The Truth Is the Worst

Klaus Smile

Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4 Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Klaus Marquis Smile had decided it was enough. He was tired of being angry. Most of all, he was tired of being away from his family. He missed his brother, mother and it had started to pain him to stay away from his sister. Spencer's family had gotten boring, and they also had a new baby to take care of. He bought he needed to leave so he would not become a burden to them. He would make sure that when he was able to he would repay them for all their kindness to him. Klaus walked up the steps that lead to the door of his home. Before he even dared to knock, Klaus stood in front if the door. He knew he would have to duck in order to enter his home without hitting his head on the doorpost. Would they really be happy to see him? Or was Kennedy lying when he said all of that? What if his mother would not let him inside? What if she rejected him? Where would he go then? What would he do? Morgan had told him that her home was always open to him, but he still hated Ruby. He did not want to put their family through any unnecessary torment. Morgan was a Seer, so he was sure she had looked into his future a few times to see where he would be if kept harboring hatred for Ruby. He assumed it was not in a very good place. He wanted to become a seer, so he would be able to look into the further for himself. Klaus inhaled deeply and then breathed out. What was he supposed to say? Sorry? Was he required to say anything? Or should just act like he took his family for granted and did not care? Right as he was getting ready to bang his fist on the door I swung open. Klaus' mouth hung open. He expected it to be Kennedy, but it was Annalise, his mother.

Annalise Smile was disgusted with how long Klaus's little tantrum was going to go on for. She did not understand why her children were so angry with each other, but it was not worrying Annalise anymore. It was angering her. She had not problem with putting some Veritaserum in her children's drinks in order to get what she wanted out of them. Just asking them what was up was not cutting it anymore. She needed to stop letting her children do whatever they wanted. Sure she had lied to them all, but she should have not lightened up on her discipline because of it. Annalise sighed and finished putting the dishes away. She walked into the living room and called down Kennedy and JazzyMae. "Kennedy! JazzyMae! Come here please!" she yelled still keeping a nice tone in her voice. Her children were good at knowing when they were in trouble. Just as she went to sit down on a sofa, Anna heard something. Footsteps. Kennedy and JazzyMae had not started to come down the stairs yet. The steps were not harsh or soft. Anna was skilled with telling the differences between footsteps, and she knew that the footsteps she was hearing were Klaus's. He had finally decided to come home? Annalise squealed with joy and jumped up and ran to the door. Now she would not only have JazzyMae and Kennedy to talk too! She would have all her precious kids with her. Annalise placed her hand on the doorknob and turned it. She slowly opened the door. She was practically smiling from ear to ear. It looked like Klaus had just been getting ready to knock. He had definitely gotten taller. He was taller than Kennedy now. It would be much easier to tell her twins apart. "Your footsteps are still the same." she smiled and hugged her son. He head rested on his stomach. There was a slight rumbling in his tummy. Klaus was either nervous or hungry. Annalise let her son go and moved out of the way. She pointed to the sofa Kennedy and JazzyMae were supposed to be sitting at. Where were they? "Go sit down baby. I'll make you a sandwich. Marquis and Maybelle! Get down here now!" she yelled quickly. Anna flicked her wrist and the door shut. Klaus was the most obedient out of the three, but since being placed in Gryffindor he could have changed. She hoped not. Klaus knew when to respect someone and when to test their authority. He had not missed that lesson from his mother.

JazzyMae was feeling pretty tired. Last night she had not been able to sleep well, so she had went into Kennedy's room and slept with him. The smell of her brothers' room woodsy and clean. It was much different from the flowery smell of her own room. She was sure Kennedy would not mind her sharing a bed with him. When they were younger they would seldom share a bed. When she was younger she would sleep with Klaus because he had more of a motherly feel to him. He was not a testy or daring then as he is now. JazzyMae turned in her sleep. As she slept, her face was calm. The Hufflepuff had a habit of smiling in her sleep. Since her famil problems started to set in that habit had not changed. Her brothers used to tease he about it, but soon they had stopped. Their mother would get mad whenever they teased her. JazzyMae was the one hat always got a harsher punishment for misbehavior. It was like their mother held her to a higher standard of behavior. If JazzyMae were awake she would shrug. She had always been treated differently. Most of the time, she did not mind. JazzyMae heard her name be called. JazzyMae just turned in he bed and kept sleeping. What time was it? She heard her middle name be called this time. JazzyMae groaned and sat up. She kicked her brother and slowly got out of bed. She walked out of he room, down the hall ,and down the stairs. JazzyMae was still a little groggy. JazzyMae did not react when she saw her brother sitting on the sofa. She just sat next to him and laid her head on his arm. She was too tired to really know what she was doing.

