Third time lucky?

"I'll be the judge of that" Toni said thinking that she was quite a bias judge but she wouldn't admit that. Just another thing she could say to give Beau a big head. All her compliments that she thought, he would have the biggest ego alive. Better just to think it all.

As Beau said she would look fantastic, she didn't know if she should roll her eyes or just smile. Unable to decide Toni did both. "You're judgement may be just a bit bias" she added with a smile. That makes too of us She thought leaning in just a bit closer to him. Just that little bit of added closeness made her heart beat faster a few beats at least. He always had the effect on her and she loved it.

Though when he moved on to say that he didn't want anything for his birthday or christmas, Toni couldn't help but let out a small laugh. "You are completely hopeless you know that?" She said obviously teasing. He was one of the few people that Toni actually wanted to buy for and he didn't want anything. It didn't matter, Toni would end up getting him something regardless.

"I'm not promising anything" Toni said crossing her arms and looking away from a moment. Though only a moment before her eyes centered on his once more. "You can either help me pick something out or pray that I have good taste in buying gifts" Toni explained. She was getting him something for both occasions. Hopefully he would just accept that and help her out a bit on ideas.

Beau laughed, "Oh will you know?" he joked, shaking his head.
"And whats wrong with that?" he said laughing, "But I'm not biased. Anyone with eyes can tell you that," he said rolling his eyes but smiling at her. He saw her move a little closer, his heart rate increased steadily as he put his arm over her shoulders, he wondered why it was that any close contact with Toni and his heart seemed to go into overdrive, not that he was complaining. He loved the adrenaline that pumped through his veins as she inched closer, it reminded him of the first time he went snow boarding. Looking down the huge mountain and then just, floating down. At the time he had thought it the best feeling in the world, but now it came a clear second best to this feeling he was experiencing right now.
"Ah come on Toni, I don't need anything else." he said shaking his head, "Your enough," he added gently, his eyes flicked from the trees to her face where they lingered for a long moment. "I'm not helping you to waste money on me," he added firmly.

Toni smiled "There is nothing wrong with being bias. Not at all" She managed to say. Never in her mind would she think that she would be having a moment like this, in the forbidden forest. Actually never did she think that she would have another day like this with Beau. Glad that she hadn't blown it that first skating lesson, ages a go.

"You're stubborn" Toni said stating the obvious. Even if he was stubborn, Toni was hoping that she could be just a bit more. No way Toni was not going to get him any gifts for two most important occassions. It just didn't sit right with her.

Though she couldn't help but glance up at him looking into his eyes as Beau had stated that she was enough. "You're sweet" She said a soft smile contently sitting on her lips. "But I am still getting you something" Toni said stubbornly.

As her gaze turned to the trees in front of her, Toni wondered what she was going to get him. "You are still staying at the school for christmas?" Toni wondered hoping that he hadn't changed his mind.

"Good," Beau said laughing, he couldn't not be biased could he now?
"What and your not?" he said rolling his eyes but laughing gently to himself.He knew they were both stubborn, maybe he a little more then her but he didn't want her to spend money on him. It was really unneccessary.
"Of course," he said naturally, "Why have you decided to return home to your loving family?" he joked with a laugh. He couldn't wait for christmas, just the two of them in the common room, it would be great!

Toni laughed a bit. "Of course I'm stubborn. Just one of the things you like about me" Toni said smiling though. Maybe that wasn't something that Beau liked about her. She hoped her stubborn attitude at times was not something that Beau disliked. If so she was sorry to say that wasn't changing any time soon.

Thankfully smiling when he said that he was staying for christmas. "I am so staying." Toni said as if it was common sense. "I would rather give up shopping for life than have to spend the holidays with them" Toni added rolling her eyes. Though Toni doubted she could ever give up shopping she would if it meant never having to spend another holiday with her annoying family.

"I really hope the Slytherin common room isn't packed though" Toni said thinking that she would rather like the common room to be full of just a few people rather than crowded full of people that Toni probably didn't like.

Toni looked out at the trees in front of her, Toni smiled slightly. "You know at this rate I think we are going to have a million skating lessons before I am even close to being as good at you" Toni said thinking about how they rarely did too much skating during these so called lessons. "But I'm completely fine with that" Toni added.

Beau smiled, "I guess," he said softly, he had to agree with her there. If she wasn't stubborn and just went with everything he said he probably would get fed up with her pretty quickly.
"oh would you know? I think you should give up shopping for life anyway!" he joked, winking at her.
"No I think most people go home for the holidays, you know christmas is meant to be a family thing," he said rolling his eyes and shaking his head as if he strongly disagreed with the fact christmas was a family event.
"Oh right yeah," he said standing up, "I had completely forgot about skating," he siad laughing, "Show me what you got so far then?" he said, one eyebrow raised and a small friendly smirk on his face.

Toni wanted to let out a sigh as he agreed with her though she didn't. Of coarse Toni loved to be right but this was different. she was more relieved that Beau didn't find how stubborn she was just a bother. Most others seemed to. That was just another thing that made Beau different, another great thing of coarse.

Though as he said she should give up shopping anyway, Toni rolled her eyes playfully. "I can't do that" Toni said realizing that she probably couldn't give up shopping even if she had to. It was just a good thing that Toni didn't have to give shopping.

As Toni thought about how people actually went home for the holidays, Toni just didn't understand. Sure she had spent every holiday up to this one at home, but that was because Toni had no choice. Now she had a choice and she was taking the better choice.

Laughing a bit as Beau said he had forgotten the skating part, but still Toni hadn't minded at all. She was more than content just sitting there next to him. Yet as he stood up Toni decided she should do the same. "I think it's your turn to show off a bit. After all I was the one on the board when that caretaker came in and ruined the moment." Toni said smiling slightly at the thought.

"Why not?" Beau asked laughing, a fake sulky expression on his face. He really didnt understand the fascination with shopping but then again, he assumed it was a girl thing.
"no I've showed off enough today," he said grinning. "I want to see what you can do," he added a crooked smile stretching across his face. "Afterall the caretaker didnt send us here for nothing," he siad laughing and looking around. The clearing was nice, he would have to remember it and come back more often. It seemed like a good place to escape all those unwanted hufflepuffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back