The secret

Arianna Tipley

OOC First Name
Lizzy
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Arianna was feling strangely bright and happy, as she walked down to the quidditch pitch. After telling Taylor and Sam her secret, she felt as though a huge weight had been lifted off her shoulders. She sighed, looking up at the blue sky. She was determined that today would be the day that she learnt to fly properly. She had taken the lessons last year, but never really practised it.

She purposefuly over to the broom shed, and collected one out. She wasn't bothered about what it looked like, as long as it got her off the ground. Carrying it over to the side of the pitch, she stood there akwardly, not really knowing what to do. Glad that there was no one else around, she gingerly swung one leg over the broom.

((So sorry I had to go really quickly this morning))

Sam walked down to the quidditch pitch with his Emerald streak in his hand. He wore a blue check shirt and a pair of jeans. It was a beautiful day and that made him want to fly even more than usual. The quidditch pitch was like his second home. Arriving on the pitch he saw it was completely empty except for one girl. Sam liked it that way he hated flying around when it was packed. Once he came closer he saw the girl had mounted but hadn't taken off, it looked she wasn't going to anytime soon.

"Hey, you alright?" His british accent was thick. He then recognnised her as Ari. "Ari! Hey!" He smiled. "Do you need a little help?" He had helped many of his friends learn to fly and he didn't mind one bit.

Arianna looked up when she heard a familiar voice. She quickly swung her leg back over the broom, staggering slightly as she tried to regain balance. Now that she wasn't in the awkward position over the broom, she looked up. It was Sam walking towards her. She smiled, glad that he was here. "Hey!" she said "Um, yeah, that'd be good" she said when he asked if she needed help.
"I was just... I'm not really sure" she said, thinking of her attempt to mount her broom. Her cheeks turned pink.

"Yeah thats okay.." Sam said understandingly. "Okay so first we're going to have to get you into a good mounting position. Sam demonstrated he had his broom in between his legs, "Just be in a relaxed position- it works best." He said while getting into a relaxed crouch. "See." He said, it'd be best to take it nice and slow.

"Ok. Relaxed" Arianna repeated, imitating the way he sat on his broom. "I'm accident prone" she told him "The last time I flew a broom, I think I crashed into Aeon's window" she said, laughing, as she remembered the holiday mishap.
Her Canadian accent sounded much different to his British one. "Where are you from?" she asked him.

Sam laughed, "Poor Aeon...well poor me. I have to deal with you." He said rolling his eyes playfully. He didn't mind one bit. "I'm just kidding- Oh I'm from London. You?" He asked her in return.

"Yeah, you might want to be careful" Arianna said, half-serious, thinkng of everything that could go wrong. "I'm from Northern Canada, up where it's really cold" she said, thinking fondly of her home. "London, that's awesome! Why didn't you to Hogwart Scotland then?" she asked, glad that he had come here to Hogwart New Zealand instead.

"Oh cool. I'd love to go there.." He picked up on the fondness in her voice when she spoke of hime. he wish he could be like that, but it wasn't his home was now here with his uncle, which suited him perfectly. The dread question came up, though he couldn't blame Arianna for asking him it. It seemed strange why he didn't go to Hogwarts Scotland. "Well...um.." She told him her secret he may aswell tell her his. "Its a family thing..we don't get on so well and the fact that I got into Hufflepuff made things worse from a family of Slytherins." He said quietly. "But I live with my uncle here. So I'm pretty happy now." He wanted to get off the subject fast. "Shall we move onto the next step?" He suggested.

Arianna looked over at him, and felt like she'd touched the wrong subject. "Sorry" she sid, biting her lip. She knew it would be hard to have not-so-accepting family "Well, it's good that you're happy here" she said, attempting to brighten up the conversation.
"Ok" she said, taking a deep breath, when he suggested moving on to the next step.

"No. Don't worry." He said nicely, it wasn't her fault. "Ok." He repeated. "The next step would be taking off and hovering. We won't go too high..cause...well..y'know.." he laughed. He thought about the easiest way to put it, "Just lightly kick off. Lightly. You don't want to send yourself flying." He explained then did as he had just said and kicked off lightly till he was hovering a couple feet of the ground. "I'll make sure nothing will happen." he reassured her.

Arianna nodded as he told her to push off slowly. "I'll try" she promised him. She watched as he pushed off, and was hovering just above the ground. She swallowed. Biting her lip, she got a firmer hold on her broom, and pushed off, ever so slightly. Nothing much happened, she just seemed to bounce slightly. She tried again, with alittle more force. Her broom rose into the air, coming level with Sam's.
"Wow" she said, looking down at the ground. It seemed a long way down, though she knew that they were only a few feet off the ground.

