Emily Underwood

Bubbly l Bright l Chess l Auror in Training ⚡️
OOC First Name
Tamara
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Emily was sure she found the solution to her problem and she had informed Tyler to come to the library as soon as he could. She had send a letter to him and hoped he would be here soon. In the last potions lesson she got herself a tiny vial of liquid luck. She knew she couldn't go and use it at her actual exams, but she could always use it to find ways to cheat on the actual exam. Using the liquid luck on her OWLS would make them void and she definitely wasn't going to throw five years down the drain. Emily had no clue how long the liquid luck would last, but she was going to share it with Tyler. Having two people looking for cheats with luck on their side would benefit them both. Emily waited for in the library for Tyler to arrive, hopefully he wouldn't mind having to do some work himself. Emily grinned and looked for books they could use for their scheme.

After their encounter in the library, Tyler had really started to notice Emily more and more. In classes especially, where he had seen her answer professor's questions more than once. It was funny, as she had rejected the idea of being a typical Ravenclaw when they had talked. Maybe she didn't want to admit it, or maybe she was hoping that she would get in the teacher's good graces and get better grades if they were more lenient with grading. He had been surprised but happy to get a note from her, and as soon as he was able, he made his way to the library. It didn't take him long to find her, and he paused a moment to adjust his hair before walking over to her. "Hello." He said with a smile. "What was this all about?" He held up the note with a questioning look.

Last edited:
Emily was still busy with finding particular books that might have information about OWLS, cheating and how to be smart without knowing anything. It wasn't like Emily was dumb, she was just lazy and hadn't bothered to study the past four years. Which meant she only had notes of this year and that wasn't going to be enough. She heard Tyler's voice behind her and turned around, seeing a glimpse of smile on his face. ''Hey'' Tyler asked why she had summoned him and Emily held up the vial of liquid luck. ''You know what this is?'' Emily paused ''This might be the solution to our problem Ty'' Emily said, the vial could give them the luck to cheat on the exams. ''We can't use this vial on our actual exams, since they check on potions, but we can find ways to cheats while being on extra luck.'' It was a way to bypass the cheating barriers set down by the school. She acquired the vial fair and square so nothing she was doing was illegal. ''We can share the luck and try to search the books for ways to make our OWLS easier.'' The word easier sounded better then to actual cheat. Emily grinned she didn't know if there even was a way to cheat, but at least she could spend more time with Tyler.

Last edited:
There was a part of Tyler that hoped Emily didn’t really have a reason to ask him here, but maybe just wanted to see him. But that hope evaporated the moment she showed him the vial, though he could hardly be disappointed. He’d heard of the potion, though he had heard it was incredibly rare, and had never imagined to see it for himself. Maybe dropping potions had been a bad idea. His eyes widened as Emily said they could use it as a solution to their problems, though he also felt a little flustered at the nickname she gave him. He decided not to comment on that. “Yeah, I don’t want to risk that either.” He admitted. “I’m sure they have some way of checking.” He sighed. That would have been an ideal solution, honestly. “But… you’re right, we could use it to prepare.” He grinned a little. “I think even if we simply use it before we study… wouldn’t we end up being lucky and studying exactly the correct things for the exam?” He asked, as he thought that was how the potion worked. But then he realized what she was offering, and his cheeks heated up. “You would share this with me?” He asked, honestly surprised. “It’s yours. How did you get it anyway? Did you steal it?” He asked her, only half joking. It wasn’t something he would put entirely past her, if he was honest. She had a devious streak, which he actually really liked.

Emily was sure that the Professor had anti cheating and anti potion barriers in place, she had read up on the measurements that the staff took to make sure the exams were done legitimately. She wanted to find flaws or a loophole, but there weren't any which complicated things. ''They have multiple ways of checking, we don't want to get expelled over simple cheating at our OWLS'' If she was going to get expelled she wanted to go out with a boom anyway. ''I like the way you are thinking, I brought books here about all the OWLS I am taking'' Emily paused ''I also brought a couple more self help books on books, maybe there is a way to bypass every measurement and we just haven't found it yet. '' Emily wasn't going to let the OWLS beat her, even if it meant cheating herself out of them. ''Two people can get through more books than one and I secretly enjoy your company on this adventure.'' Emily actually smiled. ''Stealing huh, funny you think so low of me.'' She grinned ''I actually just paid attention in my potions class for once and earned it that way'' The Professor was probably way too gullible and thought everyone would use their potions for childish things. ''Its mine to use and to share so what do you think partner?'' Emily made two piles of books one with her OWLS and the other with self help books. So they could start right away without losing the first bit of luck.

