Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Dederick
Wand
Briars rowan, 15", with centaur (aspens) tail hair and my werewolf fur
Briar was tired. the night before had been a full moon, a rough one. even spending most of the previous day sleeping in preparation she felt tired to her bones. she had to go to the school today Shew as meant to have a class this morning but she really didn't want to face it today all she wanted to do was sleep. There was only one thing that had motivated her to get out of bed that morning after only a couple of hours of sleep. and that was the thought of the Hogwarts breakfasts. She made her way to the great hall and sat down before fulling her plate up with bacon, sausage and hash browns. nothing was better post-transformation than fatty meat. maybe if people didn't know her or keep an eye on the moon cycles they would think she was trying to feed off a hangover. and she guessed in some ways it was though it was not alcohol that was making her feel like death. She took a mouthful of coffee before following it up with a bite of her bacon buttie the combination of flavours slowly starting to make her feel more human.

[ooc: it is well known that she is a werewolf. any character could know this about her, I can see it boing one of the big rumours of the semester. it is up to you and they do know or if they follow the moon phases]

Breakfast was the best meal of the day in Professor Kingsley's opinion. And it was even better when she didn't have to prepare it for herself. The woman entered the Great Hall, beelining for the staff table. She wasn't especially social until she'd had some food and drink in her, but she did manage a smile to the people who greeted her. As she took her seat, the professor glanced down the table, a few seats down from where she'd settled and spotted Briar.

Filling her plate, Kingsley took a bite before speaking to her colleague. It was a bit odd to say that. She'd known Briar for years and years now. "Rough night?" the woman stated, picking up her mug and taking a sip of the smoking drink.

Briar watched as people started to arrive for breakfast. students and teachers both. she was too focused on getting food inside her to realise who had taken the seat near to her until she heard the lady speak. Good morning proffe-cindy she said. even all these years later it had felt weird greeting her former head of house by her first name. she was the lady who had supported her, helped and had faith in her even when she hadn't had faith in herself. "Oh man you could say that. i haven't had a night that rough in years. but bacon butties are making me feel a little bit more human again" she said. musing a phrase that she would have thought weird when she had been younger but she liked the double entendre of it both the implied meaning and in her case the literal.

The professor grinned as she caught Briar nearly call her professor. They were far removed from that relationship but she knew that old habits died hard. It had taken her years to stop thinking of Kalif as her professor. Continuing to sip her drink, the professor listened as Briar spoke. It wasn't until she'd finished and a few moments after that that it began to click. She hadn't looked outside last night but she gathered if she had that she'd have seen a full moon. "Ah" she said, feeling even more sympathetic than she'd felt just a moment ago. "By all means, have some more then" she joked, nudging the ones beside her closer to Briar.

Briar could see comprehension dawn on her co workers face as she realised what she had meant. She had forgotten that most people didn’t have an innate knowledge of the moon phases. Why would they? They weren’t tied to it like she was. They hadn’t had her childhood. Even after moving to the castle she had lost track of it at least until she had been bitten. I was using the sixth years potions it wasn’t really a supprise that they aren’t quite as potent as the professionals. But they did well and it worked she said. She had really brought it in herself. By using the students brews but she had been so busy balancing life and work and I’ve with a cold that she hadn’t had chance to order or make her own.
She went to finish the sandwich in her hand and was slightly disappointed that it had already all gone. thanks she said taking the plate that was offered to her and helping herself to some more bacon and a fried egg on her next buttie. how are you doing? I heard jacob got into the auror department. You must be so proud of him. she said turning the conversation away from herself and her condition. As mush as she was happy to talk about it she knew it made a lot of people uncomfortable and while she was pretty sure Cyndi wasn’t one of them she was so used to doing it she hardly noticed she was doing it. Besides she was interested in what Was going on in Cyndis life.

Professor Kingsley listened as she ate, finding it nice that Briar used the sixth year's potion. It was unfortunate that it hadn't been strong enough for her, and Cyndi couldn't help but hope she'd have a better month next time. The professor had had a good few students who were werewolves over her time as a professor.

The woman smiled as the conversation shifted. She nodded, swallowing her bite of food before she spoke. "Proud but still a little shocked. I had no clue he was interested in being an Auror. He's told me Willow is in his class. How do you feel about it?" she added. Once she'd adjusted to the idea, the professor had known he'd do well. He had the moxy and daring to serve him to make it through the grueling training. And Noah was a few years ahead as well.

Briar shrugged at cyndi's sympathetic look. it wasn't anything to be sorry for it just was what it was. something she had to live with. and really so long as you kept an eye on the calendar and scheduled things accordingly. like how some women scheduled life around heavy periods or period pain not planning anything in that week of the month, she scheduled things around full moons which could be easier to work out when looking a few months in advance. though she supposed technically was always the same week for her anyway.
bria was a little surprised when Cyndi said that she had been surprised when Jacob had gotten into the Auror department. apparently, she wasn't the only one who's son didn't tell her things. "Willow said she hadn't expected to see him there either but she was glad to have a friend to train with. he must have really tried to not tell anyone" she said knowing how hard it was to keep such a large secret "willow would work it into every conversation she could for the last two years. from what I know of him he will do well" she said. at her question, she smiled. "I am proud of her for getting in and she is enjoying it. every other week she is excited about a new skill she has learned" she said. willow especially seemed to enjoy the fighting skills she had a feeling that she would soon be a rather impressive dueller.

"You have no idea" she stated. Both of her sons were very keen to set their own paths that were separate from their father, but Jacob seemed to be taking that to a different level. "I think they both will" she smiled. Cyndi was happy that Jacob had a friend in his class. She'd heard from Noah that the process could be isolating what with the trainees constantly being ranked against each other in their efforts to move up and graduate to full fledged Aurors.

"And your other two? Keeping you busy?" she asked. Jacob was her middle child and not a child much these days. Now she had only had to mind Eleanor's school work, and for her other needs Eleanor was very good at making it known when she needed help.

oops

Briar nodded as she loaded more bacon onto bread and added a fried egg as she listened toher colleague said that she had no idea what it was like with her boys. with Jacob keeping things quiet. She hd some idea. she was still getting used to realising how well her son had kept his boyfriend a secret from her. maybe it was a boy thing, there were things dee hadn't told her until she had found out for herself
Briar took a bite of her next buttie as Cyndi asked her about her other two. "It is hard to believe that ivy is almost three. she is really just getting into things. I forgot how hard it is to have a toddler. She is in daycare a couple of days a week and spends the other days with Dederick, me, Madlyn or Clayton" she said, her baby girl was now looking more like a child than a baby. and she was missing so much of her growing up working so much. "and you have probably seen Lin more than me. he seems to have a menagerie that he part keeps in part his dorm and half with Madlyn. and I have recently found out her has a boyfriend" she said. after seeing the two boys together it was clear that Lin and alxei were a couple. It had been a shock when she had found out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back