The Wind Bloweth

Faith Lovelight

Wand
Yew Wand 13 ½" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Faith picked up her hand bag and departed from the Hufflepuff common room, she felt happy today, and decided she wanted to go for a stroll on the lawns. She left the school through the side door that wasn't as busy as the main entrance and leaving the school. She inhaled deeply the fresh air as she sat down by a large oak tree, pulling out a book from her bag, that she had taken a shine to in the recent weeks, smiling as she turned the pages.

Wednesday had been sitting up in the Hufflepuff girl's dorm as she finished up some last minute work. When the exams seemed to be coming close she was getting more and more pressure about getting the best grades possible. This muggleborn puff was determined she was just as good maybe better than people that had grown up in the wizarding world all their lives. Plus Wednesday wanted to make her mother proud, being the only child that she had.

Looking out the window longingly, Wednesday noticed the sun shine gently. "A little break can't hurt" She muttered as she closed her books and placed them on her beds. Throwing on a light jacket, Wednesday headed for the lawns. Walking around for awhile enjoying the little break from work she wondered if she really had to go back and do it now.

Deciding to stay outside for a bit, she noticed a young girl about her own age sitting on the lawn. Walking over to the tree in which the girl sat by, Wednesday smiled noticing it was Faith a fellow Hufflepuff. "Mind if I join you?" Wednesday asked.

Faith jumped when she heard a familiar voice, she put down her book, putting her hand on her chest. "Wednesday! Hi!" she exclaimed, patting the ground bidding her to sit down. "Sure I need company" she said, smiling. "Look forward to exam week next week?" she sighed.

Wednesday couldn't help but smile when Faith jumped hoping that she hadn't scared her too much if any at all. "Hey Faith" She said brightly as she took a seat next to Faith on the ground looking up at the huge tree that seemed to shade them.

Though as she mentioned the exams, Wednesday rolled her eyes. "Oh I can't wait" She said her voice of coarse not meaning a word of it. "I just have to start studying" Wednesday said pausing for a minute. "Soon" She added.

"Just think after exams we get a bit of a break" Wednesday said trying to think positive

Nevermind.

[erm..ok? Silly Aurora :p]

"Yeh I guess when you look at it that way it's not so bad" she said with a smile. "Except I have to go and do my job at Obsidian Harbor" she sighed, she didn't mind it, it just took up lots of her time. "Are you doing anything interesting over the holidays?" she asked, putting away the book she was reading in her bag, and then looking up at Wednesday.

Wednesday tried to look at it postively. After all she had to do was study a bit maybe make up a few study guides. It wouldnt' be too bad. Though as Faith said that she had to go do her job at Obsidian Harbor, Wednesday wondered where she worked. "Where do you work?" She asked curiously.

Yet she then thought about the question that Faith had asked. What was Wednesday doing for the holidays. "I'm probably staying here" Wednesday said shrugging a bit. She really didnt' want to go home for only that short bit. "What are you doing?" She asked

"Erm, Eeylop's Owl Emporium" she said, smiling a little. "It's only till I can go to another place" she stated. "It's just kind of... noisy" she said giggling a little, she picked up a daisy by the trunk of the tree and twirled it around in her fingers. "I guess I'll be staying here to, my mum and dad are on another one of their 'expeditions'" she sighed, her smile turning into a rather glum look.

When Wedneday heard Faith say that she worked at the Eeylop's Owl Emporium, Wednesday really did not know where that was. She had actually never found her way into that shop but Wednesday guessed it was something like the pet store. "Sounds like fun though. Having a job" Wednesday said leaning back a bit more getting more comfortable as the wind blew slightly.

Though as Faith said that she was staying only due to her parents, Wednesday could see the smile fade on her friend's face. "Well I've heard Hogwarts is wicked for the holidays" Wednesday said in an attempt to cheer her up a bit. "But expeditions?" Wednesday asked hoping she wasn't going into a bad topic with Faith.

"I hope they're good" she laughed. "Well, they always go on trips around the world and leave me with family and such, luckily I have Hogwart's to stay at, their going to the Amazon to investigate ritual magic and the developments of an isolated school in the mountains" she sighed. "I miss them a lot, though" she said, looking at Wednesday. "Have your parents ever left you anywhere for something like that?" she asked.

Wednesday listened as Faith said that her parents took trips arounds the world leaving the family there at home. It was odd for Wednesday to imagine. Sure her parents went to fancy dinner parties all the time usually leaving Wednesday at home just because Wednesday could not act like a 'proper lady'

"Not anything close" Wednesday answered Faith's question shaking her head slightly. "Though I bet you get to learn a lot of different cultures" Wednesday said trying to make the topic more positive.

"Oh yeah, like the ancient history of Uganda" she sighed. "Although they did bring me back a book on the development of fashion from Italy, so that wasn't to bad" she stated in relief, at least there was something positive coming from her parents going away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back