The Skies Are Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clemence Pelletier

OOC First Name
Brittany.
Wand
Yew Wand, 13 1/2", Essence of Phoenix Feather.
Clemence, in her black leotard, made her way to the Quidditch pitch, a sweater and shorts of course covering her lean body because she didn't want to make it obvious what she was doing. And while it was cold outside, she couldn't feel any of the air ripping through her because she had put a spell so she would stay warm because once she went down to the pitch she would strip off what she was wearing and just be in her leotard and she didn't want to freeze.

As she arrived, Clemence made sure it was baron, her gaze swimming around the freshly cut green grass that lifted her spirits with the sweet scent, the sky as she checked for Quidditch players and then the stands for someone who may just be studying and she was relieved to see no one at all. If she was to do well in the upcoming competition she needed practice and she needed privacy for practice.

Once satisfied that she was alone, like she always was, Clemence smiled and untied her shoes, took off her white socks and tucked them into the shoes. Her feet were instantly tickled with the touch of the grass under the pads of her heads and toes, which brought her to smile inwardly once more before she swept up her shirt off of her head. The blonde girl, folded and laid it neatly on top of the shoes and then her shorts also came off. Once she had stepped out of and folded them she walked forward, to the middle of the pitch and mentally squared off what the competition floor would be and began her floor routine, hoping to do well.

As Clemence went on, it became clearer that she had a raw talent that gave her the chance to win, but she needed to correct her footing because going over the line in competition would bring her down several decimals of a point. She couldn't risk that.

Having awakened early and not wanting to stay in bed, Sebastian dressed quickly in a pair of sweatpants, a t-shirt and a hoodie and left his room to go for a walk. He had been working on a new song lately, well a beat anyway, but no words had come to him yet. He was beginning to be very troubled by it all because it had never taken him so long to finish a song. Sebastian had no idea what was causing the block either.

As he slipped out of the castle doors, Sebastian pulled his hoodie onto his head and jammed his hands into his pockets since it was a bit chilly out. His walk took him across the grounds and towards the quidditch pitch. As he passed the entranceway something caught Sebastian's eye and he glanced toward what was causing the movement. It was Clemence, and she was dressed not in the usual way that Sebastian saw her but in what could only be described as a bodysuit of some sort. Sebastian couldn't help but follow her as she executed a series of flips. He was frozen in place, enraptured by the sight of her, an awed expression on his face.

As she finished, Sebastian was faced with a dilemma. He didn't want Clemence to think he was some sort of creep for watching her and not making his presence known. On the other hand, he didn't want to miss out on a chance to speak to her. Every other time that they had spoken, they had been joined by others. Now, she was all alone and with a quick glance around, he realized that there was nothing and no one around to interrupt them this time. Unable to miss out on the chance, Sebastian stepped onto the quidditch pitch and walked towards Clemence.

Sebastian waited until she saw him before saying anything. Holding up his hand in greeting, a smile spread across Sebastian's face. "Clemence...I didn't know you were a..." he struggled for the word and then finally gave up, saying the word in English and hoping she would understand. "...a gymnast." He nodded encouragingly. "You're really good."

Wonderful, Clemence thought sarcastically as she spotted the messy blonde hair that unquestionably belonged to Sebastian Rossi. Her white-knuckled hand tightened as she quirked a fake smile onto her shy features as he came towards her, clearly having seen what she had just done. This was not something she wished the students of Beauxbatons to know about, and she would have to explain this to him. As she waited for his approach, in attempt to unstiffen her squared, clearly muscular shoulders she rolled them loosely, nodding her head to the boy as he waved to her.

Her hands rested at her waist while she caught her breath, breathing from her mouth with small pants of exhaustion even from that minute or two she was tired. It was an odd thought for someone as fit as she to be so clearly exhausted by this, but she was nervous and embarrassed and she had to will herself to breath while Sebastian stepped further. Each step heightened her level of difficulty.

This time the difficulty was not on the bars, the beam or on the floor. Clemence was having a hard time talking to Sebastian. She felt flustered, her heart raced uncharacteristically fast and she grew red in the cheeks. It was not a flattering look on her. At the boy’s approach, her heart rammed against her chest so hard that she was frightened it would hit him straight in the face, so she gripped it, with all her secret might holding it inside of her lean body. “Thank you Sebastian,” Clemence hummed, the compliment making her melt from the inside out and dusting her cheeks with warm colouring.

