Third time lucky?

Beau Hurley

Beau spotted the forest, he was still walking hand in hand with Toni glad that Tim, the caretaker, had suggested this place. "Right we're looking for that weird tree," he said smiling at Toni, he never seemed to be able to stop smiling when he was with her, which was strange but good he finally decided.

Toni looked at the forest in front of her. It was actually not as creepy as she had heard though she wasn't going to doubt that it should be forbidden. That would just be a stupid thing to jinx it. Hopefully Beau and her would met nothing unwanted in the forest.

Walking side by side with him, hand and hand, Toni thought about how the caretaker had explained the directions. Something about a tree, though Toni wasn't listening as to what the tree was supposed to look like. "Yep hopefully it won't be too hard to find" She said looing over at him and flashing a smile, seeing that Beau was also smiling.

The entrance to the forest seemed pretty clear, "Right look for a tree like Medus.." he began before he saw it, "There it is," he said picking up pace a little, "Now turn left," he said speaking allowed his actions, "And keep walking," he said laughing.
"I don't see why this place is made out to be so bad, it seems quite tame," he commented, looking around at the trees and leaves that were scattered along the floor.

Toni listened at Beau seemed to have to speak the directions aloud. Though she didn't mind. She was really just glad that Beau knew where he was going and actually paid attention to the Caretaker. Toni hadn't.

Though when he commented on how the forest was quite tame, Toni rolled her eyes. Even though she had been thinking the same thing, she didn't want to say it aloud and jinx the matters. "If we run into anything now I blame you" She said nudging him slightly.

"I still can't believe that that caretaker let us off so easy" Toni said a smile still on her face, though she was quite sure it wasn't going to leave anytime soon.

Beau chuckled loudly, "Aww you scared?" he teased nudging her slightly and giving her hand a squeeze, "Don't worry I'll protect you from anything we 'run' into," he said smiling crookedly at her.
"I know, we were lucky it was old Tim," he said laughing, it was still catching him off guard how much he smiled at laughed in toni's company. "Though really I mean it was only skateboarding in the entrance hall, it wasn't anything too serious," he said shrugging and looking out for the flat place Tim had suggested.

Toni shook her head. "Of coarse I'm not scared" She said hoping her tone supported that. Really she wasn't afraid of the forest. It could be that it didn't look scary in the least or maybe she really did believe that Beau would be able to protect her. Either way it was almost as if she wasn't walking through a forest that was supposed to hold home to some very dangerious creatures.

Letting out a small laugh at the fact that they were only skating in the entrance hall. "Yes it could of been worse" Toni said thinking what might of happened if the caretaker had shown up only minutes later. Pushing the thought out of mind, Toni's eyes glanced around the forest. For one taking everything in and then again looking for the spot that Tim had mentioned. "This is my first time in the forest" Toni admitted

Though as they walked a bit more she noticed a flat area in the distance not too far either. "Is that what he was talking about" Toni wondered pointing with her free hand.

"Good," Beau said smiling, he would never let anything happen to her not even in this so called forbidden forest.
"Mine to," he confessed, smiling at Toni. He liked the idea of them doing something together for the first time. "Ahh so it must be" he said smiling at the flat space around them. He dropped Toni's hand and put all the stuff on the floor, "Tim was right this place is great!"he said before walking back to her side and holdng her hand once more. "Lets sit for a while before we skate," he said gently, he sat on the floor. It was concrete and suprisingly didn't look that dirty, "I think you were going to tell me something before Tim interupted?" he said gently, a crooked smile on his face. He hoed 'show' would have been a more appropriate word but he didn't want to rush her.

Toni was slightly surprised that Beau had not been in the forest before. He seemed like the type to go exploring a lot, but no matter how much she was slightly surprised Toni made sure that he wasn't showing it on her face.

Though when the had reached the spot, Toni realized that it was decent. Seemed like a good spot for skating, not that Toni was really one to judge that. Anything flat and opened would look good for skating in her eyes. Yet Toni's judgement must have been right when Beau seemed so excited about it.

"Ok sitting works" Toni said when Beau suggested that they sit first before attempted to skate again. But Toni made sure to place the skate board she was carring gently on the ground. Before taking a seat right next to Beau. Though she couldnt' help but wonder if she was getting her outfit all dirty.

