This will be a hoot

Hemi Te Rua

OOC First Name
Ru
Wand
Curved 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Vine Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core

It was such a beautiful, sunny morning. The sunshine gave Hemi high hopes for the day, influencing him to eat his breakfast outdoors where he could fully appreciate the warm weather (not that the Great Hall felt indoors with the enchanted ceiling). He briefly occupied the Great Hall to make himself a sandwich consisting of two pieces of toast, a generous serve of bacon, topped off with a disgusting amount of tomato ketchup. Satisfied with his creation, Hemi made hast for the Hogwarts grounds.

He stepped outside and stretched out both arms, one outstretched hand holding his glorious bacon sandwich. Satisfied with the stretch, he was about to take that first holy bite he so longed for, when he felt a sharp scratch on his wrist as an owl tried to grab said sandwich!

Normally a person would let go of the food and prepare another, but Hemi was far too stubborn to let such a marvellous bacon sandwich out of his grip. "Oh no you don't!" He grit his teeth, pulling back on the sandwich and shortly finding himself in a tug of war with an owl!

Despite spending a whole semester of her first year at Hogwarts exploring the castle inside and out, there was still so much more to discover. Charlotte knew that she'd probably never be able to find out everything about the place in the seven years that she will attend it as it was such a big place that was full of so many things but that didn't stop her from being extremely determined to at least try. Finding out about at least half of the place in detail was her ultimate goal for the next six and a half years and the next place that she was going to explore was the courtyard.

The morning sun shone brightly over the castle and Charlotte was quite disappointed that she had never been to the courtyard before. She had of course walked through it a couple of times to get to classes but she had never actually tried to know the place properly. In Charlotte's opinion, the courtyard looked beautiful and she made herself a mental note that she should probably spend more time out there.

Skipping along, Charlotte heard commotion and an aggravated voice. She turned around to find a familiar friend fighting over a sandwich with an owl. She laughed loudly, holding onto her stomach and almost fell onto the floor. She had to use a nearby tree for support as she struggled to keep herself together. She had never seen anything so funny. "Do you need some help there?" she called over, chuckling. "I really wouldn't eat that if I were you." All of a sudden she lost it and was rolling on the stone floor laughing with everything she had. It was not the slightest bit funny but Charlotte was full of too much energy this morning to consider the fact that she was probably embarrassing herself right now. Sometimes she just needed to control herself.

Hemi had met his match with this creature. It was relentless as the battle of bacon sandwich continued and only stopped when he swung his free arm at the owl to hit it that it flew off. That's right, Hemi punched an owl. What of it? It meant he won the battle, his prize a dishevelled sandwich he was never going to eat and some wounds - scratches across his hand and forearm.

It occurred to him that someone was laughing hysterically at the scene. He looked around and saw his pal, Charlotte. "No, I won't eat it now." He replied to her suggestion, dropping the remains of his bacon sandwich on the ground and walking over to her. His fight with an owl had been funny but Hemi wasn't laughing hysterically like the Slytherin's was, although he probably would if he witnessed someone else in the same setting. "What a waste of a good snack." He laughed and shook his head. If only there was somewhere he could make another...

When Charlotte finally caught her breath, she stood up as Hemi acknowledged her. She nodded and sent him a smirk when agreed with her not to eat it but soon frowned at him as she realised that now he had no breakfast and was probably looking forward to the sandwich that Charlotte had now made him throw away. "Stay here! I'll be back!" she exclaimed, quickly hurrying back inside the castle to make another sandwich.

Not soon after, she was running toward Hemi with a sandwich in hand. It wasn't as good as the original but she still hoped that he would like it nonetheless. "Here, eat this." she told him, shoving it into his hand. "I tried to make it the same." She shrugged but encouraged him to eat it anyway. She didn't like hurting people's feelings and eating the newly prepared sandwich was better than spending the day on an empty stomach.

Hemi waited as Charlotte asked although he wasn't exactly sure why. He used the time to examine the scratches on his hand and arm from the owl, they hurt but weren't deep enough for him to bother the Hospital Wing with. He rolled down his shirt to avoid Charlotte noticing them and just in the nick of time as she emerged with another sandwich.

His eyes lit up and he took the most enormous bite. "Fank foo!" He said with mouth full. Quickly swallowing he corrected himself. "Thanks!" This was shaping up to be a pretty good day!

Charlotte beamed when Hemi took the sandwich gladly. She felt proud of herself that she had cheered him up. "You're welcome!" she exclaimed as she watched Hemi eat his sandwich happily. "Are you OK now? I guess you don't like owls anymore after that." She chuckled. He probably had such a traumatic experience just then that he now has some type of hatred towards owls. She wondered if it was possible to have a fear towards owls and laughed at the thought. She had never seen someone afraid of owls before and if anyone ever did have a fear of owls then Charlotte felt very sorry for them.

"You're a good friend." she added, patting him on the back. She hoped that Hemi felt the same way. After all, she did just go through the trouble to make him another sandwhich.

Hemi laughed, "No, I think owls are alright still, apart from that one!" He eyed the sky for the owl that stole his bacon, as if expecting he'd see it, but it was long gone now. I hope it's okay, I did punch it reasonably hard."

He took another bite of his sandwich just as Charlotte patted him on his back. It almost made him sick, getting patted on the back whilst trying to digest food was difficult. He sputtered, his voice croaky. "Thanks, so are you!"

Charlotte smiled when Hemi implied that he had feelings for the owl. "I'm sure the owl will be fine." she said, glad that it had flown away in case Hemi was to punch it again. She knew that he probably wouldn't but it was safe for the owl to be gone anyway. "Oh! I'm sorry. No, I'm a terrible friend! Sorry for hitting you like that. I should've watched what I was doing." She wanted to punch herself or probably hit herself like she accidently hit him. No wonder she barely had many friends. Who would want to be friends with someone who hits them? She wanted to hide or turn back time somehow but tried to brush it off, hoping that Hemi would accept her apology quickly and that it would all be over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back