OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Wand
12 Inch Whippy Holly Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Sawyer hated packing. Not just because it tended to herald their imminent departure from home, but the physicality of it exhausted him. At least when he was packing up at Hogwarts he had Dad and Thistle to look forward to. His stuff also seemed to scatter far more around the house than it did at school, and here he couldn't even use magic to try and summon things back to him.

He was currently halfway under his bed, trying to find one of his favourite shirts that may or may not have belonged to Theia at one point, pointedly hoping he wasn't about to stick his hand into a nest of doxies as he shuffled aside bits of old parchment and dustbunnies. "You haven't borrowed my plaid shirt have you?" He called over his shoulder to where Felix was 'helping' him pack over on Theia's bed. Felix had packing of his own to get done soon, which was still a weird thought despite Felix being into his second year, but they'd all been putting it off in true Carnahan fashion this year, much to Theia's obvious dismay as September loomed closer. "If I see you with it around school I'll jinx your hair off," he added without any real heat, withdrawing from under his bed with a muttered curse as he knocked his skull against the bed frame.

Felix had agreed to help Sawyer pack for school but he had quickly gotten distracted by some of Theia's magazines and had ended up just laying on his sister's bed and not actually helping at all. He scoffed as Sawyer questioned him from where he was wedged under the bed. "Pff, like I'd wear any of your dumb shirts." he said and moved some stuff around to make it sound like he was packing and not just laying around. His stuff was mostly packed, but that was just because he had never gotten fully unpacked in the first place. "Maybe Thistle cut it up to use in a craft or something." he theorized as he flipped the page.

"Shut up, you let Theia dress you till you were like eight," Sawyer said, chucking a balled up sock at Felix's head, hoping it was a dirty one so he could get Felix in the face with it. "Thistle wouldn't do that, unlike you I'm pretty sure she actually stays out of our when we're not home," he said, moving to grab another sock just for good measure. It never hurt to have deterrent when Felix was feeling bratty. "Are you even all packed anyway? Don't you have to pack up all Clive's stuff or something," he said, shuffling over to his truck on his knees to check his progress. It was still pretty dismal and Sawyer frowned at it, leaning his elbows on the edge before shifting again as they bit into his arms uncomfortably.

"That's totally different!" Felix groaned and lowered the magazine just long enough that he had to dodge the sock Sawyer threw at him. Theia may have dressed him but it was in his own clothes, well mostly. "Ew, besides I've had enough of your hand-me-downs to know I don't want anymore." he said, sticking out his tongue quickly before using the magazine to block his face from another potential sock attack. Felix rolled his eyes but didn't deny the accusation though. "I'm mostly packed." he said with a shrug. He wasn't worried and as far as Clive went, it wasn't like a frog needed that many things.

Sawyer just clicked his tongue at Felix, feinting to throw the second sock at him just for good measure. "You'd be so lucky," he muttered, shifting a few things around in his trunk listlessly in an effort to at least feel productive. "Hey, you want my old Charms notes?" He said, fishing some crumpled parchment out and inspecting it after a moment. If Felix wasn't going to be helpful maybe at least Sawyer could unload some stuff on him in the process. "Might have some left over jelly slug goop on them but they're good otherwise," he mused, stretching out so he could wave the parchment near Felix's face.

Felix was slower the second time and the balled up sock ended up hitting his arm. "Ow!" he whined, more as a reflex than in actual pain. He eyed his brother suspiciously when he offered up his old notes, wondering if there was some kind of catch. "What grade did you get?" he asked warily. His brother was in Ravenclaw but he knew that wasn't a guarantee when it came to notes or grades. He swatted the pages away as soon as Sawyer mentioned the jelly slug goop. "You're so gross!" he whined and tried to create some distance between them by pushing his brother away with his foot.

Sawyer rolled his eyes when Felix hesitated accepting his notes, clicking his tongue in annoyance. "Do you want them or not," he said, pointedly avoiding the question about his grades for the very valid reason that they probably both knew Sawyer couldn't study his way out of a paper bag. But the notes were still solid. Sawyer couldn't resist pressing though when Felix started to fight back, swatting at his foot and hauling himself onto Theia's bed to instigate a proper wrestling match as he tried to mush the now even more crumbled parchment into Felix's face. "What's gross? Is this gross? You don't want this touching you?"

The only thing Thistle didn't like about the holidays was how quickly they were over. With Felix away at school, she didn't feel like she would ever get used to being the only Carnahan at home. Sure, spending time with Dad was fun, but it wasn't the same as having three older siblings around. Felix was supposed to be her partner in crime, but she had been alone all last year, and she was about to be alone again, two entire years before she could finally join her brothers at school. So when she heard them bickering she gravitated towards the noise, eager to get as much time with them as possible. "What's gross?" Thistle asked as she popped her head into the room, unable to help grinning slightly at the sight of Sawyer and Felix wrestling. She didn't hesitate a moment before flinging herself into the fray, clutching onto Sawyer's back like a limpet and reaching for the paper in his hand. "I wanna see the gross thing!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back