Tyler smiled as he listened to Emily explain how they checked at the OWLs for stuff like the potion. Her determination to cheat the system was admirable, and he had to admit he felt flattered that she had asked him here, especially as he hadn't really been of that much help last time. He looked at the books Emily had gathered. "That's awesome." He told her. "I'll go grab books from OWLs I take that you don't." He added, though for now he stayed put. He smiled a bit as Emily admitted he secretly enjoyed his company on this adventure, though he mostly hid how happy that comment made him. "No, I think highly of you." He corrected her with a smirk. "Thinking you capable of stealing potions from right under Professor Warrick's nose." He said with a shrug. He sighed as he realized it had just been something they had gotten in class. "Maybe I shouldn't have dropped potions." He muttered. He was happy to hear Emily wanted to share it with him, and he nodded. "Just a second, I'll grab some more books." He said, walking off quickly to grab a handful more textbooks he could use to study. He placed them on a separate pile, then turned to Emily. "I'm ready."

She grinned when Tyler said he thought highly of her. ''Why stealing if you can acquire it correctly.'' Emily said softly ''Stealing is so messy.'' Emily was pretty sure that if she stole the potion the Professor would expel her immediately. ''Potions ain't that fun, you are missing nothing.'' Emily only took potions because it had less theory to learn and you just had to follow some simple instructions. When he walked away and returned with a handful of books it was time to put the plan into action. She brought a spare vial and filled it with half of the potion, she gave the half to Tyler and put the other vial to her lips. ''Bottoms up Snake boy'' Emily shot him a genuine smile.

Tyler laughed softly. "I agree, getting something for free, with no risk, is a lot better." He said, taking the vial and looking it over before placing it back down. He smiled a bit as she said he wasn't missing out on much. It made him feel a bit better. Once he finished grabbing the books, he watched her carefully as she split up the potion in two. He felt a small thrill as he saw again how she was willing to share something so powerful and unique with him. He couldn't quite put into words how he felt about that, but it felt good. He laughed at her words, then held up his own vial. "Good luck, uh... Eagle girl?" He said, then shook his head. He glanced at her, then closed his eyes and downed his half of the potion.

The liquid luck slid down her throat, it didn't have much taste and at first she didn't feel any different. It didn't take long for the potion to actually kick in. She felt inspired and filled with confidence. She looked at the different books in front of her and let the potion guide her. Although she still felt herself, she also felt different. A feeling like she could rule the world. With one hand she swooped a book from the pile and started shifting through it. ''Are you feeling any different?'' The Felix inside her wanted to talk to Tyler as well and since luck was on her side she could do multiple things at once.

Tyler wasn't sure what he had expected the liquid luck to taste like, but it took him by surprise. He blinked a few times as the effects of the potion took hold. He felt... taller, more confident. Sure of what he could and couldn't do. He grinned a bit, this was amazing. He watched Emily as she grabbed a book and started leafing through it. Tyler realized that he had no desire to pick up any of the books, at least not yet. He was here with a girl he thought was cool, and she seemed to like him too. That was what the potion told him to focus on. "I feel good." He admitted. "Like everything has become more clear." He hesitated, then reached out to touch her arm. "Before we go look in these books, I want to ask you something." He said, wanting her attention for this next part.

The potion was definitely working and doing its job. She felt more clear and Tyler also said he had that feeling. The next moment he touched her arm something that Emily didn't expect. She didn't freeze, she actually liked the attention. Somehow she had grown fond of this boy, something she had never expect. He wanted to ask her something. Emily her brain went as fire and a hundred and one options popped up. Her feelings said to play it cool and thus she went in as calm as possible. ''What do you want to ask me?'' Emily said while closing the book she was shifting through.

The potion was almost whispering in Tyler's ear what to do, what to say. But even though it seemed to be sure that Emily wasn't going to react badly, Tyler still felt distantly nervous as well. But not nearly as badly as it would have been without the potion. He thought briefly of Bada, who had been his date to the yule ball. But he knew he had asked her because it would look good. Emily was the girl he wanted to ask. "I want to ask if you would like to go to the dance with me, on Valentine's day." He said, forcing himself to meet her eyes and smile a little. "As my date."

It was weird how Felix even worked, it seemed that there was someone else telling her exactly what to do and how she should react. She still had full control over her motions, but she had someone to lead now. Emily brushed a hand through her hair and listened to Tyler actually asking her out for the Valentine's ball. Emily was shocked, she liked Tyler, but she hadn't expected this. ''I would love to go to the valentine's day ball as your date'' She hadn't expected to go and thus she had no dress, but Felix told her that was going to be okay as well. She was going to ask her parents and they could express ship something in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back