Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Straight 15 1/2 Inch Flexible Rosewood Wand with Veela Hair Core
Odette Harper was confused. Confused and troubled. After what had happened between her and Harley, she really didn't know what to think about herself. The idea that she liked girls as well as boys wasn't surprising as much as it was alarming. Though she did like the idea of her mother's reaction to that news. She was sure she wouldn't approve, which is why she was pleased. But even if she liked girls, that didn't have to mean she liked Harley. And she didn't. Liking wasn't exactly what was happening. The kissing had been nice, but they weren't dating now, or even friends. It was confusing.

If there was one thing that took her mind of anything confusing or unpleasant, it was quidditch. And after the latest match she had played in, which had resulted in a loss, she figured she could use some extra practice. After putting on her quidditch gear, she made her way to the pitch with her broom, her bat, and some tennis balls. She didn't think she would be allowed to practice with actual bludgers, but she could still practice her aim this way. Hopefully. Her worries and concerns were forgotten the moment she took to the air. Leaving her bat and the tennis balls on the pitch, she decided to do a few laps to warm up first. It was waht Charlotte usually made them do, and Odette figured the older girl had a good reason for it. Hopefully it would help her perform better later.

It was frustrating to the Slytherin seventh year how quickly her last year at Hogwarts was going. It felt like yesterday she'd been enrolled as a first year, meeting her new dormmates and trying to make friendships that ultimately failed. There was nothing that Kimmy felt she was going to miss when she graduated in a few months time, asides from those she played Quidditch with. During her fourth year she'd found it to be a fun hobby, but it hadn't been until recently that Kimmy knew she wanted to play professionally once she was free from the school. It was also at the back of her mind that she needed to make amends with her sister before she left. Soohye may have left their siblings for four years, but she'd returned and there had to be something behind that. After playing against her in the latest Quidditch game, she hadn't realised how much her younger sister had really grown, but with no idea how to approach such a topic, nor even ask the others for advice, Kimmy had found it easier to just procrastinate and distract herself with some more practise.

After changing into her Quidditch outfit and walking down to the pitch, she spotted one of the members of the team already out, flying laps in what she would only assume was a warm up. Although she'd barely spoken to Odette, she was still one of the players that she'd known the longest. She would have been happy to practise by herself, but considering it was going to be more difficult to play her usual Chaser position with just her, she thought better of it and grabbed a second bat. Maybe at least she'd practise her balance if nothing else. Flying towards the younger girl, she gave her a small nod. Unnecessary talking had never been her strong point, and recalling a conversation she'd had the previous year with Alana, she was even more sure that she was better at doing than she was speaking. "You want a hand?" she asked vaguely, a few feet away and waving her bat in the air at Odette.

For some reason, Odette hadn't expected company. As she became aware of another person on the pitch, she fet her annoyance rise. It lessened again when she saw it was another Slytherin student. At least it wasn't one of the people she would have to beat later in the year. Odette felt a grudging respect for most of her teammates, especially the older ones. So as Kimmyeon flew at her she didn't fly away. Instead she raised her hand in greeting, glancing at the beaters bat she was holding. "Thinking of stealing my spot on the team?" She joked, fairly sure it wasn't the case. Kimmyeon was a good chaser, and it would be strange for her to switch now. Flying a little closer to the older girl, she gave her a rare smile. "Sure, if you want. I brought some tennis balls to practice with. That would be a lot easier with someone to throw them." She paused, looking at her. "If you want to," she said with a small shrug, not wanting to force the older girl into anything. Remembering she wasn't the only one with a beater's bat, she shrugged. "I could do the same for you, if you want to practice beater position."

"I wouldn't want your spot. Way too much pressure to stop people getting bludgered up." she called out as Odette flew towards her. It was true, as Chaser she had the best of both. The adrenaline from the match but keeping more or less out the way of the more important roles. Besides between three of them it was harder to pin blame if they made a mistake. "Give me a ball." she requested with one hand open. At this rate they'd end up playing a version of tennis anyway, but at least it would be a more realistic attempt if the ball came flying from the strength of the bat and not just her arm. Kimmy was just happy to be out of the castle and back in the air, somewhere where she could actually think about what she was going to do once she was away from all this. "You're really good you know. In the matches." Kimmy added in clarification, giving a rare compliment to someone she thought deserved it. Odette had been on the team perhaps even longer than she had in total, and if she remained she would be deadly by the time she was a seventh year. "I hope you don't plan on giving it up." she clarified, getting into a better position to hit the ball in her direction.

Odette shrugged, though she smiled a little bit. "I guess it's a bit of pressure, but I think bludgering up other people makes up for it." She admitted honestly. It sounded mean, but hitting someone with a bludger was very satisfying. At least, as long as it helped the team win. Se handed over a tennis ball when the girl asked, eyeing her a little warily. But her eyes widened in surprise at the unexpected compliment. She averted her gaze, shrugging. "Thanks. You're good too." she said, unsure if that was the right way to respond. She wasn't used to getting compliments about this kind of thing. Something she actually cared about. "I'm not going to give it up." She added, her voice determined and sure. "Not for as long as I'm here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back