Kennedy Smile was an early riser. It had become a habit for him to get up early and study for his classes. He was surprised to wake up and find that JazzyMae was next to him. At first he was kind of frustrated, but then he actually looked at his sister and saw how relaxed she was in her sleep. Kennedy did not want to wake his sister up, so he just laid in the bed and stared at the ceiling. Kennedy had been wondering when Klaus would come back home. He thought his anger was being taken too far. He just wanted his brother back home so everything could be the way it used to be. That's what Kennedy wanted. He did not care about anything else but his family currently. Ruby had even decided to give him some space so he could figure stuff out. That's what he loved about his girlfriend. She knew when he needed thinking space. It was hard for Kennedy to notice when Ruby needed some space, but she was good at telling him when she did. She was not over emotional or dramatic like he heard most girls were, but she was level headed but very busy. Sometimes it was like she kept herself busy so she did not have to think about other things. That was something Kennedy completely understood. When Kennedy did not want to face something he often engulfed himself in books and homework. That was just how he was. He heard his mother call him and JazzyMae. Kennedy felt his sister stir, but then she went still again. He stared at his sister. She had really grown up/. She used to be a tiny baby, and now she was still tiny, but she had become more developed. Swimming had given her some muscle and she was not as skinny as he used to be. She was always tense though. She had always been that way. She was just a tense person. They were called again by their mother. Kennedy felt a pain in his stomach. He climbed off of the bed clutching his stomach. Was it necessary for her to kick him? "You're so mean to me." he mumbled to himself. He slowly made his way to the living room. He smiled when he saw Klaus sitting down on the sofa. "You finally decided to come home, hmm?" he laughed and took a seat next to Jazmine. He put a long arm over her shoulder. Why was she so tired? Usually their sister was not this sleepy in the morning.

Annalise walked into the kitchen. She picked up her wand off of the counter, and waved it. Lunch meat, bread and condiments flew from their rightful places. She casted a spell and the sandwiches started to make themselves. Annalise gulped. Finally, it was time for there to be a moment of truth between her and her children. They would let her in on their drama, and in return she would tell then the truth she had been hiding from them all along. Anna would be able to shatter the blinds in front of her children's eyes. She knew it would hurt them immensely, but as their mother it was her job to watch over them and protect them. Protecting them from the truth would damage them more than ever. She was sure her children would be able to forgive her later on. She hoped JazzyMae would forgive her most of all. Her daughter was apart of something Annalise tried to get out of he whole life. She was in debt to a family, and now they held her and her daughter in chains. Only, JazzyMae did not know she was chained, yet.

Annalise smiled and took three plates out to the living room. JazzyMae was laying on Klaus, and Kennedy had his arm around his sister. The three looked comfortable, but awkward at the same time. Annalise set the plates on the coffee table and sat in the armchair across from her children. She crossed her legs and placed her hands on top of her knee. She looked at her children sternly. First, she snapped her fingers so that JazzyMae would wake up. Her daughter would feel a tingling in her body that would help her stay awake while Annalise found out what was going on with her children. "I have noticed that you three have been having some troubles with each other. Does anyone want to explain to me what is going on?" she asked comfortably. Her voice was soft yet he authority. She had a feeling none of her children would speak up. At least not the twins.

Klaus awkwardly wet to sit on the sofa. A sandwich in the morning? That did not sound right at all. She must have been trying to hint that she was out of it. Nervousness filled his system when he sat down and heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Hard footsteps. JazzyMae. His sister always stomped around at home. She did not have to act like a lady at home. She just relaxed and acted normally at home. She acted more civilized at school. His sister sat next to him. He heard soft footsteps. Kennedy. Klaus scoffed when his brother spoke. "Shut up before I punch you." he said and moved around nervously. He felt JazzyMae grab hold of his arm telling him to stop moving. Why did she have to sleep on him anyways? Why was she so tired? It was unusual. She must have been stressing out about something. Normally JazzyMae was up before Mom was. It was strange to see her actually resting. Klaus looked over to Kennedy. He felt nothing when he looked at his brother. He was still angry with him, but he was willing to put that anger aside for his family. JazzyMae and Annalise had struggled a lot due to his misplaced feelings. All along he had just been missing his brother. Not falling in love with him. Klaus had been so used to being at his side that it became hard for him to be without him. Now he was over. He saw Kennedy as and brother and that was that. Nothing more. Kennedy Marquis Smile was just a brother. He was glad too. He had his eyes on someone else, so he did not need his brother anymore anyways.

Annalise came back with three plates and a sandwich on each. Before she said anything she snapped her fingers and JazzyMae sat up straight. It was like she was electrocuted. He heard her complain a little bit. Klaus knew what was coming next. The interrogation. He could not get out of this now. He knew exactly what his mother was going to asked, and he planned on giving her an answer. She deserved it. After all he put her through she deserved it. Klaus looked down at his hands. He started to twiddle with his thumbs. Situations like this made Klaus feel small. He knew that was not his mother's intention, but still. He always felt inferior to her. She always made him not want to act up, and her voice always made him want to spill out the truth regardless of the consequences. Annalise looked calm, but he was sure she would not be for long. He decided to speak up after she asked her question. "Well, for a little while I was missing Kennedy a lot. When I went to Hogwarts, you know? I missed him so much that I came to the conclusion that I loved him, but by then he was already with Ruby. After I found that out I was really sad and heartbroken, so I ran away and lived with a friend for a little bit." he said and and started rubbing his hand roughly with his thumb. The Gryffindor was well near tears. He tried to hold them back until he was done. "Now I realize that I just was not used to being away from him, and it made me draw a false conclusion." he said and looked up at his mother shyly. He awaited her response quietly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back