OOC First Name
Liv
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Tulip Wood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Cecily sighed and rubbed her hands over her belly. "Well kiddo, looks like this is it." She stood within her bedroom, green eyes surveying her belongings that had yet to be packed. Although she was sad to move out today, she looked forward to seeing her things mixed in with Prodan's in their home. Now she could unpack the special things her mother had packed for her, heirlooms she had never unpacked during her first marriage, afraid they would be destroyed. The pride and joy of the collection, besides the hand made quilt, was the christening gown lovingly wrapped in paper.

Getting out another box, she began to box up the things within her dresser. Around her on the floor spanning to the doorway were other boxes already full. She wondered how Niccy was doing.

Nicolette huffed as she stared at the brown boxes surrounding her, almost as if they were caging her in. Tugging down her Sweatshirt she gazed down at her stomach momentarily before she lifted her gaze to the boxes once more. Today was the day that Cecily was supposed to move out of the house and in with her new husband, and this would have been a happy situation for Niccy if she wasn't so bummed about her best friend leaving her alone like this. 'I don't want to be alone anymore...' She thought to herself sadly as she slowly pushed away one of the boxes with her foot, she didn't want to help her friend pack anymore. It would only help her leave the house and her life that much faster. Stepping out of the room where the boxes was she began to make he way down the hall, if she had to look at those ugly boxes anymore she was going to be sick all over them.

Cecily finished up that box and began assembling one more. Grabbing a small box, she came out of the bedroom. "Niccy?" she called out, looking inside the box at the colorful bottles. "Would you like any of these?" She looked up as she nearly ran into her best friend. Then she looked behind her at the empty boxes that littered the floor. "Hey, what's wrong?"

Nicolette let her golden eyes meet with Cecily's for a moment before she quickly averted her gaze and sighed softly, even her friend could see that bad mood she was in and wanted to know what was wrong. But where could she start listing off what was wrong; her best friend was leaving, James knew where she was, she was exhausted and sick, and on top of that she still had work to be worried about. "Nothings wrong, I just don't feel like packing." She answered with a small shrug before she stepped around Cecily and headed towards the stairs. She didn't crack a single smile like she always had, right now she felt no reason to be happy at all. Nicolette was losing control of her life that she wanted and almost had in her grasp, and she didn't like it one bit. It made her feel like she was losing grip on the last bit of her sanity here and no one gave even the slightest care.

Sighing, Cecily set the small box aside on a shelf and followed her friend down the stairs. Coming to the bottom of the step, she paused and frowned, unsure how to help her friend through this time. "Niccy," she began hesitantly. "I know this is hard. For me too," she assured, very sad she would be leaving the first home she'd been happy in since her parents. Niccy's presence had very much contributed to it. Her lips curved at all the happy times they had had together in this house. "We'll still hang out. This isn't goodbye."

Nicolette still refused to look her friend in the eye, as much as she wanted to believe that everything would be alright she knew it wasn't going to be. She was going to miss all the fun times they had together, the laughing, the late night movies, and of course that one time they got drunk together and honestly had no clue why they had done it. Half the things they did together couldn't be explained, but they always managed to have fun together. "Sure it isn't, soon you'll forget all about me or become to busy to visit." She said to her friend softly and brought a hand up to make sure she hadn't cried at all yet, she felt like she wanted to but refused to let Cecily see her like that.

"Besides, I told you I was fine." Nicolette said calmly before she smiled at Cecily softly and stepped around her once more. Once she thought Cecily wasn't looking again she let her smile fade as more awful thoughts filled her head, she was going to be alone again and she hated it so much.

Cecily's eyes brightened with tears she stubbornly refused to shed. "You know I'm not like that," she said, fighting many emotions. Anger was one of them, at herself for inadvertantly causing Niccy to feel bad and anger at her friend for refusing to own up that she was upset. Tears won out and Cecily's chin trembled as she stormed into the kitchen and started slamming cupboards, getting out things to make tea. She whipped out her wand, afraid her shaking hands would break something. Once it was done, she sat at the table, sipping at a cup with her head bowed. She just needed a few minutes to regroup. Her emotions had always run high and now with the added hormones, they were nearly unbearable.