That thought didn't seem so important, when Beau brought back the conversation they were having before Tim seemed to find his way into the day. "oh" She said smiling as she held back a blush. Usually Toni never blushed but it was like Beau was one of the few that could easily make her without a second thought.

"Well" She said looking as if she was thinking. "I don't quite remember what I was going to say" She lied knowing quite well she had. A smile was clearly on her face as she turned to face Beau. "I mean what were we talking about?" She asked tilting her head to the side just a bit attempting to look like she had really forgotten. It was obvious that she hadn't forgotten though.

Beau smiled, "Am I that unimportant to you that you would forget so quickly?" he asked gently, a smally jokey scowl appearing on his face that instead of messing up his features, seemed to enhance them.
"I think it was somewhere along the lines of the last time we skated together," he said, as if recollecting a distant memory. He put his arm around her shoulder gently, staring infront of him for the briefest moment before his eyes flicked back to her face. He took a short, sharp intake of breath she really was beautiful, nothing less seemed to justify it.

Toni let out a small laugh as Beau spoke at first. "Oh no of coarse not. I guess I must just have a bad memory" She said of coarse that smile never faltering on her face. When she was with Beau that smile never seemed to disappear. With was so different than normal, when Toni was around the rest of the school population.

"Oh really last time we went skating" Toni said leaning in towards Beau as he put his arm around her shoulder. It was like everything seemed to be fitting into place once more. "Well to tell you the truth" Toni said looking over at him, her eyes just dancing. Perfect She thought. he is perfect She thought as she tried to continue what she had been staying. "I don't remember the skating as much" She said trying not to flash back to the memories too much.

"I remember something else much more" She said lefting her head a bit and inching in closer to him. "But I'm not sure what you remember" Toni said her voice growing softer with each word.

"A very bad memory," Beau said gently the smile still on his face which grew when he saw she too was smiling back at him, could life get any better?
Apparently it could. As she continued to speak his heart beat began to pick up, "Oh I remember something else much more too," he said gently, his own face moved closer to hers inch by inch. "In fact as I remember we didn't actually do that much skating," he said his face still moving painfully slowly towards hers but this moment had to be just right. His face was so close to hers now they were practically touching. He took a deep breath resting his forehead against hers, he had to wait for a minute just to enjoy this particular view he couldn't think of anything else right now. Just Toni, her eyes, her blonde hair. Her face was engraved in his mind.
"This is what I remember most," he said gently, his deep voice almost melodic. He lent forward and kissed her gently on the lips...

Toni at a point almost thought her heart was going to beat out of her chest. Each beat seemed to grow louder and beat at a faster pace as she watched him inch closer as well. "We did some skating" Toni said softly "But that wasn't my favorite part" Toni said her voice a whisper now. She just looked at him, his eyes telling the whole story.

Her breathing seemed to calm down though her heart was still beating faster. It was beating well into her ears, but she was almost certain that Beau couldn't hear it. Though as he began to speak once more, Toni's heart skipped a beat. Closing her eyes slowly as she too leaned forward a bit. Their lips met. Pulling away slowly, the smile seemed to increase. "Now I think I remember" She said softly.

"Me too," Beau said, his stomach felt weird. Almost fluttery, what was that all about? He lent his foreheard against hers once more, closing his eyes he breathed in her smell, "I love that," he whispered, his eyes still closed and his face pulled into a half smile.
He opened his eyes once more and looked her straight in the eye, his blue eyes deep with determination "This isn't going to be like last time is it?" he asked quietly, he closed his eyes waiting for it. When he had wanted so badly to take things further with her but she had Sam, but what was it like now? Now that Sam wasn't in the equation, did that change thigns for her? or was this, like before just a kiss.

Toni couldn't believe that this all seemed to be happening again. How could it all? Almost as if she, they, were getting a second chance. The first time she had blown everything knowing quite well that nothing could be done with Sam in the story. Could anything be even though he wasn't?

As Beau placed his forehead against hers, a soft smile remained on her face as she closed her eyes knowing and loving that she knew that if she opened them he would still be there right next to her. "Love what?" Toni asked her voice no more than the softest whisper.

Opening her eyes moments before he opened his own, she couldn't help but be taken back by his almost breath taking blue eyes. How could her brown eyes ever come close to comparing to his.

