Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Flexible Black Walnut Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Jordie had been internally panicking ever since he'd won the duel and stunned Branson. He felt horrid. Should he have thrown the match? After endless fretting, Jordie knew he had to see Branson. Thankfully, Jordie knew where to find the other boy. He darted up the stairs as fast as he could, pausing outside the library to catch his breath and fix his hair.

After several moments of fiddling, Jordie took a deep breath and walked inside. He looked around, his eyes searching, his heart skipping as he saw Branson across the room. Jordie swallowed nervously before walking over. "Bran? You got a minute?" Jordie asked, his heart in his throat.

Branson had felt rather defeated in his duelling, he knew that would always be the case, there would always be a winner and a loser, but it had not been particularly fun, and he had been nervous about it in the first place and he wasn't sure if he wanted to do it again. He didn't regret doing it, but it maybe wasn't for him. He'd left after being revived and headed to the library where he knew his father would be. He would've liked to have his dad there, if only because it might've helped him feel less put off hearing people cheer for the other person. He'd gotten some tea, and after some there, he remained at a table while his father worked. He was surprised when Jordie approached him and he gave a little shy expression before nodding.

Jordie was both nervous and relieved when Branson seemed to agree. He pulled up a chair, a little closer than he needed to be. He sat down, biting his lip. His leg was bouncing nervously. "Bran- um, look, I-i, um," Jordie stuttered a bit, swallowing. "I'm sorry," he managed. "I- I panicked. I didn't... I didn't want to beat you. But I wanted to impress you. I didn't know what to do," He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck and looking down.

Branson frowned when he apologised and it deepened as the boy continued. He hadn't wanted to beat him, he had wanted to win. He'd been trying to impress him? All of it morphed in his expression to a look of confusion. "Why were you trying to impress me?" he settled on, he had lot of different question curious to the why what and how of everything but finding it easiest to start with that rather than anything else.

Jordie's eyes widened as Branson jumped right to the point. He stuttered and stammered a bit, his cheeks burning. He lowered his eyes, and bit his lip. He was silent for several long moments, nothing filling the silence other than the thundering of his heart. He slowly let out a heavy sigh. "Because, I... I really like you, Bran," he admitted gently. "I mean, I... like like you." Jordie looked away, his heart in his throat. "
You're... you're smart, and kind, and I... I really like spending time with you," He let out a heavy sigh, tangling a hand in his hair.

Branson wasn't any less confused as Jordie spoke, he liked him, but then as he went on at least that part seemed to click in his head and with an embarrased blush on his cheeks he realised what he was saying. He looked at the boy and tried to find a joke or something in what he was saying but it seemed genuine, he didn't even realise kids around him were at the point of having crushes, Bran was still looking to make friends. "I ehh...I like you Jordie...but not like that, you're a good friend," he said, Branson hadn't given much thought to who or what he liked, it hadn't seemed necessary yet to think about it, but he knew he like Jordie as a friend and was now worried he might've lost a friend if Jordie got upset about it.

Jordie's heart sank as Branson spoke. He was glad that he wasn't looking at Bran when the other boy spoke, because while Bran would have seen the way Jordie's shoulders slumped, he wouldn't see the tears that welled up in his eyes. This... felt a lot worse than it had when Jordie had realized Eoin hadn't liked him. "Oh..." He sounded dejected. His heart hurt, his throat felt tight. He swallowed heavily, struggling to come to terms with things. "That... um..." Jordie let out a heavy sigh. "That's okay, just... give me a second," he sniffled, folding himself down and shutting his eyes.

A few tears slipped out, but he spent several long moments taking deep breaths. In, and out, and in, and out. He pulled himself back together piece by piece before finally sitting up. He didn't look great, but he looked better. He gave Branson a shaky smile that didn't quite meet his eyes. "I, um... Sorry about that," Jordie let out a strained laugh. "Let's um, let's pretend I didn't say that," he offered.

Branson felt like he'd immediately said the wrong thing when he noticed Jordie's face. Well, maybe not the wrong thing, but perhaps could've phrased it better. He gave a little nervous shy and just shook his head lightly. Branson reached out and placed a hand on his shoulder. "No it's okay..., your feelings are valid," Branson assured him. He didn't want Jordie to feel bad about admitting to his feelings. "It's okay, you don't have to apologise..I'm glad you told me, even if I don't feel the same...," he didn't want to repeat it, but hoped that this might help him to not feel as bad...

Jordie let out a long, slow sigh, leaning forward and laying his head on Branson's shoulder without thinking. "We... we can still be friends, right?" He asked softly, his voice cracking just a little. He sniffled, shutting his eyes and trying to relax. "Even if we aren't... you know, dating, I was hoping... we could still be friends, I... you're important to me," He explained quietly.

