Closed The Winds of Change

Tanith looked up to her older sisters as the twins started chanting. She crawled over to Tullia as they disappeared into the kitchen. "What's going on?" She whispered, looking to her older sister. "Is everything okay?"

Turlough giggled. "Moo-vee," He echoed, before crawling over to his twin. "Rock," He pointed, shifting to sit down. "Pretty," He gave his twin a toothy grin, giggling again.

Tullia was trying to see and hear, but the older sisters went to the kitchen and with the twins chatting there was no way for even Tullia to make out what was being said. Instead she just glanced at Tanith and gave a little forced smile. She was now the third oldest, she was a big sister, she had to look after the younger ones. "Yeah, everythings fine, don't worry," she said to her sister, not believing her own words.

Tiernan nodded in agreement with his brother. He showed him the rock that he'd collected. "Yeah!" he said excitedly in agreement, since it was a very pretty rock. "Wanna hold?" he said offering the rock to his twin.

Twila felt her heart dropping. She pulled her little sister into a hug, holding her tightly. "Hey, sweetie, shh," She brushed her hands over Tessa's hair. "It's okay, I'm here. I promise," She reassured her, rocking her gently. "Stay here. I just finished fixing this place up, there's room for all of us if we double up, it's okay." She pressed a kiss to her temple. "Let's get things sorted and settled," She pulled back, brushing Tessa's hair back. "I just got a great paycheck, let's order in some furniture. For now, why don't we set up a big slumber party in the living room? Blankets and forts, it will be great. We can order in pizza."

Tessa clung to her sister, taking several deep breaths to try and calm herself down. Relief flooded through her, but she couldn't break down. She had to go back out there, had to go sit with her siblings again. She nodded at Twila's instructions, nodding. "Right. Let's get them snacks, set up the movie, then we can settle in." She agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back