Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand, 12 1/2 inches, Essence of Griffin Feather
Maria hadn't spent much time in the school dungeons, but they seemed more interesting now that she was taking potions. She had dressed herself carefully, glad that all the cuts from her fight with Sephora had been healed by the nurse and that obnoxious head girl. She dressed carefully though, having realised that not everything she owned fit her quite as well as it used to anymore. She couldn't figure out quite why, but everything seemed just a bit too little. Probably Sephora. Knowing that blonde tramp, she had put a shrinking spell on all Maria's clothes.

Maria's heels clicked on the cold hard stone as she explored deeper and deeper into the dungeons. She had heard the Slytherin common room was down here, and was curious to see if she could find it. It'd be a fun adventure, if nothing else, and from what Livia had told her of Slytherin, it sounded like the house for her. Even if she didn't know the password to their common room, there surely had to be Slytherins lurking around somewhere for her to at least have a chat with. Anyone who didn't think being nice to others was a good conversation starter, and yellow and black were the bestest colours ever would be a welcome change from her housemates.

Angel strode meaningfully out of the common room. He wasn't actually going anywhere in particular, he just needed to clear his head. It'd been a bit foggy these past few days. He needed to TALK to someone, really talk. He was tired of the Slytherins in his year. They were not as he had hoped. No one was as driven as he was. Lost deep in his almost self pitying thoughts he rounded the corner and smashed right into something...
He hit the ground with a loud and rather embarrassing thud, the breath was knocked out of him and he "Ooffed".
He'd banged into a person. A girl to be more specific. Hufflepuff. Though he didn't think she looked like she belonged.
Self consciously he rubbed at his wrist before he stood up and straightened himself out.
"Sorry." He was careful not to be too inviting. "I think you might be lost. Don't get many Hufflepuffs down here. My name's Angel by the way."
Stiffly he held out his hand, attempting a friendly-ish smile. Who knew, maybe he could talk to this... girl?

Well, it was running into a Slytherin, although in a rather more literal sense than Maria had hoped. As used to high heels as she was, she still stumbled and fell to the ground when the boy hit her, in a flurry of cardigan and curls. She looked around bewildered for a few seconds, before realising what had happened to her and embarrassedly shifting to make sure her short skirt didn't show anything. She watched, still a bit dazed from the fall, as the boy stood himself up, something Maria certainly wouldn't be able to achieve without help in this skirt and these heels.
"I'm not lost." She replied haughtily, attempting to pry herself up using the wall for support and failing. "I was exploring. I've not really walked this area of the castle before, and anything's better than being cooped up in my common room." She almost made it to her feet, and fell down again, grunting as her sore body hit the floor once more. "I'm Maria." She said, gladness rushing through her as the boy finally extended a hand, and she used it to haul herself back to her feet. Maria had given up introducing herself by her full name, as the most common reaction she got was 'Wow! You're one of those Hufflepuffs who got into a fight in their second week, aren't you?' Ever since she showdown, she had taken to laying low, a habit she wasn't going to break any time soon.

"Exploring huh?" Angel paused, chewing this over. He hadn't really thought about exploring the castle before. His mind had been firmly focussed on being the best, as his father wanted. But now that the idea was thrown before him it mildly gained his interest.
"Where haven't you explored other than here?" He ventured, hoping that there were other places she might want to go. And take him with her. Wait what? Angel what the hell? He thought to himself, frowning. He was here to do well and become a skilled wizard, not make friends. Though the word didn't repulse him as much as it used to he was still uncomfortable even thinking it.

Maria shrugged, rather taken aback by Angel's question. Why would he care? "Well... I avoid the area around the Hufflepuff common room, because it's full of Hufflepuffs, and I don't much like outside. There are lots of other corridors I've never followed though... did you ever really realise how huge this school is? It's massive." Maria cut herself off after realising she was babbling. She hadn't talked to anyone at all for a long time, other than a couple of passing words. It felt strange to be having a conversation again. "Why do you care?" She asked slowly, after a brief silence, careful not to let the pent up words spill out of her again.

Angel opened his mouth but shut it quickly when he took in her question. Why did he care?
"I uh... Uh.. maybe... eurm I wanted to explore? With uh... maybe if you wanted we could?"
Mentally he gave himself a good firm kick. Since when did he become so inarticulate?
He cleared his throat. Shifting on the balls of his feet nervously and flicking his hair out of his face. "I mean, maybe we could explore? I haven't really met anyone from the other houses... And I am sick of my common room. I'd like to see the castle properly..." He trailed off, chewing his lip absently. A vague feeling of hope nestled in his stomach. He wondered if perhaps he'd been cursed or was ill.

Maria stared at the boy long and hard, considering him. The stammering certainly wasn't what she had expected from a Slytherin; from what Livia had said, they were all composed and stylish, and didn't stammer. A stammering Slytherin was a thousand times better than a Hufflepuff in full control of their motor functions though, so she nodded. "Have you wandered around much? There's lots of cool stuff up in the towers. Some of the paintings are pretty interesting to talk to as well." She said, absentmindedly fixing her mussed curls.

Angel blinked, then took a deep breath. Composing himself, he wasn't normally like this. In fact he could barely recall a time when he had been like this. But still, he wouldn't let himself not be pleasant. "No I haven't really, other than going to classes I haven't really seen anything. Would you show me? Please." He added as an after thought. Pleasant Angel. Remember, pleasant. Don't blow this. Wait, what? He felt like shaking himself violently, perhaps smacking his cheeks. Where the hell had the normal Angel disappeared to?

Maria watched Angel cautiously. He seemed to be choosing his words carefully, and that made her wary. Anyone who was hiding who they really were could really be a murderer, or something. Glancing at Angel's arms, she decided that if he tried anything, she could take him. The fight with Sephora had proved she was no easy opponent. After one more appraising look, she slowly nodded. "Sure. Wanna go see the towers, or something a bit closer to the ground?" She asked, false pleasantness in her voice. Well, if Angel was gonna fake pleasant tones, she was sure gonna do the same. "Maybe in return you could show me the dungeons sometime?"

Angel sucked in a subtle breath, "The towers sound like more of a thrill to me."
He glanced down at himself, checking what he was wearing was appropriate. With a swift nod to himself he stood up tall. "And of course, anytime." He smiled his old confident smirk and suddenly felt a lot better. He was back.
"Now where do we start?"

Maria shrugged. "The North Tower is probably the one with the best views. It's gonna be a long walk from the dungeons though." Maria said, half-thinking of her feet in those heels. "We should probably get started." She tossed her curls behind her shoulder and straightened her skirt, determined to at least look nice if her feet were gonna be in tons of pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back