OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Muggle
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Avarian
Kami had been cleaning like mad, working to make the book store clean as a whistle before Ian arrived. She'd spent the morning cleaning the apartment upstairs, taking the sign off of Arthurs door and setting it on his desk. He had left for school earlier that morning. It maybe wasn't fair to tell Ian without him, but she wasn't sure Arthur was ready to meet the man. She'd told her son, of course, but he needed time to process. They had agreed that the two would meet over the next break. Arthur was sure to run into his sister at school, so that would be... interesting. She glanced at the clock for the hundredth time, hurrying to put on coffee and tea before Ian arrived. She had told him to just come in, giving him a key to the store. She took a seat and took a deep breath. This would be alright... wouldn't it?

Avarian was standing in front of the door, fussing over the casual outfit he had on for that night. The carnations he brought looked divine, courtesy of the flower shop he passed by on his way there. He could apparate directly but did not want to risk Kami seeing him do weird things. If Kami did not propose this dinner, he would be the one to invite her to one. He had the key to the store and could already see a glimpse of the woman inside who just took a seat. He really admired how Kami seemed to handle everything that came her way. Taking a deep breath, he placed the key into its slot and knocked on the door before turning the doorknob open. "Knock, knock.", he greeted with a warm smile.

Kami nearly jumped out of her skin when Ian called out as he came in. Shaking, she set her tea down. Why was her heart pounding like this? She took a deep breath before turning to Avarian. "Hello," She greeted, but her breath caught in her throat at the sight of the carnations. "Carnations! Oh, I told you not to," She tried to scold him, but couldn't help but smile as she took them from the man. "H-have a seat, Ian." She gestured to the table as she turned to find a vase. "We, ah, we need to talk." She bit her lip. How bad could this possibly go?

Ian smiled as he handed the carnations to Kami, bestowing her a kiss on her cheek. He knew he affected her from the moment they met again in the department store. Being his usual teasing self when it came to her, Ian placed an arm around her waist as he led her to a nearby table. He took a seat as she went to find a vase when his brows furrowed at her words. The worry was there in her voice and he did not like it. "Yeah, sure. What's it about?" Sooner the words were out of his mouth when the thing he worried happened. He was shocked frozen as what transpired. He was shocked as to its content but more concerned as to Kami's reaction. His eyes went from the howler who had already shredded itself to the woman's reaction.

Kami nearly jumped out of her skin when Avarian put his arm around her waist. No, no, she didn't like it. Not at all. She could feel her face burning. Keep in denial, Cameron. That'll help. She swallowed nervously, setting the flowers on the counter. She had no sooner than wrapped her hands around a vase then there was yelling. She froze, listening as the voice of who she could only assume was Avarian's daughter tore into him about another secret sibling. She twirled, heart in her throat. In her haste, she accidentally dropped the vase. In the sudden silence, it crashed into the floor and shattered. It sounded like a gunshot. Kami squeaked, dropping to her knees and trying to sweep up the glass into a little pile.

She let out a very nervous laugh. "A-a frog and h-hair dye? I-I, ah, I s-swear I-i told him, ah told him to play nice," She stuttered violently. "H-he doesn't, ah, he thinks he's funny," She laughed nervously. "U-um, I-i, you, we, ah, we d-don't need to, to talk a-anymore," She offered, scooping the glass into a little pile.

The sound of the vase breaking coupled with Kami's wide eyes sent Ian pulling out his wand and wordlessly charmed the vase to repair itself right on Kami's hands. Too late for him to realize his mistake. Kami was a muggle and he had vowed to keep his wizarding side from her.
Just as he hurriedly placed his wand back to his pocket, Kami's words pierced through his ears clearly this time. Ava's words came ringing to his mind again coupled by Kami's affirmation. "A son?", he held her gaze. "Is this what you want us to talk about?" It already seemed silly to ask her but it seemed surreal to him. Sure, they dated and things got intimate between them. He had never thought that it would bring about a son to this world.

Shoot ignore this

Kami froze as the vase in her hand pieced itself back together. She looked up at Ian, a look of relief visible. "Oh thank God, he got it from you." She looked away quickly upon realizing what she said. She stood, turning and setting the vase back on the counter. "I-i... Don't know what to say." she spoke gently. "When I found out, a-after you left..." She kept her back turned. "I-i... I knew that... Ah, that you were still in love with your wife. I... I couldn't... She and a-ava needed you. I, ah, I was okay on my own." She tucked her hair behind her ear. She was used to being on her own. It was alright. Really.

