This Better Be Good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley Wespurt

Wand
Straight 10 Inch Unyielding Alder Wand with Boomslang venom Core
It was the first time that Riley would ever attend a ball because he mostly thought of them as girly activities, but seeing how much the Great Hall had changed for this, and how pretty it looked without the usual tables in the room, he was actually kind of excited to be here. Of course there was also the fact that his parents had been forcing him to attend the Yule Ball to have a bit of fun before returning home for the Christmas holidays, and partially to keep an eye on his twin sister for them who would probably try to prank someone she'd know. Riley fixed his orange and white-dotted bow tie once more and straightened his suit before entering the Great Hall. He looked around, still amazed by how beautiful it looked and then moved his eyes back to the crowd, hoping to catch a glimpse of his sister. When he could see her amongst the crowd, Riley walked over to the table with beverages and food on it; at least he could eat free food if he didn't enjoy his time at the Yule Ball.

Uncomfortable with her dress that was bought by her sister for this very special occasion, Harriett wasn't too sure whether she should go to the ball or not. The tube top kept slipping and the high heel was pretty high for her. Being a country girl, Harriett had been a shirt, jeans and boots type of girl and new things scares her senseless. The first year Ravenclaw took a deep breath and tug her tube top up one last time before going down to the great hall. Slowly taking the last step down to the entrance hall, a sigh of relief overcame her. The horror of walking on high heels, mum should have warned me about these things Harriett thought to herself as she walked inside the great hall. Her jaw dropped at how the inside was well decorated, never in her entire life had she celebrated like this before. Growing up, Harriett has spent her holidays in Washington D.C where her parents work and live, and everything that you can do in the snow was mandatory to them. She loves the north but now that they moved in Australia, everything is about to change. The eleven year old's smile widen when an ice skating rink was available for use, she started walking toward it but the heels slowed her down and instead, ended up at the drinks and foods section. Her smile disappeared and started sulking, her lips pouting. "Stupid shoes." Harriett muttered angrily. How can others walk on this? This is ridiculous.

Riley looked besides him and laughed softly at the comment the girl made about her shoes. ''Why did you put them on then?'' the Gryffindor said all sudden as he turned himself toward the girl with the 'stupid shoes' whilst grabbing a handful of chocolates. As he put one of the many chocolates in his hand in his mouth he looked at the girl from head to toe. The look on her face told him that she wasn't particulary comfortable in the shoes she was wearing, other than that she looked actually quite nice for an event like this. ''Did you parents force you to put them on?'' Riley asked the girl as he nodded to her shoes, wondering if she was here under she same circumstances he was. If she was, he at least know someone at the Yule Ball who could relate to him, which made him happy since Elizabeth seemed to enjoy the ball.

Harriett looked at the red heels on her feet, she was thinking if she should take them off and go to the ice skating rink or stay there until the ball ended. Either way, her feet is going to suffer from the cold floor of the Great Hall. Pulling her tube top again, a voice suddenly came out of nowhere. "I beg your pardon?" Harriett was surprise at the guy's question. "Oh, umm ... it goes with the dress?" Unsure about her answer. Harriett's cheeks started to burn when the guy looked at her fully. The Ravenclaw didn't expect anyone to talk to her, it had been like that since day one. "Actually, my sister told me to go when she found out about the Yuleball. I just didn't expect her buying me the outfit and the shoes." Harriett explained, she was so tempted to try the ice skating rink that she took a step forward, out balancing herself because of the shoes. Harriett was on the ground in a second, her behind taking the harsh floor.

Riley smiled confusingly at the girl with the stupid shoes when she told him that they were part of the dress she was wearing. It was a nice dress and she looked nice in it, but if she wasn't comfortable wearing those ridiculously shoes, why did she chose to wear the dress in the first place? Surely she had shoes she did feel comfortable in right? He knew his mother and sister had. ''Maybe take them off then? You look hurt.'' He said as his eyes moved from her face toward her feet and back up to her face. ''You can take my shoes if you want to?.'' Riley smiled as he offered her to wear his shiny black shoes instead. ''Yes!'' the Gryffindor boy thought when the girl told him about her sister. He found something the two of them had in common! At least now he had someone to talk with all night. As soon as the stupid shoes girl fell on the ground he put the rest of the little chocolates on the table next to them, his hands all brown and sticky, and put his right hand out for her to grab so Riley could pull her up. ''Are you ok?'' He asked nervously, looking around to see if anyone had noticed the girl falling down. ''Did you hurt yourself?''