Branson nodded, though of course with Jordie's head on his shoulder he wouldn't see it. "Course, this doesn't change anything," he said, since he was sure that Jordie had complicated feelings about it, he didn't want it to change, he liked spending time with Jordie, like running with him and really with so few other friends he couldn't much afford to be picky with them. "We're still friends," he repeated, trying to assure the other boy. "Do you want a cup of tea? I can ask my dad to make some,"

Jordie let out a soft sigh, wanting to cuddle closer into the other boy. He held still. He couldn't pull away but he didn't move in closer either. "Tea would be nice," he murmured. He let out a heavy sigh before sitting back in his chair. He let out a strained laugh. "Man, I have the worst luck. Last semester it was Eoin, now you don't like me either," He ran his hands into his hair, sighing and giving Bran a sad smile. "I really don't have a chance? I can't just... wait long enough and you might change your mind later?" He asked, though he didn't have any real hope for that answer.

Branson nodded, he stayed for a moment nodding as Jordie explained that he didn't have great luck.."I mean, we're young..." he said, "Not everyone will be there to date and actually be interested in people, or know how they feel," he said. Trying to say that to help Jordie feel better about being rejected, that people just maybe weren't as ready for relations as Jordie seemed to be. "Yeah maybe, can't guarantee anything, but I'm also not against it," he stood up and went to make some tea, returning once he had both cups of tea, his dad was behind him and placed some biscuits down for them too. His dad didn't stick around but Bran pushed the cup towards Jordie.

Jordie gave Bran a sad smile. Now the boy sounded like Uncle James. Was Jordie wrong to like people already? His heart sank a little more as Bran answered. That was the nicest way Bran could have said that, but in his heart Jordie already knew it was over. Bran would never love him. He sighed, turning in his seat as the boy left. Insecurities flashed through his mind. Was he wrong to love so easily? To want love? Would he have to wait until he was at his lowest to find someone, like Onyx had? He just... wanted someone to look at him the way he'd seen Jamie look at his brother. Or the way Uncle Colin looked at Uncle James.

He was drawn out of his thoughts by the tea that was pushed towards him. He wrapped his hands around the cup, taking a bit of comfort in the warmth. He sighed softly. "My uncle tried to warn me about this, you know," he admitted gently. "Apparently I'm just like my brother. I just... I end up liking people so easily," he laughed, tangling a hand in his hair. "People are just... beautiful. I guess I just never thought... you know, it would be so hard finding someone that likes me, too," he sighed, picking up the tea and taking a slow sip.

Branson nodded as Jordie talked about his uncle and how like his brother he was. He wasn't sure he'd thought about people in that a way. People were fine to him, but maybe not beautiful but he had never spent that much time thinking about it. "I mean, maybe eventually you'll find someone....," Branson told him. "But you know that being in a relationship isn't like necessary..," Branson took his time with his words, he knew that Jordie had other hobbies but perhaps he was putting a lot of importance in relationships when he shouldn't need to.

Jordie sighed softly, sipping the tea. "I know it isn't necessary," He gave Bran a weak smile. "I just... I don't know, I really want it," he pouted, propping his chin into his hand. "I guess I'm just a romantic or something," he sighed. "It just sounds so nice... having someone in your life that loves you, adores you, and that you love and adore in return," he pouted, thinking about Onyx and Jamie again. They were just so perfect together, Jordie couldn't help but want something like that.

Branson listened to Jordie talk about how much he wanted it. He had never really thought about it that way, but he knew that his parents were deeply in love and he did one day want that but it just seemed difficult to make happen. Clearly Jordie's experiences weren't going so well. "You will eventually, I just think maybe you shouldn't be pinning that hope on it happening when we're still kids and will change as people," he knew that adults changed too, but they were so young and it was unlikely who they were now was what they'd be in a few years time.

Jordie sighed softly. "I guess you're right..." he gave Bran a small smile. "I'm not sure I can make myself wait," he pouted. "I just... like people so easily," he ran his finger lightly over the rim of his cup. "Eoin was really kind, he was so nice and he made me feel like I wasn't such an idiot about our schooling,"

Jordie sighed, his smile turning a little sad. "And I just like spending time with you. You're warm when we cuddle and read and I like having you run with me in the mornings," he picked up his tea and sipped on it. "This is good," he commented quietly.

Branson listened to him and gave a little nod. Perhaps there was a little there about confusing the feeling of friendship and a crush, but he wasn't sure how to say something like that. How to express it without possibly diminishing how Jordie probably legitimately felt. "There's nothing wrong with feeling deeply and quickly." he hoped that he would fine what he was looking for eventually or at least experienced it. "My dad makes the best tea," he told him with a little smile, he knew it probably wasn't true but he liked his dad's tea best. "Do you feel a bit better?"

Jordie laughed lightly, though it felt a little off. "You should try my uncle's tea sometime," he offered, peeking up at Bran with a shy smile. He hesitated a moment before nodding slowly. "Yeah, uh, yeah... a little bit...." he brushed his hair back. "I mean, yeah, I'm... a little disappointed, but um... I'm... okay?" he offered slowly. "Does that make sense?" he asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back