Nicolette followed Cecily into the kitchen for a moment and watched with annoyance as Cecily seemed to get more and more upset by the minute. Whether Cecily was actually upset or the hormones were kicking in, she couldn't really tell you. Sitting across from her at the table she looked at her curiously yet annoyed with her sparkling eyes. She could tell that her friend didn't believe her, and it made her not only feel uneasy but irritated as well. "Don't get mad, I said nothing was wrong so there is nothing for you to be worried about." Nicolette didn't realize at all how obvious her emotions could be seen though, her expression and actions were pretty much giving her away. Something was wrong, but she didn't want to talk to Cecily about it because she knew that what was making Nicolette hurt was making Cecily so happy. 'She deserves to be happy.' All the suffering that Cecily endured, she deserved to have a moment of happiness not ruined by someone as else or once.

"When is everyone coming to help you take the rest of your stuff to Prodan's?" Nicolette knew that other people were supposed to be helping other than her, which is good because it it was just her and Cecily alone she knew it was going to take far longer than it was supposed to. The sooner they came, the sooner Cecily was going to leave her alone.

"I'm not sure," Cecily said stiffly, setting the tea down, yet holding the cup between both hands to warm them. Steam still rose from the cup, swirling transparently into the air. She sat for several moments in silence, darting glances her friends way then back to her cup. Finally she couldn't take it anymore. Slamming the cup down, she frowned. "Dammit Niccy, I know you're upset! Stop pretending you're not," she burst out. "How could I not be worried? Don't you think I know I'm leaving you here alone, pregnant, with no help?" She got up from the table, pacing. "I swear, if I could reach his neck, I'd wring it!" Irrationally her anger had turned toward Kalif, someone not even there to defend himself. But in her state, she wasn't much into being rational. He had gotten her friend pregnant and was just going to let her be by herself.

"That is not true, Cecily," said an alluring yet chilling voice. Hades stepped into vision, and he continued, "I have been watching over her this entire time." His trenchcoat was completely clean, and his white skin had no ounce of blood on it like it had previously at the wedding. Hades gave a sly smile, and he turned to Cecily, "Need some assistance in moving your things? And if you think that Nicolette should have some help, I have a solution, for her to be looked after more adequately." Hades gave a half-hearted shrug. Hades gave a glance over at Nicolette, the woman holding his new brother. Unlike Jaken, Hades would not mind this one at all. If only he could recall the name...

Cecily started violently, whirling, her heart pounding in her chest and spreading sickly fear through her. Seeing who it was, she slid near bonelessly into her chair and put her head into hands. "Hades, dear, don't take this the wrong way, but I swear I'm going to tie a bell around your f*&king neck." She took a few moments calming her galloping heart. The creeper had taken years off her life by sneaking into their house like that. Raising her head, her voice a mite shaky, she replied, "Yes, yes I'd appreciate the help, Hades, thank you." Her eyebrows rose at his second offer, though she was unsure what it would entail. She looked at Niccy, then back toward him to see what either one would say.

Nicolette nearly flinched when Cecily slammed her cup down and for the first time ever, was actually was assertive with Nicolette. Which is probably what she actually needed at the moment, being stubborn never really helped her let her emotions fly out. Plus this was obviously not a lot of people's business, even if they they wanted to strongly believe that it was. "Um Cecily...it's not really his fault." She knew who her friend was talking about and immediately went to defend him, he was far from being the reason she like this right now. With a small sigh she scratched her cheek and softly turned her head, she wasn't surprised when Hades showed up. She figured that he often followed her around. "Hello Hades." Nicolette let a small smile color her lips before it faded and another serious and saddened look too her features. Not even the presence of Hades could help her feel any cheerier.

"I told you nothing was wrong, why won't you just listen to me?" Her voice was soft yet firm. And when Hades said he had a solution she stared at him with raised eyebrows before she snorted and turned her head, so now everyone felt like they had to babysit her. How freaking lovely.

Hades retrieved his wand, and with a short wave, Cecily's things started to shrink, and piled carefully. Hades smirked, "Did I frighten you, Cecily? I must apologize, for my father sent me to keep an eye out on Nicolette because he can't look after her himself." Hades glanced in the direction of the person who snorted and he rolled his own dark, stormy eyes. Hades stated, talking to both of them, "We believe it would be better if Nicolette came and stayed in the Styx Manor not far from here. She would be greatly cared for, not only would she not be alone as well." Hades folded his arms over his chest, and he waited in silence.

