazer. Coloured ones just seemed like a whole lot more fun. She was about to nod in agreement about heading down to the great hall when he produced the corsage. "Oh, it's so pretty!" She responded with a slight tone of surprise as she took the corsage from him, admiring the flower for a second before looking back up at the boy. "Thank you." Ana smiled at him. Her initial response would've been to say he didn't have to, because he really didn't, but that almost felt like being rude after how properly mannered he was behaving. "We should definitely head out, yeah." She still answered his question afterwards, heading for the common room door before turning her head to see if he was actually coming. "What do think, snacks first?"

Linden was glad that ana seemed to be enjoying herself. maybe he could just be himself and have a fun evening hangingout making a friend. he didn't have to do any more formalities that came along with a date. they were all over. well other than holding her hand or arm as they entered. it seemed that she didn't want her hand held at least not yet and he was glad forthat quickly moving to catch up with her as she strode her way out of the common room. "snacks will be a good place to start. pigs in blankets are one of the best things about Christmas". he said as they made their way down the stars. he did usually eat less meat than the rest of his family. it wasn't hard living withtwo werewolves, but that didn't mean that he didn't have his favourites.
four flights was a long way to go in silence. so he paused for thought on how to start a conversation "do you have any plans for the holiday?" he asked not the most original topic. but something safe to at least get a conversation moving.

Ana Sofia didn't really know Linden, but so far he seemed like a nice person to be around which made her a little more confident that tonight could be fun. If she had managed to make a friend through the blind dates last year than surely she might be able to do the same this time around. "Honestly, I always start at the snacks. And then regret that when I go dancing." She chuckled, nodding approvingly when Linden mentioned pigs in blankets. It didn't really matter what sort of snacks there'd be though as she was sure everything would be extremely nice. The house elves always tried their best and she thoroughly appreciated them for it. "Not really." Ana shook her head when Linden asked her about her holiday plans. "My dad might have to go on a trip so I'm still waiting to hear whether my sister and I will have to stay at school." She added with a small smile. She knew her dad always tried to plan as much of his trips when they were at school but it didn't always work and even though she wouldn't blame him if she did have to stay at school, it would still be a little disappointing. "Are you doing anything interesting?" Ana asked as they continued to make their way down the stairs, the noise coming from the great hall becoming more and more clear as they did.

linden chuckled. you dont have to go dancingright away after eating, we could aways sit for a few minutes and watch people and admire the decorations and talk"[/b] he said. as they reached another flight of stairs. as ana said that she may have to stay at school he frowned and nodded. he wouldnt like staying at school over the break. it would mean he wouldnt get to see ivy, willow, his dad, or bjorn (and not necesserily in that order). "What does your dad do? could he take you with him?" he asked. his dad often took him and willow outwhen he went fishing. mostly willow as she prefered it and he was happier at him or with his aunt. but they had had some good times out on that boat.
when the question came back to him he shugged. "nothing too exciting. I am going back home. so i get to see Bjorn, ivy willow, and my dad again" he said though the excitment in his vpice showed how much he was looking forward to seeing his dog, sisters and dad. "we usually have a big family christmas have a barbeque and play quicket in the padock out back" he said refering to a sport that was mixed between quidditch and cricket. where some of the feilders were on brooms. it was always a fun time relaxing and spendingtime with his family.
they had now reached the top of the stairs he offered her his arm totake. not that he thought she neede it she had managed the last few flights fine. but it was a polite thing to do. and he had promiced himself that he would at least do all of the kthings that a gentleman should do.

Ana Sofia laughed at Linden's response, giving a little nod. She loved the snacks at the hogwarts parties but as soon as she felt like she had stuffed herself with enough of those she'd usually make her way over to the dancefloor. Jumping around right after that never made her stomach too happy though, so even if she might be itching to dance when the time was there sitting down for a short while before that seemed like a logical plan. "He's a magizoologist." She answered his question with a smile, before giving a little shrug. "He was talking about possibly needing to go and help one of his friends, so having two kids tag along might not be the best idea." Ana chuckled softly. Her dad had always promised to take them on some of his trips when they were older, but the way he had talked about this one didn't make it seem like it would be suitable for Ana and her sister to come along. "Ooh, that sounds nice." She nodded when Linden told her his own plans for the holiday. Spending time with family was always a plus in her own book, which was why it would be a bummer if she wouldn't be able to spend christmas with her dad.