Avarian snapped out of his reverie as he watched Kami looked relieved about what, he had no idea. He stayed rooted in his spot as he kept listening to Kami ramble about the reason of her hiding her pregnancy from her. When the words I was okay on my own mobilized the man. He approached Kami, placed his hands on her arms, assuring her. "How - how could you not tell me? Why keep it from me?" He sighed exasperatedly. He went back to his chair and slumped on it in defeat. "What-what's his name?", he asked softly.

Kami jumped a little as Avarian put his hands on her arms, her heart pounding in her chest and a blush rising to her cheeks. "Arthurian," She managed after a moment. "Er... Arthur." She turned away. "How could I tell you?" She asked softly after a moment, trying not to let the hurt she still felt sometimes seep into her words. "You had already left the woman you loved, and the child you adored. What was I? You had made it clear you wanted to go back to them when you left. How I feel for you, it doesn't- whatever I felt didn't matter. You already had a family." She managed. She bit her lip, wiping at the moisture in her eyes that threatened to spill over. You don't still care, Kameron. You can't. She scolded herself gently.

Avarian understood where she was coming from. After all, she knew about Helene and Avaria. He was too much of a jerk to use them as his reason to leave Kami. Arthurian. Arthur. He even had A for his name. He was at loss for words on how to explain his mistakes to her. He may screw up but he tried to change for the better. For his girls. And now Arthur. He rushed to where Kami stood when he saw her wipe her eyes. "Kami, Kami, hey. I'm sorry." Without thinking, he wrapped his arms around her. "I have a family. But Arthur, you. He's my family. With the girls.", he sighed, clearing his throat. He pulled apart to look into her eyes. "And if-if you let it be, you and me. A family. With the kids." He gazed into her, nervous about her answer.

Kami nearly jumped out of her skin as Ian came up behind her. She spun, eyes wide. She tensed up a bit as his arms wiped around her. She let out a soft whimper unintentionally. Her arm came up to rest against his back a moment, but she quickly pulled it back. No, no, no, no. You can't do this again. "I-Ian, I..." She wanted to believe his words, she really did. It was like everything she had never let herself dream of. How could she wish for someone elses' husband? She had stopped herself for years.

But now he wasn't someone else's husband. And he was offering to be hers. After all this time. She shook her head, stepping back. "I-Ian, y-you can't-" She stuttered violently, holding the counter with both hands. "N-not for the, ah, the kids," She told him softly. "Not for A-Arthur. You, ah, you can be in his l-life." She shook her head, not looking at him. "B-but I-I, ah, I c-can't," She swallowed nervously. "Can't be your second choice." She spoke softly, biting her lip. "I-it, ah, it isn't, um, isn't me f-for me, you know?" She cringed. Was she making any sense? "Even if I s-still- not that I, ha, ah, I-I, um," She ran both hands through her hair. How sad was it that she could still carry a torch after this long for the man that never felt the same?

Avarian was beyond frustrated already. He was torn beyond snapping out and breaking down in front of Kami. He let her tore herself from his embrace and let her speak. He understood the hesitations, the fears that she felt. For Arthur. For Avaria and Emily. For herself. For him. That he understood. He just thought it was a little unfair to not give them another chance. He would not let her escape this time. The man looked at the woman who looked like she was about to pull her hair off her head. Chuckling softly, Avarian rushed over to her. He gently grabbed her arm, whirling her to face him and without warning, he pressed his lips against hers. He wrapped his arm around her body, not giving her a chance to pull away. "I'm not letting you go again, Kameron Taylor.", he whispered, before he pressed their lips together in another kiss.

Kami let out a startled yelp as Ian spun her in his arms and kissed her. She froze, blinking up at him as he spoke. Her breath caught a second time as he came back in for another kiss. After a moment, she felt herself relaxing in his arms. She slowly began to kiss him back, one hand snaking up to thread in his hair. She gripped his arm and took a step closer. After a few moments, Kami pulled away a little. "This doesn't mean you win," She whispered. "It won't be so easy to convince me." She murmured before kissing him again. Okay, maybe a little contradictory, but she couldn't help herself.

Avarian let out a sigh of relief into the kiss. Kami slowly responded which was a good sign for the man. He never thought he would get to have another chance with another woman and with Kami no less. Her hand made its way to his hair, one of the many things he loved about her. His hand made its way to the small of her back. Moments later, the woman pulled away gently before telling him he did not win. He was about to raise his hands in frustration when she moved to kiss him again. "Oh, I-", he stopped short as he kissed her back. He pulled back this time. "So, does this mean I win this time?", he teased her with a wink.

