The Snake and The Raven

Angus Greenwood

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Angus fiddled with his hair, pushing rogue strands out of his emerald green eyes. He was nervous. Extremely nervous. Ever since his confession to Luna, he'd been freaking out, to say the least. How had Luna taken it? Did she hate him? Did she...and he could only hope...did she reciprocate his feelings? He did not want to destroy their friendship, but he felt she absolutely had to know the truth. He couldn't hide his feelings for her forever, and the holidays had been so wonderful. Perhaps he'd been carried away. He thought of that old muggle song: "and then I go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like 'I love you'...". At least he hadn't actually said 'I love you', just 'I like you so much, Luna', but still.
In History of Magic, he'd barely been able to concentrate on Professor Glasson - although the lesson wasn't really that important anyway - because he could see Luna, and that was all he could see. Freaking out slightly, he'd scrawled a small note, reading: Meet me in the gardens in an hour - Angus, dropped it on her desk, and disappeared to the dungeons quickly. He hoped she would turn up. Perhaps he could explain himself, or discern her reaction to his confession, or something. He just wanted to know.

Luna had been planning on catching him on their way out of class and admitting her feelings either way but she didn't know if the note made the whole thing easier or Harder. Easier because she wouldn't have to rush or run around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to find him. But the hour gave her time to think and worry. What if this wasn't for the best? What if they broke up? Would this ruin their friendship? Well It'll ruin everything if you lie too Luna! You don't have much of a choice. she thought as she walked up to her dorm in Ravenclaw tower.

It had taken her about a half hour to pick out an outfit. Looking back she realized it had been kind of silly. Angus had seen her first thing in the morning and still liked her, so she didn't have much to worry about as far as appearance went. But she still wanted to look nice for him. It wasn't much... a simple green top and a pair of dark blue jeans. It wouldn't mean much to the normal on looker but to her it meant more. Green and Blue, Slytherin and Ravenclaw, The Snake and the Raven, Angus and Luna.

When she got down to the garden she realized she was about 5 or ten minutes early. Eagerness beats Nervousness in the end I suppose. she thought as she scanned the garden. There she saw him, standing with his back to the entrance of the Garden, but she could still tell it was him. This was it, she took a few steps closer to the boy on the other end of the garden, not 100% sure of what was going to happen here. She already knew he liked her, but who knew what could go wrong?

Luna swallowed her nervousness and headed on forward. Padding along the garden path with catlike silence. All the while still planning on how she was going to go about this whole thing. When she was about ten feet behind him the idea struck her and an impish grin spread across her face as she closed in the distance more quietly, if possible, then before. Five feet to go, these things always seemed to take so much longer than they really did it seemed.

She was right behind him now. She wanted to take a deep breath in preparation but she knew that would give her away. Wow... I feel like a stalker. she thought having to hold back a chuckle. Which would have been yet another tell tale sign to him that she was so close by. Ten minutes early... hovering behind him about to do something that was rather bold... Especially for Luna, but she supposed knowing how he felt already made it a hell of alot easier.

This is it... she thought as she wrapped her arms around his unsuspecting form. Propping her chin up on his right shoulder and giving him a slightly lingering kiss on the cheek before moving her mouth up to his ear. "I don't know if you've heard..." she started off with a whisper in his ear. "But I like you too..." she ended still in a whisper giving him another kiss on the cheek and pulling him into her for a tighter hug. Hoping to god she hadn't freaked him out with that move.

Angus paced around the gardens, noticing the sweet aroma of the flowers but not really smelling anything. He couldn't. He was nervous. Extremely nervous. What would she say? Would she hate him? Would she run away? Luna was his closest and dearest friend, and he liked her so, so much - he couldn't bear it if he hurt her, or she left him, leaving him utterly heartbroken. He sighed. He guessed he was in for it now, ever since he'd made the admission.

Angus thought he heard something behind him, so he froze, not sure whether to turn around or not. Is it Luna? he thought, not moving. Suddenly, he felt Luna's lips on his cheek. Well, he hoped they were Luna's lips...yes, they were, he looked and saw. His jaw dropped as she said that...did he hear that right? She liked him too. "Re-really?" he responded, a little shocked but extremely happy. "I'm so glad to hear that!" he exclaimed. Angus turned around to face her, pulling her in to a tight hug. "I'm glad we're even," he added, before moving his face closer to hers, his eyes staring intently in to hers. He was so happy, feeling as though he could burst. His heart pounded as he placed his lips gently on hers, hoping she wouldn't be scared away by the impulsiveness of their first kiss.

Luna had let go of him and took a step back giving him some space just in case he didn't react quite as well to her moment of boldness as she really hoped he would. Letting out a large sigh of relief at his reaction she smiled at him and nodded quickly as he turned around to face her. Pulling her into a hug that she gladly accepted, wrapping her own arms around him again and nuzzling her face into his neck before looking up at him again, His emerald orbs mirroring her own perfectly.