The young Ravenclaw winced as she tried to moved, the left side of her thigh got the most damage. Stupid shoes she thought angrily again, this was the worst that could happen to her and in front of many people as well. She looked up at the boy who was now offering his hand to help her, a chocolate covered hand. Harriett smiled weakly at him but before taking his hand, she took off the shoes off her feet. "I don't think its proper to take your shoes from you just for my well being. Thank you though." She said while taking his hand for a boost. Slowly but surely, she stood up, her left leg aching. "I'm okay, I just can't try the rink. Why does it had to happen?" She asked to nobody. When Harriett got up, her right leg was taking up the pressure than her left. At least she wasn't shot or stab. Though, she hid her smile as she felt the stickiness from both of their hands. "Are you the type that saves the damsel first before washing your hand?" Harriet asked jokingly as she shook her head slightly. Her smile not hidden anymore. The Ravenclaw came from the country side and being dirty is part of her childhood.

Riley smiled as he pulled the girl up from the floor. Perhaps cleaning his hand before offering it to her would've been a wise thing to do because the moment she grabbed his hand he could feel the chocolate sticking to her hand as well. The Gryffindor shrugged at the girl's comment and said, ''I don't think it's proper walking barefoot at an event like this.'' a small grin appearing on his face before he took his shoes off to give them to her. He didn't care if people saw him walking without his shoes anyway. If it were up to him Riley would have come in a simple pair of jeans and a sweater. He smiled weakly when she told him she was OK, though he had trouble believing it, and was about to answer her question when he figured out that she wasn't asking it to him. Riley shook his head with a smile and said, ''I didn't even notice my hand was covered in chocolate in the first place, but consider yourself lucky, now you have some chocolate too!'' After that he tried to swipe the stickiness off on his black trousers, even going as far as licking his hand clean afterwards.

Harriett giggled when the boy took off his shoes, it was a bit big for her feet but it'll do. "If you insist." The brunette slip on the boy's shoes and it felt warm. The feeling was so good and she smiled a thank you to the boy. Then he wiped his chocolate covered hand on his dress pants which surprised her. The formal seems expensive but he didn't care. "There are napkins on the table ... Umm ... What's your name by any chance?" Harriett asked. "I'm Harriett." She introduce herself. The Ravenclaw then looked for some napkins and took one for her and the boy, she handed some to him and she started cleaning her own. Now, with her leg injured, the fun stops for her. Harriett is unable to dance except if someone carries her or something which won't be happening. "Do you think they have any activities here that doesn't required to walk?" The Ravenclaw asked frustrated, Harriett took a handful of chocolates from the table and stuffed it on her mouth. Blowing her cheeks like a chipmunk stashing it's nuts on its face.

Riley smiled. ''It's nothing, really.'' He was happy that she would take his shoes because the two of them walking through the Great Hall barefoot would just look weird, though he doubted if the girl would make any steps before she felt like it was OK to walk again. Hopefully his twin sister wouldn't see him offering his shoes to a girl, or even wiping his chocolate covered hands off on his trousers cause he knew that she would let it slip when talking to their parents, even it she didn't meant to do it. ''Little too late now don't you think?'' the Gryffindor told the stupid shoes girl named Harriett with a grin on his face. ''My name is Riley.'' He said as he took the napkin from her. Riley would have shaken her hand but knowing that both their hands were still kind of dirty, he decided not do to so. ''In matter of fact, luckily for you, I know one.'' He told Harriett. ''And you only need your hands and mouth for it.. Eat as much as you can!'' Riley said with excitement in his voice.

The young Ravenclaw spit almost half of the chocolates from her mouth when the boy, whose name is Riley, suggested a very obvious easy way to do something. Binge eating. Harriett chewed the remaining sweet on her mouth before saying, "That's acceptable. I like that idea more." Her parents are strict when it comes to what she eats and candies and chocolates are on their banned list to buy at the grocery. She felt normal when she got a taste of it, though, she doesn't want to gain weight or anything. Moderation is a must for her or her parents will know what she's been eating. "So, where's your girlfriend, if you have one. I see that everyone here seems to have a date." She asked Riley, her cheeks burning from the question. They might be kids but without parents supervising, of course, everyone can do whatever they wanted. Harriett is the type of girl that do what her parents wishes, at least until she's not of legal age but once she's eighteen she'll find her own place and work in the law enforcement. Tradition at its best.