The question he seemed to ask didn't seem one that could be answered easily though as last time many of Beau's questioned never seemed able to be answered. "I don't think this can be like before" Toni answered finally. How could she be given a second chance and just let it go as she had in the past? "That's a good thing" She paused "I think" She added. At the moment Toni wasn't sure of anything. Usually she could handle quite a bit, she was sure of most things but Beau confused her. Everything about their situation from the start confused her.

Beau laughed gently at her question but didn't answer, instead just choosing to smile softly at her.
"I think so too," he said smiling, she was always so confusing whatever he did he could never figure her out. Everything she said was like a riddle to him, but he loved that about her. How everything she said he had to think about before he could answer. "Where do we go from here?" he asked sighing gently, he wasn't sure if the answer was something he wanted to hear, but then again he had no idea himself but surely she must.
((Sorry for the short post!))

As Beau asked where they went from there, Toni couldn't quite answer that. She wasn't sure. How was she supposed to be sure? Here they were in a place that was supposed to be forbidden supposed to be having a skating lesson but instead, instead they were both here so close, Toni could swear that he could hear her heart which seemed to be still beating faster than normal.

How was she supposed to know what to do about all this? "I don't know where we go" Toni said not sure why she couldn't come up with a better answer to all this. "It's not only up to me you know" She added her voice soft but still she managed a small laugh.

"Things got in the way last time" Toni continued not saying right out which things, Sam mostly though. "Those things are not in the mix anymore" She continued.

((It's Fine Love))

Beau smiled as his heart hammered in his cheast, he wondered what she was thinking and had to stop himself from asking. The question before was probably enough for her to think about for the moment, "I just wanted your opinion," he said laughing gently.
"So basically theres nothing stopping us," he said quietly, his tone suggesting he was extremly happy about this.
He thought for a moment, was Sam really the only reason nothing had happened last time? He had been sure it was but maybe she had used him as an excuse, but then again surely they wouldn't be in this situation if that was the case.
"What you thinking?" he asked gently, the question out of his mouth before he could stop it.

Toni smiled as Beau said that he wanted her opinion. Really Toni could care less about her own opinion, Toni wanted to know his opinion, what Beau was thinking. Usually Toni was rather good at telling what people had on their mind, but it wasn't always different with Beau.

"Nothing" Toni replied softly wondering how this would change things and if so how much. There was nothing stopping them, no Sam, no anything. Well at least Toni didn't think there was anything. Comparing his tone, Toni guessed that he was happy about this fact, maybe even possibly as happy as she was about this whole thing.

The smile never leaving her face, though she was really caught off gaurd by his question. What was she thinking? So much was going on in her mind. "I'm thinking about just about everything" Toni said knowing that it was a stupid answer, but it was true. "I'm thinking about all this, the Yule ball, us" She said her cheeks turning the slightest shade of pink when she mentioned the last part. Us She thought wondering if there was such a thing. They couldn't just be friends anymore. She hoped not.

"What are you thinking about right now?" She asked wondering if his thoughts seemed to be completely different from hers.

Beau smiled as he noticed Toni's cheeks redden slightly, us. he like the way that sounded, especially coming from Toni. His mind explored the future, reaching out to the yule ball and beyond. He wondered what it would be like, how it would turn out. For better or for worse? He could only hope the latter never happened, he would never forgive himself if things ever ended badly between the two of them. They were best friends, but then again they were so much more...
"Me?" he repeated gently, "I'm thinking about you," he said softly, pausing before he carried on, "And me, us," he said the smile spreading wider across his face.
"Oh yeah the yule ball! I believe we have a shopping date?" he said laughing and rolling his eyes slightly.

Toni could tell that her cheeks had turned back to their normal colour. That was a relief, she really hated to blush. It just wasn't something she liked to do all the time though she seemede to quite a bit when she was around Beau.

Her thoughts seemed to turn back to the Yule ball, she still needed to get a dress a perfect dress. What type of dress, Toni did not know. She just knew that she was going to the ball with Beau which meant she had to look her best ever.

Though when he began to talk about what he was thinking about, Toni could only smile. "Sounds even better when you say it" Toni said letting that slip out before she managed to think about what she was saying. It was true. She liked to hear Beau considered them as one unit, us.

As he mentioned the yule ball her thoughts tristed back to her dress once more. "Yeah we do. Get you that perfect suit" She said smiling at the thought of Beau in a suit. "Lots of stores and suites to try on" Toni said laughing softly knowing how much he really disliked shopping.