"Thanks." She smiled when he offered her his arm for the last set of stairs they had to walk down, figuring it would be rude to decline. One thing she had noticed for sure by now was that Linden had definitely been raised to mind his manners in situations like this, which was enviable. "Do you usually hang out with friends as well during the break?" Ana asked when they had gotten down the stairs and were heading for the hall. "Like your teammates from quidditch or, like.. other friends?" She asked, knowing at least for a fact that he was part of the quidditch team. She was also trying to subtly work up to something she actually wanted to ask, something she had been curious about after their first introductions when they had made plans for tonight. She still didn't want to pry but sometimes she couldn't exactly help herself. Even more so when she had been willing to ask him about someone in particular, figure out if her assumptions had been right which would explain why he might've looked off when he was waiting for her in the common room.

linden stopped short on the stairs as ana said that her dad was a magizoologist. "No way. that is what I want to do when I am older, he doesn't happen to want three kids trailing along with him" he said. joking at the end. he wasn't inviting himself to what was practically a stranger's house for Christmas.
he shook his head as they made their way down the last stairs. "no the team doesn't hang out much off the pitch" he said it was a shame. it is what he had missed about his old soccer team when he had come to the school and what he was trying to do when he joined the team. "I work at the menagerie so often hang out with Lysander there. and the last few holidays a group of us have gone to the park as a doggy play date" he said. the dogs couldn't have been more different Bjorn was the biggest being a kelpie cross cattle dog. then Lysanders odie was a krup and then there was Igor alexei's of fat pug.
by now they had reached the bottom of the stairs and were making their way inside the hall. he let go of her arm as he looked around. he knew it had been the right thing to do. but he was pretty sure the tradition came so he could keep holding her hand. except he didn't want to keep holding her hand, it would be too weird and now seemed like the right time to let go. "the decorations are always so beautiful" he commented looking up at the sky decorated with stars and falling snow and the trees and walls made it feal like they were walking into a winter wonderland.

Ana Sofia chuckled after Linden stopped walking when she mentioned what her dad did for a job. "I don't think so, it didn't sound like casual trip." She replied with a soft laugh. It didn't specifically surprise her when people she spoke to liked her dad's job or thought it was cool, she thought it was pretty cool herself, but she hadn't met someone yet who actually wanted to be a magizoologist when they grew up. She nodded when he mentioned their quidditch team didn't hang out too much outside of quidditch. It seemed like a shame, really, to have such a group of people to bond with and then end up not really doing that. "That sounds fun! What kind of dog do you have?" She smiled when he mentioned his work and doggy play dates. She had dogs herself so she was always glad when meeting other kids who liked dogs, but the thought of hanging out with people and having their dogs hang out at the same time had never really occured to her. "Right? I admire the effort they always put into it." Ana nodded in agreement when Linden mentioned the decorations as they entered the hall. Still, she still wasn't able to shake her curiousity about the direction in which she had tried to steer the conversation before. "So why did you sign up for the blind dates?" She asked as they walked further into the hall. "I mean I know some of the older students are looking for, like, serious dates but you obviously weren't."

lindne wasnt sue if ana had realised that he hadn't been serious about joining them as her response came. "I was joking" he said. if he had wanted to tag along with a magizoologist he would ask pip. he had and had not been asked to tag along yet, or rather not been asked to tag along to anything more exciting than the sanctuary yet.
ana seemed interested In the dogs and he knew why. he loved his dod too. that wasn't interesting about them. "Bjorn, he is a rescue dog so we don know for sure but are fairly sure he is a kelpie cross blue healer." he said.
ana's next question was one that he had been rehersing an answerto in his head fo the last few weeks. rehersing the answer as he had had to tell alexai and that had not been an easy conversation. how did you tell your boyfriend that you werent going to go to the ball with him because you were being assigned a girl to go with. "i was in the brotherhood and they were talking about how there were a lot more girls signing up than boys. and how some of the girls may not get a proper partner. so i signed up. the hard part was telling alexei even though he had already said that he hadnt particually wantedto go to to the dance. mince pie?" he said. answering the question that he could tell she was itching to ask as well as the one that she had asked. by now they had reached the food tables and he had grabed them each a plate and was starting to load food onto his and was offering her one of the small sweets. subconciously directing the beam of focus a little away from himself, not that he was ashamed of alexei or that they were a secret but more the fact that he wasn't like his sister or mum he didnt relish the spotlight. he just was happy getting along with things and doing what he did, much more like his dad.

Ana Sofia giggled when Linden said he had been joking. "I got that." She responded with a little nod, before nodding when he mentioned his dog. She liked to ask people what sort of dogs they had but once she did it always made her incredibly aware of how much her knowledge about regular animals lacked in contrast to what she knew about magical creatures. "I have no idea what that looks like but I'm sure he's super cute." She smiled, a little biased because she practically found every single dog she came across cute. Even the ones others would call ugly or scary. There was always something that made them seem loveable to her. Ana listened curiously when Linden started answering her question regarding the dates. "That's very noble of you." She mentioned when he talked about signing up because he overheard people mentioning the sign ups were way off. The last part of his answer was what she had been looking for in particular though. Now that she knew who Linden was she could clearly recall seeing him hanging around the common room with another boy and they always seemed quite close, which had made her wonder if there was something going on there and if he was why he wouldn't be here with him. "Is Alexei the dark haired boy?" She asked carefully after nodding when he offered her a mince pie and held out the plate he'd grabbed for her. "Is he your boyfriend?" Ana added with a small smile, hoping he wouldn't mind her prying a bit even if he already seemed to want to steer away from this particular topic. She just wanted to know. Needed to know. If he said yes she would be set on finding the other boy, dragging Linden right over to him even if that meant going back up towards the common room if he really hadn't come to the dance.