"Because, Niccy, we're best friends. I know when you're holding something in." Cecily eyed her new nephew, her lips beginning to quirk. "Oh I'm sure you're sorry," she murmured, knowing he wasn't the least bit repentant. She oddly liked this young man, his humor reminded her of another in their family. Her anger gone, she felt a little bad about what she'd said about Kalif. Obviously he did care about what happened to his child, if not fully for the mother to have Hades watch after her. "Niccy? I think that would be wonderful for you. Just think," she said, "you'll not be alone, if you need help you'll have it. And Kalif could be there with you through your pregnancy." She thought it was a wonderful idea and thankful they had suggested it.

Nicolette's golden eyes widened when Hades said that people apparently thought it would be better for her if she moved to the Styx manor. If her mood was better and she hadn't been feeling so bossed around she might have said yes without any hesitation, but considering the current circumstances she was actually quite shocked and nervous about accepting the invitation. "What do you mean we?" It was already obvious that Cecily liked the idea, but there was other people involved in this? Never in her life before had Nicolette seen so many people concerned for her care and safety, she had such a lack for this type of attention that it it was almost overwhelming to her.

"Sorry Hades, but no. I'll be just fine here..." Nicolette shook her head softly and stood up from the table. For one it seemed like she was going to be a burden and bring her problems around them, second she didn't feel like risking it and having them all hurt by James if did show up. If he knew that she had grown attached to these people he would destroy them, he would make sure anything that made her happy was destroyed. "I'll be fine...please don't worry." Her smiled faltered slightly as she pretty much lied through her teeth, she wasn't going to be okay and she knew it.

"We as in my father and I. I am sure others will agree. If you refuse, well, I could always go get father and grandfather. I am sure that grandfather will make you go... If father can't," Hades spoke in a smooth, alluring voice with a devil's grin in his eyes. "You won't be fine here. I think I would know why." Hades assumed it would be that James fellow that Alexander spoke of before he died. If someone like that managed to come near the Zhefarovich family, well, needless to say that he will be ripped to shreds. After all, the Zhefarovich family strongly cares for each other, and will protect each other at all cost. It was just in the blood. It was programed, and a necessity. He narrowed his eyes upon Nicolette, and after years of just observing people, he took the signs and he said, his voice more serious than before, "You know you are lying. You need to be under protection."

Nicolette almost rolled her eyes when she heard that it was Hades and Kalif felt that she would be better off at the mansion, what did they think she was...four?! What befuddled her the most was that they would even bring Asparuh into this if they had to, did they really sense that she needed to be watched that badly? Hades himself almost spoke as if he knew exactly what Nicolette was hesitant on, did he know about James returning? "If you really do know about it, then you'll know why I'm once again going to say no." She didn't like arguing with Hades, but James was not someone to take lightly. He had killed so many people within Nicolette's lifetime that she was sure he had almost lost the sense of what killing a person felt like. If he had to, he would destroy them all, and she wasn't willing to let that man take the closest thing she had to family away from her.

"I'm not lying. I don't need anyone's help." Nicolette said almost in a snotty tone before she shoved her chair in and walked away from the table, she didn't need to hear this right now, and she certainly didn't need to be protected from anyone. She could handle herself. "I'm going to bed, leave me alone." Her voice was soft yet harsh, she didn't want to upset anyone, but she wasn't going to let them think it was okay to command her around like a child.

Cecily watched the back and forth, pinpointing a moment in Hades speaking that comforted her. He cared for Niccy's welfare. It warmed her and gave her hope for the odd male centric family she'd married into. Pursing her lips, she regarded her friend then narrowed her eyes fractionally before pouring more tea. "Niccy you're being downright silly," she said irritably. Her eyes cut between the two. "What the hell are you two talking about? Protection from what?"

Nicolette turned and stared at Cecily oddly, even her best friend thought she should go to the manor with Hades. Was there no one out here who thought she could fend for herself? "I'm not being downright silly, maybe it's just as simple as I don't want to go." She defending herself, however she did manage to forget the thought of heading to bed and was no focused on trying to figure out why no one was on her side anymore. It's not like they all cared about her that much anyways, if they stayed around her they would just end up like everyone else in her past. 'Maybe it would have been better if I had never met any of you...' Nicolette knew she wasn't supposed to get attached to anyone, she told herself that the very day that she had come to New Zealand. But here she was fully attached to these people, the ones that had become like a family to her.

"Don't worry Cecily, I promise you that everything's fine" The last thing she wanted to do was have Cecily pass out or start crying like she did everytime she got upset about something. Plus there was no reason to mention anything until Nicolette knew for sure what he was planning.