Riley smiled when the girl told him that she liked his idea better. It was something he often did with Elizabeth whenever their parents weren't around to tell them off, but now that his parenst weren't around to watch over them anymore, Riley immediately began doing things he was otherwise forbidden to do. ''Awesome!'' the Gryffindor said excitedly and walked over to the table with the food on it. There were quite a few things they could choose to eat but since the chocolates were by far the tastiest of everything he had eaten so far, Riley pointed at the brown square blocks on the table and said, ''Whoever can eat the most chocolates wins!'' His head turning towards the girl besides him with a huge smile. He shook his head firmly at Harriett's question. ''No, no, no, I don't have a girlfriend, I came alone. How about you? Where is your date? Ditched him or her already?'' the Gryffindor asked curiously, wondering if she came here alone like he did or not.

Elizabeth first wasn't really looking forward to this Ball. Ofcourse it would be fun and she could do a lot of pranks with the drinks and dancing, but she needed to wear a dress. Elizabeth wasn't really a fan of girly stuff and make-up and everything. But she had got a dress that her mother send her and her mother would definitly see Elizabeth in her dress so before they were ready she and Riley went on the picture so that their mother would be happy and that was not many. When she entered the Yule Ball she noticed how beautiful it was, they did a great job. Elizabeth looked at her Dress she didn't felt comfertable in it but it had to do for tonight. When she saw her brother she run towards him and jumped on his back. '' Helloo'' She lost her balance and fell on the ground with her back.
'' Oh, Hi there!'' She said in the girls direction when she looked up again.

Harriett giggled when Riley agreed as well, it was nice to have fun once in a while, burying her face on a book won't help making her friends or anything. When Riley turned to the table with lots of food, he challenged her for some good ole fashion eating contest. Feeling her leg's pain subsiding but still limping as she walks the few meters, Harriett was good to go. The Ravenclaw found out too that he doesn't have a girl friend and came alone, "Same. I don't even know that much people here except the Professors. Actually, you're the first one I know here." She said truthfully. It was hard adjusting for her, being a muggle born was a struggle, Harriett know nothing about any of these around her. She was raised a realist, with her parents being skeptic all the time because of their job and always wants proof rather than what was said. The only time they believe that she's a witch was when her letter came and when Aurors from the governing body of the wizarding world in the states knocked on their door and threatened them to ruin their lives if they stayed in the country. Her parents were disappointed at them than to her for being a witch, instead of helping them coup about their heritage, they were thrown out like they don't belong there for some law that doesn't quite make sense to Harriett. Brushing off the past off her mind, she smiled weakly at him when another girl came behind Riley, jumping on his back with a cheerful attitude. Harriett frowned curiously at the two I thought he doesn't have a girl friend? Lying already aren't we? Harriett thought to herself. The young Ravenclaw hates lying, it was the only thing that irck her. But when the girl fell to the ground and acknowledge her, she got a better look on her face. Harriett have to purse her lips because then she realized they looked a little a like. Paternal twins. "Howdy! are you alright?" Harriett greeted with concern.

Riley smiled happily when the girl told him that he was one of her first friends in the castle. ''Same goes for me, well other than my sister, I haven't really been to other students much. Just want to feel at home first, you know?'' Having friends from the get-go would've been just as much fun, though Riley decided to wait a month or two - maybe three - before making friends, he just really wanted to get to know Hogwarts first before focusing on doing fun stuff. For a sweet moment Riley thought that his sister wouldn't attack him with any hugs or jump on his back today. Unfortunately he was wrong. Barely able to keep Elizabeth on his back, the Gryffindor turned around when she fell to he ground, smiling at her whilst the look in his eyes told her 'what is wrong with you?' After helping his twin up her feet Riley looked at Harriett and said, ''Har, this is my sister Elizabeth. Elizabeth this is Harriett.''

The fall was one of the things that was daily for Elizabeth she had so many bruises she almost lost count. Elizabeth saw only the back of her brother so when she saw another girl she felt a bit sorry for her. Maybe they were in a good conversation or something, Elizabeth was curious as always. She stood up while rubbing on her side. '' Hi! I'm alright this is nothing.'' she said smiling to the girl. Elizabeth didn't saw this girl before, maybe she was sorted into another house than Gryffindor. Elizabeth started to laugh when she saw his brothers face. She knew what he thought that was one of the things about being twins. Elizabeth knew her brother the best so that look was enough. '' Nice to meet you Harriett, Is my brother bothering you? He can be a pain in the ass sometimes, so I am your savior!'' she joked while making a superhero movement to Harriett with a big smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back