“I try,” Clemence said, pretending to be calm as she softly lowered her arm to her side, flexing her hands nervously. “What are you doing here? I can’t imagine you wishing to practice with me,” she said, a flicker of a joke playing in her eyes and on her lips as she attempted a light hearted one, but it was tense and unnerving, her secret had been showed to Sebastian Rossi and she knew that he was well known around the school. Clemence didn’t wish this to be shared with anyone; no matter how unknown she truly was around the school and just the general public.

Sebastian nodded as Clemence thanked him. Now that he was this close to her, Sebastian was having a difficult time concentrating. With Clemence only wearing a leotard, Sebastian was having a difficult time keeping his eyes from wandering down. He forced himself to only look at her face, which wasn't a bad sight at all. Her cheeks were a little red, but Sebastian figured it was from all of the things she had just been doing. He pushed the hood back off of his head and tried to pat down his messy blond hair. No matter how hard he tried, Sebastian's hair never seemed to cooperate with him. It did its own thing much like its owner.

Shaking his head vigorously, Sebastian chuckled and then turned pensive for a moment before replying. "I like to go for walks sometimes. It helps me to clear my thoughts...and when I was passing by, I saw you." he replied with a shrug. It was a practice he had picked up after the death of his mother. He knew of no better method to help him think. "I couldn't help but watch" he added in an uncharacteristically shy voice, a blush crossing his cheeks.

Sebastian stood around silent for a moment, a bit embarassed as he tried to think of what to say next. It was pretty funny that now that they were alone, Sebastian had no idea what to talk to Clemence about. Fingering his earring, Sebastian looked down at the grass and then back up at Clemence, the smile still on his face. "So...do you do this every day?" he asked curiously.

Clemence smiled shyly as Sebastian as he said that he couldn’t help but watch her. As she watched him blush, she nearly giggled and touched his cheek in amusement but smiled anyhow. “Yup. Hopefully, I’ll be good enough to one day go to the Olympics,” she said eagerly before blushing as she realized what she was wearing. So she asked, “Do you want to go on a walk then? I can cut practice down today.” She smiled gently at her crush, blushing some more as she crossed her arms against her chest, goosebumps on her skin simply because of the boy standing in front of her.

Deciding she simply was not going to take no for an answer, Clemence smiled at Sebastian and she took a few steps away from him and flipped around, before stopping right in front of her shorts, shirt and shoes. She grinned pridefully; amazed that she actually hadn’t tripped on her shoes because her eyes hadn’t exactly been on them the whole time. Without waiting, she slipped on her shorts, tank top and sat down to put her shoes and socks on.

For a second as Clemence sat, she looked up at Sebastian, her cheeks growing red again and she waved him over. Looking down, she slipped on her socks and shoes, tying the laces with nimble fingers. When she was done she looked down at her shoes for a moment longer, expecting that Sebastian to have left.

Sebastian nodded and smiled as he listened to Clemence. "I bet you'll get a gold" he said quickly even though he didn't really know anything about the sport of gymnastics. He glanced at Clemence as she wrapped her arms around her body, having forgotten for a brief moment how underdressed she was. For the first time since he'd arrived, he wondered whether she was cold or not. He had been so distracted by her that he hadn't even thought about it even though there was a persistent wind and the chill of the ending of fall was in the air.

About to ask her if she was cold, Sebastian was stopped from doing so when Clemence asked a question of her own. He nodded and a yes was on his lips, but before he could even voice his answer, she was flipping off to change. Sebastian stood around unsure of what to do while he waited for her to finish except watch her which seemed kind of skeevy. Looking away for a moment, he couldn't help but glance back and his heart skipped a beat when he saw her beckoning to him.

With a grin on his face and his eyes looking toward her with a curious expression, he walked toward her swiftly. As he reached her, Sebastian held out his hand to help Clemence up. "Ready to go?" he asked, the smile not leaving his face. He looked down at what she was wearing, which was more than before but still not much considering the temperature outside. "Do you want to borrow my hoodie? It's kind of cold out here" he asked as he shrugged out of it and held it out to her. Underneath, he was wearing a black muscle shirt and even though he knew the hoodie would be large on her, he also knew it would keep her warm.