Hades muttered, "I swear, some women are denser than matter." Hades turned to Cecily and he gave a small wave, before vanishing. If he had to do this, then he would have to get the people who could help Nicolette come into her right state of mind. However, Hades could not find his father, assuming he was at the school, so he had to hunt down the one that would be much more difficult to find. After all, knowing him like Hades did, there was no telling where he was.

Asparuh was in the most northern part of Europe when Hades came along and explained the situation to him. Rolling his eyes, he grabbed Hades by the trenchcoat and ordered him to hurry along and take him to the two women. Upon arriving, Asparuh stood tall, massive, with a cold expression and the thirst to kill in his eyes. From the last moment he saw Cecily, he looked no different. Asparuh had not found what he was 'hunting' for. His glare narrowed in on Nicolette and he spoke, his tone still colder than ice and not lacking any less harshness from when he found out about Alphonse and Nataliia, "Nicolette, you are to do as you are told. Go to the Styx Manor with Hades, and that is final." Asparuh was in the worst mood possible, and he continued, "Fail to do so and if Hades has to come and find me again, then I will drag you there myself by your head. I don't want to be disturbed again." Asparuh turned and walked out of the house, slamming the door as he did so, almost hard enough to knock it off of its henges. And with that said and done, he was gone just as fast as he had arrived.

Cecily returned the small wave then as Hades disappeared, she groaned and let her head flop into her arms. "I swear Niccy, if he brings back Asparuh-" she trailed off, mentally visualizing the giant of a man in what was now Nicolette's home. Her head came up and she stood, beginning to tidy the table. Muttering under her breath about stubbornness and broken doors. No sooner had she rewarmed the tea, the room suddenly shrunk, or seemed to, as Hades and his grandfather appeared.

Bloody soddering ****. The last she'd seen of Asparuh had been his wide shoulders and stiff back as he'd non verbally -oh and wandlessly- blew the doors off the parlor room in the manor. She soo did not want him here right now. It may not have been her home anymore but one look at that cold face and eerie glint in his eyes, and she knew they'd be lucky if something didn't become broken in his presence. Once he began speaking, her eyes widened fractionally and she looked toward Niccy to see her reaction.

Although Nicolette didn’t really fear Asparuh, she did respect him highly and knew better than to anger him anymore than he already seemed to be. Chances were that Asparuh was still searching for Alphonse, and knowing him they’d eventually run into one another. ’I just hope he doesn’t kill anyone.’ Even if Fonsie was annoying to her a large amount of the time, she still cared about what happened to him. It wasn’t until Hades had brought Asparuh back that Nicolette suddenly started to think a bit more openly about the subject, did they all really doubt that she couldn’t handle being by herself? When Asparuh slammed the door loudly she flinched and blinked with widened gold eyes, yeah he was surely still in a bad mood.

When she was sure he was gone she turned to Hades and cracked a small smile, the first she had managed to do in days. ”Your such a tattletale, Hades..” Honestly she was only teasing him, yet lecturing him at the same time. Nicolette didn’t like that he went off told Asparuh on her, but he was right in that she probably couldn’t be alone right now. ”If you all really think I should, I’ll go move into the Styx Manor then.” She sighed, and looked at him then Cecily. If they thought it was for the best then it must be, even if all of this was strange and new to her. ”When am I supposed to move in?” Would this be the last day she stayed at the home that she and Cecily had shared for so long?

Hades listened to Asparuh's threat, and inwardly he smirked. Asparuh gotten through to Nicolette, and that was a rather difficult thing to do, so Hades assumed. Hades shrugged at Nicolette's response after Asparuh left and he said, "Anything to really get it through that stubbornness of yours." Hades nodded at her words, before walking over to the door and surprisingly, it was still operatable. Hades chuckled and he answered Nicolette's question, "I suppose when Cecily leaves to go live with Prodan. I won't make you hurry to spend time with your best friend. That is cruel enough..." Hades turned to face the two, and he folded his arms across his chest.

Cecily stood, sliding her chair into the table softly. "Hades would you like some tea? Anything to eat or drink?" She set her hands to making more tea before she turned to face Niccy. "It looks like I won't be the only one packing today. I'll be moving out by nightfall," she said softly. Niccy's mood was affecting her, saddening her. For a moment she stood at the counter, her back to them as she stared at the counter, unable to do anything as the sadness overwhelmed her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back