OOC First Name
Pheeb
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
13" Straight Holly Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather
It had been a few days since Valentine’s Day and for the most part things were going well for Tres. That being said there was still one thing that was hurting her and it was the note she pulled out her pocket, crumpled and worn as she’d already read it a thousand times. She didn’t know why anyone would want to send her a rose with a note as horrible as this. It was like whoever sent this to her had found her most insecure part of her mind and thrown it straight at her face. If it was true, and people didn’t like her, what was she doing here? She had to be liked. That was all she had. Tres sat on a bench by herself, watching a few people pass and going about their day. It was hitting her that maybe the note was true. She didn’t have many friends, and wasn’t that close to the ones she did have. Maybe everyone really did hate her and they were just lying to her face.

Daintree had been out on the grounds, he’d gone for a walk, spent some time on the pitch and generally just spent his time by himself. He was walking back to the dorm room when he spotted Tres sitting at a bench by herself. She didn’t look too happy and he felt a little bad for her. He had friends, people he could spend time with, but she did seem frequently alone. He walked over to her and smiled, ”Hey Tres,” he greeted his girlfriend with a little smile, it was important for him to be good to her, to help her out and be able to make her happy, It was a pity that stuck at school he couldn’t just invite her out and buy her things, ”You okay?” he asked her. He’d always been raised with the idea that money helped people, it made things better - easier. He motioned to the seat next to her and hoped to sit with her.

Tres was blinking back tears when she realised she felt as though she couldn't even go to Uno about it. Her sister would understand some of what was going on in her head but not all of it. She looked up to see her boyfriend walking over to her though and quickly tried to pull herself together, shaking away her upset-ness and trying to sit as though she was just enjoying the weather out here. She didn't want Daintree to think that people hated her, what if he started to think it too? She nodded quickly, stuffing the note back into her pocket, "Yes. I'm good," she lied, planting a smile on her face to the beater as she motioned for him to sit down. She was going to have to figure out who sent the note, but right now she was just trying not to believe it. Right now, people might have been watching her anyway so it was probably a good idea that she perk up a little, and she shifted closer to the Slytherin. "How has your day been? Have you been practising?" she asked, keen to find out how the team were doing.

Daintree noted that Tres seemed to shake off her emotions, she seemed to be lying to him about being good, but he wasn’t sure he wanted to pursue it further, he wished there was a quick way of taking out his wallet and giving her money, but with Hogwarts and magic the way it was he didn’t bother carrying money, there was no need. He gave her a little smile, hoping that it would be enough to cheer her up for a while. ”There’s a brightstone weekend coming up, let me take you out on a date,” Daintree told her, even if she didn’t feel good at this point in time, he hoped that being able to show her how special she was to him, in a way where he could spend money would help her feel better if she wasn’t. At the question he gave a little shrug, ”I have been, we’ve got an important game,” the boy said, ”It’ll be good, I think we’re in shape to win it,” he said to her, with a little smugness in his tone.

Tres didn't want to bog Daintree down with things in her life that didn't seem as though they would help either one of them. It was much easier to pretend it just didn't exist, and maybe they would go away eventually. Whoever wrote the note might change their mind, although it would have been easier if she'd known who wrote it in the first place because then she could have asked them about it. Dain smiled at her and her entire face lit up, her eyes watching every movement as the boy spoke to her. She shifted in her seat a little, turning her body to face him properly, "I would like that," Dates with Daintree were the best. Unlike most people, he could actually see her, and she no longer felt as though she was by herself or invisible or only good for one thing. He spoke about feeling good for their game, and Tres' smile widened, her hand moving to the back of his hair to lightly stroke it as she'd seen other couples do before. Really it was quite comforting too, "I know you'll do well Dain," she had no doubt her boyfriend would also make an excellent beater once he was no longer an alternate on the team, and then maybe everyone else would see how great he was too. Daintree was everything she could ever hope to find in a boyfriend. He was cute and attentive, confident and assured, and made Tres feel like she was the only person in the world for a moment. Daintree didn't even seem nervous about the Quidditch game, which only made her even more confident for him too. "And next year, everyone is going to know who you are." If Liam was graduating that meant there'd be a permanent place for him, "You're going to be even more amazing," Tres kissed him on the cheek almost restless herself with secondary excitement.

Daintree felt as she agreed to the date that she wasn’t going to tell him what was going on. He thought it would be his role to console her, but if she didn’t want to share it with him, then he wouldn’t force her to. It would be her choice to tell him and he was perhaps a little pleased she didn’t say anything because it was likely that he couldn’t do anything about it and throwing money at the situation would probably be a little unhelpful to. He couldn’t even throw that much money at it because they’d be trapped at school. But, Dain felt like offering the date was a good step, to show her that he cared, to show her that he was keen. He wanted to make sure that she felt appreciated. He nodded at her statement, he wouldn’t do much in reality but cheer on from the sidelines. He would certainly not manage more than that. He was looking forward to his chances to a full spot on the team, he was looking forward to being able to do more to help out and was sure he would manage it. The teen just had to wait until next year, and Tres seemed to know that too. ”That’s why I’m practicing so much, to be sure I can be the best,” he told her, ”And you’ll be cheering me each step of the way right?” he asked her, it was mostly a joke, she didn’t need to go along, but he would appreciate being able to say that his girlfriend was cheering him on loudly that she was there and he’d be able to show her off properly. He gave a little smile to Tres, ”When slytherin win this game, you’ll accompany me to the after party right?”

It was a relief when Dain didn't start asking her more questions about why she looked upset, and she put it down to the fact that she was very good at being able to hide it. It wasn't like this was the first time, she'd spent years having to hide her true feelings especially when it came to her family. Tres hadn't actually felt the need to go to the Quidditch games before now, but since she now had a boyfriend who was on the team she knew it was very important that she went along to support him. "Of course I will," she smiled at him, always glad to hear it too when he wanted her around with the people he knew. Tres wanted to get to know them better and when her boyfriend asked if she was coming to the the after party she almost looked offended. "Do you actually think I would want to miss something like that?" she said, although just as quickly as she was shocked she'd become excited again at the idea of being formally introduced to them all. She tilted her head, resting it on Daintree's shoulder. She may have only started to get to know him from this year, but he was comfortable and she was happy to be around him. He genuinely seemed to have her interests at heart and she appreciated that. Her arm slid through his, holding on to him like the koalas she saw held onto their trees. Their roots. The things that kept them grounded. She was a little nervous to think that maybe it was someone on the team that sent her the rose, but she wasn't sure she knew them well enough to.

Daintree wondered briefly if perhaps he should’ve pushed Tres a little harder about how she was feeling, seeing as though he had found her looking quite upset but he decided not to and he felt this was the right decision to make. He didn’t want to delve too much into her feelings, if he did he knew he would have to be a more attentive boyfriend, and he liked to think they were still at the surface level things. He didn’t want to get into how she was feeling just yet, he felt like they weren’t there yet. He was happier to just take her out and spend money to help her feel better. That was how people felt better. The boy found it easier to make people happy by throwing money at it. He had worked exceedingly hard to get all of his friends and to keep the relationships between them positive, but it would’ve been easier if he could’ve thrown more money at it. The slytherin smiled as she said she wouldn’t miss it. He wasn’t too surprised by that but it would be good to have her there. He would’ve put his arm around her if she hadn’t moved to be holding on to him. ”I’ll be sure to introduce you to the captain, she’s a good person, you’ll like her,” he assured Tres, knowing that she would appreciate being introduced to people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back