At the compliment, Clemence smiled anxiously, but part of her beat it off with a stick. She would not get a gold medal, she was sixteen and she was reaching the end of the peek of her gymnastics career. It stunk that men peeked later when women had a short time period to do this sport. “Thanks Sebastian,” she said gently, not showing what was going on in her mind.

Clemence looked up as she heard Sebastian’s voice and she grinned at him before she caught sight of the hand he had offered her. While it was just offered to help her get up she felt a little giddy at the thought of holding hands with Sebastian even for a second. She blushed as her hand touched his and she stood up, surprisingly comfortable in the close proximity they were of one another. As he offered her his sweater she shook her head and opened her mouth to explain that she put a charm on herself as taught in the advanced class and that he would surely freeze in whatever he was wearing underneath but she blushed wildly and she couldn’t get the words out of her mouth fast enough as she saw his muscles.

The blue of her eyes flicked up to his eyes and Clemence explained, a little bit too fast, “I put a charm on myself to keep my body warm. I don’t want you to catch a cold, I’ll be fine.” She put a hand on his bare arm to show the difference of temperature of her body and his to show that the wind was chilling him but she was fine before blushing nervously and putting her hand at her side. "Now, where to?" she asked, wondering where they were to go for their walk.

As Clemence touched his arm to show him how warm she was, the area of his arm which was cool because of the air heated up. Sebastian knew part of it was simply the exchange of her body heat onto his, but why the rest of his body was warming up was beyond him. "I didn't know there was such a spell" he said in a daze as he pulled his hoodie on and zipped it back up. It didn't surprise him that Clemence would know a spell he didn't. He'd watched her in the classes they shared and knew that even though she was quiet, it wasn't because she didn't know the answers.

When she asked where they should go, Sebastian thought for a moment and then smiled as if he had a secret to share. "Come on" he said, lifting his hand for her to grab onto again. The moment they had shared when he had helped Clemence up had left Sebastian with an urge to do it again. Clemence's hand had been so soft and warm and small in his. "We're just going to go a little ways into the forest...I promise you'll be safe" he added as he waited, holding up his other hand as if he were taking a solemn oath.

Clemence smiled at Sebastian and she shyly glanced down at his hand that he offered her, which she took but blushed wildly as she held it. As she looked into his eyes she could feel her insides warm and a nervous tingle run along her skin. “Okay,” she said, smiling although a tinge of doubt played in her eyes because she was a prefect and being caught in the magical forest could be a very bad idea, as could being caught there with a boy.

“Let’s go Sebastian,” she said, a surge of bravery coming through her as well as playfulness as she skimmed her way a little faster forward but not too fast to make it hard for Sebastian to catch up, just enough for her to be playful with him.

Sebastian grinned and walked quickly to keep up, his long legs making quick work of the grounds. Soon enough they were at the edge of the forest and Sebastian stopped long enough to give Clemence a mischievous grin. He knew that they weren't really allowed in the forest, especially not without supervision, and with her being a prefect and all, he knew how much more risky this all was. It was early enough in the day that he wasn't too worried about a professor finding them though.

Just a short ways into the forest, Sebastian entered a clearing and stepped to the side so that Clemence could enter as well. Here, the trees formed a semicircle. In the middle of the circle was a tree that had likely fallen years and years ago because part of it was hidden under the dirt. It was large enough for several people to sit on and Sebastian knew that others must use the area because sometimes when he arrived, he would find candy wrappers and other items littering the ground. He had never seen anyone there during his visits though.

"I told you it was only a little way in...so what do you think, Clemence?" he asked in French, glancing over at her as he spoke. "Pretty cool, right? I come here to think and play my guitar sometimes" he admitted. Now that they were in the forest, the air was feeling even more chilly and Sebastian wished that he had remembered his gloves when he had set out. Taking out his wand, Sebastian decided to start a bluebells flame to keep himself warm.

Clemence caught Sebastian’s mischievous grin and returned it with one of her own as she took the first step into the forest. In her mind’s eye she had imagined that this step would make the forest floor into some sort of jail and then the Headmaster would see that she had been going to break the rules and expel her out of Beauxbatons, even though all of her common sense told her otherwise. Of course none of that happened and she nearly let out a gasp of relief, only then realizing she had been holding her breath.

