The Sigurd Estate

Josh had been surprised that Lief had owled him to extend an invitation to the holiday dinner they were having, but grateful none the less. He had been to the Sigurd's home a few times, and was rather comfortable with them. He did not have to pretend to be anything he wasn't when he was there. He was a bit apprehensive with the fact that Valcan and Estrella and Tristan were all going to be in the same house. Hopefully, they won't destroy the place if things get out of hand.

He apparated to the front step and rang the bell. Knowing he was welcome, he opened the door and entered the front hallway. "Hello? Dais? Lief?" he called down the hall as he shut the door behind him and walked into the living room. He stopped short at the sight of Valcan sitting in a chair with Annette on his lap looking surprisingly comfortable. "Hello everyone. How goes it?" He smiled at them, happy to be around a sort of family for this holiday after everything that happened at the last.

Sarah looked up at Valcan, seeing a bit of the man she had once loved in his eyes. It was odd that after everything, he was still able to make her heart skip a beat once in a while. Just then, a man she had never seen entered the room, seemingly familiar with the place. She gave him a puzzled look, then realized this must be Josh, Tristan and Lief's friend. "Hello. How are you? You must be Josh." she said from her spot on the floor by Anders.

Valcan looked back to Sarah; he truly did not know what to feel about her. His more stubborn side egged him on to behave rudely towards her, but the other told him to put his past beside him. Did he still have love for her? He wasn't sure if he was even capable of love.

Looking to Joshua, who had just entered the room, he said, "Hello. I suppose that everything is fine," and decided that it would suffice. He didn't mind his cousin, but he wasn't particularly enthused with the majority of those in the household at the moment. His golden eyes glowed in general irritation but lost their glow as he looked down at Annette, who was grinning broadly at the man who had entered the room.

After having wreaked havoc in the places he had been able to reach, knocking bottles of shampoos and soaps to the floor in the bathroom, Erik commenced to run down the hallway on his tiny legs, his ice blue eyes alight with excitement. He had been having quite a lot of fun, undetained and able to explore where he wanted and bursting with boundless energy. He wasn't used to this, and it was quite entertaining.

Not recognizing the man who was standing in the living room, with a loud yell he ran towards Josh, attacking his legs and wrapping his arms around them. "HI!" he yelled, grinning with his set of small teeth, attempting to be the cutest in the room. He knew that he had competition with his cousins, and being quite the little show off he didn't want to share.

Finally able to stop his knees from knocking, Lief looked to Daisy, and replied quietly, "A certain little monster decided to attack me from under the table." He looked pointedly at Tristan, attempting to get over the general shock of the pain. He looked to Daisy, who seemed to be thoroughly amused with the whole situation.

Tristan raised his eyebrows at Lief, chuckling a bit. "Erik?" he inquired, although it was more of a statement than a question. He looked to Daisy, his ice blue eyes flickering in intense amusement. Walking up and clapping his younger brother on the back, he said, "Sorry about that, Liten Bror." He stepped back, and added, "You have to watch out for him." He looked to Daisy. "Do you need me to say something? He really shouldn't be doing that; he's a wild two year old."

The whole 'father' thing was really starting to be implanted in him, even though he was not a very good one.

Brunhilde had commenced staring at the wall, feeling a bit awkward as Sarah and her father spoke to one another. Things between them seemed frosty, and she felt no need to converse.

She was a bit relieved when Josh entered the room, smirking at him. "Why hello," she greeted, watching as something small attacked him from the hallway. Erik seemed to be a friendly enough kid, but if Tristan wasn't careful the child was going to get kidnapped. She had no affinity for children, nor did she dislike them. She wasn't around them enough, she supposed.

Estrella suddenly remembered something that she had to do, and while she found Lief's predicament rather amusing she wanted out of the crowd, at least for now. She did not want to express it but the slew of different people was rather overwhelming for her, considering they were all family. Turning to her father, her dark eyes lidded, she stated, "I have some letters to write. May I be excused for a bit?"

Tristan looked to Estrella as he waited for Daisy and/or Lief to reply, and he replied with a shrug, "Sure. I believe dinner's soon though; I'll be up to get you when it begins."