Permission from Arle to godmod a touch

Kami hadn't been this close to a man since... well, since the last time Ian had held her this way nearly a decade ago. She may have been woman three for him, but he had been her first- and really, only love. After he had left, she had spent all her time devoted to Arthur. No man had ever really impressed her or her son enough to make the effort again. Kami knew by the way her heart fluttered in her chest, by the way that this all just felt so, so right, that there had never really been anyone else who would ever be able to take Ian's place. So when he pulled back to tease her, Kami had already come to the decision that even if it was only for tonight, she was going to let herself feel loved again. "Just shut up already," She scolded, pulling him back to her as she kissed him without reservation.
---------
The sunshine was bright the next morning as Kami stirred from her sleep. Stretching, she rolled to her back and slowly took stock of the world around her. Arthur was in school, the bookstore needed to be prepped for the grand re-opening, and there was a warm body laying next to her. Her eyes popped open at the last thought and she sat up. Oh, this shirt was definitely not hers. She looked down next to her. Avarian lay there, sleeping peacefully.

Kami couldn't help the warm smile that crossed her face. She reached down, brushing his hair from his eyes. Alright, it was time to get back to reality. She got up quietly and moved to the kitchen, though she didn't bother to get dressed. It wasn't long before she had a pot of coffee going and a batch of scones ready to fry.

Avarian pulled Kami closer to him as he deepened the kiss. He had never thought she would give in to him. Not that he was forcing her but he would have stepped back if she would pull away. He did not know whether she was going to stay the next morning but he sure would not leave her side. He ran his hand through her hair when she pulled away just to tell him to shut up. Chuckles vibrated through him as he nodded and continued to enjoy Kami and the kiss they both shared.
-------
Sunshine hit Avarian’s face which made the man squinted his eyes to consciousness. He rolled over to the other side of the bed to try to get back to sleep. However, his hand met the cold sheets. Eyes closed, he tapped around until he was certain that he was alone in bed. Rubbing his eyes open, he sat up half shocked about the different room he was in. Recalling the events the night before, a smile crept to his face. He got up, shirtless since he could not find it, and went out to find Kami. Figuring she would be in the kitchen, and the smell of coffee, he went ahead only to find his woman in his shirt. He sneaked up, put his arms around her waist and sneaked up a kiss on her cheek. “Good morning.”, he whispered happily. He felt like a new man when he was around Kami.

Kami was unsurprised when Ian appeared. She smiled softly. "Good morning," She told him, stepping away and turning to face him. "I've been thinking, and I've made my decision." She told him. "Last night was... amazing." She told him. "But it's not happening again. Not for a long time, at least," She told him, heart already in her throat. She hoped it wasn't enough to push him away. But if it was, then... that was that. "You can say whatever you want, but I'm going to need proof." She told him. "I'm willing to give this... give us, another chance. But you're going to have to show me that you mean it. I don't want to be your second choice." She gave him a shy smile before turning back to breakfast. "You can stay for breakfast if you want," She told him. "There's a bathroom back down the hall, second door to the left." She flipped the scone. "Why don't you freshen up while I finish this?" She didn't look at him, afraid it was too obvious on her face that she was nowhere near as confident as she was trying to sound. What if he walked out now? She wouldn't blame him. But she really, really, hoped he didn't. She couldn't help but stand there tensely, pretending to cook as she waited for his reply.

Avarian’s smile faded when he listened to Kami speak. However, it was short-lived when the woman implied it would be temporary. That she would be willing to work it out but that meant he had to do the work. He understood. He was not even able to say anything when she turned back to whatever she was cooking. The man was given instructions on where to take a shower. A sly idea came to him as he turned to the direction of the bathroom. “Yes, mam. Care to join me?”, he teased before chuckling. “On second thought, I don’t want you to be the one breaking your rules. Right?”, he laughed out loud as he disappeared into the shower.
A good fifteen minutes later, a freshly showered Avarian came into the kitchen, shirtless. The table was all prepared with the food she cooked and a fresh brew of coffee. He leaned against the kitchen door to gaze at the woman he had spent the night with. She was amazing. A mother to his son, his first son. He could see himself with her in the future. He just hoped he could make Kami feel the same way.

Kami couldn't help but visibly relax as he agreed to stay, as he agreed to her rules. Before she had the chance to throw an oven mitt at him for his sly remarks he was off down the hall. She turned and watched him as he walked away, greatly appreciating the view. She finished up breakfast quickly, then hurried to her room to get dressed before Ian returned. She had no sooner set the food on the table than he appeared, shirtless in front of her. She gave him a shy smile, heart racing at the sight of him. She took her seat and gestured to the one across from her. "Dig in," She told him, taking her tea in her hands and stirring in some honey. "So, Ian," She started. "Back on topic now that you're done distracting me," She teased lightly. "Arthur wants to meet you when he comes home from break. He won't speak much, so don't be too concerned. He's a clever boy, he just... he's a man of few words," She told him. How else could she describe her quiet son?