Not knowing where they were going on the lay out of the forest, Clemence followed Sebastian more then lead but was enjoying it none-the-less. As they came to a clearing, she slowed her pace and looked around as she stood beside her crush. In the back of her mind she wondered what exactly he did here when he came because as she saw the softly padded ground it was clear that it was a highly visited place.

She heard Sebastian’s question and answer her silently asked question but spoke not. For a moment, she looked up at the rising sun in the sky and smiled. This was proving to be the best day she had ever had at Beauxbatons. Hearing the faint sound of bluebell flames, Clemence moved in closer to the fire and she said softly, “I like it here.” It was true, she did. Whether it was Sebastian or the pleasant weather, it was all making her very happy to be in the forest at the moment.

The pale flecks of silver and grey in her, generally, blue eyes set on Sebastian as she looked at him over her shoulder. She smiled at him, her hands still above the fire to warm her skin, before looking back ahead of her. Clemence couldn’t help but think that this moment had the makings of a poorly written love scene in a teen love story, but she didn’t care all she wanted was to be with her crush without the stress of being seen by people he knew and she did not.

"Me too" Sebastian said quietly as he warmed his hands by the fire as well. For a few moments, he was content in the silence that joined the two of them standing there together. He had never brought anyone here to what he considered "his" spot though it so obviously didn't belong only to him, but he didn't feel the slightest bit uncomfortable for having brought Clemence.

A smile crossed his face that mirrored hers and Sebastian's emerald green eyes locked onto Clemence's blue ones. From this distance, he could see that her eyes were flecked with different colors that made them even more unique and beautiful."I'm glad I ran into you this morning..." he added boldly, wanting her to know that he had enjoyed her company during the previous times that they had spoken. Unfortunately, their previous conversations hadn't quite lasted as long as Sebastian would have liked, but he had enjoyed them nonetheless.

There were a few more things Sebastian wanted to say, but he was unsure how to go about them, so he reverted to something he was comfortable with: joking. "You know...I think this is the longest we've actually been alone together" Sebastian said with a chuckle, glancing around as if he expected one of their friends to jump out of the forest and join them. For the moment at least, it seemed that they would remain blissfully alone.

With her eyes locked on Sebastian’s Clemence, for the first time, noticed that his eyes were the most outstanding shade of green. The blonde haired girl looked away momentarily as Sebastian said that he was happy to have had seen her this morning. Her cheeks warmed and she smiled at him, “I’m glad that we saw each other this morning as well.” Briefly wondering if what he had said meant the same thing her words did, she looked down at the bluebell flames as her thin eyebrows pushed together. Lines formed between each brow and on her forehead, but she shrugged it off.

If Clemence wanted to torture herself, she could do it later and when Sebastian wasn’t standing right beside her. "You know...I think this is the longest we've actually been alone together." She laughed softly with him and responded back, “Well then we should make the most of it, ay Seb?” She slipped in the nickname without much thought about it at all and smiled brightly at her crush, secretly wondering if he would ever want to ask her out. Even if Clemence, technically, wasn’t allowed to date anyone because of gymnastics club rules.

Clemence was unsure what making the most of their time alone entailed, so she suggested, with all the unsure-ness that was in her mind, “Twenty questions?” The Prefect had heard that it was a game people often played but never had played it herself, but she did want to learn more about Sebastian Rossi because for some reason he seemed mysterious to her – not that everyone else didn’t.

“Well then we should make the most of it, ay Seb?” When Sebastian heard Clemence's words, the first thing that crossed his mind was that she hadn't called him Sebastian like she usually did. She'd called him "Seb," a name that many of his friends used. It pleased him that she felt comfortable enough to do so. His pierced eyebrow rose sharply and a deep smirk crossed his face as he considered what she'd said. There were so many remarks he could make to that with suggestions of things that they could do to pass the time, but Sebastian was determined to not make an arse of himself in front of this girl. Instead, he chuckled and listened to her suggestion then nodded. It had been a while since he'd played that game and it sounded like as good of an idea as any. In reality, Sebastian would have done anything Clemence had suggested.