A bit relieved to be on her own, Estrella gave an awkward nod to Lief and Daisy before she exited the room, not quite sure what to think of her family. Besides the fact that at least two of the men were death eaters, that she was positive of, they seemed pretty normal. Well, as normal as they could be anyway, provided the circumstances.

Putting all of the awkwardness aside, this definitely was a nice change from school, where she seemed to be regarded as a moody Prefect. Which wasn't entirely untrue, but she hadn't really talked to anyone this year. She wasn't sure who her friends were anymore; had they all just given up on trying?

Shaking her head, she found a way around the living room to get upstairs, finding a different hallway, and after a moment's speculation was able to get back to the room provided for her. It suddenly dawned on her that she hadn't brought Harper, and she had no way of sending letters, nor gifts. She could always ask to use one, she supposed, although she didn't know if anyone's owls would be willing to fly all the way to Ireland or the United States from Australia.

Sighing, she took all of the candy she had gotten from Honeydukes and placed them on the floor, placing her somewhat melted Kit Kat Bar on the nightstand and figuring that she would snack on it later.

She felt a bit guilty for not contacting Kaela over the whole school year, and since she was coming back she thought that sending a gift might make talking a bit easier. Grabbing one of the four candy bags she had bought for individual friends, she put it to the side of her, scrawling out a quick note.

Kaela,

I'm not sure whether you celebrate Christmas or not, but still, I wanted to send something for the Holidays.  I can't wait to see you back at school after Break is over.  I apologize for not writing to you- There's been a lot going on my mind and there's been a lot of change for me.

Happy Holidays and see you at school soon,
Estrella

After tying the letter to the bag and making sure it was secure she grabbed the magical candy gift basket that she had bought for the Thomas family, staring at it for a moment. It was a little awkward, but she managed to make an even smaller note, as she was quite unsure what to say.
To the Thomas Family,

Hope you all are having a great Christmas. 

Happy Holidays,
Estrella

She thought about writing a bit more, but deciding that the gesture would suffice she too secured the letter to the basket, wondering if any owl would be willing to carry the gifts. There might even have to be two. Not to mention, she still had gifts to give the Bennetts, Courtney, Lily and Bruin, although she could probably send the latter three from school.

Sitting back, she looked at everything that she had put together, deciding that it was sufficient enough.[/color]

Daisy looked at Tristan. "Well, as funny as the scene was, Erik really shouldn't be doing that to anyone. Just think if he did that to Far. That would not have been pretty," she replied. She hoped that Tristian would get the hint that he needed to keep his spawn in check before he started to teach the twins some bad habits.

"Okay, now everyone out so I can finish up dinner. NOW!" she said with a smile, shoving the men towards the door. "If you get out of my way, it will be ready in about 5 minutes."

Tristan nodded to Daisy, finding it quite hard to keep a serious face. With a look to Lief, he exited the kitchen swiftly to give his sister-in-law some room, filtering into the crowded living room silently and observing the odd assemblage as he took a seat next to Brunhilde.

"Alright, hon," Lief said with a groan, and staggering into the living room he managed to move to an upright position, smiling weakly at the guests and his children. "Dinner should be ready in a few minutes."

He looked to Josh with a nod, observing Erik clinging to his legs. Lucky bastard, he thought. Josh didn't seem to have been attacked by the little monster, in any case.

Josh was shocked at the strength of the little tyke that grabbed his legs. He almost knocked him backwards. "Um, hi there little one. Now who are you?" he asked as he picked the little one up and disengaged him from his legs. He threw him over his shoulder similar to a sack of potatoes. He looked around the room, greeting Brun, then looking for the likely father. "Tristan, I believe this is yours?" he said as Tristan entered and sat down, dropping the child onto Tristan's lap.

"ERIK!" the little boy greeted loudly, grinning broadly at the man. He giggled at the fact that he had nearly knocked him backwards, surprised as he was thrown over the man's shoulder like he was a rag doll, squealing shrilly in excitement. He loved being thrown around and being rough; seeming to startle his two younger cousins, who watched him with wide eyes. Annette started to whimper just a bit at the loud noise, her lip trembling. She was not used to loud noises, in any case.