linden smiled as ana seemed enthusiastic about bjorn. he nodded. "the two breeds are both Australian cattle herding dogs with short fur. so he isn't puppy cute but you can't help love him. he is even more loyal than a krup. do you have any pets?" he said wanting to get to know a bit more about her.
he chuckled as his new friend said that it was noble of him to sign up for the dates to help the brotherhood out. "We are Hufflepuff. we are meant to be loyal, self-sacrificing, and value fairness. we can't let Gryffindor get all the good attributes" he said. his mind thinking of bravery, nobility. he continued to load food onto his plate, pigs in blankets, some turkey sandwiches with cranberry source, and a mint shortbread that looked like a Christmas tree. "Ana, half the boys in the school have dark hair." he said teasing her slightly. he had dark hair, Alexei did have dark hair bit so did Lysander, Wendall and Lucas who he also hung out with. "yes Alexei is my boyfriend" he said as clearly and proudly as he could, though recently things with alexei had not been as fun as they were before he was fairly sure it was just owls and quidditch that was giving them both extra burdens.

Ana Sofia listened intently as Linden described his dog, grinning when he said it'd be hard for someone not to love him. Knowing herself, she probably would still call it cute if she ever saw the dog anyways. "Two golden retrievers. One of them is pretty old, the others just a few years." She smiled at the thought of her own pets, still missing them a little bit when she thought about them whilst being at school. "Oh and there's a couple of creatures but I don't think those count as either mine or as pets." She added. They were her dad's to look after obviously, but she spend enough time around them that she'd like to think of them as unoficially hers a bit as well. Ana nodded in agreement with what he said about hufflepuff, chuckling when he mentioned gryffindor. She tried to give Linden a stern look when he joked about a whole bunch of boys in the school had dark hair, failry certain he knew who she was hinting at. Her look probably didn't work that well anyways as she didn't think anyone would ever be intimidated by her at all. "Is he here?" Ana asked, looking around to see if she could spot the boy anywhere. It'd be a hard thing to do since she didn't know him and only vaguely recalled what he looked like, if she even had the right person in mind, but if he was here she was set on finding him. "Because as much as I appreciate you being here with me there's no way you're not going to spend time with him tonight." She looked at Linden. Him signing up to the blind dates thing because they needed boys and then showing up to hang out with her tonight was a kind gesture and one she genuinely appreciated, but if his boyfriend was anywhere around here she wasn't going to make him keep spending time with her.

at the mention of different kinds of dogs linden couldn't help but picture them. golden retrievers were always adorable and often the old dogs were more adorable than puppies. "I bet they are all gorgeous" he said. before ana mentioned that there were some other creatures in her family too. "Ooh what like?" he asked. he had had magical creatures in and around their property when he was growing up. ones that his mum had rescued, or that needed rehoming as they were getting attention from muggles but none of them ever stayed around long. most went to the sanctuary, others were released into the wild. a few had passed away as they were too injured to be rehomed. a few had stuck around for longer but not many.
truth be told linden found the conversation with ana a lot easier than he had expected. he hadn't thought of bonding over animals with the girl. and it was easy to keep the conversation going with her as they filled up their plates with delicious delicacies. he looked at her just about suggesting that they find somewhere to sit and eat when he caught her eye, the expression on her face was a challenge. daring him to oppose her a look he knew all too well from willow, usually seen when his sister argued with his mum. "he isn't here" he said as if that would be enough for her to give up even though he knew that it wouldn't be. "now let's sit down and eat this food while you tell me a bit about yourself such as what do you like doing in your free time?"

Ana Sofia nodded excitedly when Linden's response to her own pets. They were gorgeous. And cute. And sweet. And pretty much all of the positive words she could think of. Considering she was only thirteen they had been part of her life for quite a while and she loved them a lot. "At the moment it's just a few mooncalves." She answered his question, although she wasn't sure whether there might already be some other creatures as well. Her dad hadn't mentioned any in his letters so she didn't think so, but at the same time he had a habit of forgetting to mention stuff like that. "One of my dad's friends rescued them so he's just looking after them untill they're well enough to go somewhere else." Ana smiled. She liked the mooncalves and would be sad to see them leave after a little while but at the same time she knew that would be the best for them.

Considering she had managed to make a friend at her blind date last year Ana was starting to feel quite confident that tonight might have exactly the same outcome, which would be nice. She pouted a little when Linden mentioned his boyfriend wasn't here, feeling as if he wasn't keen on discussing the subject any further which made her struggle a little about what to do. She still wanted to drag him over to wherever his boyrfriend was, but at the same time she didn't want to ruin his fun. If he was having fun. "Is he back in the common room? Do you wanna go there? I promise that if you say no I'll stop asking." She said, even though she was already following him over to one of the tables where they could sit. It seemed likely he wasn't going to run off to see his boyfriend because if he wanted to he might've just already headed off the moment she implied he needed to spend time with him. "I paint." Ana eventually answered his question when they sat down. "Pretty much anything. Clothes, flower pots, notebooks." She chuckled. "I mean I also like other creative stuff, I've helped one of my friend with her halloween costume last year and made her something to carry her plant around in. But painting's my favourite."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back