"Ok...can I get the first question?" he asked as he settled himself on the log, being sure to leave Clemence plenty of room in case she wanted to join him. Sebastian focused on the crackle of the flames as he thought hard about a question to ask her. A few seconds later, he looked up with a smile as he leaned his head on his elbow and his elbow on his leg. "Ok. I've got one. What kind of music do you like to listen to?" he asked. It may have seemed like an odd question to ask, but to him, it was a very important one because of how much he loved music.

Clemence was naïve to what Sebastian’s expression showed of his thoughts of her initial words. She also did not know what his laugh meant but she shrugged her feminine yet muscular shoulders to herself and smiled as he nodded. “Of course,” she said, looking back down at the fire before putting her hands at her side and walking towards Sebastian to sit beside him. She had to keep her sight down at the ground to keep herself from blushing again just from sitting so close to Sebastian.

At his question, Clemence had to dig deep into her repertoire of music and after a few second’s pause, she said, “I like classical music but I’ll listen to anything.” She chewed down at her bottom lip and smiled softly before she chirped excitedly, “Okay my turn!” The blonde paused for a second, “Umm…” And asked shortly after, “Favorite movie?” Clemence was a fan of the cinematic arts and while she didn’t have too much time to watch the television, but when she did, she enjoyed it.

Sebastian's eyebrows rose, clearly impressed at hearing that Clemence listened to classical music. He didn't know anyone their age who listened to that music, and he had only listened to it a few times. The most recent time had been when he and Trilby had attempted to learn how to dance. It had been disastrous but they had fun nonetheless.

As he watched Clemence chew her lower lip, a smile crossed his face. It was a cute quirk and he wondered whether she even noticed that she did it. When he heard her question, a sheepish grin replaced the other smile he had. "Terminator" he replied in English, not having any idea what the French translation might be, " Best.Movie.Ever. Have you seen it?"

It took Sebastian only a second to think of his next question. "Have you ever pulled a prank on anyone C?" he asked with an amused expression on his face. Clemence was one of the nicest people he knew and a prefect to boot, so he figured that he already knew the answer. He had asked her more to see her reaction than anything.

Clemence looked at Sebastian as he said that his favorite movie was the Terminator, with a bit of surprise in her face. Most definitely not a favorite of hers, but she now knew the genre he was a fan of. She was more of a fan of either horrors or comedic movies as long as it did not have a love story in it. She didn't really understand why people acted so dumb in those movies so she rarely watched them. "I've seen it. Not my favorite," she answered truthfully.

"C?" Clemence repeated, fighting giggles at the nickname, not because it was a silly one but because she just hadn't expected getting one. The Prefect had never had a nickname before but she smiled as she thought back to the last prank she had played. It had been on her twin sisters as revenge for one that they played on her, but how could she not play pranks? For most of Clemence's life she had been a child of a family with four sisters and she now had seven siblings due to her parent's divorce and her mother's new husband and his children. "I've played my fair share," she answered slyly, smirking playfully at Sebastian before admitting in a small whisper, "Only on my siblings though."

Clemence leaned back, sitting up straight but a little bit more turned into Sebastian as she secretively tried to get closer to him. "When did you get that?" she asked, pointing to his eye brow piercing. She wondered if it hurt more than it had hurt to pierce her ears when she had gotten them done, of course she had been awfully little and barely remembered the ordeal, only that she had gotten her favorite stuffed animal after it.

Sebastian shrugged though the smile remained on his face as Clemence repeated the nickname he'd given her. He hadn't even noticed that he'd done it. "Is there something else you'd prefer me to call you?" he asked, a hint of being flirty entering his voice.

Nothing could have shocked Sebastian more than Clemence's response to his question. "No way!" he said with a chuckle, "I'm going to need to hear stories one day." He was beginning to see her in a new light, one that made him like her even more. Sebastian was finding it harder and harder each day to ignore the fact that he enjoyed hanging out with Clemence. It was true that she was a bit shy, but it was what made him like her even more. Many of the girls at this school were overly into themselves and spent more time spreading about each other than anything else. But, Clemence wasn't one of those girls. She did her own thing without getting into the drama that many of the other students, himself included, did.

When she pointed at his stud, Sebastian smiled again. "In January, for my birthday" he answered shortly, remembering how nervous he'd been to ask his gran. She'd gone along with little trouble which was yet another reason why Sebastian thought his grandmother might have had her own rebellious side when she'd been young despite her denials. "And yes...it hurt like hell" he added, answering a question he was sure she had though she hadn't asked.

