Thinking it all through

James Abbott

Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash,
James had been walking in the grounds, it was getting late. And he didnt want to go back to the common room, so he walked towards the forbiden forest, he stopped just outside the forest and looked around,no one was watching so he walked into the forest. He walked for at least 20 minutes, when he found a clearing and sat on the mossy floor, leaning against a falled log.

Steph had been up in a corridor, staring out at the dark grounds, when she saw a figure walk across to the forbidden forest, it didnt take long for her to realise it was James. She ran out into the grounds and followed. By this time the sky's were a deep blue, and the moon was a brilliant white. Steph walked slowly behind James, she watched from behind a tree as he sat down. She waited a few minutes before she stepped out into the moonlight. 'James?'

James jumped up. 'Steph? What the hell are you doing here?' his voice was strong, and no matter how hard he tried he couldnt make himself sound polite. Not after what that note had said.

Steph winced at the toughness in his voice. 'We need to sort this out James.' She said, her voice shaky. She was cold, she hadnt brought a coat out with her.

'Didnt i tell you i needed time to think?' James snapped, he turned around, and kicked some dirt.

'Stupid?' James' voice rising, he spun around, facing her. 'Im not the stupid one, how would you feel if you got a note telling you that i was using you?' He shouted.

'Dont start that again,' Steph said loudly. She walked towards him, and touched his hand. 'I didnt come here to argue.'

James looked down at her, he wrapped his fingers around hers, and stared into her eyes, he lent in towards her, and closed his eyes, their lips inches from each other, he dropped her hand and opened his eyes, all he could think of was the words. 'She's using you,'. 'Steph..' He said, 'I cant do this.'

For one minute Steph thought everything was going to be okay, until James dropped her hand, like it was a hot potato. Her eyes filled with tears, 'James?! James please? I would never ever do anything like that, i wouldnt use you? James you know me, you know me better than i know myself. James please?' She begged tears falling onto the ground.

James looked at her, tears stained her face, her eyes red, her pink hair weak, she looked like she hadnt eaten for days. 'Steph..' He said slowly, he couldnt bare to see her break down again. 'I want the truth, are you using me? Have you ever used me?'

'James i swear, id never do that. Id never hurt you.' Steph said, tears still falling onto her cheeks.

James could tell she wasnt lying. Steph was right, James did know her better than anyone in the world, and he knew when she was lying. He walked towards her, wiped her tears, and hugged her.

Steph put her arms behind James' back, she cried softly into his shoulder. Steph wasnt sure whether she was crying out of happiness, or she was crying out all the hurt in her body. She tried to say something, but the words wouldnt leave her mouth.

James held Steph close to him, he could hear her sobbing, so he moved backwards a little, and looked into her face, he smiled and kissed her, a kiss that made up for a month of fights, and a month of lonlyness. One of his hands at the bottom of her back, the other in her hair.

Steph kissed him back. When they broke apart, Steph silently walked over to the fallen log and sat on the floor, leaning against it like James had. She looked up to the sky, the sky was black, and the bright moon was shining all around her.

James sat down next to her, he looked up at the sky, then down at his watch. It was 1am. 'Its late.' He said quietly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back