Avarian settled on the chair across Kami. It still amazed him that she could effortlessly prepare a spread at a short time. And the lack of sleep they both had. The man smirked at this. He took the first bite from the toast and bacon before taking a sip of the coffee. Instinctively, he buttered toast the way she liked it and placed it on her plate before he realized what he did. He cleared his throat to cover his embarrassment just in time for Kami to mention their son. He listened with attention, trying to learn about the eleven-year-old boy who was already enjoying his time at Hogwarts. “He seemed like… you.”, he teased. “In a way. Clever, quiet. Yet, judging from the howler we got from Ava, he has the spunk for a prank or two.”, he added with a wink. Being a Gryffindor himself, Avarian also had a penchant for silly pranks.

Kami didn't miss that Ian still knew how she liked her toast. She was touched he still remembered. Maybe their time together before had meant something to the man. She reached around and grabbed some homemade jam, setting it by his plate and giving him a kiss on the cheek. She had said he couldn't stay the night again, sure, but that didn't rule out kisses. Did it? She would have to decide later. She smiled as he seemed open to discussing Arthur. "Yes, he's got my cleverness. And your magic, it seems." She chuckled and shook her head. "Scared me half to death when the books in the library started flying about." She took a sip of her tea. "He... he has your photo albums. The ones you shot for when you were being published. I may not have reached out to you, but... I never kept you a secret, either." She set her tea down. "I can show you his room if you'd like." She offered, ignoring the little pang in her heart that yearned- again- for a life with the man across from her. Who still knew how she liked her toast, even after nearly ten years.

Avarian just took a sip at his coffee when Kami set down her homemade jam by his plate, the same jam he loved over the years and which he never had taste of when they broke up. The next thing made him almost choke when the woman set a kiss on his cheek. He hurriedly swallowed his coffee, ignoring the scalding heat, his heart was thumping at that kiss. He chuckled at her reply although he looked at her with warm, thankful eyes when she said Arthur knew him and of his art even when the man did not know the boy existed. He reached out for her hand. "Kami, thank you. Thank you for making me a part of his life. Even when I did not of his existence." Asked if he wanted to see his room, he nodded. He could get to know what his sons liked by looking at his room.

Kami blushed as Ian took her hand. "Of course," She whispered. How could she not tell her son about him? She loved- no, no, we aren't going back there Kameron. She scolded herself, pushing her chair back and standing. She motioned for Ian to follow her down the hall. She needed to focus. She opened the door opposite to hers and flicked on the light. The room was spacious, but not overpowering. The walls were painted a dark blue, though you could hardly see it over pictures Arthur had tacked everywhere. She stepped aside, allowing Ian entry, and leaned against the wall. If you looked, every picture on the wall was one of Ian's. There was a cluttered mahogany desk pushed up to the wall nearest them. The laptop was shut, but was covered in pirate stickers. Joke books and practical prank guides that were filled with protruding sticky notes cluttered the free space.

There was a bookshelf next to it, with an entire row of Avarian's published works, while the rest of the shelf contained seaworthy adventures and fantastical tales of adventure and mayhem. On the opposite wall was a repurposed bunk bed. The ladder still led to a bed, one with a dark, forest green comforter and a pirate flag pillow. There were more photos along the wall up there, though the ones above consisted of sea life and sunken ships. Where the bottom bunk should have been there was a large black bean bag. The bean bag was covered in odd items. An electric hand buzzer, a deflated whoopie cushion, a few boxes of itching powder, and several other prank like items she couldn't identify were spread out around it, along with a stray Xbox controller. Across from the bean bag was Arthur's tv and gaming system on a small Mahogony end table. It was a simple room, but Arthur had made it his own. She knew if you opened the closet all manner of mischevious prank supplies would fall out, but she generally made it a point not to do so.

Of course, there were still clothes strewn about the room. Ripped up jeans and dirty t-shirts littered the floor. She set to work gathering them as Ian looked around.

Ian followed Kami down the hall just across her bedroom. As soon as the light filled the room, he careful stepped into the space. He took in everything that the room could offer. The first thing he noticed, which was the wall. The pictures were his. Approaching one, he stroke the picture, the one he took right after he left the woman with him. Not saying anything, he went on exploring and noticed the bookshelf. Pulling one from it, he opened to find more of his published works. Flipping page after page, the man was amazed at how diligent the boy was in collecting them. It stung his heart too. His son had to fulfill his desire for a father.
After he put back the book, he checked the titles of the other works. From here, he deduced that the boy was a fan of sea life and pirate stories. It can also be seen from the pirate flag in his bunk bed. Aside from this, everything was what a typical boy's room should have. Including the mess.
When Ian noticed Kami picking up Arthur's mess. He stopped her at the same pulling out his wand, gave it a wave making the room tidy itself. When it was done, he placed a kiss on her forehead before giving her a wink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back