Sebastian stood silent for a few moments as he thought of his next question. There was something he definitely wanted to ask Clemence, but he didn't know how to go about it. "Um...wou...what do you want to do when you leave school?" he asked, his hand reaching up to twist the earring in his ear as he usually did when he was nervous. He'd been about to ask something else but had chickened out at the last moment.

Clemence was new to flirtation and did not recognize the tone of it in Sebastian’s voice but smiled and said truthfully, “No, I like C.” It was interesting to think that her crush had given her a nickname when no one else ever had. Clemence Cybille Pelletier was not exactly a name that easily shortened, although her father at times called her CC.

Clemence laughed with Sebastian as he seemed floored by her answer, she had expected shock but not that much. But of course, she did try her hardest to pull off the innocent young lady look because she normally was just that. “I don’t know…” she said playfully. “You could tell people then I will loose my prefecture,” she joked, knowing that some of the Prefects were undeserving and had many a-time played tricks. “And if I loose my prefecture because of you, I’ll come after you,” she warned in a mockingly stern, warning voice before giggling quietly. There was no way that she was able to keep up an aggressive attitude, even in mockery.

At Sebastian’s answer, she nodded and at the presumption of her next question she smirked at him. “Why’d you do it, then?” she asked, not particularly caring that this was another question and it was not her turn, she was just curious. Clemence watched him as he silently thought of a question to ask her and as he was about to ask one, she perked up before quirking an eyebrow up at his change of next question. “I have had a career since I was nine. This year is a make it or break it of my sport,” she answered with a grin. “But when I’m too old I guess I might want to be an Auror like my father,” she added with a small shrug, knowing her career would be over shortly after her twentieth birthday for gymnastics because girls peaked earlier then boys did.

“What were you going to ask me before you changed to the cliché question, Sebastian?” Clemence asked, leaning in a bit closer with a sly smile, knowing that he did have something that he had wanted to ask her and she wanted to know what it was.

Sebastian could do nothing but chuckle as Clemence explained why she couldn't tell him any of the stories. The fact that she was afraid of losing her prefect status made him laugh harder. "Ok. I guess you don't have to tell me the stories...not now anyways" he teased when his laughter had subsided, and then he answered her question with a shrug. "I don't know. I thought it would look cool."

When Clemence began to speak about gymnastics and then about possibly becoming an auror, Sebastian nodded. "Bet you'll make it" he said and then added, "But an aurors a good, no a great job too." Sebastian still hadn't given much thought to what he wanted to do after he finished school, but knew that only a job with Potions or music would make him happy. Potions was the only subject he really loved, and music, well that was his life.

Sebastian had hoped that Clemence wouldn't notice the jump when he asked her about her career, but of course she had. She was smiling almost as if she knew what he planned on asking her. With a blush, Sebastian dropped his eyes from her face to his lap where his hands were. He'd never asked a girl out before and was a bit afraid of what might happen if she rejected him. Now or never Sebastian, he told himself. With sweating palms which he hastily wiped on his pants leg, Bas decided to just go for it. "Uh...I just was gonna ask if maybe...you might want to..uh...you know" he stammered and then rushed ahead. "gototheballwithme?" Reaching nervously for his earring, Sebastian waited for an answer, trying his best to keep an even expression on his face even as his heart beat so wildly in his chest that he knew she must be hearing it.

Clemence looked at Sebastian curiously as he seemed nervous about what she had asked him about what he was to ask her. The blood rushing to his cheeks not only amused her but made her blush on her own. The two of them were an odd pair. Clemence with her... well no one was really sure what Clemence's oddities were because no one knew her, which probably was one in itself and then Sebastian with his endless piercings and strange habits like blushing when she was sure there was not anything to blush about.

When he had asked her the question, Clemence's mouth nearly dropped at the question. She blushed and smiled at Sebastian before leaning in closely to him. She kissed his cheek lightly and her heart immediately sped up. The girl had never been so close to anyone outside of her family before. "I'd love to." She was relieved that Sebastian had asked her or she likely would have to go with Grande again, who she did not want to attend the Yule Ball with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back