This Should Be Fun?

Jessica Reed

OOC First Name
Louise
Jessica Reed was doing what she did most days, lazing about on the long leather sofas, flicking endlessly through music stations, blaring music as loudly as she could just to annoy 'Barbie and Ken'. Who in fact was the new name she had given her brother and his new girlfriend. Jess had hated the girl from the moment she laid eyes on her, everything she hated about teenage girls all seemed to just join together to make this one horrible b*tch. Jess couldn't believe her brother would lower himself down to date this trash. "Ugh." Jess blurted out randomly as she slammed her forefinger down on the button of the muggle remote control. Even the thought of them together just made her feel physically ill. The pair were all over each other most of the time, so much that Jess had to leave the room out of pure disgust. She found herself spending a lot of her time alone in her bedroom, again, doing nothing but lazing around.

However, this day was the day she had been waiting for, for a good few months now, Jenny would be coming over. Her best friend whom she loved to pieces, the thought of being around another person other then her parents, her younger sister, her brother and his barbie girlfriend. The added fact that it was Jenny of all people, just made the situation a thousand times better. When Jess finally decided on a channel she relaxed further into the the luxiourous sofa, allowing the music to absorb her whole attention. But this peace of mind was short-lived as she heard footsteps and voices begin to echo through the hall. She didn't have to see their faces to know who belonged to the voices. Jessica frowned miserably and viciously shut off the muggle television. As Jessica got up to leave, Matt and Kadie had just sweetly entered. Jess didn't spare her brother a glance, her eyes stared straight at Kadie threatingly and made it her business to bash into the girls shoulder roughly as she left the room. She walked lazily into the kitchen, almost as if the effort of walking strained her. Jess took out a clean silver spoon from the drawer and pulled out an unopened carton of chocolate ice-cream. It was her theory that chocolate ice-cream could fix almost anything, yet no matter how many spoonfuls (or cartons) she ate, nothing was taking away the problem of Matthew and Barbie. Jess couldn't do this alone, she need more than chocolate ice-cream.

Jennifer Wilkonson, or soon to be Jenny, was relieved to be out of the house, away from her mother and away from Hannah. She couldn't wait to be where she felt most at home, with her best friend at the Reeds but unfortunately (and fortunately) Matthew would be there. Since Scorpius had pointed out her feelings for him she was feeling very anxious about the whole thing so as she entered the house she was relieved to not see Matthew right away because she didn't know how good she looked as she had carried her trunk the whole way from the trolley.

"Anyone home?" Jenn called at as she closed the door to the place she felt more at home then she felt at her actual home behind her. She knew that she didn't really need to knock because well this was her home even though it really wasn't and in case she was early she wasn't going to stand outside while she waited to the door to be opened when she knew she could open it just fine herself. The blonde put her trunk down and went into the kitchen for a glass of water and when she saw Jess she grinned brightly and wrapped her arms around her best friend gently. "I missed you Jessie!" she grinned wildly.

As Jessica fillled her mouth with yet another spoonful of the delicious chocolate ice-cream she heard the familiar voice of her best friend make its way to the kitchen. Jessica turned around to have a pair of arms thrown around her. Holding the spoon in her mouth with her lips, the fifteen year old returned the hug. As she pulled away, Jess took the spoon out of her mouth, "I'm sooo glad you're here!" Jess shook her head slowly, she didn't know how she would break it to Jenny about Matt. Although Jenny had told her that the kiss they shared was nothing more than an accident, Jess couldn't help but wonder if that was all it was. She knew Matt was acting weird after it, for days after it. Jessica wasn't too keen on the idea of her brother and her best friend at first, but she was beginning to warm up to it. Whoa, getting way to ahead of yourself a voice in her head reminded her. The problem of Kadie was still there and Jenny still had to be informed about her. Jess decided, telling her right up wasn't the best idea but it was better then Jess finding out by sight. "Eh...I've to talk to you about something." Jess opened up the drawer next to her and pulled out a table spoon, placing it next to Jenny she hopped onto a high stool and once more continued to dig into the ice cream. With Jenny she didn't have to do the whole 'how are you' small talk, she actually couldn't remember a time when she had to converse small talk with Jenny. It was just aswell because Jessica hated small talk.

