The Wildest Things We'd Ever Seen

Aurora Night

OOC First Name
Kathy
Sexual Orientation
Personalities
Wand
Wild 10 3/4 Inch Reasonably Supple Ebony Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Thanks to her awesome, great, superb Quidditch watching skills, Rory knew exactly where to find at least one person on her list of deliveries. She recognised the name as that belonging to the alternate Hufflepuff seeker, the one who had stolen the game out from under Odette's horrible stuck-up nose. At least, that was how Rory remembered the game, anyway. It had been really good to watch - in fact, she was even going to congratulate the younger girl for beating Odette the way she had, no matter the fact that it had been months since the game had occurred. Spotting April along the table, Rory bounded over to her and clapped a hand enthusiastically on the other girl's back. "You! You're great, you know that? You're like the best seeker I've ever seen - that's not a Gryffindor of course. I mean," she held her hands up in a surrendering motion, though they full of roses and notes, "I am a Gryffindor, so I have to say that. But, yeah." Rory grinned. "You're awesome."

April was happily eating lunch, and looking around at all the people delivering or receiving roses. Valentine's day was always a wonderful chaos, and April was happy to be a part of it this year. But food came first! She chatted a bit with Therese, but was distracted from the conversation by someone clapping her on the back. April turned her head to see who it was, and was met with the sight of a girl she had seen around but never talked to. April had no idea what her name was, but the redhead seemed to know her. It pleased April immensely to not only be recognized, but complimented for her skills as a seeker. She puffed up slightly at the compliment, and gave the girl a winning smile. "Wow, thank you so much." She said brightly. "You're awesome too! Though I don't know your name. You have awesome taste, at least." This is what April had wanted when she joined the quidditch team, fame. It was already happening, even though she was only an alternate. "Are you delivering roses?" She asked the older girl, glancing at the roses she was carrying. "I'm doing that too this year!"

Grinning at April's enthusiastic reply, Rory launched onwards in her congratulatory spiel. "Oh, I'm Rory, but yeah, I don't really like one of the beaters on the Slytherin team, so it was great that you screwed her up by getting the snitch before she could knock you out. Feel free to do that again any time." Rory had almost forgotten what she had originally approached the younger girl for, carried away as she was getting, so the switch of topic wasn't at all unwelcome. "Oh yeah, I am. How could you tell?" she asked jokingly, shaking the contents of her hands like she was holding maracas. "I have one for you actually." Picking one of the yellow roses out of the bunch, Rory offered it to April. Friendship roses. That's what she liked to see.

April grinned at Rory, though she was a little disappointed to hear the admiration of her skills was also tied to a personal grudge. It made it a little less special somehow. But she still smiled and nodded at her telling her to do it again, even if it was unlikely because she was only an alternate. She grinned when the girl offered her a rose, she really wanted to know who it was from. "Thanks! Who is it from?!" She asked impatiently.

At first Rory grinned, answering teasingly, "A friend. Obviously." But she then shrugged at the younger girl's question. "I dunno, we're not supposed to read them." And Rory had learnt the hard way never to read other people's letters. She held the note out towards April, hoping for curiousity's sake that the message on it would satisfy her. She was sure it would be appreciated though, who didn't like to know that their friends thought they were awesome?
Note said:
April!

I'm so glad we're on the team together! You are such an incredible player and such a great friend! I can't wait for all the time we'll spend in the years to come

Norton

April snorted. "I meant you had to hand it over, duh, I just didn't want to say it like that." She told the girl bluntly. "But thanks!" She unfolded the note eagerly, though she thought the girl probably peeked at it secretly. April fully planned to, anyway. "Aw, it's from my friend Norton. He's on the team too." She told the girl with a smile. "He's awesome."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back