Thinking

Rhyspa Marinescu

OOC First Name
Katie; Mini Me
Wand
Willow Wand 14" Unicorn Tail Hair
Rhyspa silently walked down to the lake front, her messenger bag's strap across her chest. It never left her side anymore. She needed air, she'd been cooped up far too many weeks without going outside. Rhyspa kicked at the pebbles as she walked along side the shoreline, the ebbing tide barely touching her feet. The lap of waves against stone and sand were a comforting sound to the almost fourteen year old. Her birthday was in a few weeks and she didn't know what to think. She knew she'd still be at school, but would she get two letters or just one?

Her ocean blue eyes searched for a place to sit, a stone, tree trunk, anything. She found a large rock a few strides away and headed towards it. Rhyspa threw her bag onto the rock and climbed up the smaller ones to get to the largest one; the one she planned to perch herself on. Once she sat down, Rhyspa's mind faded into her thoughts. A lone tear slid down her pale face sprayed with freckles.

Estrella's mood had been quite alleviated lately, despite the fact that she was lagging behind in a few of her classes. She had a feeling that this would not sit well with her grandfather, nor her father, for that matter, although she was quite more intimidated by the former than the latter. But not having gotten any letters for her birthday, she was in a rather carefree mood, not feeling inclined to do her best at the moment. She had decided to take a walk on the Lakefront to clear her mind, and maybe she might pay a visit to the rosebush. However, she did not manage to make it there, as she saw one of the few people in the school she was able to talk to, Rhyspa. She appeared to be distressed; and while Estrella was not the best at consoling people, she figured it would be best not to just leave her there.

Walking slowly up to her friend, remembering well the encounter with the Ghost of Annick in the Girl's bathroom, she stated quietly, "Rhyspa? Are you okay?"

What a dumb question, she chastised herself, of course she's not okay, she's crying.

Rhyspa looked up, startled by a sudden voice. Her eyes glanced around and they settled on a familiar face, Estrella. Rhyspa smiled weakly, "Just stressed." Her eyes were still flooded with tears. She moved to face the older girl and said, "Do you want to sit down?" Rhyspa moved her bag to make room on the large rock.

Estrella could only nod, taking a seat on the large rock next to Rhyspa. Crossing her arms over her shoulders, she looked to the younger student. "Do you want to talk about it?" She inquired slowly. She didn't know Rhyspa well enough that she knew exactly what to do when she was stressed, so she was kind of winging it.

Rhyspa blinked. She wasn't sure how to say anything to another person. The only person she had talked to was her mother and that was completely different. Rhyspa decided that she would probably be better off if she talked to someone closer to her age and Estrella was only a year older.

Rhyspa let out a deep breath and began. "My father decided to leave my mother, sister, and I, " she whispered, tears sliding down her face. "It was sudden. There was shouting and name-calling." Rhyspa stopped, trying to calm herself down but it didn't work. "He said he made a mistake, marrying my mum and having Callan and I," Rhyspa choked out. "He said we were dirty witches and devil worshipers." She couldn't stand repeating the things that her father screamed at them. "It was awful," Rhyspa finished in a whisper.

"I'm- I'm sorry, Rhyspa," Estrella said a bit quietly, feeling a bit of pity for the girl crying before her. "He should never have said anything like that. Are you sure he really meant it?" Before she knew what she was doing, she put her arm around Rhyspa's shoulder, attempting to console her. "Sometimes, people will do and say things they don't mean to do, even if it hurts other people." She knew that what she was saying must sound stupid, but what else could she say?

"I don't know," Rhyspa said. "He sounded so angry when he said it. It sounded like he meant it, but I don't know what to think." She looked over at Estrella, thankful that she was there to console her. Rhyspa had drifted away from her friends since Christmas break, but she was hurting inside and she didn't know how to talk about it. "I sent a letter to my mum and she said he still loved me and Callan. She blamed herself," Rhyspa said with a hint of anger. "I don't believe it was her fault. If he didn't love her, then why did her marry her?" Questions flew through Rhyspa's head as her anger grew. "Why did he have to do this? Destroy our family like that?"

Good question, Estrella thought to herself, looking to Rhyspa. She knew at least a bit what she was going through, but the situation was so different that she wasn't entirely sure what to say. "Your mom shouldn't be blaming herself, Rhyspa, but I'm sure you're dad really does love you, even if he's terrible at showing it. These things can be really, really hard. My dad- He hasn't been around much for me either, and you can say he broke up my family." She gave Rhyspa a small smile, and she added, "I know it may seem hard to believe now- I mean, it took me ten years to realize the same thing. But the love is still there. It can't just be gone after fourteen years of having you as a kid, Rhyspa!" She hoped that she was saying the right things, giving Rhyspa a small smile of assurance.

Rhyspa smiled gratefully at Estrella. "Yeah," she said quietly. "I hope he does. I can't stop loving him. He's still my Da. Not much I can do to change that." Rhyspa looked out across the lake, the greenish blue color was beautiful. "Thanks for talking to me," Rhyspa said, looking at Estrella. "I really needed to let it out."

"No problem," Estrella said, with a small grin, "I'm sure everything will turn out fine Rhyspa." I hope it does, for her sake. Estrella was past caring about many people, but the Hufflepuff girl deserved the best she could get.

Rhyspa smiled. "Thanks, again 'Strella," Rhyspa said. "I really appreciate you listening and giving me some advice. It really helps, you know? Even though I don't know you that well, you still helped me." She looked down, a lock of brown hair fell into her face and she habitually pushed it back behind her ear. "Now, all I need to do is get myself together! Almost all of my lessons are late and exams are in two weeks!" Rhyspa
realized. "Crap," she looked over to Estrella. "I'm going to be even more stressed! Goody!" Rhyspa mumbled sarcastically.

Rhyspa grabbed her messenger bag and stood up. She debated on hugging Estrella and decided, what would it hurt? Rhyspa hugged the older girl, and said thanks again. "I'll see you around," she said. "Hopefully I won't get too bogged down!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back