Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Eternally Smitten
Wand
Cedar Wood, Hippogriff Feather core, 13 1/2 inches
After checking on his sister in the dungeons, Onyx waited nervously at the door to the Great Hall for Jacob to arrive. Yeah, he could have gotten all dressed up and looked fabulous like he had for the Yule Ball, but this time... Onyx had chosen to wear something much simpler. He wasn't looking to out-do everyone this time. He just... well, he wanted to impress his date. And seem more like a guy, and less like a drama queen. Which, he had to admit, he was. He just wanted to dial things down tonight and have a good time with his date.

He blushed. He had a date. Him. Onyx Michaels. He flirted with everyone. Boys and girls. Granted, he hadn't kissed anyone before, and granted, he never really meant it. He wasn't trying to be romantic with everyone, though romance never hurt. He was just... stating the obvious. If someone looked good, he said something. But tonight, he didn't see anyone. His sapphire eyes passed over anyone that wasn't Jacob Kingsley.

Onyx leaned back against the wall and bit his lip. Would Jacob have decided not to come? No, he wouldn't just ditch Onyx here. Would he? Onyx HAD left Jacob at the Yule Ball. But they hadn't been there together, together, just goofing off. That was different. Wasn't it?

Onyx shoved off the wall and walked over to the other side of the hallway so he could see the stairs better. Jacob would be here soon. He just... he just had to. Right?

Jacob couldn't believe he was at this dance...with a date. He wasn't exactly sure what his mom would say if she knew which was why he hadn't mentioned it. The twelve year old had finally run into the woman as she'd been heading to her rooms to change and had allowed him to use the space once she had finished. So Jacob was a little late heading downstairs. It didn't help that he was a bit nervous as well.

Even though he'd been intending to ask Onyx to the Yule ball, not having done so had made the party a bit easier to handle than this seemed to feel. As he hit the last step, Jacob pressed his sweater down and took a deep breath while he scanned for Onyx. He spotted him quickly enough and headed over. "Hey. You...you look nice" he smiled, remembering his mom used to tell Noah to always remember to compliment people at these kind of things because they were usually nervous about whether they had chosen the right outfit. "Wanna go in and get the good cookies before they're all gone?" he added.

Onyx jumped, startled when Jacob appeared. "Hey," he blushed. "You, uh, heh," he rubbed his neck shyly. "Thanks. You too." He grinned as Jacob suggested cookies. Merlin, he really was adorable. "That sounds awesome." He shrugged off the wall and started into the Dance with his date.

Onyx reached over and started to take Jacobs hand in his, but paused and drew back without doing more than brushing his fingers across the other boys. Onyx might be comfortable with himself, but Jacob might not be ready for public affection.

He let his hand fall back to his side. This being considerate thing was hard. Hopefully it would prove to be worth it later. Onyx looked over to Jacob. He really did look adorable tonight.

Being the Minister's son meant a lot of things, and one of those things was keeping up a certain image. It wasnt truly a facade, there was nothing fake about it, but the family worked hard to make sure they kept certain aspects of their life private. So, when he felt Onyx's hands nearer to his own, Jacob drew his away, placing his hands in his pocket. Jacob had once heard his mother very publicly threaten to curse the first adult reporter who wrote about her children's private lives, and though he was sure there were none around, the loud pronouncement had stuck with him.

It didn't help he was still thinking about the pink rose and what it meant, and how he felt about it all. But cookies were a good distraction. "Is this party pink enough for you?" he stated as he glanced at all the decorations. He groaned silently. Apparently, cookies were not enough of a distraction.

Onyx stopped, looking a little wide eyed at all the decorations. After a moment, he put his hands on his eyes dramatically. "Ahhhh Merlin it burns. So bright," he held out his arm, keeping his eyes covered. "I feel weak. Lead me to the nearest chair so I can pass from this pink horror with some dignity." He didn't know if Jacob would lead him or allow him to continue his dramatics here, but he was finding it an odd comfort.

It was easier to keep his cool if he didn't dwell on why he was here. Or who he was with. Or what his sister would do if she knew. She was still peeved about the flower thing.

Jacob snorted at Onyx's dramatics before grabbing him by the elbow and playing along. He didn't lead him to a chair though but led him right to the cookie table. There was no way he was missing out on the best ones.

"I'll need you to gather your strength for a few seconds" he leaned in closer to speak in his ear. The music was blasting loudly enough you couldn't be heard otherwise. He let the boy go, giving him a pat on his biceps and then reached for a plate. "Which ones you want?" he yelled.

Onyx kept his hand to his forehead as Jacob lead him somewhere, grinning mischievously. This was better, and it felt much less awkward. As Jacob leaned in his heart sped up, but Onyx managed to keep his cool.

"Gather my strength? Do you not understand what these garish decorations have done? I'll surely die of- ooooh peanut butter!" Onyx continued his charade, but stopped quickly when he moved his hand away from his eyes. He'd meant to pout more, but was quickly distracted by the treats on the table. He grabbed a handful of peanut butter cookies and looked around.

"There's an open table over there," he informed Jacob, leaning in a bit to be heard. He pointed towards one in the corner away from the dance floor. "Should we go sit down and enjoy our treasures?"

"Yea!" Jacob said enthusiastically, leading the way to a small table so they could enjoy their treats.

Some time later, as the dance was drawing to a close, Jacob still could feel the sugar rushing through him. Dancing had not worn off any of his energy, and as he looked as Onyx, he wondered if it was the same for him. He was happy to not have been abandoned this evening, happy that Onyx had kept his word. It had been fun to watch some of the others dance though seeing his grandmother with Professor Styx, of all people, had been weird...and gross.

"Have you seen Sapphire at all?" he asked, wondering if she had come to the dance. Jacob had gotten enough cookies for her, expecting that she would come join them at some point. "She's ok with...this, right?" Jacob asked. The thought that had just come to him that maybe she wouldn't want him at a dance with her brother. He hadn't even considered that when he said yes.

Onyx drummed along to the music, feeling hyped up. Tonight had gone well. They'd danced a few times, and Onyx had to admit that not worrying about his sister all night and focusing on himself for once had been nice.

As if reading his mind, Jacob brought up Sapphire, and Onyx winced. "I saw her. She's still mad at me. Not about this," he gestured between the two of them. "Though she did tell me in no uncertain terms if I hurt you she'd break my face." He gave a wry grin. "I don't know what you did but you won her loyalty."

He sighed, taking a sip of his drink. "I meddled in her affairs again and made a mess of things. She might be mad at me for a bit." He shrugged, glancing to his date.

"That's a matter for another time though. Tonight was fun. Thanks for agreeing to come with me." He gave his best grin, his sapphire eyes sparkling warmly.

Jacob raised an eyebrow as if he and Sapphire had some secret to explain her loyalty, but the truth was he had no clue. It was nice to know Sapphire felt so close to him, especially when he'd been told that people only liked him for his family.

"So fix it" Jacob stated. He knew it was a bit rich of him to give someone advice about their siblings when he was having trouble with his brother, but he knew some of their story and they needed to keep getting to know each other. "I'll put in a good word since your sister loves me and all" he teased, kicking the other guy's foot with his own.

"It was fun" he agreed easily enough. Jacob thought Onyx was a cool guy before and still thought so now. That had to be the mark of a good date. Playing with his empty cup for a moment, Jacob wondered if things were going to change between them. He sure hoped not. Onyx was a lot of fun. "Wanna bail before they turn the lights on?" he asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back