There aren't 13 reasons just 2 reasons why ...

Nora Seville-Maxwell

HNZ Alumni | NY Parsons Alumni | Spanish

OOC First Name
Alex
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
It was pathetic how she had to see the school counselor, there wasn't anything wrong with her. Yes, she did attempt to jinx the person she hates but he lived anyways. It was actually a waste of time, when the time spent with the counselor can be wasted on learning instead. Exams are on the way and she's more concern about it than what she did awhile back. Nora wanted to tell her cousin Teagan what happened but the older girl doesn't have a clue what was going on with her, nor she wanted to hear what she attempted to do with her boyfriend. With a sigh and a last look in the mirror, she came out of her dormitory, heels clicking as she went down the spiral staircase toward the common room. Nora ignored her housemates as she made her way out, she just hoped Teagan or Caelan weren't around the library.

The Slytherin first year was cautious and yet, confident. She did something awful but that was it though, no one got hurt and yet, she's being punished. Adams deserved it anyways if it did hit him. Teagan can moved on easily. Arriving at the library, it was as if there was a silencing charm around, it was gloriously quiet although there were still people. It was the perfect timing for studying but that luxury is gone for now. Nora kept her face business like and walked toward the counselor's office at the back of the library. Every step she took was like a death penalty, a Maxwell never got to this point in their lives, they're aristocratic and they have perfect minds. Arriving in front of the door with an etched plaque with the name of the counselor, Nora knocked graciously and waited for an answer.

Her first client in a new job was always intimidating, but Maria felt strangely almost comforted, sitting in her new office back at Hogwarts. She had never expected to associate feelings of homeliness with this place, but reading over the file of the student she was expecting, Maria felt like she had returned to a place she belonged. Her thoughts were interrupted by a knock at her door - time to get started already. As she stood up and set the files back on her desk, Maria took a quick breath, and a moment to centre herself, before opening the door. "Hi, you must be Nora. Come on in, have a seat." She said with a warm smile, closing the door behind the girl for privacy before returning to her own chair and picking up the file again.

"Now, my name's Maria, I'm a new counsellor here at Hogwarts, and I'm first and foremost here for you, to make sure you're getting the most out of your time at school." She smiled encouragingly. "Everything you say here is confidential, unless I feel like you're going to hurt yourself, or someone else, in which case it's the law that I have to tell someone. But this time is about you, you can tell me anything you like and it stays in this room, you don't have to worry about rumours, or being judged, or anything like that. You can say what's really on your mind, and if you have problems you're struggling to deal with, we'll work on them together." She smiled encouragingly, before looking over her notes quickly. "Now, my notes say you've been sent to see me because you tried to jinx another student. Do you want to start off by talking about that?"

It wasn't long that the door was answered and a very polite lady emerged. Nora raised an eyebrow, she was curious why she didn't just used magic to open the door but then again some wizards prefer the exercise. "I hope you're not expecting any other Nora." The Slytherin said, almost a whisper as she went on and entered the office. Nora took a seat in front of the lady's table and crossed her legs. She looked around, it was like any other office in the castle but, of course, the Headmistress was still the top notch.

Once she heard the lady tell her her name, Nora's gaze set upon Maria. It cringed her as the dark haired Slytherin listened to her rantings about the procedure that she normally hears on television shows. Shrinks as they call them in the muggle world unofficially, Psychologist in the scientific world. Nora can feel her right eye twitching and when Maria finished, she smiled sweetly. Nora uncrossed her legs and leaned forward slightly to the table in front of her, "Like I told the Headmistress ... that student deserved to be jinx and I didn't care if that student got hurt." Her tone firm. The girl was already alright with her punishment with the wand and cleaning but making her look like a lunatic by sending her to a counselor was annoying.

"But I know you're being paid here, so, I'll get my money's worth." Obviously the school was being funded by the Ministry and who funds the Ministry? The people and her parents are one of them. Nora sigh and leaned back on her chair. "I don't want for my cousin to end up with a guy that doesn't know her life after school. In short, he doesn't deserved her ..." She thought she was finish but added, "And before you say your conclusion about the situation, no, I'm not jealous of my cousin. Boys are at the back of my mind." Nora wanted that out before her counselor say it that way. The Slytherin was already bored and she doesn't know how long a session she has to have with Maria.

Maria took a few quick notes as she listened, not surprised by Nora's apathy towards the meeting. People who had been referred to counselling against their will were rarely enthusiastic to talk about their problems, but at least she wasn't outright refusing to talk about it. She had to stop herself from chuckling sightly at Nora's comment about the student having deserved it, the sentiment quite a familiar one to Maria from her own days at Hogwarts.

"I see." Maria said calmly, finishing off her notes. "Well, I certainly wasn't going to say anything like that. You don't sound like you're jealous at all. You sound like you really worry about your cousin, and want to protect her, is that right?" She asked gently, meeting Nora's eyes. "I'm curious about what you mean about her life after school though. What is it that he doesn't understand that makes him undeserving of her?"

The Slytherin was surprised at the counselor's response. It was odd that people whose job is to talk to random people and hear their problems can figure it out. Nora nodded eagerly, "Yes, exactly. I worry about Teagan ending up with that Hufflepuff." The eleven year old was beginning to get interested and liking the session a little bit more. Someone adult that figure it out was a first. "It's not what he doesn't understand and oh, I think he understand clearly what kind of family my cousin came from. Our line either ends up being married into a nobility or someone with rank and the Hufflepuff doesn't have either of them." Nora knows she doesn't hold her cousin on the neck but she can prevent something from happening. "Look ... Ms. Maria ... I don't have a brain problem here, what I did was a family instinct and family is very important to me. So, if you're scribbling that I need more session then that's up to you but don't expect me to open up anymore for the next session." She gave her a slight smile. She wasn't a psycho and she never will be.

Maria nodded, taking notes as she listened to all of Nora's complaints. "I see. That sounds like a difficult situation. Being expected to marry a specific kind of person has to be a lot of pressure for people as young as you." She said gently. "But the first thing you need to remember is that your cousin is quite young, I don't think she's planning to marry this Hufflepuff boy any time soon. Who she dates in Hogwarts isn't necessarily going to have any impact at all on what she decides to do with her future." She said encouragingly. "The other thing to remember is that what matters in all this is your cousin's choices. Even if your family has expectations, she's her own young lady, and it's her right to decide whether to follow the family's guidance or not. Nobody chooses who they fall in love with, it just happens, and if your cousin is really important to you then I'm sure the thing that matters most is that she grows up happy. If she's found someone she's happy with, don't you want her to get to experience that happiness?" She asked gently, hoping the young girl would be able to see that side of things. It was always difficult talking to young people who had been raised in such a strict environment.

Maria smiled a little sadly at Nora's other comments. "I don't think you're mentally ill at all, Nora, that's not what I'm writing. I think you've been under a lot of pressure and you want to do the right thing and protect the people who matter to you, but I think the pressure you've grown up with has taught you to see the world in a very black-and-white way, when people are a bit more complicated than that. I'm only here to help you find other ways of looking at things and dealing with your emotions, that's my job."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back