Sam clapped loudly for her as she came level with him. "Not so hard right? That was awesome!" He said encouragingly. "Are you ready for the next step which is a little trickier than the first two." He said, "Though you'l lbe well able." The next step was actually flying, this was when many people hurt themselves.

Arianna blushed slightly as he clapped. "I'm guesing that this next step will either make or break me, right?" she said, grinning. She was really enjoying being out here with him. She adjusted her hold on the broom, so that she was sitting up a little straighter, ready or whatever she had to do next.

"Don't worry, you'll do fine" he winked. Sam actually had to think of what to do next, it was so natural to him he didn't have to think about it. He found it quite amusing actually. "Okay..well just tilt your broom in the direction you want to go and lean on it. A little. Always a little." He could could go extremely fast by leaning hard sometimes so fast that everything was a blur, those were the best flying sessions. "Watch." He tilted his broom to the right and leaned over a little moving his broom slowly and smoothly to the right. "Wanna give it a go?" He asked flying more quickly back next to her, just in case something happened.

((Arianna's not allowed to be a werewolf, so forget all about that, lol))
Arianna watched as Sam directed his broom smoothly to the right. He had a funny look on his face, as if he found something amusing. She hoped she didn't look too weird. "Alrighty" she said, preparing herself. She felt safer with him next to her, though she highly doubted that he would be stong enough to catch her if she was falling. You're not going to fall she told herself.
Shakily, she directed her broom over to the right, like Sam had done, and leaned forward slightly. The broom flew right in the direction she wanted, a little bit faster than she would have liked, but it didn't unseat her. She had a moment of panic, as she realised that she didn't know how to stop, but calmed herself, and sat up straight. The broom came to a complete stop. Arianna released her breath, which she had been holding.

((Okay :D ))

Sam watched Arianna cautiously but she did great, he had realised he had forgotten to tell her how to stop. He cheered loudly, "See, your a pro!" He said happily. He flew over to her quickly. "I'm sorry I forgot to tell you how to stop..but you seemed to manage it okay." He said, "Do you want to go up higher?" A small smile spread on his face.

Arianna laughed "I don't think I'd go as far as pro" she said, still laughing. When he asked if she wanted to go higher, he had a funny little smile on his face. She couldn't work out what it meant, so she just smiled back.
After a few moments she said, rather hesitantly "Ok, but promise you'll stay right here?"
She felt not quite comfortble on the broom, but much better than she did before.
"Your a good teacher, maybe you should drop school and take it up full time" she joked. She was struck with a sudden thought. Could you drop out of Hogwarts? She certainly wasn't going to.

"I promise." Sam said truthfully. He then laughed, "YeahI am sure I could give Professor Ana a run for her money!" Sam had no intention of dropping out of hogwarts or becoming any sort of teacher whatsoever. He had bigger plans. He wanted to become the next Chudley Cannons chaser wheter that mean't he had to practice all day everyday, he would. "I dunno...but why would you want to?" He asked her. "So next step..." Sam trailed off, thoughts swirling in his head, "Just bring your broom up like this-" He tilted his broom up, "-and lean like so..." He went higher but not too much. "See? Easy!" Sam waited for Ari to give it a shot.

"Ok then" Arianna agreed "Imagine being a Hogwarts drop out in the first year. My mom would kill me!" she said, smiling at what her practical mother would say. "My dad would probably be over the moon, then send me to a normal non-magical school" she said with a shudder "I swear, those places are like torture chambers. Have you ever been to one?]"
"I'm not actually sure what I want to do. Probably something to do with music" she said with a grin "And I'm guessing that you want to do something with Quidditch?" she said, thinking that he probably did.

She watched as Sam just tilted his broom handle up, leant forward slightly, and ended up higher than her. "Um..." she said, but couldn't think of anything else to say, so she aimed her broom just to left of where Sam was hovering, and leant forward. Her broom shot forward, way faster that intended, but for so some reason, she was enjoying it. he sat up a little,and brought the broom back to Sam "That was really fun!" she exclaimed, still feeling the rush from going fast.

Sam nodded, "Yeah unfortuanately enough. For my primary education...I already new I was a wizard so I was just eager to get the hell out of that school." Sam had never really spoke much about his primary school, it was weird to think that many of the other students that he knew were still there and believed he was off to a fancy boarding school in New Zealand. His father had warned him not to make friends with any of them because they were muggles, in a way it was easier for him to leave aswell.