Her heart was flying as their faces inched closer, she knew what was about to happen but it wasn't until his lips met hers that it really clicked. She kissed back a bit eagerly, It was slow, sweet, and lingering. Sure it wasn't her first kiss, that forever belonged to Scorpius Knight. But she felt as though it was he first kiss all over again, only much much better. Just being with who it was with made it absolutely perfect.

Angus knew he wasn't her first kiss, but he hoped it meant something to her in any case. It definately meant something to him, that was for certain. Reluctantly, he broke the kiss after a little while, reasoning that they had to breathe sooner or later. Though, he couldn't deny that he liked it a lot. Especially the fact that she kissed him back.
Angus smiled gently at Luna, feeling happier than he'd ever felt before. It was as though the stress of third year and everything else in life had just melted away, and all that mattered right now was the two of them - nobody else. He gave her a squeeze, never wanting to let her go, now that he, in a sense, had her. "So, uhh..." he muttered, blushing profusely. "I know it's only September, but I figure I should ask you now, do you wanna go to the Yule Ball with me?" he asked, figuring it was an odd thing to ask. "I'd say do you want to go out with me, but I figure we don't get to go out much..." he continued, awkwardly.

Angus had nothing to worry about, While it wasn't Luna's first kiss. It seemed to mean more to her than any kiss with Knight ever had, that was a definite fact. After a while she felt him pull back and pulled back rather reluctantly herself. Not wanting to stop the kiss but also not wanting to die from lack of air. Happiness surged through her veins as she looked at him.

She couldn't quite explain it, but no other kiss had ever felt like that. Not that she had really been comparing it to Knights or anything but something about it felt almost... and felt very cliched as the thought ran through her mind, Magical. Luna listened as he asked her to the Yule ball, then started rambling about how it might had sounded odd and so on. After listening for a bit Luna cut him off before he could go any farther with his explanation. "Well, They always say there's no time like the present..." she began before going on to say. "I say yes to both anyways. Even if you didn't technically actually ask the latter." she said softly smiling at him before kissing him again. She could get used to this.

Angus couldn't believe his luck. This had to be one of the best moments of his entire life, hands down. "Awesome!" Angus exclaimed, overjoyed, before he happily returned the kiss, only breaking off when he was in dire need of air. "Wow, so, uh...wow, I'm glad we got that out in the open," Angus muttered, awkwardly pushing some rogue strands of hair out of his face. "So tell me, I know I'm inexperienced, but am I a better kisser than Knight?"

Luna was tempted to pinch herself, was she dreaming? Or was she lucky enough to actually have this be happening to her? She deepened the kiss when he responded, but still remembering they hadn't been together for long even though it felt like it, she pulled back only when she needed air. "I know... This is nice." she said softly smiling at him again. Luna let out a small chuckle when he asked if he was a better kisser than Knight was. Boys... she thought amused "Well... that would be a matter of opinion, and in my opinion... Yes, yes you are." Luna chirped, as for inexperienced... she might be able to fix that.

Angus smirked. "Knew I'd be good for something one day," he quipped with a snort, as he leaned in and embraced Luna. His Luna. Nobody else's. They were meant for each other. Fate had drawn them back together that day on the lakefront, even after a year of her being away, and fate had brought them closer and closer and awoken feelings in each of them, feelings Angus had never known before. "I was kinda worried after I left that last night...worried your dad would never let me in the house again and that you'd never want to speak to me again," he explained, awkwardly. "First one still worries me. Mum will definately let you in to our house though, she thinks you're wonderful. She's right, too," he grinned, as he kissed Luna on the cheek, before tilting his head slightly and kissing her on the lips.

Luna laughed, "Kissings not all you're good for Angus." Luna started giving him a peck on the lips. "You're also good for making me laugh, doing sweet little things, being there for me when I need you, and so much more." she said giving him a small kiss between every thing on the list. It seemed the two of them had always been drawn together, everything from the ice cream parlor to now had been bringing them closer and closer even when they were apart. It had to be fate or something intertwining their paths so tightly.

Luna looked at him as he expressed his worries about the night he had admitted his feelings to her. "Angus, I could never not want to speak to you again. Even if I hadn't liked you like that you're still my best friend. Also, Dad will you back into the house whether he likes it or not, I've heard there are some pretty big spiders in Australia. No thanks..." she said shuddering and snuggling further into his embrace, she hated spiders with a passion. As they kissed again she deepened it, pulling back a bit red in the face when she needed air.

It was strange, being with Angus. Not a bad type of strange, maybe strange wasn't the right word to describe how she felt. She had been in a relationship before obviously with Scorpius and sure it had been nice at times. But it had never felt as good as this did with Angus, not even in the beginning when things were at their best. There had always been something in the back of her mind preventing her from fully enjoying it. She knew what that thing was now, it was her buried devotion to Angus trying to claw to the surface. They were meant to be together she just felt it. She could be wrong but at the moment she didn't care. She felt perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back