"DADDY!" he exclaimed as he was tossed into his father's lap, clutching him around the midsection tightly. He was dwarfed by the man, not even able to get his arms halfway around him. Although he didn't really think at his age, something in his subconscious always missed his father's presence.

((Nice to know I'm an elephant <_< :p :lol: ))

Tristan nodded to Josh as Erik was dumped onto him, enveloping his son in a bear hug. "You need to stop running into people, okay?" he said, attempting to ensnare his son's attention. Looking up to Josh, he stated, "You're lucky; you didn't mean the same fate as Uncle Lief here." He motioned to his brother, grinning broadly.

Josh looked at Lief, realizing why he was walking funny. "Buddy, how on Earth did that happen to you?" he asked with a laugh. He walked over to sit next to Brun, on the opposite side of the sofa from Tristan.

Lief grimaced a bit, still standing in the doorway. His accent thick, he simply replied with a nervous chuckle, "The kid's fast." His hand moved to the developing goose egg on his forehead resulting from the refrigerator, and the other from the table. He had a feeling that this was going to be an exhausting Christmas.

Looking to Annette as she started to whimper, she seemed to become calm again, Valcan bouncing her in his lap. "Dinner should be any moment," he stated again, looking around.

Looking to Lief with a mischevious grin, Erik giggled along with the new man whom he had literally run into. He only nodded at his father, for the moment sitting still against his father's chest. His eyes moved between the people conversing amongst each other, although his silence would probably not last for long.

Daisy entered the room from the dining room. She had just finished setting the table with the food and was ready for people to come and eat. She looked around, smiled and then spoke. "Dinner is ready. Please. Come and enjoy." She then walked over to her husband and taking his hand, walked back to the dining room, knowing that the twins would come with their grandparents.

[size=-7]there is a pink elephant in the room and noone is allowed to talk about it![/size]

"In that case," Tristan started, rising from the couch, noticing the large number of people in the room, "I"m going to go get Estrella for dinner. I should be back in a moment." Tossing Erik over his shoulder, he looked to him with a grin, and said, "You, little one, are coming with me."

Walking out of the room with the wriggling sack of potatoes over his shoulder, Tristan ascended the stairs quickly, stepping through the door of Estrella's room, which was open due to the heat. "Dinner's almost ready," he said, placing Erik on the floor. "Erik, meet Estrella."

"Stray?" Erik inquired, his high pitched voice curious and expression inquisitive as he was placed on the floor, his blue eyes observing his sister. "Whozzat?"

His attention span was cut short, however, as he noticed the bright wrapped gifts on the floor. "CANDY!" he exclaimed, racing forward to grab all that he could, his expression alight. He was one kid that really didn't need a kick of sugar.

Estrella watched in a daze as the little kid raced forward on his little legs, smirking as he grabbed for the candy. "Oh, hi," she said meekly, nodding to the little boy. He had to be only two.

Looking to her father, Estrella asked, "Um, is there an owl I can borrow around here that's willing to go to Ireland?" She watched as Erik grabbed for the kit kat bar she had left on the nightstand.

With one lithe movement, Tristan had snatched Erik, picking him up and holding him well out of reach from the muggle candy. "I don't think so. The last thing you need, champ, is sugar. And besides that, it'll spoil your dinner."

Holding the wriggling and giggling Erik under one arm, he turned to Estrella. "Yes, you can use Alexander, in fact. Although if you're carrying two baskets to different places, I suppose you might be able to use Lief's owl." With a whistle, the snowy owl, who had flown out of his bedroom window, flew in through Estrella's.

Looking down to his daughter with a grin, he repeated, "Dinner is ready. Everyone's here that said they'd come."

"Alright," Estrella said, moving forward and with an uneasy glance at the fierce owl, tied the basket and Kaela's bag to it's leg, hoping that it wouldn't be too heavy. After telling the owl its destinations, she watched it fly out of the window, turning to her father with a weak smile.

"I'm ready now," she said, her feet bare against the cool wood floor. This was definitely going to be an interesting experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back