"Yeah? You play music. So do I. I play acoustic guitar and bass." He said, "Do you play an instrument or is it singing?" Sam asked her, he knew many students who had an interest in music. "Oh defineitly! Chudley Cannons here I come!" He smiled excitedly.

Once Sam had finished his demonstration he watched her- once again- with catious eyes and he was ready to speed if anything went wrong. When she shot forward Sam was ready to fly up behind her but she seemed to have taken control and was on her way back to him. "You don't even need my help. Your great at this. I mean, thats all the basics of flying. A little bit of practice and your on your way." He said to her.

"Ugh, yeah, I was the same. I had to go to primary, and I knew that I was coming here too. I didn't fit in at all, or at least I didn't try. I was just that weird girl who could make plants grow really fast" Arianna said with a grimace. "It sucks"
"That's awesome!" she exclaimed, when he told her about his music "I have my own acoustic guitare. It's my number one pride and joy"
"Which position do you play in Quidditch?" she asked. She didn't know that much about Quiddith, just the positions.

She was struck with a sudden idea.
"How about we test out my flying skills by flying up to Hufflepuff house, and grabbing my guitare through the window. We should get your too, if you brought it." she said, eyes twinkling, excited by the thought of actually flying somewhere.

"Yeah I had one at home but I didn't bring it with me, my girlf- ex-girlfriend got me one for Christmas. Its much better than my other one." Sam said, annoyed at himself for the slip-up. "I usually play chaser, its what I'm best at. What would you be interested in playing?" He asked her. Sam was also quite good at beater but preferred playing chaser.

"Yeah that sounds wicked!" He nodded, he rose a little higher on his broom easily. He tried to figure out where the Hufflepuff house was but he clearly saw his Chudley Cannons orange flag hanging from his dorm room. "Lets fly to my dorm, it'll be easier to find." he grinned and pointed at the window with the bright orange flag.

Arianna bit her lip when Sam got mixed up. She wasn't sure what to say, so she just looked down at the ground. She had never been able to talk to people about relationships, as she have basically no experience. She had tried going out with someone before, but it hadn't worked. She wasn't sure if she was too young, or just hadn't been well matched to the person.

"I seriously have no idea" she admitted with a laugh "I've never played Quidditch, so I'm not really sure" she said, thinking of herself flying around at high speed, while maniac flying balls were trying to knock her out. The thought made her laugh again.

Gingerly, she rose to Sams height, and shading her eyes with her hands, she also tried to figure out where there dormitories were. She was saved by Sam pointing at a window, in which she could just make out something orange. She had a feeling it was a Chudley Cannon's poster, and grinned. "Alright, let's go, but I'm not racing" she said "Yet she added, narrowing her eyes in mock competitiveness.

"Thats okay. I'd beat you anyway." he said jokingly. "Just follow my lead." Sam said and he leaned forward on his Emerald Streak and he was away. The warm air softly blew his hair out of his eyes. He restrained himself from going faster as much as he wanted to, because the emerald streak could pick up speeds that he sometimes thought weren't possible for a broomstick.

Once the flew over the lawn Sam whipped around his head and called, "How's it going back there?" He smiled and slowed down a bit, waiting for Ari to catch up.

"You never know" Arianna retorted, but she laughed knowing it was true. She watched as Sam leant forward on his broom, and sped off towards the castle. Wow she thought. He made it look so easy! Arianna leant forward on her broom like she had before, and was off. Sam was still going faster than her, but she laughed a carefree laugh. This was such a nice feeling. Shakily, she directd her broom down, into a bad dive. She pulled the handle back up when she was a few feet from the ground. Her scuffed converse sneakers brushed the tops of the long grass, and she suddenly felt more comfortable now that she was closer to the ground.

She decided to try and go faster. Arianna leant all of her weight down on the broom handle, and hung on for dear life. The broom was like a horse at the racetrack, coming out of the gate. The whistle of the wind in her ears blocked out everything else. She slowed down a little, and craned her neck to try and spot Sam. He was still way ahead of her, so she pulled the broom handle up, and pressed herself to it, clinging on tightly. She saw him stop and wait for her. She came to a stop beside him, cheeks pink, and adrenilen still coursing through her. "That was awesome!" she managed, and grin stretching across her face.

"Race ya to the castle!" Arianna suddenly shouted, flattening herself to the broom handle once more, and shooting off in the direction of the castle. He whizzed past her in seconds, like she'd known he would, but she diddn't care. She just laughed and tried to urge her broom to go faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back