Beau smiled, "You think?" he said shaking his head, it sounded much better when she said it. To know that she was thinking the same as him atleast some of the time was a relief.
"No Toni," he said shaking his head, "I don't try stuff on, you can just pick it out and then I'll wear it," he said laughing.
"Have you got your dress yet?" he asked, wondering if girls actually got their dresses in advance. Maybe they weren't that different to guys and just put anything on. But then again they always looked so good, maybe they did put alot of effort into it.

Toni held back the laugh when Beau said that he didn't try on outfits. "I thought we had this discussion. You promised me three outfits that you would try on" Toni said smiling. She knew very well that she couldn't force him to try on the different suits and he would look perfect in the first one that he chose, Toni just knew it. Though she did enjoy messing with him a bit, his reactions always made her smile.

When he asked if she had gotten her dress, Toni shook her head. "No I haven't been able to find the perfect dress quite yet" Toni said realizing that she really wasn't looking too hard. Sure she looked at some of the dresses at the shop she worked at but none of them were up to her standards. Really she needed the perfect dress.

"I'll have to get it some other time. After we buy you a suit." She said already planning when she would go. "I mean you can't see my dress until that night of the Yule ball" Toni said smiling hoping that she would be able to make her entrance to the ball just as if she dreamed.

Pushing herself out of the fantasy, Toni looked over at him. "So when do we want to make this shopping trip. We are running out of time" Toni said glad that she could say that.

"Yeah Well Ive been thinking," Beau said, a small friendly scowl on his face. "Three is too many, i mean seriously. there only tux's," he said shaking is head. He couldn't understand why people didn't try tux's on, it was weird.
Beau laughed, "Oh but you look perfect in anything," he said honestly. "You really don't need to look to hard," he said shrugging. It was true, even as she sat here now in casual clothes she still looked amazing to him. "Huh? Why can't I?" he asked, the small scowl back on his face, which soon faded into a smile "Let me guess so you can see the expression on my face when you make an entrance?" he said happily, that seemed fine with him.
"Toni we have ages till the ball," he said shaking his head, "But whenever you like princess. Its really up to you, seeing as your going to be doing everything but trying on the stupid thing," he said laughing.

Toni rolled her eyes as Beau began to speak. "You made a deal" Toni said trying to make her tone serious and stubborn though it didn't exactly match the bright smile on her face. "You will just have to look perfect in the first one you try on" Toni said knowing that he would. She could threaten to make him try on sixty tuxes and still he would only have to try on the first one to look his best. Guys have it easy She thought but knew that it really wasn't all guys it was probably just Beau.

Though Toni couldn't help but shake her head when Beau said she would look perfect as anything. "We'll see" She said planning on looking wonderful. She had no choice. It was just how she had to be, what people expected from her. Plus she had to look great for Beau. Out of all the girls he had asked her to the ball, She didn't want him to regret that when he saw the dress she picked out. That was why the dress was so important, but she wan't going to say that.

When Beau seemed confused as to why he couldn't see the dress until the Yule ball Toni let out a small laugh. It didn't take him long to figure it out though. "Of coarse I have to make my grand entrance" Toni said hoping that everything would go as planned, perfect. "But your reaction is very important as well" She said

"And no we dont' have ages" Toni said. Usually girls had their dresses months before the dance itself. Toni was waiting until the last minute compared to most of the rest. "And when we go on the shopping trip I still have to get you something for your birthday" Toni said though then she thought of something else "Oh and a Christmas gift" She added not knowing what to get Beau for either of them. Maybe that would be harder than finding a dress.

Beau smiled, "Hmm, I think that might be possible," he joked a small grin on his face.
"Come on Toni, you know you'll look fantastic," he said gently. His mind wondered to the ball and what she would look like, stunning of course. He knew he would be upstaged by her but that didn't matter to him, the fact that she was coming with him put a smile on his face. He liked her more then he had liked anyone before but he just wasn't quite sure how to tell]/I] her. Showing her didn't seem to be a problem has he had jst illistrated, but words didn't seem to convey what he was feeling.
"No Toni, I don't want anything for my birthday. OR christmas," he said stubbornly crossing his arms. "Okay? Don't get me anything promise," he said smiling gently. He already had in his mind what he was getting her for christmas, but he didn't want her to spend any money on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back