Claire entered her house, her grocery bags levitating casually behind her. It didn't come to a shock when she saw a trunk placed in the hall. Jenny was here. Claire loved Jenny to bits, she was practically her daughter, the whole family pretty much felt the same about her. Walking brightly into the kitchen, her bags now at her feet, she smiled happily. "Jenny!" Claire said, her usual happy tone ringing around the kitchen. She lifted her wand to point at the counter and the grocery bags levitated neatly onto the clean countertop. Claire placed her wand on the counter before quickly giving Jenny a hug, "We're so happy to have you again!" Claire said and as she pulled away she placed her hands on Jenny's cheeks, "You look as beautiful as ever!" Claire smiled and then turned to Jess, "Jess, dinner is going to be on, put away the ice-cream." She commanded with a quick roll of her eyes. Claire walked back to her bags and began to unload the groceries. "So how long are you staying with us Jenny?" She asked nicely.

Jenny grinned at Jess as she said that she was glad that she was home finally. She swipped the spoon from her friend sneakily and took some ice cream out of her friend's bowl as she listened to her speak about needing to speak to her about something. She curiously watched her friend before giving her back her spoon and taking the one that had been offered to her as she sat on the high stool. "What's up?" she asked, almost worridly before she heard her Mom's voice greet her to which she brightened right up, turning towards the young woman she thought of as her first mother. "Mum!" she said, equally as elated as Mrs. Reed seemed to be about seeing her.

"I'm so happy to be here," Jenn said as she gave her a gentle hug before pulling away. At the compliment she blushed gently and thought, Well let's hope Matthew thinks so as well, "Oh you're too sweet." She grinned softly before helping her take out the groceries as they spoke, not wanting to come off as rude because she was hoping to stay for the rest of the winter. "Well if you are fine with it, I'd like to stay home for the rest of the winter," she grinned lightly as she waited for her response to her question.

OMIGOSH YAYE LOUISE!

As Jenny began to help with the groceries Claire quickly shooed her away with her hands, "Stop love, you only just arrived. Chores commence tommorow." She added the last part as a joke and laughed softly to herself, but she was serious about the first part. If anybody, it would be Jessica who she'd make help yet she knew that there was no point in even asking Jess. "Of course its fine! Stay as long as you want." She said while continuing to restock the fridge and the closets with food. Turning back to the teenagers she asked, "So have you met Kadie yet?" Claire wasn't quite sure what to make of Kadie. She was nice, well, sort of and Matt seemed to like her which was the only thing that really mattered. Yet, at the back of her head, there was something she didn't trust about the girl.

(I know!! :frantics: I'm so excited :woot: )

Jenn rolled her eyes at her Mum lovingly, she was so glad that she met Jessie and they hit it off because she loved this family more then her own right now. She smiled thankfully as she said that she was fine with her staying the rest of the winter so she relaxed by leaning against the island in the middle of the kitchen. "Who is Kadie?" Jenn asked, turning towards Jess momentarily before looking back at Mrs. Reed with curiosity but something in the pit of her stomach told her she wouldn't like this news.
Just because we don't have much time I'm going to start a thread for M/J with what we talked about kay?

Jess let her mother's nagging about the ice-cream go right over her head and continued to eat it anyway. She allowed Jenny and her mother have some time to catch-up and whatnot while she took another spoonful of ice-cream. It wasn't until her mother mentioned Kadie that Jess looked up from the container of ice-cream. She looked at her mother with annoyance before looking back at Jenny. She knew her mother didn't know about the kiss Matt and Jenny shared so it really wasn't her fault tat she brought it up, but Jess still felt like hitting her. Jessica sighed quietly, "Eh..well this is what I want to speak to you about." she began, spining the stool around so she could face Jenny. She had to make this as casual as possible, if she made it seem like Kadie would be a problem for Jenny, her mother would pick that up and would know that something was going on. "Kadie is Matt's...girlfriend." She said slowly, "She's a real treat." she added, through gritted teeth. Jess hoped that Jenny wouldn't react too much, at least not in front of her mum.
(Oh yeah. Go ahead!)

Jenna's mouth fell open when Jess said the word girlfriend. Some girl was dating Matthew? A flash of hurt and sadness crossed the deep blues of her eyes but for only a second. She couldn't let it show what she felt for Matthew, well not to her Mum because it could be weird for her. That and Matthew had a girlfriend, she would not be that girl again. She didn't want to have what had happened between herself and Sam to happen again. "Oh ew. Matthew kissing someone, gross," she said with a wrinkle of her nose before glancing over at Jess softly, showing what her initial reaction had been to her before faking a smile and turning back to her Mom. "I'll be back down, I'm just going to get my trunk out of the way, I don't want anyone to trip over it," she said, lying as best as she could well about the last bit, she just didn't want to show her emotions to anyone, she simply needed some time to be by herself, even if it was just for a second.

I've started it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back